Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitbulls attack and castrate unattended baby

Pitbulls attack and castrate unattended baby

i dont know what other section this story would belong in so im putting it here.

[size=12pt]Pitbulls attack, disfigure unattended baby[/size]
    A 6-month-old boy's testicles were severed when two large dogs attacked him as he lay strapped into a baby carrier last weekend at a Murrieta apartment, authorities said.

The mother, identified by Murrieta police as Carrie McKinney, 22, of Point Loma, apparently had left the baby in the carrier on the floor in a room at her friend's apartment with the pit bull and pit bull mix, said Sgt. Bob Landwehr. It was not clear how long the baby had been left alone. The mother and friend, identified as Doug Ritchey, the dogs' owner, came to the baby's rescue when they heard him screaming, Landwehr said.

No one has been arrested in connection with the incident Saturday, police said.

Police were called to the apartment complex at 26301 Arboretum Way in the southwest Riverside County community about 10 a.m. after one or both of the dogs tore off the baby's diaper and bit his scrotum, Landwehr said.

The baby was taken to Rancho Springs Medical Center in Murrieta, then transferred to another hospital, but Landwehr said he did not have an update on the child's condition Wednesday.

Police and child protective services were investigating the attack.

Landwehr said the dogs were seized by animal control.

UPDATE

Two dogs are set to be euthanized after attacked a 6-month-old boy at a Murrieta apartment.
    Willa Bagwell, director of Animal Friends of the Valleys, which provides animal control services for Murrieta, said it appears both were involved in the attack judging by the blood on the dogs.

Ritchey, who lives at the apartment where the attack occurred, signed a release to allow animal control to euthanize the 5-year-old female pit bull and 8-month-old female pit bull mix, Bagwell said. The dogs will be kept alive at the shelter until Tuesday to make sure they do not have rabies, she said.

Animal control officers had been called out to the complex in recent weeks because someone reported the same two dogs were abandoned in an apartment, Bagwell said. Ritchey showed up while officers were there and said the dogs were his.

At the shelter Wednesday, the dogs were being kept in separate cages and away from the other animals with a "Beware of Dog" sign on a chain.

Bagwell estimated that the pit bull weighs 70 to 80 pounds and pit bull mix weighs about 60 pounds. She said she spoke with McKinney when she and Ritchey visited the Lake Elsinore animal shelter after the attack.

Neither McKinney nor Ritchey could be reached for comment.

This is the first time in more than two decades with the organization that Bagwell has seen an infant with such serious dog bite injuries. Toddlers and older children often are bitten when they approach or provoke dogs, she said. Obviously, an infant in a carrier did nothing to provoke the attack, she said.

Bagwell said she was shocked that someone would leave a defenseless infant unattended around dogs, especially pit bulls.

"It was very negligent," Bagwell said. "We're just all praying for this poor baby. It's such a tragedy. And what's sad is that it was so preventable."

mydeathspace

Re: Pitbulls attack and castrate unattended baby

Dog owner Doug Ritchey:

http://www.myspace.com/kriminalelementclothing

http://www.facebook.com/people/Doug-Ritchey/100000045996227

Negligent mother Carrie McKinney:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Carrie-Mckinney/100000451306847
    http://www.myspace.com/carrieraea

Baby:

One of the dogs in question?:

I really hate that they are euthanizing the dogs.  That is fucking awful, but seriously...who the fuck straps their kid to something in a room alone with two big dogs? WTF?
    What an awful thing to happen...especially to someone so young. 
    Dumbasses should not be allowed to own dogs that could potentially be aggressive.

I hope this hasn't at all come across as, as Ron would say, animals>people...that's not at all my intent. It just sucks that the dogs are paying for someone else's negligence. I don't have kids, but I would NEVER leave my niece and nephew unattended with a pit bull or any possibly aggressive dog.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=sue_vicious link=topic=24933.msg1590908#msg1590908 date=1270775063]
    I really hate that they are euthanizing the dogs.  That is fucking awful, but seriously...who the fuck straps their kid to something in a room alone with two big dogs? WTF?
    Dumbasses should not be allowed to own dogs that could potentially be aggressive.

I hope this hasn't at all come across as, as Ron would say, animals>people...that's not at all my intent. It just sucks that the dogs are paying for someone else's negligence. I don't have kids, but I would NEVER leave my niece and nephew unattended with a pit bull or any possibly aggressive dog.

[/quote]

"They" euthanize dogs for far less:  food aggression, for example.  I have no problem with these dogs being put down.  They're not "doing what comes naturally."  There's no room for feral dogs in our society.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=24933.msg1590930#msg1590930 date=1270776584]
    "They" euthanize dogs for far less:  food aggression, for example.  I have no problem with these dogs being put down.  They're not "doing what comes naturally."  There's no room for feral dogs in our society.
    [/quote]
    I do totally understand your point. I guess the main problem I have is that the guy who owned the dogs was obviously a shitty owner. Those dogs are not meant to be kept inside an apartment, and I believe I read that animal control or someone had been called before on him/his dogs. I just wonder if they would've been any less aggressive if they were better taken care of.
    That's just a thought; I'm not saying that would absolutely be the case. I've never owned any aggressive-type breeds, so I can't pretend I know what I'm talking about.  :lol:

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=sue_vicious link=topic=24933.msg1590908#msg1590908 date=1270775063]

[/quote]Of course I can't remember any names but what about the incident a couple months ago where it was the baby's cousin's birthday and the pit attacked her/him (can't remember) out of nowhere, with a bunch of adults right there? I know it's a different situation but I have a hard time with kids being around dogs at all, supervised or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=24933.msg1590952#msg1590952 date=1270777793]
    Of course I can't remember any names but what about the incident a couple months ago where it was the baby's cousin's birthday and the pit attacked her/him (can't remember) out of nowhere, with a bunch of adults right there? I know it's a different situation but I have a hard time with kids being around dogs at all, supervised or not.
    [/quote]
    I don't think I heard about that, but I suppose that's true. I don't really know how kids work, but it seems like a good idea to not bring them around pitbulls. I can pretty safely say you should not strap them to a seat with pitbulls around, lol.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=sue_vicious link=topic=24933.msg1590957#msg1590957 date=1270778134]
    I don't think I heard about that, but I suppose that's true. I don't really know how kids work, but it seems like a good idea to not bring them around pitbulls. I can pretty safely say you should not strap them to a seat with pitbulls around, lol.
    [/quote]He/she was toddling around...I think he/she had a loose sock and the dog attacked the sock at first, and the dad grabbed the kid immediately but it was all over too fast for anything to be done.

I'm in class and therefore really busy...find it for me. :lol:
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=24933.msg1590960#msg1590960 date=1270778254]
    He/she was toddling around...I think he/she had a loose sock and the dog attacked the sock at first, and the dad grabbed the kid immediately but it was all over too fast for anything to be done.

I'm in class and therefore really busy...find it for me. :lol:
    [/quote]
    I searched for "pitbull" and about 6 different things came up, hahaha. There was one at a daycare which is totally WTF. My search keeps breaking and being slow.

I know it probably doesn't matter much, but Doug and Carrie are an item, according to his facebook.

Here's her facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000451306847
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

Sorry Mike, didn't see where you posted it under her picture.&nbsp; :oops:
    You can delete my posts, if you want.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

Im all for these dogs being put down, as a matter of fact had this been my child or even my dogs that did this, they would have been shot on the spot.&nbsp; i dont believe in blaming the breed but it is hard when it comes to pit bulls because they can be such loving dogs.&nbsp; its not like there isnt such thing as a good pit bull because i know there is.&nbsp; it not only depends on their upbringing but their blood lines and you can never be positive of their lineage.

and i have bullmastiffs that are going to be 200+ lbs when full grown and even *if* i totally trust them, i would never leave a child alone with them.&nbsp; mine are even kenneled when i leave the house and my kids are here.&nbsp;

whats sad is this poor child who is going to most likely have severe physical issues for the rest of his life.&nbsp; i hope he does okay!&nbsp;

I'm all for these animals being put down. They attacked a baby in a carrier for gods sake. Something was wrong with these animals period.

This baby needs to be taken away from the mother. Who leaves their child alone,strapped in a carrier, with 2 big ass dogs? Negligent to say the least.

i want to know what was going on in the other room and what kind of consequences will come with this incident if any.

[quote author=Resident_Queer link=topic=24933.msg1591114#msg1591114 date=1270801647]

This baby needs to be taken away from the mother.
    [/quote]

Hopefully someone has the balls.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=24933.msg1591153#msg1591153 date=1270809868]
    Hopefully someone has the balls.
    [/quote]

:|

Gotta remember any dog can attack.&nbsp; It's not just pit bulls that can attack.&nbsp; It's mostly how the dog has been raised!&nbsp; Those that left the little one with the dogs need to have alpo rubbed on their privates and be strapped down for some doggie feeding time.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=24933.msg1590930#msg1590930 date=1270776584]
    &quot;They&quot; euthanize dogs for far less:&nbsp; food aggression, for example.&nbsp; I have no problem with these dogs being put down.&nbsp; They're not &quot;doing what comes naturally.&quot;&nbsp; There's no room for feral dogs in our society.
    [/quote]
    How do people defend this shit? Who wants these dogs alive? :lol:
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

mydeathspace

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=24933.msg1591465#msg1591465 date=1270838610]
    How do people defend this shit? Who wants these dogs alive? :lol:
    [/quote]

pitluvr4ever

I hate these dogs. HATE.

Why can't people have little cute dogs like I have?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=24933.msg1591472#msg1591472 date=1270839661]
    pitluvr4ever

I hate these dogs. HATE.

[/quote]
    Touche.

I don't know why someone would welcome this shit into their house. Whether you have kids or not.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=24933.msg1591472#msg1591472 date=1270839661]
    pitluvr4ever

I hate these dogs. HATE.

[/quote]

My dog is cuter:

Oh my god DM what is your dog's name?!

mydeathspace

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=24933.msg1591476#msg1591476 date=1270839944]
    My dog is cuter:
    [/quote]

HAHA! Look at those little teeth showing! That beast is possessed and looks vicious.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=24933.msg1591521#msg1591521 date=1270843324]
    Oh my god DM what is your dog's name?!
    [/quote]

Pablo.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=24933.msg1591526#msg1591526 date=1270843631]
    HAHA! Look at those little teeth showing! That beast is possessed and looks vicious.
    [/quote]

:x

pit bulls have a bad rap, they are bred to be fighting dogs and they have a specific way of attacking its prey.&nbsp; they grab ahold, teeth locked on and shake violently.&nbsp; i saw my 3 month old pitty do the same thing to her toys.&nbsp; special care has to be given to this breed.&nbsp; peopple should be neutering and spaying the fuck outta those dogs but they dont.&nbsp; they all want a mean dog with a big massive head that screams 'protection'.&nbsp;

we made the mistake of adopting ours from the pound.&nbsp; we knew nothing of ther blood lines or what her parents were like.&nbsp; as a matter of fact the shelter called her a boxer/mix.&nbsp; yeah, a mixed pit bull.&nbsp;
    she bit my son and she bit me.&nbsp; i rehomed her immediatly with somoene who doesny have children or pets and has alot of experience with them.&nbsp;

i dont condemn the breed but only experienced owners should have them.&nbsp; those dogs that hurt this baby should have been shot on site.&nbsp; once a dog tastes blood like that, they are never the same again.

Thread Information