Thread: Kimberley Ann Amero, missing since September 1985.

Kimberley Ann Amero, missing since September 1985.

Searched, and couldn't find anything on this woman.

It's old, I know... but it seems interesting to me. She's missing since 1985.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123921169834 Her facebook missing page.

http://news.webshots.com/photo/24791...64924833pkxABH

CASE TYPE: MISSING...NAME: Kimberly Ann Amero... Alias: Kimberly Cormier, Kimberly Small... DATE OF BIRTH: Sep 05, 1969... EYE COLOUR:blue... HAIR COLOUR: dark blonde... SEX:Female... MISSING SINCE:Sep 03, 1985... MISSING FROM:Saint John,New Brunswick Canada... CIRCUMSTANCES:Circumstances: Kimberley ran away from home and has not been seen since. Kimberley's photograph has been age-progressed to 35 years of age. Kimberely has dark blonde hair and may wear glasses. Kimberley may use the alias surnames: CORMIER, SMALL, or FOSTER.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://amberalertcanada.wordpress.co...ley-ann-amero/

Amber Alert Canada!
    November 10, 2009
    Kimberley Ann AMERO
    Filed under: New Brunswick Alerts — amberalertcanada @ 6:55 pm

Missing Since: 03 September 1985

Missing From: Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA

Details: Kimberley ran away from home.

Missing Child:

Kimberley Ann AMERO

Date of Birth: 09 September 1969
    Sex: Female
    Hair: Blond
    Eye: Blue
    Height: 162 cm (Unknown)
    Weight: 52 kg (115 lb)
    Additional Information: Kimberley has dark blonde hair and may wear glasses. Kimberley’s photograph has been age-progressed to 35 years of age.
    Alias(es): Kimberly AMERO, Kimberley CORMIE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the looks of it, her mother is still actively searching for her, as of just a few months ago. I can't imagine. 25 years later, and she's still looking for her daughter... at least she still has hope. How sad. She ran away... so I wonder if she didn't just start a new life, as some kids try to do. I wonder what was going on at home that she ran away in the first place?
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

Re: Kimberley Ann Amero, missing since September 1985.

Did you find anything that says why they think she ran away? Runaways don't always turn out to be runaways.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24914.msg1588885#msg1588885 date=1270606261]
    Did you find anything that says why they think she ran away? Runaways don't always turn out to be runaways.
    [/quote]

I've been digging, and I can't find anything so far.

I don't know why it's so interesting to me... just weird that even as of a couple months ago, her mother was still looking for her. I would think that someone that &quot;knew&quot; something, would have given up a long time ago, and said, &quot;Oh well, she's gone.&quot; But she's still actively looking, so I have a feeling she doesn't know anything.

And yeah, I'm thinking she may have runaway, and got caught in a bad situation of some sort. :/
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24914.msg1588785#msg1588785 date=1270601253]
    http://news.webshots.com/photo/24791...64924833pkxABH
    [/quote]

I don't like the age progression. It was progressed to age 35.&nbsp;
    That picture makes her look WAY older than 35.

I DON'T KNOW ANY OF YOU. BUT,KIM IS MY SISTER AND I DON'T THINK ANY OF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DISCUSS.I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR RUDE COMMENTS ABOUT MY SISTER.&quot;I HEAR YOU SISTER,THE BATTERY REMARK.&quot;
    YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT.
    IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY,&quot;WHICH ON THIS PAGE CAN'T SEE IT.LOOK OT THE NAME&quot;. FINE. BUT OTHER THAN THAT S.T.O.P.
    WE HAVE ENOUGHTO DEAL WITH LET ALONG THIS GARBAGE.
    THE POLICE NOT USED SAID KIM WAS A RUN AWAY NOT US.THAT IS WHY WE AS A FAMILY ARE STILL LOOKING FOR KIM AND WE WILL TILL THE DAY WE DIE..
    MY SISTER-IN-LAW WAS LOOKINH ON LINE AND CAME ACROSS THIS SITE.
    WE AS A FAMILY DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY NEED FOR THIS.
    PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MY SISTER.

I'm lost. What does that say? What rude comments? And wtf is the battery remark about? And how can it be a bad thing to get the information about a missing person to more people?

GETTING THE WORD OUT IS ONE THING BUT WHEN PEOPLE READ THIS PAGE AND MYSELF YOUR QUOTE SEEMS TO BE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING ON BEHALF OF MY SISTER. ALL THE COMMENTS HAVE RUDE QUOTES AND MY SISTER-IN-LAW WAS VERY UPSET.I DON'T WANT TO KEEP GETTING THESE PHONE CALLS. WE HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH. IF YOU'D LIKE TO HELP FIND MY SISTER GO ON HER GROUP ON FACEBOOK OR CHILDFIND AND DO SOME RESEARCH FROM THERE.IF YOUR NOT SPEAKING TO ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OR POLICE THIS IS ALL DRAMA AND GOSSIP AND WE ARE ASKING YOU'S TO STOP.
    THANK YOU

I don't have any power to get anything removed. You'll have to go to the link at the top right and send a message to the admins.

I don't know what rude quotes you're talking about and the only thing I see about a battery on here is on someone's profile. That has nothing to do with this thread. It's just something she chose to put on her profile. It shows up when she posts, no matter what thread. Has nothing to do with your sister.

Olivia

[quote author=tammy raynes link=topic=24914.msg1628171#msg1628171 date=1274314365]
    GETTING THE WORD OUT IS ONE THING BUT WHEN PEOPLE READ THIS PAGE AND MYSELF YOUR QUOTE SEEMS TO BE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING ON BEHALF OF MY SISTER. ALL THE COMMENTS HAVE RUDE QUOTES AND MY SISTER-IN-LAW WAS VERY UPSET.I DON'T WANT TO KEEP GETTING THESE PHONE CALLS. WE HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH. IF YOU'D LIKE TO HELP FIND MY SISTER GO ON HER GROUP ON FACEBOOK OR CHILDFIND AND DO SOME RESEARCH FROM THERE.IF YOUR NOT SPEAKING TO ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OR POLICE THIS IS ALL DRAMA AND GOSSIP AND WE ARE ASKING YOU'S TO STOP.
    THANK YOU
    [/quote]

I think if you actually read what has been written, people were trying to HELP find your sister.&nbsp; Bringing awarenes to her being missing etc.

Did you read it?

Sorry for your loss - I hope you find her.&nbsp; What phone calls are you getting?&nbsp; What do you think happened to her?

Bumping to update.

This poor family. Kim was no runaway & her case has never been investigated. LE have done nothing for this kid & the people who care about her.

Checkout the post below (from a Canadian site).This happened 5 mths after the posts up thread. The sister mentioned ph calls in her posts here, I hope the letter writer wasn't taunting them. Having anything appear online during that time period would've looked really suss to them. No wonder she was so upset when she saw the thread here.

RCMP apathy forces family to dig up possible burial site

This is a story about the lack of effort or interest into Kimberley's case.

This is a story that cries out to be told and gotten out.

Back in 1985,15 year old Kimberley Ann Amero was officially classified as a Runaway.

On Oct. 14th of this year (2010), the family of Kimberley Ann Amero received a(n) anonymous letter and cassette,from a man, detailing the disappearance, containment and subsequent murder of Kimberley, along with sites and locations of her captivity and burial location.

All of that information was given to the Saint John city police and the RCMP.

As far as verifying the locations, names, dates and times, this was done by the family, the RCMP did not even have time to listen to the audio cassette , and even asked Ed Amero, Kimberley's brother, if he could listen to the cassette again and tell them how far in, the person starts giving directions as to where his sister may be buried.

RCMP called in a person from UNB in Fredericton to scan the area and found two areas of interest . Ed was notified of those results on Nov.20. On Nov.23, he was told that digging would start on Thursday, Nov.26th. On that day, the 26th, the family arrived at the site to find no RCMP members there. Travelling to the RCMP detachment in Hampton they were informed that the information given to them on Monday by the detachment acting supervisor was false,the only day that the constable handling Kim's case would be available to investigate further,to dig those 2 areas of interest, was December 4 or 5 maybe provided nothing delayed these dates.( like possible heavy frost!) Officers planned to dig with shovels.

This would put the beginning of the dig into the end of the first week of December barring any delays. So far nothing has been done when they have said it would be. Everything ,so far, has been delayed bringing in the possibility of frost postponing the beginning of the dig until spring thus giving the RCMP a chance to anticipate the need for a bigger operating budget next year.

After considering the handling of Kimberley's case they feel the need to get the answer of whether she may be buried here or not . They feel they have done all of the required investigation of the information received so far and have no choice but to take the grim task of digging the area of Kimberley's supposed burial site.

Ed Amero has meticulously documented the dates and times and lack of effort and loss of evidence along with lack of investigation of these tips given to the police.

This was the third time this person has come forward with this information but it was never followed up until the family received it. It was first given to the Saint John city police in 1996 and filed away with no follow up of any kind, in fact, their only effort was to have the letter typed out and in doing so the secretary that typed it threw the original and the envelope that it came in in the garbage, so the family only has the type written copy. The typed written letter was filed away in Kims missing person's file with no further actions taken, not even a follow up call to the RCMP to see if they received this info also, just filed away!

All of the places , dates , names in the letter and cassette are corroborated exactly as the person has said. The only thing they have not confirmed is where exactly she is buried.
    I can't believe the RCMP response?? They should've been testing everything including the package it came in - instead they tell the family to listen to it for them?

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.p...&topic=3421.15

Tammy Raynes clearly remembers the last few hours she spent with her sister. They were at the annual Atlantic National Exhibition in Saint John.

Tammy, 14, was on court-ordered restriction, so she had to leave Exhibition Park a few hours earlier than her sibling, who was nearly two years older.

Together, they walked to a bus stop and then they parted. Her sister said she was going to stay to watch the fireworks. That was nearly 25 years ago, and Kimberly Ann Amero hasn't been seen since.

"I was the last one who saw her," Raynes says as she sits at a table in Saint John, across from her older brother Ed and sister-in-law, Denise Amero.

Her baby face awash in freckles, Kimberly Ann disappeared on Sept. 3, 1985, two days before her 16th birthday.

At this point, she is presumed dead. What happened to her is a mystery that neither the police nor her family has been able to solve.

"We were best friends," Raynes says. "If she was going to run away, she wouldn't have kept it a secret from me.

"And the way Kim's personality was, if a stranger had grabbed her and tried to pull her into a car, she would have chewed their face off.

"We were street-smart kids."

On Sunday night, Kimberly Amero's siblings and friends will gather at 7 p.m. in King Square and march down King Street to Market Slip, where they will hold a candlelight vigil in Kimberly's memory, and in the memory of all missing children. For two hours, there will be songs and prayers, and a video tribute to Kimberly will be shown.

"I want to bring awareness to all missing children," Tammy Raynes says. "I want the community to realize this does happen in their backyard, and I want parents to realize that it is not always a runaway.

"I want them to pay closer attention to their kids."

For more than two decades, police have investigated the disappearance off and on. Recently, the RCMP and the Saint John Police Force followed new leads and came up empty.

Ed Amero, who has taken up the search himself at times, says both police agencies have told him they consider the case closed, unless new information is uncovered.

Over the years, police have used cadaver dogs and called on forensics experts while trying to find an answer to Kimberly's disappearance. In an attempt to help, some of her family members have provided DNA samples and turned over her dental records. Several sites have been excavated in a search for her remains, including an area described by a man who claimed to have psychic visions. And, in the last six months, at least one individual has been brought in for questioning, but there has been no resolution.

For her family, meanwhile, there is only sadness and desperation.

Ed Amero was 17 when his little sister disappeared and he has been frustrated now for nearly a quarter of a century. From Day One, he says he and family members told police she would have never run away. She was happy and looking forward to her birthday.

He can't help but think that, maybe, if they had acted faster "?

"In 48 hours, you know where somebody could take a kid," he says. "You could be in Newfoundland and Labrador or northern Ontario, far, far away.

"And then it's too late."

Kimberly was five-foot-six, weighed 115 pounds, and had dark blond hair and blue eyes.

On Sunday night, Ed Amero will speak at the candlelight vigil in honour of Kimberly.

Soon, he hopes to set up a fund in her memory to benefit the families of other missing children.

There have been times Amero has braced himself, feeling the police were close to solving the mystery. Each time he has been let down.

He believes that somewhere out there, perhaps still in Saint John, there is someone who was involved in her disappearance.

It breaks his heart, but until her case is concluded, he will keep searching for Kimberly.

Based on a tip, he went to a site in the Upham area last fall and searched for his sister's remains.

"Picture what's it's like to dig a hole, thinking your sister is there," he says. "Every time the pick hit the ground, I thought, 'Please don't let her be here. Or please don't let me hit her bones.'

"It is the worst thing I've ever had to do in my life. It was a nightmare."
    I can't believe families have to do their own investigation, search & recovery. That's just so wrong.

A correction from Ed, the brother, re Tammy's "court ordered curfew" as mentioned in the above article -

Kim is my little sister,and i just recently found this site,i really appreciate all your effort in getting word out about her case. i am also glad to see people feel the same way we do about the way her case has been mishandled.the telegraph journal did a really good story but they made a mistake Tammy was not on a court ordered curfew it was a Momma ordered! curfew,she was grounded and had to come home early. that error has caused her some embarrassment.

There are active fb groups & pages for Kimberley. I hope they shame the RCMP into finally giving this girl & her family the help they should've had 18 years ago.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/123921169834/?refid=17

https://m.facebook.com/MissingKimber...00002939669039
    Last edited by blighted star; 12-28-2013 at 04:23 AM.

wow! total fuck-ups, these police are. i feel so sad for this family. good for them on not giving up the search.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information