Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph McStay (40) was found dead in a desert grave, along with his wife and their two young children

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    What website are you guys looking at? Link? I have a couple FB pages for both families. I had to turn it off of my newsfeed because it was making my brain bleed.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...46#post8212146

If that link works, go back maybe 3-4 thread pages and you can see where they start talking about finding her.

What do you think cat? It must be her!

Someone on websleuths brought up the possibility of an unrelated missing person using Summer's identity to remain in hiding. Not a very bright idea, imo since obviously "Summer Lisa Aranda Martelli" isn't gong to fly under the radar.
    But it's got to be her or someone pretending to be her, there is just too much coincidence with the birth date and uncommon name combination (Lisa and Aranda are relatively common, but Martelli and Summer not so much).
    Most alarming is there is no trace of the little boys, though.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

I also think there is a possibility it is her. I'm thinking they left voluntarily. I think they intentionally left the house to look like they were kidnapped or had to leave in a hurry. I think they left the $100,000 in the bank as a red herring. I think their entire path is a red herring. But, I think they had cash on them. He supposedly made 90K-100K a month and only had one month's salary in the bank? Nah, they had some money stashed. I also think LE knows where they are and why. Do I have anything to back my hunch up? Nope. It's just what I think on all the info I've read. There is just something fishy with the whole family. I don't know what it is, but I know I don't like it.
    P.S. Oliva- I saw your post on one of the McStay FB when someone asked where Patrick is. lulz

I think the 100k a month figure is grossly inflated, I think it's pretty unlikely he was making that much selling crappy water features but I totally agree about all the red herrings (vehicle left by the border, 100k left behind). I think they are alive as well, LE has them listed as missing "voluntarily". I think the family knows this too. I don't think that LE knows of their whereabouts, because they would no longer be on the roster of missing people, voluntary or no.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Pajamas View Post
    I think the 100k a month figure is grossly inflated, I think it's pretty unlikely he was making that much selling crappy water features but I totally agree about all the red herrings (vehicle left by the border, 100k left behind). I think they are alive as well, LE has them listed as missing "voluntarily". I think the family knows this too. I don't think that LE knows of their whereabouts, because they would no longer be on the roster of missing people, voluntary or no.
    Good point.

According to the McStay FB, it's not them in New Mexico

Kathy Morgan Itzel
    Mike just called me and asked me to post this for him as he is busy at work. He spoke with Lt DuGal twice today. The lead has been fully investigated, LE sent to the home in New Mexico, the people living in the home spoken to and it is a non lead. He told Mike that he didn't know where the info that was sent to him came from but it had no validity.

Mike appreciates anyone and everyone who thinks they have a lead calling LE or Crimestoppers. He is very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    According to the McStay FB, it's not them in New Mexico

Kathy Morgan Itzel
    Mike just called me and asked me to post this for him as he is busy at work. He spoke with Lt DuGal twice today. The lead has been fully investigated, LE sent to the home in New Mexico, the people living in the home spoken to and it is a non lead. He told Mike that he didn't know where the info that was sent to him came from but it had no validity.

Mike appreciates anyone and everyone who thinks they have a lead calling LE or Crimestoppers. He is very grateful.
    Maybe it really is them and they asked to "not be found, again." This whole situation doesn't make sense.

Maybe it really is them and they asked to "not be found, again." This whole situation doesn't make sense.
    Could it be some sort of witness relocation thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

It has to be something like that. There have never been any active family-volunteer type searches for this family. You think that shit would fly if it was your son/daughter/brother/sister/grandchildren/father? No way.

I agree with CP. There is more to this story than the public will ever know. I think they went missing on purpose and everything we know about this story is a red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Could it be some sort of witness relocation thing?
    Like Cat said, it wouldn't be something law enforcement was putting on blast, then. They would have quietly been told to shut the fuck up by the FBI.

My guess is these people fucked with the wrong criminals and busted out of the country to protect themselves.

This case is so fucking weird.

A blogger claims to have captured this photo of someone who looks like Joseph McStay in the ocean in NJ recently.

http://joebrainardspajamas.blogspot....ph-mcstay.html

Here is a photo of the real Joseph McStay

Now there is a slinging match going on between the blogger and various McStay FB groups, saying that he photoshopped the photo etc.

http://joebrainardspajamas.blogspot....ow-i-know.html

I've been reading the McStay FB pages. I had to turn off the notifications months ago though. Patrick McStay is a piece of work. I think it's funny that people are calling him out on his douchebaggeryness. I don't think the pic is on Joey. I would think if he is trying to hide, he would do something with his appearance to change so he wouldn't get noticed. The people on Patrick's FB page are insane.

I've been reading the McStay FB pages. I had to turn off the notifications months ago though. Patrick McStay is a piece of work. I think it's funny that people are calling him out on his douchebaggeryness. I don't think the pic is on Joey. I would think if he is trying to hide, he would do something with his appearance to change so he wouldn't get noticed. The people on Patrick's FB page are insane.
    Here is what I think is funny. When it first came out, both Patrick and Michael (the brother) said they were positive the pic wasn't Joey. But then Patrick has done a backflip and is saying that the photo is Joey but it was photoshopped. So which is it?

This case is so fucking weird.

A blogger claims to have captured this photo of someone who looks like Joseph McStay in the ocean in NJ recently.

http://joebrainardspajamas.blogspot....ph-mcstay.html

Here is a photo of the real Joseph McStay

Now there is a slinging match going on between the blogger and various McStay FB groups, saying that he photoshopped the photo etc.

http://joebrainardspajamas.blogspot....ow-i-know.html
    If you look really hard you could make out the loch ness monster in the back round too. As for the Intellius thing, is there any way to be be sure that the information could have only come from recent activity or could it be from a paper trail Summer could have left sometime before her disappearance?

Here is what I think is funny. When it first came out, both Patrick and Michael (the brother) said they were positive the pic wasn't Joey. But then Patrick has done a backflip and is saying that the photo is Joey but it was photoshopped. So which is it?
    Oh, I know. Patrick is such an ass. He told one poster that JM is HIS kid and he would know if it is his kid or not and complete strangers can't tell if the pic(s) are HIS family. Something along those lines. I think Patrick knows where the family is.

Oh, I know. Patrick is such an ass. He told one poster that JM is HIS kid and he would know if it is his kid or not and complete strangers can't tell if the pic(s) are HIS family. Something along those lines. I think Patrick knows where the family is.
    I think Michael does too. Patrick gets so defensive anytime anyone asks him a question on FB. It's like 'So Patrick, how was your day?'

WHY WOULDN'T MY DAY BE GOOD? ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT I KILLED MY FAMILY AND NOW FEEL GUILT AND THAT'S WHY MY DAY WAS BAD? HOW DARE YOU! DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN OR I WILL PASS YOUR EMAIL TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.

I think Michael does too. Patrick gets so defensive anytime anyone asks him a question on FB. It's like 'So Patrick, how was your day?'

WHY WOULDN'T MY DAY BE GOOD? ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT I KILLED MY FAMILY AND NOW FEEL GUILT AND THAT'S WHY MY DAY WAS BAD? HOW DARE YOU! DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN OR I WILL PASS YOUR EMAIL TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Seriously! He's a gem. You're right. Micheal probably knows too. He just isn't as crazy as his dad.

Mystery of the family that vanished off the face of the earth three years ago this week: Plea for clues as author claims wife murdered husband and fled with children

No firm leads have been found in the case of the McStay family, who disappeared nearly three years ago and left their idyllic California home in what appeared to be the middle of a normal morning.

Instead, writer Rick Baker says that mother Summer McStay murdered her husband Joseph and ran away with their two children Gianni, then 4-years-old, and Joseph Jr, then 3-years-old.

The family's story has stumped investigators ever since they seemingly vanished from their San Diego home on February 4, 2010.

Police were baffled from the beginning, ever since they found a carton of eggs on the counter, two bowls of popcorn on the futon and two dogs in the backyard were all they left behind, clues that this was a family who left in a hurry.

Inside their two-story house detectives found no sign of foul play, just evidence of everyday life.

Mr Baker, however, has spent much of the last three years following the case and evidence that he found in hundreds of text messages and emails reportedly leading him to believe that the seemingly-loving wife was living somewhat of a double life.

He said that the emails depict her as 'someone who was very unhappy not just with her own personal life but with Joseph as well and Joseph's extended family. Just not a very nice person.'

'Maybe we can find Summer, and if she did kill Joseph or had him killed, I want to see her fry.'

Much of the investigation lost its steam when, four days after they disappeared, their white Isuzu trooper was found parked at a San Diego shopping mall not far from the U.S./Mexico border and 60 miles from their home.

Later, investigators said a forensic probe of the family's computer revealed that someone had conducted searches on January 28 regarding passport requirements for travel into Mexico.

Grainy surveillance footage from the evening their car was found shows two adults and two children walking across the border.

Mr Baker, who is promoting a book about the case called No Goodbyes: The Mysterious Disappearance of the McStay Family, believes that they never left the country.

'I don't think they ever crossed the border, I don't think law enforcement thinks that they crossed the border,' Mr Baker said.

Police initially disagreed, as detective Troy DuGal said that there is a '75 per cent chance it's them'.

Joseph McStay's relatives have played an active role in keeping the spotlight on the case even as time rolls by, maintaining a website in their honor.

Though they also refute the police theory that lands the family in Mexico- Joseph's younger brother Michael said: 'It's just not like them to walk out on a business, a family, a home'- that does not mean that they support Mr Baker at all.

'Baker has no proof to back up his claims and is sensationalizing to sell books,' Michael McStay said to local California station News10.

Detective DuGal said there was a '75 per cent chance' it was them.

But Joseph's younger brother Michael said: 'It's just not like them to walk out on a business, a family, a home.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-children.html
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

I kind of forgot about this story. I need to check the FB pages and see what kind of crazy is on there.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Never mind responsible journalism.. what an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Never mind responsible journalism.. what an asshole.
    ? Huh?

I'm confused by the grainy footage being only a 75% match, I mean, do they think someone went so far as to cast midgets to play the children to fool authorities?

I think it is shitty of this guy to accuse the mother of murder and abduction when there isn't even a small amount of proof that is what happened. If he wants to write a book about a woman who lived a double life, staged her families disappearance, killed her husband and fled with the kids he is more than able to. He really doesn't have to pin his fucked view on this family without substantial evidence.

But the journalism wasn't irresponsible, it was just reporting on the book, and included the contradicting argument, so it's not presented as if this guy is irrefutable.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    But the journalism wasn't irresponsible, it was just reporting on the book, and included the contradicting argument, so it's not presented as if this guy is irrefutable.
    Fair enough, although I detest even the attention this dude gets. If it were me I would choose not to cover the story about the shitty christian writer who wants to start pointing fingers, claiming to solve the mystery.

This guy is a loser.

http://rickgbaker.tateauthor.com/

Thread Information