Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph McStay (40) was found dead in a desert grave, along with his wife and their two young children

Olivia

Re: McStay Family - entire family missing since 4 February 2010

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24898.msg1588781#msg1588781 date=1270601138]
    I read that somewhere and they don't know where they were. Is there a reason to not take your car into Mexico? Is it easier if you walk in?
    [/quote]

Apparently auto insurance doesn't cover your car in Mexico but you can purchase it for however long you are going to be there from little shops near the border.  They said it would be easier to walk in if you weren't planning to go for a long time - like if you were just going shopping or for the day?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24898.msg1588812#msg1588812 date=1270602202]

Apparently auto insurance doesn't cover your car in Mexico but you can purchase it for however long you are going to be there from little shops near the border.  They said it would be easier to walk in if you weren't planning to go for a long time - like if you were just going shopping or for the day?
    [/quote]

I had no idea auto insurance didn't cover in Mexico. Do they tell you that at the border I wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Olivia

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24898.msg1588816#msg1588816 date=1270602476]
    I had no idea auto insurance didn't cover in Mexico. Do they tell you that at the border I wonder?
    [/quote]

I only know because I read it on websleuths  :lol:

http://www.quoteclickinsure.com/car-insurance/8/mexico-car-insurance.html

My family and I are planning a trip to Mexico. Does my car insurance policy provide coverage when we drive a car in Mexico?

In a nutshell, no.

Here's why: The unendorsed personal auto policy defines covered territory as the United States, its territories or possessions, Puerto Rico or Canada. Mexico is not listed in the covered territories so there is NO COVERAGE if you cross the border into Mexico.

I heard about a Mexico coverage endorsement. Is that what I need?

There is an auto policy endorsement that can provide limited coverage when driving your car in Mexico. The Limited Mexico Coverage endorsement has several major limitations:

Any auto accident must occur within 25 miles of the U.S. border
    Your trip must be 10 days or less
    There is no physical damage coverage (comprehensive or collision) if your repairs will be made in Mexico unless you cannot drive your car back to the U.S. for repair
    If your car is a total loss, you will not be paid any more than actual cash value as determined in the U.S.
    The insurance company will only defend you in a lawsuit if that lawsuit is file in the U.S. and the suit does not involve a Mexican citizen.
    Coverage only applies if there is primary Mexican insurance. Therefore, this endorsement only provides excess coverage.
    If you are a citizen or resident of Mexico, coverage will not apply to you. There is coverage for physical damage if your vehicle is damaged while being driven by a Mexican citizen or resident, however.

I suppose there are signs or something. I would have had no idea that was the case. Glad I didn't go to Mexico.  :lol:

If they were running away, though, it doesn't seem like they would have cared about that.

ETA Unless it's required and they had to buy it and didn't have the money or didn't want to leave the paper trail/deal with the fake name crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

WOW. I'm marking this one. Seems to me like the family was hiding something and needed to run fast. I hope they are able to find out what happened, I'm very curious.

Alot of people disappear in Mexico, but I don't think I've heard of it happening to entire family.

It's strange that she would leave behind prescription glasses she needed unless she had a spare or recently got new ones.  I would HAVE to have my glasses.  I can't see without them and it would drive me nuts.  Not to mention I'd have massive headaches without them as well. 

Her ex didn't know her real name, but I wonder if her family has any information on why she has so many alias's. 

The kids may not need passports, but don't the parents? (I'm not sure what the law is now, the one time I went to Mexico you didn't need a passport but I know the law has been changed since then)  Wouldn't they have a record of that?  I would think if they have a video they think is them, they could narrow down the time and look at the records. 

So many weird things in this case... I hope we get some answers!

April 2, 2010
    [size=11pt]Possible sighting of missing California family?[/size]

Gabriel Falcon
    AC360° Writer

Possible sightings in Mexico of a missing California family have been reported to a relative's web site.

According to an update on www.mcstayfamily.com, the potential sightings were received on Thursday and the information was forwarded to authorities.

In related news, the FBI has now reportedly joined in the search for Joseph and Summer McStay, and their children, Gianni, 4, and Joseph, 3. They have not been seen or heard from since February 4.

Police said the family's two dogs were left in the McStay's San Diego area home unattended and without food and water.

Their abandoned SUV was found blocks from the San Ysidro checkpoint on February 8, the San Diego Sheriff's Department said.

They also believe four individuals who appeared on security tape walking across the border on that same day are the Mcstays.

In addition, officials this week revealed that travel inquiries to Mexico, including questions about passports for children, were made from a computer in the Mcstay home days before the family vanished.

"I've been in this business for over 35 years but never seen anything like this," Lt. Dennis Brugos of the San Diego Sheriff's Department told CNN.

"This whole thing doesn't add up," Michael McStay, the brother of Joseph McStay, said in a phone interview. "If they left, I don't need to know why. The bottom line is, I need to make sure they are OK."

Michael McStay, who created the Mcstay Family web site, plans on conducting his own search in San Ysidro this weekend.

"In light of the new information from the SD Sheriff's Dept, I am coordinating another flyer distribution down at the border crossing this Saturday April 3rd 10  a.m., he said."

He is asking volunteers to meet him in the parking lot near the Sunrise Buffet and Bancomer Bank where the Isuzu Trooper was towed. The address is 4498 Camino de la Plaza.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the McStay family is urged to contact Sgt. Dave Martinez of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department at 858-565-5200. Anonymous calls can be made to 888-580-8477.

For more crime coverage go to cnn.com/crime.

Well, the update makes me feel a little better anyway. At least it appears that they planned this, and it wasn't foul play.

Let's hope so anyway.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

As far as the name changes go, one of my close friend has been married four times, changed her surname with each marriage, resumed her maiden name after each divorce, then changed it again, plus she's had a longterm nickname that she's used on everything except legal docunents for decades, and recently legally changed her first name to that nickname.&nbsp; It's a lot easier in this society for women to go through a whole slew of names (of course it also makes it easier to do it without seeming suspicious).&nbsp; Too complicated for me... I kept my maiden name (and somewhat to my surprise, the same husband too, all these years!)&nbsp; If Joseph had racked up all those name changes, I'd be more suspicious. I HOPE they did decide to take off and are still alive.&nbsp; But I thought I'd read that they didn't speak Spanish, which makes the idea of walking into Mexico with two small children to start a new life more problematic.

[quote author=spiderlily link=topic=24898.msg1590993#msg1590993 date=1270781920]
    As far as the name changes go, one of my close friend has been married four times, changed her surname with each marriage, resumed her maiden name after each divorce, then changed it again, plus she's had a longterm nickname that she's used on everything except legal docunents for decades, and recently legally changed her first name to that nickname.&nbsp; It's a lot easier in this society for women to go through a whole slew of names (of course it also makes it easier to do it without seeming suspicious).&nbsp; Too complicated for me... I kept my maiden name (and somewhat to my surprise, the same husband too, all these years!)&nbsp; If Joseph had racked up all those name changes, I'd be more suspicious. I HOPE they did decide to take off and are still alive.&nbsp; But I thought I'd read that they didn't speak Spanish, which makes the idea of walking into Mexico with two small children to start a new life more problematic.
    [/quote]

Very true on the name changes for women.&nbsp; I've been married 3 times&nbsp; :2embarrassed: and it is fairly easy to change your name although can be confusing at times!&nbsp; lol.&nbsp; I also read that they were not fluent in spanish ( I don't think it said they don't speak it at all although I could be wrong), but a lot of people in Mexico (and other countries for that matter) do speak English so it's not that difficult to communicate. Especially if they stick closer to the border.&nbsp; I also hope that they left on their own and are ok.&nbsp; I hope they call their family though and let them know they are ok if that is the case.&nbsp; I can't imagine what it must be like to not know what happened to your family members. :2sad:

Olivia

Possible sightings of the McStay family in Mérida and Barra Navidad, Mexico, have been reported, according to the McStay family Web site.

Joseph McStay, his wife Summer and two children went missing abruptly on Feb. 4. Since then, no traces of phone calls have been found or evidence of foul play. Four days later on Feb. 8, the family’s Izuzu Trooper was found in San Ysidro, next to the Mexican border. After authorities scanned the computer of the family, the history of their internet browser showed that someone was seeking to find a way into Mexico without visas. Since their disappearance, the FBI, aerial drones and a large distribution of fliers have all aided in the search.

Michael McStay, Joseph’s brother, also maintains there is promising evidence of the family’s whereabouts. “Two sightings occurred in Merida and Barra Navidad,” he said. “Joey owns property in Merida and he wouldn’t take off without telling us.”

Last week, Michael McStay was handing out fliers on the border in hopes of finding someone who might have seen the family. “While I was on the border a Mexican police officer from Tijuana walked up to me,” he said. “I grabbed the person closest to me to interpret what the officer was saying. According to the translator this is the first time the officer heard of the investigation.”

Michael McStay is also convinced that authorities have not done their best to find the family. “One of my questions was that if someone did a search on the PC, did they look for a specific destination,” he said. “The detective simply said ‘no’ and I’m not convinced. Truthfully I should be able to know this information.”

Michael McStay will travel with the FBI to Mexico this week.

Visit www.mcstayfamily.org for more information.

WTF?&nbsp; WHY DID THEY NOT MENTION HE OWNED PROPERTY THERE BEFORE?

There are many other strange details coming up with this family, like the neighbors surveilance cameras worked the day they disapeared, but then was broken until the day they were reported missing?&nbsp; Also, she was in the middle of painting her kitchen.&nbsp; That is not a project you start on if you plan on leaving?&nbsp; So much to speculate about I guess.&nbsp; I just hope that little family will be safe.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

sounds to me like a family that wanted to start over.&nbsp; it could be also just that there was some shady dealings bussiness-wise or trying to escape debt by leaving it all behind.

there's a guy who owned a coffee chain outfit here and one day the cops found his pickup down an embankment partially in the river, the deposits from the cofee shops were in the cab, minus the cash.&nbsp; everyone was concerned thinking he was dead.
    come to find out he was in legal shit with his parents over the coffee shop bussiness.&nbsp; they found him in mexico and he had changed his name.&nbsp; all the authorities could do was inform his wife here that he was just in mexico and alive.
    fucked up shit right there.&nbsp;

Kind of off topic but when I was reading through the comments I had to roll my eyes about how one faimily gets more publicity and help from the news/police, over others. I live 20 minutes from the border of Mexico and I haven't heard anything, about either family until I came on here. Sooo creepy to have a entire family up and vanish without a trace. :2huh: Anyway.. back to what was on my mind I was just reading all the &quot;white woman syndrome&quot; crime stories about how those who &quot;look better looking&quot;, tend to get more news coverage, or whatever. Interesting to say the least. /endrandomrantthatnoonewillnotice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

:roll:

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

i just keep thinking...they McLeft.&nbsp; they McRan-away.&nbsp; :| :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=amizlude link=topic=24898.msg1591103#msg1591103 date=1270798100]
    Kind of off topic but when I was reading through the comments I had to roll my eyes about how one faimily gets more publicity and help from the news/police, over others. I live 20 minutes from the border of Mexico and I haven't heard anything, about either family until I came on here. Sooo creepy to have a entire family up and vanish without a trace. :2huh: Anyway.. back to what was on my mind I was just reading all the &quot;white woman syndrome&quot; crime stories about how those who &quot;look better looking&quot;, tend to get more news coverage, or whatever. Interesting to say the least. /endrandomrantthatnoonewillnotice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome
    [/quote]

No, that's actually completely on topic, and I think you're an idiot.
    She was just saying that it's strange how two families have gone completely missing, and only one is really being thrown on the media, and examined... I have yet to see news coverage about the family from Oklahoma, even though the circumstances around them disappearing, seemed a little strange. But this family (McStay's) are on news pages everywhere, and they probably just ran off to start another life, from what the evidence shows! So, I agree with her... now stfu and quit being rude.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24898.msg1591359#msg1591359 date=1270830433]
    [/quote]

:lol: You're a goofball.

But yeah, I'm about 99% sure that they got into something, and wanted/needed to start over, so they went to Mexico. I'm almost positive that's what happened.

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24898.msg1591385#msg1591385 date=1270832682]
    No, that's actually completely on topic, and I think you're an idiot.
    She was just saying that it's strange how two families have gone completely missing, and only one is really being thrown on the media, and examined... I have yet to see news coverage about the family from Oklahoma, even though the circumstances around them disappearing, seemed a little strange. But this family (McStay's) are on news pages everywhere, and they probably just ran off to start another life, from what the evidence shows! So, I agree with her... now stfu and quit being rude.
    [/quote]

Well, rawr!&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24898.msg1591359#msg1591359 date=1270830433]
    [/quote]

Also, I agree.&nbsp;

Here, I'll do it for you guys.

Now, back to the McStay/Left/Going/Ran family.

:-)

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24898.msg1591397#msg1591397 date=1270833125]
    Here, I'll do it for you guys.

Now, back to the McStay/Left/Going/Ran family.

:-)
    [/quote]

Yes, they seem like they left of their own free will. The other family, not so much.

The mcstayfamily.org website is gone? Whats that about?

[quote author=egordo46 link=topic=24898.msg1591406#msg1591406 date=1270833801]
    [/quote]

Wow. That's the first I have heard that. Strange.

I wonder if we will find out new info soon?

Yeah, they said yesterday that the dude had some land in Mexico or something. So, they went out there and checked it out, and they found them.

Willing to bet money that's what happened.

[quote author=egordo46 link=topic=24898.msg1591406#msg1591406 date=1270833801]
    [/quote]

http://www.mcstayfamily.com/

Thread Information