Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph McStay (40) was found dead in a desert grave, along with his wife and their two young children

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I didn't want to copy/paste the whole article. Here's the summary

Joseph McStay was suffering from a mystery illness in the months before him and his family suddenly went missing from their Californian home
    Doctors could not diagnose the baffling condition so friends started to suggest ?fiery? wife Summer could be poisoning him
    Explosive new book written by close confidante Chase Merritt reveals Joseph told him he would stop eating his wife?s food and start eating out
    Tell all memoir ?Afraid of the Light? will also detail how the couple?s relationship was in trouble and they hadn?t had sex for a year
    Merritt hopes the home truths will help unravel the mystery that led to the deaths of Joseph, Summer and their two sons Gianni and Joseph Jr

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2pSSJm9Ja
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    That still doesn't explain how the whole family ended up buried in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    That still doesn't explain how the whole family ended up buried in the desert.
    right... what has this to do with anything? not that i don't enjoy reading about it, but how would this help? she's dead too.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Gram Parsons View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. In a desert environment, it would be possible to dig the grave and climb in prior to killing yourself. The elements would bury the bodies.
    I would watch this movie.
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell...Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by noshame View Post
    I would watch this movie.
    Most definitely would be a comedy, a far fetched one at that.

Kind of like shooting yourself more than once in order to suicide. Righhht.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Interesting article about Dan Kavanaugh -

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24277118/m...-dan-kavanaugh

Super long so I won't post it all. This is what he says about the transactions he made from Joseph McStay's account just after he went missing:

He said he was working with Joseph's brother, Michael McStay, and Joseph's mother, Susan Blake, at the time the withdrawals were made.

"I actually transferred it (the money) to myself with Mike's knowledge," he said. "None of that money went to me. That money went to vendors, welders and manufacturers."

Rick Baker's blog is back and he is predicting Mike McStay will be arrested by August -

http://rickgbaker.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Rick Baker's blog is back and he is predicting Mike McStay will be arrested by August -

By the law of averages, he has to get something right eventually.

Just keep churning those theories out blogboy.

I've been on Baker's blog again. And there are some interesting actual facts on there. Over 70k has been taken from the mcstay bank accounts since they went missing.

Also, if anyone is into this type of stuff, here is an interesting astrology page re the McStays

http://astrologyincrime.com/avachat/mcstay-charts/

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

http://stoprickbaker.blogspot.com/

Update promised on the case today: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/07/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

So they arrested Charles Merritt, McStay's former business partner for the family's murder.

I haven't followed this case that closely- was this guy on anyone's radar? He was interviewed on CNN awhile back apparently, they are replaying parts of the interview today.
    Last edited by *crickets*; 11-07-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    So they arrested Charles Merritt, McStay's former business partner for the family's murder.

I haven't followed this case that closely- was this guy on anyone's radar? He was interviewed on CNN awhile back apparently, they are replaying parts of the interview today.

Chase Merritt? wow.

Yeah he was definitely on the radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I bet Rick Baker is shitting his pants over this.

I guess this means Mike McStay is off the hook?

And to answer your question more thoroughly, Crickets, I believe Chase is who Joey had lunch with earlier in the day before they disappeared, and Joey had also been on and off the phone with Chase for hours that afternoon.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...107-story.html

Business partner arrested in death of McStay family found buried in desert

Authorities on Friday announced that they have arrested a 57-year-old business partner on suspicion of murder in the deaths of Joseph McStay and his family, whose remains were found in shallows graves last year on the edge of the desert in Victorville.

At a news conference hosted by the San Bernardino County district attorney and the Sheriff?s Department, authorities said Charles "Chase" Merritt had been arrested on suspicion of killing Joseph and Summer McStay and their two young boys

The cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma. Investigators said they believe the killings took place at the family's home in Fallbrook in San Diego County, but did not release a motive.

Merrit was arrested Wednesday and will be eligible for the death penalty, Dist. Atty. Mike Ramos said.

"I don't need to tell you this is a cold and callous murder on an entire family," Ramos said.

The McStays disappeared without a trace in 2010, their car found abandoned in the parking lot of a mini-mall near the Mexican border.

In November 2013, investigators identified the remains of four people found in two desert graves as those of Joseph and Summer McStay and their two boys, Joseph Jr. and Gianni. At the time the family went missing, Joseph Jr. was 3 and Gianni was 4.

The family's remains were found by a motorcyclist riding through a remote area off the 15 Freeway outside Victorville.

It was a tragic end to what had been long-running missing persons case that befuddled investigators and family.

Investigators, alerted by concerned relatives, found no sign of a struggle in the McStay's Fallbrook home after they were reported missing in February 2010.

Neighbors said they hadn't seen them for days and started feeding the family's dogs.

Investigators said at the time that the family's life appeared normal and then one day they simply vanished.

The case was initially handled by San Diego County sheriff's officials, but the investigation is now being led by the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    My question is just like anyone else's I'm sure...how the fuck do you bring yourself to kill an entire family and bury them in the desert? The entire family!

These are the cases for which the DP was created.

I just really hate that we don't have a "smoking gun" in this case.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

HAHAHA i WIN I SAID IT WAS THE BUSINESS PARTNER AND EVERYONE ELSE SAID BROTHER I WIIIIIN.

Now I understand how greens feels.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    HAHAHA i WIN I SAID IT WAS THE BUSINESS PARTNER AND EVERYONE ELSE SAID BROTHER I WIIIIIN.

You see how frustrating it is to know exactly what is up and have everyone nay say?! And a simple, "You were right, greens" womp womp would totally be acceptable, BUT NO.

You were right, dude. YOU WERE RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I never thought it was the brother, but I never really thought it was Chase, either, for some reason. I was leaning more toward the computer guy ... Dan, I think his name is.

And it's interesting that the COD was blunt force trauma, because I kinda assumed they were all shot.

Maybe he acted like he was going to surprise the family somehow and lured them blindfolded..

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i dunno... the statement does indicate a knowledge of 3 graves - even though they were found in 2, there were 3 graves dug.

although i honestly don't see any kind of motive from his brother though. i am way more interested in the fact that merritt lives 15 minutes away from where they were found, and apparently dan k. was taking money out of the mcstay's accounts before anyone even reported them missing.

duuuude. me too. the minute i heard that he lives up here, i figured it was him. you wouldn't bring a family and bury them here unless you were familiar with the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I wonder if he had an accomplice? I mean, to kill 4 people by blunt force trauma (not a gun) is possible, but he killed them at their house, took their bodies to the desert, and dug graves for them and buried them, all by himself? AND managed to clean up enough at the crime scene that it looked to police as though the family had just up and left?

Sounds weird to me...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I dunno. Carrying a dead kid isn't really that complicated or difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I wonder if he had an accomplice? I mean, to kill 4 people by blunt force trauma (not a gun) is possible, but he killed them at their house, took their bodies to the desert, and dug graves for them and buried them, all by himself? AND managed to clean up enough at the crime scene that it looked to police as though the family had just up and left?

Sounds weird to me...
    If I remember correctly, the house had no evidence. It looked as if they had seemingly just walked off in the middle of every day living.

He must have lured them, I assume they were blindfolded because what mother and father would let anything happen to themselves and their children? They had to be tricked.

Can't blunt force trauma still mean a gunshot? I'm not surprised it was him but I am surprised he acted alone. And lol @ rick baker.

Thread Information