Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph McStay (40) was found dead in a desert grave, along with his wife and their two young children

Olivia

Joseph McStay (40) was found dead in a desert grave, along with his wife and their two young children

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2013...young_children

I don't think I have seen a thread on this?  Very strange

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...94-504083.html

Joseph and Summer McStay, missing since Feb. 4 along with their two children, may have planned to travel to Mexico according to the San Diego Sheriff's Department.

Homicide Lt. Dennis Brugos says investigators found e-mails indicating Joseph and Summer McStay were asking about entry into Mexico, and about passport information for young children shortly before they disappeared.

Joseph and Summer McStay, along with their two boys - four-year-old Gianni and three-year-old Joey - were last seen February 4. Four days later their car was found abandoned in San Ysidro. Family members have said it was completely out of character for the family to disappear without telling anyone where they were going.

Relatives also said it was out of character for the family to leave their house the way it was found by Joseph McStay's brother, with the dogs left outside without food or water and rotting food in the kitchen.

San Diego County sheriff's investigators announced March 5 that they found surveillance video that may have captured images of the McStay family crossing the U.S.-Mexico border into Tijuana on foot Feb. 8.

Authorities say they are stumped by the disappearance of a family that had no apparent financial or marital problems and no known enemies or connections to drugs or crime.

Relatives say people would be able to identify the McStay's 4-year-old son, Joseph, because he has a raspberry-size birthmark on his forehead, he is 2'9" with brown eyes and brown hair. Joseph and Summer are described as being 5'9" and 5'5", respectively, with brown eyes and brown hair. The oldest son, Gianni, is 3' with brown eyes and brown hair.

If you have information on the case, call Sgt. Dave Martinez at 858-565-5200.
    Last edited by Olivia; 11-15-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Olivia

Re: McStay Family - entire family missing since 4 February 2010

-picture of them apparently entering Mexico

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100403100625kays.nb/topstory.html - interesting but long article.  Summer McStay apparently changed her name days before they disappeared.

http://www.mcstayfamily.com/

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

are you sure?  i thought there was a thread on this.  or maybe i'm a tard.  :oops: :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Olivia

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24898.msg1587846#msg1587846 date=1270526517]
    are you sure?  i thought there was a thread on this.  or maybe i'm a tard.  :oops: :lol:
    [/quote]

There's the thread about the Oklahoma family?  http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=22955.0

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24898.msg1587851#msg1587851 date=1270526736]
    There's the thread about the Oklahoma family?  http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=22955.0
    [/quote]

yeah, i was just looking at that.  maybe thats what i was thinking of.  or maybe i thought there was a thread because i read a story about them a few days ago.

anyway, ugh.  its totally weird.  according to what i've read, they're not positive that its them on the video, they just think it might be.  it really seems like they just took off on their own.  i wonder why.  :|

pics of the family.

* wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24898.msg1587844#msg1587844 date=1270526423]
    -picture of them apparently entering Mexico

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100403100625kays.nb/topstory.html - interesting but long article.  Summer McStay apparently changed her name days before they disappeared.

http://www.mcstayfamily.com/

[/quote]

Fucking weird.  What's your theory Olivia? 

Olivia

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=24898.msg1587885#msg1587885 date=1270528148]
    Fucking weird.  What's your theory Olivia? 
    [/quote]

I am still getting one together.  I just don't know!  The family can't confirm that it's the missing family in the video as it's too blurry.  It could go either way - if it is them on the video, maybe they just took off into Mexico to start again?  I do think it's weird though that they left everything behind, especially their dogs.  Maybe they figured the dogs would be okay because it wouldn't take long til someone figured out they were missing and took care of them?

Olivia

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12025015

There's still no sign of a family from Fallbrook that has been missing for almost two weeks.

Joseph and Summer McStay were last seen with their two kids earlier this month. Investigators found their car at the border. So far, there haven't been any solid leads.

In the meantime, Summer's family searched the McStays' home over the weekend trying to turn up clues.

A video of the McStays, along with dozens of photos have been posted on a new web site, with the hope that someone will see it and come forward with information to help locate the missing Fallbrook family.

"I can't imagine where they are... I have no ideas. Where they would go?" Summer's mother Blanche Aranda said.

Aranda says it doesn't make sense that her daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons vanished without a trace.

"They were just a loving family. She was a wonderful mother to her children," Aranda said.

Joseph and Summer McStay, along with their two boys -- four-year-old Gianni and three-year-old Joey -- were last seen February 4. Four days later their car was found abandoned in San Ysidro.

"I don't understand why it was there. I know she didn't like Mexico," Aranda said.

Summer's family had a chance to go through the family's Fallbrook home over the weekend and says there were no obvious signs of a struggle, but there were signs that Summer had no plans to be gone long. The kitchen had obviously just been filled with groceries, the dogs were left outside with no food and Summer's prescription sunglasses were sitting on a counter.

"She would have taken them because she can't see without her glasses," Aranda said.

Family and friends say they can't think of any reason someone would want to hurt the McStays.

Sheriff's investigators say they still have no solid leads to go on, forcing detectives to take a closer look at the couple and everyone they know.

Summer McStay's actual birth name is Virginia Lisa Aranda. A review of public records shows the 43-year-old mother also uses the names Summer Martelli, Summer Aranda-Martelli, Lisa Aranda, Lisa Martelli and Lisa Aranda-Martelli.

Her first husband told News 8 he always knew her as Lisa until their divorce in 1994.

News 8 has also learned that detectives are taking a close look at Joseph McStay's business relationships.

Family members say McStay's business partner is a metal worker and welder named Chase Merritt, whose birth name is Charles Ray Merritt, age 52.

Merritt is an ex-con according to court records, who also was one of the first persons to notice the McStay's were missing.
    Department of Corrections records show Merritt served time in prison for a burglary conviction in 1978. He was then sent back to prison in 1987 for receiving stolen property, according to State records.

An acquaintance who knew Merritt in the 1980s told News 8 he has a checkered past.

"I think police should look at him and anyone associated with him," the female acquaintance said. She asked not to be identified.

Reached by cell phone Monday, Merritt declined to discuss his criminal past and told News 8, "I would just prefer to have no comment to any press right now. We want to find Joseph."

Sheriff's officials say Merritt is one of several people they are speaking with and at this time he has not been named as a suspect in the case.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24898.msg1587901#msg1587901 date=1270528569]

Summer McStay's actual birth name is Virginia Lisa Aranda. A review of public records shows the 43-year-old mother also uses the names Summer Martelli, Summer Aranda-Martelli, Lisa Aranda, Lisa Martelli and Lisa Aranda-Martelli.

[/quote]

thats kinda shady. 

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24898.msg1587892#msg1587892 date=1270528354]
    I am still getting one together.  I just don't know!  The family can't confirm that it's the missing family in the video as it's too blurry.  It could go either way - if it is them on the video, maybe they just took off into Mexico to start again?  I do think it's weird though that they left everything behind, especially their dogs.  Maybe they figured the dogs would be okay because it wouldn't take long til someone figured out they were missing and took care of them?

[/quote]

His business partner seems shady as hell, I wonder what will turn up about him during the investigation.  I really hope that's them in the video.  I kind of hate myself for thinking that old guy's theory is actually a pretty damn good one.  :lol:

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24898.msg1587912#msg1587912 date=1270528757]
    thats kinda shady. 
    [/quote]

right?  how many names does the average person need?  :lol:

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=24898.msg1587919#msg1587919 date=1270528867]
    right?  how many names does the average person need?   :lol:
    [/quote]

for real.  wtf?  :2huh:  when someone has *aliases*, yeah...no good.  :lol:

Marking mostly, but having many names is a red flag to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Has this been on the news where anyone else is?

It's been all over it here. I was just wondering if it's because I'm near California.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=24898.msg1588062#msg1588062 date=1270533959]
    Has this been on the news where anyone else is?

It's been all over it here. I was just wondering if it's because I'm near California.
    [/quote]

I haven't heard about it, but I've been in a self imposed news blackout since about 2002.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24898.msg1588066#msg1588066 date=1270534071]
    I haven't heard about it, but I've been in a self imposed news blackout since about 2002.
    [/quote]

I get most of my news here. People post shit as soon as they hear it, and it's usually really accurate.

That's what's been pissing me off. NO coverage about the OK family, but this is on full blast. Maybe I am too far from OK.
    I still thought the details of the OK family warranted more coverage than I have see.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=24898.msg1588072#msg1588072 date=1270534241]
    I get most of my news here. People post shit as soon as they hear it, and it's usually really accurate.

That's what's been pissing me off. NO coverage about the OK family, but this is on full blast. Maybe I am too far from OK.
    I still thought the details of the OK family warranted more coverage than I have see.
    [/quote]

They may not be as rich or pretty.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24898.msg1588076#msg1588076 date=1270534329]
    They may not be as rich or pretty.
    [/quote]

That's exactly what I thought.

They had a fortune in that truck, though.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24898.msg1587901#msg1587901 date=1270528569]
    http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12025015

Her first husband told News 8 he always knew her as Lisa until their divorce in 1994.

[/quote]

Sounds like Virginia/Summer/Lisa/et al might have some previous experience in the "disappearing" department what with all those aliases.  Maybe someone from her past tracked her down and there was no time to do a lot of planning and going deep into Mexico seemed like the most viable opportunity to flee. 

I'm thinking the mother (Summer, Lisa, whatever) has something to hide. Why else can she explain her ex husband not knowing her real name? Maybe some things happened in her past, that she's never told anyone about, and things are starting to catch up with her, so she changed her name again, and had to get the fuck out of dodge?

I'm thinking it's a likely scenario. Although, this Merritt guy doesn't sound like he should be trusted too far, either.

Hrm. I'm interested to see how this unfolds.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

With all the aliases and shady business deals, wonder if authorities have checked for the name McFlee?

Wah wah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    No one ever gets me. Where is Lawchick? We speak the same intellectual language.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Fuckin LawChick, how does she work?

Olivia

I have been reading more.&nbsp; I didn't realise that the gap between when they were last seen and when they (if it's them) were seen walking into Mexico was 4 days!&nbsp; And that you don't need a passport to enter Mexico by land for kids - only a birth certificate.

If it is them on the video, wtf were they doing for four days and where were they?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24898.msg1588780#msg1588780 date=1270601037]
    I have been reading more.&nbsp; I didn't realise that the gap between when they were last seen and when they (if it's them) were seen walking into Mexico was 4 days!&nbsp; And that you don't need a passport to enter Mexico by land for kids - only a birth certificate.

If it is them on the video, wtf were they doing for four days and where were they?
    [/quote]

I read that somewhere and they don't know where they were. Is there a reason to not take your car into Mexico? Is it easier if you walk in?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24898.msg1588781#msg1588781 date=1270601138]
    I read that somewhere and they don't know where they were. Is there a reason to not take your car into Mexico? Is it easier if you walk in?
    [/quote]

They might have thought that if they left their car in the states, no one would think they were going into Mexico?

...but that would be stupid, because the car was found right at the border. Hm.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

Thread Information