Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Limit Posts

Limit Posts

Is it possible to limit peoples daily posts? some of these folks are getting crazy. maybe if they were limited to like 20-30 post per day they would be a little more choosey about what they post. than maybe this site would have some decent content again.
    &quot;Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.&quot;<br /><br />

Josh

Re: Limit Posts

Ehhhh, would that really work?&nbsp; I think we just need a chatroom.

The chatroom is a good idea.... im finding it really hard to keep up when i come back of a morning. Alot of people are in a hurry to get as many posts as they can.

quality not quantity

Its like a race!

[quote author=Denton-Brian link=topic=629.msg22230#msg22230 date=1154975610]
    Is it possible to limit peoples daily posts? some of these folks are getting crazy. maybe if they were limited to like 20-30 post per day they would be a little more choosey about what they post. than maybe this site would have some decent content again.
    [/quote]

AMEN.

I guess getting rid of the coments created this mess.
    &quot;Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.&quot;<br /><br />

Yea, but I'm glad the comments section is gone. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

I think sadly im gonna have to find somewhere else to entertain myself

Josh

I like the forum posts from all of you who have been here, and are becoming known...no matter how useless they seem to be.&nbsp; It's all about entertainment.&nbsp; Since the Comment section has went away, a bunch of crappy newbies have come in, which I don't like, but ehhhh....

[quote author=Denton-Brian link=topic=629.msg22319#msg22319 date=1154978493]
    I think sadly im gonna have to find somewhere else to entertain myself
    [/quote]

BRIAN, NOOOOOO!!!!!!&nbsp; &nbsp;

1340 (53.600 per day)

Josh no offense, but dont you think this is a tad excessive?

Off subject here, but I wanted to say I am so glad they got rid of the comments on the death profiles. Good job Mike :-D
    &quot;Helpless, selfish, stupid power!&quot;

Josh

Possibly, but dont try singling me out.&nbsp; I like chatting with some of these people, and I'm not one that does it for the ranking, or to see how many posts I can make, like some people.

[quote author=Denton-Brian link=topic=629.msg22230#msg22230 date=1154975610]
    [/quote]

Agree 100%!
    &quot;Helpless, selfish, stupid power!&quot;

I didnt mean to single you out. there are many others. but you seem to post in every topic.

I'm one of them....

But I really don't think I flood posts with pointless stuff. Do I? If I do, please let me know.

No jess, you post a lot, dont get me wrong. but at for the most part you try to post on topic.

Josh

I post in the same topics as many others, but that's fine with me.&nbsp; I can keep up with people on myspace just as well as I can here.

I dont care what you post, its not like you are doing it alone. maybe we should start a topic strictly for pointless crap. and than the rest of the topics can stay on topic until they die.

[quote author=Denton-Brian link=topic=629.msg22394#msg22394 date=1154981108]
    I dont care what you post, its not like you are doing it alone. maybe we should start a topic strictly for pointless crap. and than the rest of the topics can stay on topic until they die.
    [/quote]

It won't work. It's been tried before. Do you know how many &quot;Because We're Bored...&quot; topics I've made in the General thread? No one EVER stays on topic. And it's true, it always gets back to sex, tits, food, or &quot;i lurve you&quot; fest. [which is the one I'm guilty of.]

[quote author=Denton-Brian link=topic=629.msg22384#msg22384 date=1154980734]
    I didnt mean to single you out. there are many others. but you seem to post in every topic.
    [/quote]

I found an &quot;ignore&quot; feature where you can block stuff from certain users. Might help with these out of control peeps...
    meep

I have a hard time keeping up now. Ignore feature sounds wonderful.. who to add to that lovely list!

Brian, I honestly hope you don't leave. Thank you for having relevant and insightful posts. It's awesome. You have to understand, however, that some of us have frentic multi-tasking behavior. I can post and listen to NPR on my headphones and do my job all at once. However, I am sure the posts don't sound as well thought out as they should be. And some people Do use this forum to chit chat and I don't see anything wrong with that. Maybe they should post a specific topic saying that the topic is for chat only. Then the random chat can stay out of the important discussions. I am not sure how you can control it really.

Sorry you are not happy with my high post count. You mentioned it yesterday and I hadn't even seen this topic yet. I spent many a lonely late night talking on here before my boy came from London.

Yea, so IS there an ignore feature? I would use it if I could find it. I thought M said there was one, but maybe they were just stating that we need one.

[quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=629.msg23256#msg23256 date=1155065216]
    Brian, I honestly hope you don't leave. Thank you for having relevant and insightful posts. It's awesome. You have to understand, however, that some of us have frentic multi-tasking behavior. I can post and listen to NPR on my headphones and do my job all at once. However, I am sure the posts don't sound as well thought out as they should be. And some people Do use this forum to chit chat and I don't see anything wrong with that. Maybe they should post a specific topic saying that the topic is for chat only. Then the random chat can stay out of the important discussions. I am not sure how you can control it really.

Sorry you are not happy with my high post count. You mentioned it yesterday and I hadn't even seen this topic yet. I spent many a lonely late night talking on here before my boy came from London.
    [/quote]

this post wasnt directed at you. My main complaint is the post hijacking. and the people posting just to up their numbers( Mike seems to have fixed this.)

[quote author=Denton-Brian link=topic=629.msg23273#msg23273 date=1155066700]
    [quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=629.msg23256#msg23256 date=1155065216]

[/quote]

this post wasnt directed at you. My main complaint is the post hijacking. and the people posting just to up their numbers( Mike seems to have fixed this.)
    [/quote]

*skeet*

*punch*

haha. ok.

Thread Information