Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die)

Re: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die)

maybe try kissing  :kiss3:

Re: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die

[quote author=tea_tee69 link=topic=4359.msg248880#msg248880 date=1174721928]

I only think my folks noticed because my pop had a PhD in psychology   Thanks for the heathen vibes.   I'll take all the positive vibes I can get!!!
    [/quote]

Heathen vibes.  Hehe.  Never heard that before.

Re: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die

There's a smoking thread for this. 

RIP Elizabeth.

Re: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die)

Hi everybody! This story made the hairs on my arm stand. Going through my teenage years and having a problem with heroin and pills, seeing stories like this still give me the chills. Overdosing is like nodding off and never waking up. Unfortunately it's happened to me, and that's what scared me straight from the needle. It's so easy to die off heroin. 

You guys are awesome btw. Always making me laugh.

RIP Elizabeth.

[quote author=pepper link=topic=4359.msg249069#msg249069 date=1174755718]
    Hi everybody! This story made the hairs on my arm stand. Going through my teenage years and having a problem with heroin and pills, seeing stories like this still give me the chills. Overdosing is like nodding off and never waking up. Unfortunately it's happened to me, and that's what scared me straight from the needle. It's so easy to die off heroin. 

You guys are awesome btw. Always making me laugh.

RIP Elizabeth.

[/quote]

Hello and Welcome to the site.

RIP Elizabeth

I've been rereading this thread, I don't know out of some comfort or what not.  Yesterday was 2 months since Lizz died.  I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for being so kind and compassionate. 

Losing Lizz has been the single most difficult thing I have gone through to date.  I can honestly think of only one other thing that would be more difficult, that would be losing a child.

I know it is difficult for non addicts to sometimes try to identify with the addict mentality.  What drove Lizz to use again, why it was heroin, why Tina acted or reacted the way she did, these are all points we could debate forever.  In the end a beautiful girl died and another girl scarred her life forever.  There is no getting over this.

You all have done your best to respect and honor Lizz despite the fact that she made a stupid choice that resulted in her death.  Perhaps, all the drug deaths are the dumbest.  The kids who stuck their heads into a helium balloon, the girl who tried to get her cell phone back from over a ledge and the girl who died text messaging, certainly used poor judgment.  Lizz knew that heroin and her were a deadly combination.  If Tina had asked her to jump off a bridge I believe she would have had the ability to say no.  When it came to heroin, Lizz and her addict mind chose death.

I only hope people learn something from these senseless deaths.  If you have a problem try to ask for help, there are many many resources for you out there.

Thanks again to my MDS family, without you and this thread Lizz's death would have been all the harder for me to cope with. 
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

Thank you, MDSA, for sharing your friend with us. I believe that many of us have learned things from your heartbreak and loss. Some us have will have more tools to use in our lives when we are confronted with drug addiction ourselves or with a loved one or a friend. What you have shared with us helped us too, I'm glad it helped you as well. I truly believe this has helped someone else out there in ways more profound than others. Maybe your candor and your sharing your feelings has helped save another persons life. Lizz will live on, through her family and friends and even through us, who don't know her personally but we will carry her with us too.

I don't know your pain, but I can understand it better now. You opened our eyes and our hearts and brought Lizz to each of us. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Love,
    your MDS family 

Today my daughter has 30 days clean!!!!! I am so proud of her, but at the same time, we have been to this place before :( I guess I have to hope that she stays strong.
    American Witch, Crazy Bitch<br /><br />

[quote author=Cemetary Sniffer link=topic=4359.msg253062#msg253062 date=1175005865]

Today my daughter has 30 days clean!!!!! I am so proud of her, but at the same time, we have been to this place before :( I guess I have to hope that she stays strong.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Cemetary Sniffer link=topic=4359.msg253062#msg253062 date=1175005865]

[/quote]
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[/quote]

<br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

[/quote]

Yay! Congrats to you and your daughter. It's probably been a hard road in the past and I hope for the best in the future. It's good that she has the willingness to stop. 30 days is a start. It's good that she's trying. As long as she doesn't give up and keeps on trying. That's what counts.

[/quote]

This is the coolest statement.&nbsp; I struggled with a drug no where near as bad as heroin but I did it on my own.&nbsp; No one knew (or chose to be blind) about the addiction.&nbsp; I give u a lot of credit for being there for your daughter.&nbsp; and of course RIP Lizz

[quote author=mydeathspaceaddict link=topic=4359.msg251096#msg251096 date=1174912312]
    I've been rereading this thread, I don't know out of some comfort or what not.&nbsp; Yesterday was 2 months since Lizz died.&nbsp; I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for being so kind and compassionate.&nbsp;

Losing Lizz has been the single most difficult thing I have gone through to date.&nbsp; I can honestly think of only one other thing that would be more difficult, that would be losing a child.

I know it is difficult for non addicts to sometimes try to identify with the addict mentality.&nbsp; What drove Lizz to use again, why it was heroin, why Tina acted or reacted the way she did, these are all points we could debate forever.&nbsp; In the end a beautiful girl died and another girl scarred her life forever.&nbsp; There is no getting over this.

You all have done your best to respect and honor Lizz despite the fact that she made a stupid choice that resulted in her death.&nbsp; Perhaps, all the drug deaths are the dumbest.&nbsp; The kids who stuck their heads into a helium balloon, the girl who tried to get her cell phone back from over a ledge and the girl who died text messaging, certainly used poor judgment.&nbsp; Lizz knew that heroin and her were a deadly combination.&nbsp; If Tina had asked her to jump off a bridge I believe she would have had the ability to say no.&nbsp; When it came to heroin, Lizz and her addict mind chose death.

I only hope people learn something from these senseless deaths.&nbsp; If you have a problem try to ask for help, there are many many resources for you out there.

Thanks again to my MDS family, without you and this thread Lizz's death would have been all the harder for me to cope with.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Thank you for sharing your story with us. The above quoted posting by you was written so eloquently and heartfelt made me tear up. You have painted a beautiful picture of Lizz for all of us, and even though not everyone can relate with or understand why she did what she did, we can see she was a kind, caring, &amp; compassionate human being that was trying to better herself.
    You have been through so much and I hope that in time the pain dissipates for you.

RIP LIZZ

[/quote]

So cool!&nbsp; &nbsp; I hope she is able to stay clean and to overcome the temptations she will undoubtedly face in the near future. Kudos to you for being proud and being there for her! Thanks for sharing her success.

[quote author=Mantrid link=topic=4359.msg196449#msg196449 date=1172131925]
    that would be Danielle
    http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.ph...3763#msg153763
    [/quote]

I can't get this one to open...

-

The last night i saw Lizz she was sitting cross legged in the middle of the room putting out wed. night literature with her hair up and her purple sweatshirt, gosh that girl was cute. I miss her a lot and ill never forget her explanation for the squeeling and fidgeting at a friends house being NG in a no no spot. one of my biggest regrets is not having been initiated into the NG &quot;club&quot; until after she passed. She was.. and still is.. such an exceptional young lady. I wish more than anything that this could be a perfect world and she was still here. As for Edwards arm, anyone who has ever encountered Lizz really ought to see it. She would be pleased.

MDSA-Edward-&amp;Edwards arm- i truly love you all.. and remember.. Lizz is watching over us and playing all those lovely practical jokes :angel3:

Sorry i never posted sooner, but i just never felt it was the right time, but now that its drawing near to the one year anniversary of Lizz's death I kind of wanted to. I want to make sure Lizz isnt forgotten. She is too amazing for that. I wish you all could have known her, I never got the chance to be as close to her as MDSA, but i got close enough to love the girl like the sponsee sister she would have been, then again, it didnt take much to love Lizz, just to know her was to love her.

Thanks for letting me post and for everyone expressing their sympathies and helping MDSA, she is an amazing woman and its nice to see that she was getting support here as well.

Another 5 year MDS death anniversary. RIP Lizz.

Fuck you heroin.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadDoll View Post
    And like Final Destination, we'll all die in the order that we signed up....

I reakon a good way to try and prevent kids getting into heroin is by showing them movies like Requiem for a Dream. That movie stayed with me for awhile after i watched it the first time.
    I know this is a very old comment. But Requiem For A Dream IS a fucked up movie.

Thread Information