Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die)

Re: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=4359.msg221232#msg221232 date=1173384115]
    that's awesome you signed up just to tell us that...
    [/quote]

That's awesome you replied to tell me that? ^_^!

Re: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die)

[quote author=Eleria link=topic=4359.msg221344#msg221344 date=1173386011]
    That's awesome you replied to tell me that? ^_^!
    [/quote]

are you friends with Tina?
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

Re: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die

[quote author=Eleria link=topic=4359.msg221200#msg221200 date=1173383364]
    Tina is going to rehab.
    [/quote]

Thank you for coming to update us on the story.
    I am sorry for your loss.

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=4359.msg216843#msg216843 date=1173231235]
    I don't recall anyone ever saying that Tina laughed while Lizz ODed; but I do think that it is safe to assume that Tina did know that Lizz was going to NA and trying to get sober.&nbsp; Why offer heroin to someone you know is trying to quit?
    [/quote]

That is a simple answer kinda. The using&nbsp; junkie or alcoholic will offer junk or alcohol to a person trying to get clean because it makes them nervous to be around someone who has cleaned up their act. Sometimes they feel as though people who are clean feel superior to them and are judging them, basically saying you're less than if you are using.&nbsp; Not that I am agreeing with these types of actions, but they very common.

Re: Elizabeth Seholm (18) died from a heroin overdose (The 2nd MDS Member to die)

Feb 23, 2007 4:42 PM Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [ ? ]&nbsp;

I sent Tina a message this was her response

Subject: RE: damn girl

Body: i called the ambulance right away, she wanted to do it one last time with me, it was her idea, i am really sorry and i feel extremely guilty, i tried to kill myself when i found out she didnt make it, im going to rehab and staying away from drugs forever, look i dont know who you are but you need to get things straight. im tired of people thinking things that arent true.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: Feb 23, 2007 1:14 PM

you are dark and twisted you know why your cat hisses at you .I don't know what you've gone thru that you have to &quot;self medicate&quot; yourself but why lure others, apart of me thinks you're not one bit sorry Liz is gone and wonders how long you waited before calling for help. something is off about you like a bad seed I see it and I think you see it too ...sad cause you're a very pretty girl

I only know what I have read. With that, I must say &quot; your going to get the screwing you gave&quot;.
    Rest Peacefully Elizabeth.

there's something about Tina thats really creepy to me

You think?

[quote author=1sunsetlover link=topic=4359.msg241054#msg241054 date=1174372484]
    You think?
    [/quote]like if she had aids she would infect as many ppl she could
    and not care or think twice

I don't know what part of the country you live in, but there is a commercial with a stick figure &quot;guy&quot;.
    He's sitting in a window smoking a joint, His little stick dog is under him. Stick boy says to stick dog, I wouldn't feel so bad about smoking if I could make you happy. Think ABOUT IT.

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=4359.msg221232#msg221232 date=1173384115]
    that's awesome you signed up just to tell us that...
    [/quote]ha good eye

[quote author=justarandomperson link=topic=4359.msg216658#msg216658 date=1173226168]
    Hello. I'm not here to start drama or World War III, but I am a very close friend of Tina's.

It's very simple to sit there and condemn someone you do not know. Has anyone stopped to consider that the night Lizz died Tina wasn't sober? And she also wasn't sitting and staring at Lizz. When you are high on any substance, be it pot or heroin, you aren't in your right mind, and if someone passes out, it would appear as though they are sleeping. Tina does do things that are questionable, but she would never purposely allow someone to die. She called the ambulance as soon as she realized that something was wrong and that Lizz was not sleeping.

Your sources of information are questionable at best. None of you were there that night, and it's ridiculous and shows poor character on your parts to assume that Tina just sat there and laughed while Lizz died. That's absolutely ludicrous. And to the person who &quot;knows for a fact&quot; that Lizz isn't the only person who has ODed at Tina's house...I would consider checking your facts. I know Tina far better than you do, and gossip is never reliable nor is it accurate. Lizz isn't the first person to do heroin at Tina's house, but she certainly is the first person to OD.

The conversation where Lizz said Tina &quot;offered&quot; her heroin: you need to stop thinking of people in terms of caricatures. I highly doubt she actively sought her out just to offer her drugs and ruin her. It mostly likely came up in casual conversation; she probably told Lizz she had heroin and offered her some. She wasn't out to get anyone. She had enough problems as it was. And how many of you say one thing to one friend and something completely different to another? Everyone is guilty of it. She probably badmouthed Tina to whoever that other person was, and then turned around and spoke to Tina. Girls do it all the time. It's called talking trash behind other peoples backs.

Additionally, when something horrible happens, like a close friend dying, blaming someone else makes it a lot easier. It makes you feel better, because it gives you something to hate and focus pain upon. To call Tina a murderer? That's just cruel. It just makes you really mean girls. None of you know her and none of you were there that night. All of your &quot;facts&quot; are just assumptions. I'm sorry about Lizz, it's tragic to die so young, but Tina isn't to blame. It just makes you feel better to blame her. But people get hurt when emotions overtake reason.
    [/quote]

How many people do you know have died from a pot overdose?
    Attention restaurant customers: Testicles. That is all

[quote author=curiousitykilledme link=topic=4359.msg244021#msg244021 date=1174501048]
    How many people do you know have died from a pot overdose?
    [/quote]

four.&nbsp;

:lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp;
    :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=justarandomperson link=topic=4359.msg216658#msg216658 date=1173226168]
    Hello. I'm not here to start drama or World War III, but I am a very close friend of Tina's.

It's very simple to sit there and condemn someone you do not know. Has anyone stopped to consider that the night Lizz died Tina wasn't sober? And she also wasn't sitting and staring at Lizz. When you are high on any substance, be it pot or heroin, you aren't in your right mind, and if someone passes out, it would appear as though they are sleeping. Tina does do things that are questionable, but she would never purposely allow someone to die. She called the ambulance as soon as she realized that something was wrong and that Lizz was not sleeping.

Your sources of information are questionable at best. None of you were there that night, and it's ridiculous and shows poor character on your parts to assume that Tina just sat there and laughed while Lizz died. That's absolutely ludicrous. And to the person who &quot;knows for a fact&quot; that Lizz isn't the only person who has ODed at Tina's house...I would consider checking your facts. I know Tina far better than you do, and gossip is never reliable nor is it accurate. Lizz isn't the first person to do heroin at Tina's house, but she certainly is the first person to OD.

The conversation where Lizz said Tina &quot;offered&quot; her heroin: you need to stop thinking of people in terms of caricatures. I highly doubt she actively sought her out just to offer her drugs and ruin her. It mostly likely came up in casual conversation; she probably told Lizz she had heroin and offered her some. She wasn't out to get anyone. She had enough problems as it was. And how many of you say one thing to one friend and something completely different to another? Everyone is guilty of it. She probably badmouthed Tina to whoever that other person was, and then turned around and spoke to Tina. Girls do it all the time. It's called talking trash behind other peoples backs.

Additionally, when something horrible happens, like a close friend dying, blaming someone else makes it a lot easier. It makes you feel better, because it gives you something to hate and focus pain upon. To call Tina a murderer? That's just cruel. It just makes you really mean girls. None of you know her and none of you were there that night. All of your &quot;facts&quot; are just assumptions. I'm sorry about Lizz, it's tragic to die so young, but Tina isn't to blame. It just makes you feel better to blame her. But people get hurt when emotions overtake reason.
    [/quote]thanks Tina

I have to call bullshit on that post- the police report clearly states that Tina left Lizz on the couch &quot;sleeping&quot;, she came back awhile later and Lizz was still &quot;sleeping&quot; AND snoring the next time she went to the couch she said that Lizz was obviously in distress. That is when She call for help.&nbsp; The problem I have with this is the fact that Herion overdoses happen very quickly.&nbsp; People don't fall asleep and then, hours later go into distress.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but this is where Tina failed Lizz.&nbsp; Almost all herion overdoses are savable if an ambulance is called early on.&nbsp;

Lizz died because she was deprived of oxygen for hours, most likely while she was &quot;sleeping&quot; on Tina's couch.
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

[quote author=mydeathspaceaddict link=topic=4359.msg245719#msg245719 date=1174585426]
    I have to call bullshit on that post- the police report clearly states that Tina left Lizz on the couch &quot;sleeping&quot;, she came back awhile later and Lizz was still &quot;sleeping&quot; AND snoring the next time she went to the couch she said that Lizz was obviously in distress. That is when She call for help.&nbsp; The problem I have with this is the fact that Herion overdoses happen very quickly.&nbsp; People don't fall asleep and then, hours later go into distress.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but this is where Tina failed Lizz.&nbsp; Almost all herion overdoses are savable if an ambulance is called early on.&nbsp;

Lizz died because she was deprived of oxygen for hours, most likely while she was &quot;sleeping&quot; on Tina's couch.
    [/quote]

I have to agree with you on this MDSA. I haven't heard of people going in to distress hours later, it's usually fairly quickly after they take the heroin. Or at least in the instances I am aware of - it happened quickly.&nbsp;

A similar thing happened to a friend a few years back.&nbsp; He'd been clean for a long while then his girlfriend mithered on at him to do some gear with her.&nbsp; He overdosed...blue lips, snoring, deep sleep.&nbsp; She called a friend who came round and advised her to &quot;let him sleep it off&quot;.&nbsp; He died.&nbsp; His family tried various channels to get them charged, but nothing ever came of it, because basically they corroborated each others stories.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend MDSA.

[quote author=mydeathspaceaddict link=topic=4359.msg245719#msg245719 date=1174585426]

[/quote]sorry about you friend .

Tina basically shifted all the blame onto Lizz

which I know isn't true because I read a livejournal entry from a girl who showed IM messgages of Tina trying to tempt her to &quot;do it&quot;

Tina is creepy I'd stay away from her

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=4359.msg246376#msg246376 date=1174602403]
    sorry about you friend .

Tina basically shifted all the blame onto Lizz

which I know isn't true because I read a livejournal entry from a girl who showed IM messgages of Tina trying to tempt her to &quot;do it&quot;

Tina is creepy I'd stay away from her
    [/quote]

Yeah..............

Why do so many kids/people get caught up in heroin? (paraphrased)
    I don't have the time or energy to read this entire thread but I've seen the question pop up more than once in other threads.&nbsp; I reckon it's been answered before, and probably better, but I'll throw in my $0.02 anyway.

In college I smoked pot, dropped acid and snorted coke, but I always kept the idea of experimenting with heroin in a mental folder labeled &quot;No fucking way&quot;.&nbsp; I dated a junkie musician and saw the effects first hand. I broke up with him while he was in rehab in Coral Springs.&nbsp; (Shitty yeah, but he was on his way out anyway.)&nbsp; After college the only thing I ever did was pot, and that was only the year I came home, and then off and on for a couple years when I was managing a blues/rock band and we'd go out for a drive between sets and share a joint.&nbsp; From about 2001 I quit drugs altogether and my anti-drug stance bordered on lunatic.&nbsp; I just thought - from experience - that it was the dumbest, most idiotic thing a human could do to his/her body.&nbsp;

Fast forward to January this year.&nbsp; I re-read Motley Crue: The Dirt - Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band and Trainspotting back to back.&nbsp; And guess what?&nbsp; Even seeing how fucked up the characters were, both real and fictional, I couldn't get the idea of heroin out of my mind.&nbsp; I'm not a kid.&nbsp; I'm in my mid-30s.&nbsp; I've seen enough to know better.&nbsp; But still, for almost a month, I was determined to find out where I could score heroin locally.&nbsp; I even asked my therapist (and not even in a covert way) if heroin was available locally.&nbsp; I was THAT intent on finding out, and I figured she'd know better than anyone.&nbsp; I even used the excuse that heroin = trading a bunch of problems for a single one, i.e. scoring your next fix.&nbsp; Luckily as the memory of the books faded, so did the craving.

All this is to say that you never really know what goes on in a person's head, and the less mentally stable a person is, the less likely you are to ever really find out.&nbsp; It's like the user develops a blind spot and shuts out all the negativity.&nbsp; That's the best I can come up with.&nbsp; I know I was influenced by the reading material, but I still don't know why, considering I'd read both books before and never once considered joining the casts.&nbsp; People just have different physiological and psychological make-ups, and depending on the stability of either, it can be pretty easy to reach the point where common sense flies right out the window.

I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone but me.&nbsp; Just sharing an experience here...
    Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws...

[quote author=liveandletdie link=topic=4359.msg246623#msg246623 date=1174611265]
    All this is to say that you never really know what goes on in a person's head, and the less mentally stable a person is, the less likely you are to ever really find out.&nbsp; It's like the user develops a blind spot and shuts out all the negativity.&nbsp; That's the best I can come up with.&nbsp; I know I was influenced by the reading material, but I still don't know why, considering I'd read both books before and never once considered joining the casts.&nbsp; People just have different physiological and psychological make-ups, and depending on the stability of either, it can be pretty easy to reach the point where common sense flies right out the window.

I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone but me.&nbsp; Just sharing an experience here...
    [/quote]

That statement is profound and the rest of your post is incredibly honest.&nbsp;

It really doesn't matter how much people learn about themselves, there always seems to be new temptations awaiting 'addictive-type' personalities.&nbsp;

I've been clean and sober on different levels more times than I can count.&nbsp; And have lead double, if not triple lives (hiding the obviously bad acquaintances from other bad acquaintances, and keeping those groups far away from the 'appropriate and acceptable' folks.&nbsp; For me there is a recognizable factor - a sensation similar to irresistible lust.&nbsp; I must acknowledge that lust and not give myself permission to fuck up.&nbsp; Ever.

Somehow, that just doesn't work with the cigarettes&nbsp; :-(

[quote author=christine k link=topic=4359.msg247222#msg247222 date=1174643683]

That statement is profound and the rest of your post is incredibly honest.&nbsp;

It really doesn't matter how much people learn about themselves, there always seems to be new temptations awaiting 'addictive-type' personalities.&nbsp;

I've been clean and sober on different levels more times than I can count.&nbsp; And have lead double, if not triple lives (hiding the obviously bad acquaintances from other bad acquaintances, and keeping those groups far away from the 'appropriate and acceptable' folks.&nbsp; For me there is a recognizable factor - a sensation similar to irresistible lust.&nbsp; I must acknowledge that lust and not give myself permission to fuck up.&nbsp; Ever.

Somehow, that just doesn't work with the cigarettes &nbsp; :-(
    [/quote]

I know I have an addictive personality but I've been lucky enough not to have ever developed a real drug problem.&nbsp; But cigarettes?&nbsp; Christ.&nbsp; I don't know how I managed to quit for 8 or so months back in 2001.&nbsp; In addition to my pack-or-more-a-day habit, whenever I try to quit I get psychotic, self-destructive symptoms (I still have the scars from my last attempt to quit last July - that's recorded in the journal in gory detail), or if I switch brands I get major cardiac issues.&nbsp; My cardiologist thought I was bullshitting him until he saw the results of my EKG when I was smoking a different brand (ridiculously irregular, and my blood pressure was something like 160/98) and the one taken when I switched back to my regular brand (back to my usual status, and blood pressure normal).&nbsp; So, I'll either die from lung cancer or some smoke-related disease if I don't stop, or from the cardiac issues if I do.&nbsp; Either way I'm fucked.&nbsp; :lol:
    Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws...

I've got a highly addictive personality.&nbsp; My parents saw that early on I was prone to it, and planted the drugs = death in my head.&nbsp; I'm not saying that I haven't had my struggles with addiction, believe me I have (still in a major struggle with one&nbsp; ).&nbsp; I think cigarettes are the lesser of the evils out there.&nbsp; It is the one socially acceptable vice (sort of), that will not kill you immediately.&nbsp; Any one who can drop the habit, I applaud.&nbsp;
    [quote author=waltflannigansdog link=topic=6948.msg334522#msg334522 date=1178163503]<br />tea_tee69 is fucking awesome.&nbsp; <br />meh.&nbsp; thought i&#039;d put it out there for consideration.&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

[quote author=tea_tee69 link=topic=4359.msg248164#msg248164 date=1174696064]
    I've got a highly addictive personality.&nbsp; My parents saw that early on I was prone to it, and planted the drugs = death in my head.&nbsp; I'm not saying that I haven't had my struggles with addiction, believe me I have (still in a major struggle with one&nbsp; ).&nbsp; I think cigarettes are the lesser of the evils out there.&nbsp; It is the one socially acceptable vice (sort of), that will not kill you immediately.&nbsp; Any one who can drop the habit, I applaud.&nbsp; [/quote]

I actually had a rather peculiar - and possibly original - method that one time I quit.&nbsp; I realised that for me, lighting up was the main kick, moreso than the actual smoking.&nbsp; (It's reinforced now by the fact that seconds after I start smoking I'm thinking &quot;I need a cigarette&quot; then it hits me that I'm already smoking.&nbsp; Bizarre.)&nbsp; How I quit was fairly simple - I'd just light a cigarette, take a puff or two, then toss it out.&nbsp; I don't remember how long it took - could've been a couple weeks, maybe less - but it worked like a charm. I became less dependent on nicotine by stages.&nbsp; But then of course my health crashed and less than a year later I was back to smoking, first the small 10-packs, then when my ex and I were breaking up I was up to a (20) pack or more a day.&nbsp; Haven't been able to come off since then because I get sick every time I try.&nbsp; Pfffft.

I don't do religion so I'm sending you positive heathen vibes to help you with your current struggle.&nbsp; A simple &quot;good luck&quot; is too prosaic.&nbsp;

I wonder why my folks never noticed I had an addictive personality.&nbsp; Hmmmm.. could be something to do with none of them ever being around much.&nbsp; ~L~

[quote author=liveandletdie link=topic=4359.msg248456#msg248456 date=1174706220]
    I actually had a rather peculiar - and possibly original - method that one time I quit.&nbsp; I realised that for me, lighting up was the main kick, moreso than the actual smoking.&nbsp; (It's reinforced now by the fact that seconds after I start smoking I'm thinking &quot;I need a cigarette&quot; then it hits me that I'm already smoking.&nbsp; Bizarre.)&nbsp; How I quit was fairly simple - I'd just light a cigarette, take a puff or two, then toss it out.&nbsp; I don't remember how long it took - could've been a couple weeks, maybe less - but it worked like a charm. I became less dependent on nicotine by stages.&nbsp; But then of course my health crashed and less than a year later I was back to smoking, first the small 10-packs, then when my ex and I were breaking up I was up to a (20) pack or more a day.&nbsp; &nbsp;Haven't been able to come off since then because I get sick every time I try.&nbsp; Pfffft.

I don't do religion so I'm sending you positive heathen vibes to help you with your current struggle.&nbsp; A simple &quot;good luck&quot; is too prosaic.&nbsp;

I wonder why my folks never noticed I had an addictive personality.&nbsp; &nbsp;Hmmmm.. could be something to do with none of them ever being around much.&nbsp; ~L~
    [/quote]

Your avitar speaks for itself lol. Nah. but it is hard to quit smoking, I have to smoke after every meal. every beer, everytime something bad happens, or even the good. If not, I think I might blow my head off!

[quote author=liveandletdie link=topic=4359.msg248456#msg248456 date=1174706220]

I wonder why my folks never noticed I had an addictive personality.&nbsp; Hmmmm.. could be something to do with none of them ever being around much.&nbsp; ~L~
    [/quote]

I only think my folks noticed because my pop had a PhD in psychology&nbsp; Thanks for the heathen vibes. &nbsp; I'll take all the positive vibes I can get!!!
    [quote author=waltflannigansdog link=topic=6948.msg334522#msg334522 date=1178163503]<br />tea_tee69 is fucking awesome.&nbsp; <br />meh.&nbsp; thought i&#039;d put it out there for consideration.&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Thread Information