Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayne Treacy (15) allegedly beat Josie Ratley (15) until she was comatose.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar

Re: Wayne Treacy (15) allegedly beat Josie Ratley (15) until she was comatose.

Without knowing what it was that Josie said to him, it's easy to call him a monster for what he did.  I just feel for him in a way.  The article said he found his brother hanging from a tree.  I'm pretty sure that would screw someone up mentally.  His parents should have gotten him help before he harmed someone.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

[quote author=emmy_dreamy link=topic=24661.msg1573647#msg1573647 date=1269453139]
    Without knowing what it was that Josie said to him, it's easy to call him a monster for what he did.  I just feel for him in a way.  The article said he found his brother hanging from a tree.  I'm pretty sure that would screw someone up mentally.  His parents should have gotten him help before he harmed someone.
    [/quote]

I don't know what I would do if it were my brother and someone said something. I don't think she deserved this but hurt people tend to snap when things are said.

I just wondered about something..I think I read somwhere that his dad wasn't in the picture, but has Treacys mom spoken publicly about the incident?

Meh, I don't care what she said, what he did was  .  She may not be an angel, but seriously?  When did reacting to any situation like this become understandable? 

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=24661.msg1573785#msg1573785 date=1269457696]
    Meh, I don't care what she said, what he did was  .  She may not be an angel, but seriously?  When did reacting to any situation like this become understandable? 
    [/quote]

I don't recall saying it was understandable or an appropriate reaction at all.  I just think someone should have gotten him some help after he found his brother like that.  The lawyer is claiming that it was because of the trauma that he snapped.  Really, I think it's awful what he did but if he's mentally ill, it at least gives a hint of what may have been going through his mind. 

[quote author=emmy_dreamy link=topic=24661.msg1573795#msg1573795 date=1269457980]
    I don't recall saying it was understandable or an appropriate reaction at all.  I just think someone should have gotten him some help after he found his brother like that.  The lawyer is claiming that it was because of the trauma that he snapped.  Really, I think it's awful what he did but if he's mentally ill, it at least gives a hint of what may have been going through his mind. 
    [/quote]

I really want to know when kids are going to be responsible for their actions.

For example: I had a friend who was... older... and slept with a 14 year old girl. There's more to the story... her parents knew, let him live with them, sent them to Taiwan together for two weeks, etc. But, her attorney had convinced her that SHE was a victim. Now... HE (the older guy) knew better... but since when are 14 and 15 year olds (she was sexually active before this guy) NOT responsible for their actions? I'm sorry, I had sex for the first time at 15, and I knew what I was doing. I mean... I wasn't all... hm, what's sex? Now the friend of mine is sitting in jail for 10 years because of something that HER PARENTS were okay with UNTIL the girl decided she wanted to move on and be with a 26 year old man. Seriously... this guy may have had some issues, and granted, children (14, 15) don't handle situations as well as some adults... but there was NO reason for this to happen, whether he got help or not, he had a LONG while to change his mind, and he didn't.

BUT, I *do* think that his parents should have gotten help. Sad that it took THIS for them to see that he needs therapy and stuff.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=emmy_dreamy link=topic=24661.msg1573795#msg1573795 date=1269457980]
    I don't recall saying it was understandable or an appropriate reaction at all.&nbsp; I just think someone should have gotten him some help after he found his brother like that.&nbsp; The lawyer is claiming that it was because of the trauma that he snapped.&nbsp; Really, I think it's awful what he did but if he's mentally ill, it at least gives a hint of what may have been going through his mind.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I just feel that too many times, kids aren't expected to suffer the consequences of their actions.&nbsp; Cause and Effect.&nbsp; Had he not done this?&nbsp; I would be all over getting him help, etc.&nbsp; he should have gotten help after finding his brother that way, it is totally horrible and a hideous thing to have happen.&nbsp; But, do we know he wasn't in therapy?&nbsp; I don't think I have read either way?&nbsp;

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=24661.msg1573839#msg1573839 date=1269459449]
    I just feel that too many times, kids aren't expected to suffer the consequences of their actions.&nbsp; Cause and Effect.&nbsp; &nbsp;Had he not done this?&nbsp; I would be all over getting him help, etc.&nbsp; he should have gotten help after finding his brother that way, it is totally horrible and a hideous thing to have happen.&nbsp; But, do we know he wasn't in therapy?&nbsp; I don't think I have read either way?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Good question.&nbsp; I assumed he wasn't since the lawyer is using it as a defense for his actions.&nbsp; Even if this is the cause for his snapping, I still think there should be punishment of some sort.&nbsp; I'm just not sure sending him to jail vs. to a mental facility will be all that helpful if finding his brother is the reason he snapped.

[quote author=emmy_dreamy link=topic=24661.msg1573845#msg1573845 date=1269459616]
    Good question.&nbsp; I assumed he wasn't since the lawyer is using it as a defense for his actions.&nbsp; Even if this is the cause for his snapping, I still think there should be punishment of some sort.&nbsp; I'm just not sure sending him to jail vs. to a mental facility will be all that helpful if finding his brother is the reason he snapped.
    [/quote]

I don't know that jail would be either.&nbsp; He DEF needs help; I am really curious as to what was actually said in those texts.&nbsp; Again, no matter what the girl said, she didn't deserve this, but I really wanna know how easy it was to push this kid off his rocker!

[quote author=StarrySky87 link=topic=24661.msg1572207#msg1572207 date=1269354894]
    I used to wear these:

Although it seems like teenagers are getting more and more violent these days and it's nothing unusual to hear things like these in news, I just can't get it.
    A few weeks ago, here in Germany two 13-year-olds (thirrrrrteeeeen ...) broke into the apartment of an elderly woman, knocked her around and tortured her for many hours after they finally left her alone and she could call the police. The things they did to her include pulling red pepper over her eyes, spraying shaving foam into her mouth, battering her teeth with a bottle of vodka, pissing into the bottle of vodka and forcing her to drink it etc. ...

No one will prosecute these kids. They are not yet of the age of criminal responsibility in Germany (starts at the age of 14). Enough said ...
    [/quote] :angel3:I cried my eyes out, Josie, my love stay strong &amp; know you are &quot;Loved!

We all wish her well.&nbsp; Do you have any updates on her status?

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=24661.msg1573839#msg1573839 date=1269459449]
    I just feel that too many times, kids aren't expected to suffer the consequences of their actions.&nbsp; Cause and Effect.&nbsp; &nbsp;Had he not done this?&nbsp; I would be all over getting him help, etc.&nbsp; he should have gotten help after finding his brother that way, it is totally horrible and a hideous thing to have happen.&nbsp; But, do we know he wasn't in therapy?&nbsp; I don't think I have read either way?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Exactly +1

So, I've been considering this.&nbsp; On one hand this boy experienced a very traumatic event (the suicide of his brother) in the recent past.&nbsp; So, it is understandable that he is unstable and vulnerable, I'll give him that.&nbsp; This kind of vulnerability will/can make you act out.&nbsp; On the other hand, the viciousness with which this boy acted out says something about his base make up and character.&nbsp; Somebody hits that kind of nerve with the average person (who is disturbed/vulnerable), they may have an outburst and &quot;say&quot; they want to kill this person or they may have a mental meltdown and dissolve into tears, they may even punch the person in the face, but this boy put forth an enormous amount of effort to harm this girl.&nbsp; He had plenty of time to reconsider and calm down as he changed his shoes, texted his friends, rode his bike for three miles, met his girlfriend and had this girl pointed out to him.&nbsp; This was not perpetrated in the heat of the moment.&nbsp; He needs to be put away.&nbsp; With this kind of anger he is a menace to society.&nbsp; You don't just get better from this kind of rage disorder.&nbsp;

[quote author=irishkat link=topic=24661.msg1574634#msg1574634 date=1269484384]
    So, I've been considering this.&nbsp; On one hand this boy experienced a very traumatic event (the suicide of his brother) in the recent past.&nbsp; So, it is understandable that he is unstable and vulnerable, I'll give him that.&nbsp; This kind of vulnerability will/can make you act out.&nbsp; On the other hand, the viciousness with which this boy acted out says something about his base make up and character.&nbsp; Somebody hits that kind of nerve with the average person (who is disturbed/vulnerable), they may have an outburst and &quot;say&quot; they want to kill this person or they may have a mental meltdown and dissolve into tears, they may even punch the person in the face, but this boy put forth an enormous amount of effort to harm this girl.&nbsp; He had plenty of time to reconsider and calm down as he changed his shoes, texted his friends, rode his bike for three miles, met his girlfriend and had this girl pointed out to him.&nbsp; This was not perpetrated in the heat of the moment.&nbsp; He needs to be put away.&nbsp; With this kind of anger he is a menace to society.&nbsp; You don't just get better from this kind of rage disorder.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

The death of his brother should have opened his eyes to the fragility of life. Instead, he blames it for making him a monster. I agree, monsters can't be cured.
    born to be down

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=24661.msg1574647#msg1574647 date=1269484738]
    The death of his brother should have opened his eyes to the fragility of life. Instead, he blames it for making him a monster. I agree, monsters can't be cured.
    [/quote]

VERY good point!

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=24661.msg1574647#msg1574647 date=1269484738]
    [/quote]
    Yeah, except where he was a hormonal 15 year old. There are plenty of adults who are incapable of understanding this idea. He couldn't separate rage from sadness.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=24661.msg1574688#msg1574688 date=1269486318]
    Yeah, except where he was a hormonal 15 year old. There are plenty of adults who are incapable of understanding this idea. He couldn't separate rage from sadness.
    [/quote]

Which is what makes him so dangerous.&nbsp; Do you think he will be able to learn the difference?&nbsp; It takes a special kind of human who could ever stomp a girl to near death.

He was nothing like a normal horny 15 yr old.
    Anyone who could do this to someone had problems in their childhood or manifested problems in their head.

[quote author=Crystalette247 link=topic=24661.msg1575035#msg1575035 date=1269532172]
    Anyone who could do this to someone had problems in their childhood or manifested problems in their head.
    [/quote]

Did you read the thread?&nbsp; Just askin

Yes, I did. Lots of pages, but I actually read most of it.

Why do you ask?

[quote author=Crystalette247 link=topic=24661.msg1575045#msg1575045 date=1269532596]
    Yes, I did. Lots of pages, but I actually read most of it.

Why do you ask?
    [/quote]

[quote author=Crystalette247 link=topic=24661.msg1575035#msg1575035 date=1269532172]
    [/quote]

Because you stated the above.&nbsp; I figured it was because you hadn't read the part where he found his brother hanging from a tree.&nbsp; It didn't sound like you did.

I read that. I don't consider a traumatic personal experience to be something that should make you able to stomp someone to death though.. A normal person that experiences depression because of a horrific death in their life should seek help to work through the pain. He had something wrong with him before that. If he was so depressed he should have killed himself, not someone else.

[quote author=Crystalette247 link=topic=24661.msg1575049#msg1575049 date=1269532929]
    I read that. I don't consider a traumatic personal experience to be something that should make you able to stomp someone to death though.. A normal person that experiences depression because of a horrific death in their life should seek help to work through the pain. He had something wrong with him before that. If he was so depressed he should have killed himself, not someone else.
    [/quote]

A.) He didn't kill her.&nbsp; She's still alive and hopefully will stay that way.
    B.) He is a child.&nbsp; 15 is still a child and I agree he needed help.

I don't believe he had anything wrong with him before that but I don't know for certain. I do know that traumatic experiences can make even mild tempered people snap and do things that they wouldn't ordinarily do.&nbsp; I don't wish death on him if this was case, I think he does deserve punishment.&nbsp; Now whether the court decides that Jail or a mental facility is the appropriate place, it's up to them.

[quote author=emmy_dreamy link=topic=24661.msg1575053#msg1575053 date=1269533131]
    A.) He didn't kill her.&nbsp; She's still alive and hopefully will stay that way.
    B.) He is a child.&nbsp; 15 is still a child and I agree he needed help.

I don't believe he had anything wrong with him before that but I don't know for certain. I do know that traumatic experiences can make even mild tempered people snap and do things that they wouldn't ordinarily do.&nbsp; I don't wish death on him if this was case, I think he does deserve punishment.&nbsp; Now whether the court decides that Jail or a mental facility is the appropriate place, it's up to them.
    [/quote]

Okay I get that people here love to linger on details. When I said he should have killed himself and not someone else I mean he &quot;tried&quot; to kill her. If she was beaten into a comatose(or induced into one because of brain swelling as i read someone comment it might have been done) He was trying to KILL her.

Yea, I can see people snapping but in my mind if I snapped.. I'd go after myself. Why hurt someone innocent or at least someone that had nothing to do with your situation..

He will probably get jail time more than likely.

i saw pics of what he did to this poor girl on larry king last night.

fuck him and his issues, throw away the key.

Thread Information