Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayne Treacy (15) allegedly beat Josie Ratley (15) until she was comatose.

Re: Wayne Treacy (15) allegedly beat Josie Ratley (15) until she was comatose.

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=24661.msg1631832#msg1631832 date=1274709736]
    Well, as we speculated before, apparently Josie was RIGHT to be concerned about her friend being with this douche.  Yeah, she should have STFU, but most of us can get drawn into shit like this and we are adults.    He is mentally unbalanced and had it not been her, it would have been someone else. 
    [/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself. Literally.

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=24661.msg1631832#msg1631832 date=1274709736]
    Well, as we speculated before, apparently Josie was RIGHT to be concerned about her friend being with this douche.  Yeah, she should have STFU, but most of us can get drawn into shit like this and we are adults.    He is mentally unbalanced and had it not been her, it would have been someone else. 
    [/quote]

I completely agree.

and he's right, the texts weren't that bad. Josie was looking out for a friend in the same way most 15 year old girls do - talking shit.
    born to be down

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=24661.msg1634933#msg1634933 date=1274991648]
    I completely agree.

and he's right, the texts weren't that bad. Josie was looking out for a friend in the same way most 15 year old girls do - talking shit.
    [/quote]
    I don't think she was looking out for a friend, I think she was stirring shit.  I'm not saying she deserved what she got in any way, but she crossed a lot of lines, especially telling him to go hang out with his dead brother.  :|  She knew exactly what she was doing, just didn't know at what cost she was doing it.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=24661.msg1635136#msg1635136 date=1275005863]
    I don't think she was looking out for a friend, I think she was stirring shit.  I'm not saying she deserved what she got in any way, but she crossed a lot of lines, especially telling him to go hang out with his dead brother.  :|  She knew exactly what she was doing, just didn't know at what cost she was doing it.
    [/quote]

I disagree.  Kids say cruel shit.  Does that mean she should have gotten her head beat in?  I had some REALLY cruel shit said to me when I was young.  It's probably why I've acted the way I've acted throughout the years but I never once thought of taking it out on the people who said the terrible shit

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=24661.msg1635270#msg1635270 date=1275014110]
    I disagree.  Kids say cruel shit.  Does that mean she should have gotten her head beat in?  I had some REALLY cruel shit said to me when I was young.  It's probably why I've acted the way I've acted throughout the years but I never once thought of taking it out on the people who said the terrible shit
    [/quote]People keep bringing that up but NO ONE HERE is saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=24661.msg1635273#msg1635273 date=1275014275]
    People keep bringing that up but NO ONE HERE is saying that.
    [/quote]

OKKKK!!  I get it, I have read it 1202083 times that no one is saying she deserved it.  Sorry for my choice of wording.  But I just disagree with the argument that she should have known better.  Yes, she shouldn't have said that.  Of course not.  She's 15 years old.  Kids don't think of that shit like US as adults do.  He had plenty of time to calm down before he rode his bike three miles to beat her skull in.  He was saying dumb shit, she was saying dumb shit and in result, something terrible happened.  Can we all just agree on that, at least? 

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

he said something about her dead father before she made the comment about his bro.  so basically, it was *ok, you talk shit about my dead family member, im gonna talk shit about yours.  wayne said he didnt know that her dad had passed away, but how was SHE supposed to know that?  and didnt he threaten to kill her before she even made that statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24661.msg1635292#msg1635292 date=1275015231]
    he said something about her dead father before she made the comment about his bro.  so basically, it was *ok, you talk shit about my dead family member, im gonna talk shit about yours.  wayne said he didnt know that her dad had passed away, but how was SHE supposed to know that?  and didnt he threaten to kill her before she even made that statement?
    [/quote]

exactly

I think all people are doing is pointing out that she was a bitch and her halo shouldn't be handed over to her just yet.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

im not denying that she was a brat, but i think that he was going to snap anyway...so if it hadnt happened to her, it would have been someone else.  :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24661.msg1635317#msg1635317 date=1275017137]
    im not denying that she was a brat, but i think that he was going to snap anyway...so if it hadnt happened to her, it would have been someone else.  :|
    [/quote]
    Probably. It's not at all uncommon for adolescents to respond to tragedy with anger. One suicidal brother, one violent one...clearly something very unhappy was going on in that family behind the scenes.

I think this kind of shit is why some parents (myself included) are terrified to send their kids to school.

I saw some shit on CNN the other night and a 12yr old girl said she was scared to even leave her house cause kids fucked with her so much. It is so fucking disturbing how violent, and evil kids can be. 

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=24661.msg1635270#msg1635270 date=1275014110]
    [/quote]
    Did you even read the second sentence I wrote?
    And my cruelty extended to calling people ugly and stupid as a teenager, and most people I knew then, the same.  Never did I think to call someone a "rapest" or to throw their dead brother in their face in an attempt to goad them because I was a little bitch.  Sorry, she crossed lines I think I can say I never even would have thought of existing at that age.  This kid found his older brother's body hanging from a tree, can you even imagine what that must have done to him?  I agree with Neener that he was probably fucked up from the start, but to say go hang out with him (which I took to mean a) go kill yourself and b) haha your brother is dead "rapest")?  That girl was a victim in the beating no doubt, but to paint her as innocent in this?  Fuck that.

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=24661.msg1635276#msg1635276 date=1275014563]
    OKKKK!!  I get it, I have read it 1202083 times that no one is saying she deserved it.  Sorry for my choice of wording.  But I just disagree with the argument that she should have known better.  Yes, she shouldn't have said that.  Of course not.  She's 15 years old.  Kids don't think of that shit like US as adults do.  He had plenty of time to calm down before he rode his bike three miles to beat her skull in.  He was saying dumb shit, she was saying dumb shit and in result, something terrible happened.  Can we all just agree on that, at least? 
    [/quote]
    How do you not know better?  If you're 15 and you think that shit is ok, there's something wrong with your brain development.[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24661.msg1635292#msg1635292 date=1275015231]
    [/quote]
    He said something about her dad.  Not her dead dad.  She specifically mentioned the fact that his brother was dead and tried to throw that in his face.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=24661.msg1635456#msg1635456 date=1275046062]
    How do you not know better?  If you're 15 and you think that shit is ok, there's something wrong with your brain development.He said something about her dad.  Not her dead dad.  She specifically mentioned the fact that his brother was dead and tried to throw that in his face.
    [/quote]

I am not saying she is innocent either.  She obviously said some fucked up shit.  Maybe something is wrong with her brain development.  I don't think she knew the extent of what happened with her brother, just that he had died.  I don't think she knew that he had found him.  These two knew barely anything about eachother.  She knew that he was older and trying to date a 14 year old and she was trying to protect her "friend". 

Maybe she thought he knew the dad was dead.  Maybe it stung her just like it stung him.  Just sayin

This Is why I dig psychology. I absolutely fascinates me how peoples minds work. (and in some cases dont) this dude had some issues and this little chick thought it was funny. I think that alot of kids in that situation wouldve shot back like she did (lord knows Ive said some fucked up shit to people) her biggest mistake was just watch who you say that shit to. Its not like it was when i was a kid. violence has run rampant in the past decade, to the point where you gotta be careful who you flip off in your car. I did it the other day and the guy followed me to a parking lot and tried to fight me. I had a taser and mase so it wasnt an issue, but how many kids do you know who carry shit like that to school?

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=24661.msg1635455#msg1635455 date=1275045933]
    Did you even read the second sentence I wrote?
    And my cruelty extended to calling people ugly and stupid as a teenager, and most people I knew then, the same.  Never did I think to call someone a "rapest" or to throw their dead brother in their face in an attempt to goad them because I was a little bitch.  Sorry, she crossed lines I think I can say I never even would have thought of existing at that age.  This kid found his older brother's body hanging from a tree, can you even imagine what that must have done to him?  I agree with Neener that he was probably fucked up from the start, but to say go hang out with him (which I took to mean a) go kill yourself and b) haha your brother is dead "rapest")?  That girl was a victim in the beating no doubt, but to paint her as innocent in this?  Fuck that.
    [/quote]

I disagree. She didn't even know him, she was sending stupid texts to someone she didn't know, trying to protect a friend. Even in the texts, he was the aggressor. I don't care if she had said "go hang out with your dead brother in the forest where you found him hanging and perfom some oral sex on him while you're at it." I don't care if she danced on his brother's grave in front of him. If a 15 year old can't handle mean impersonal texts from someone he doesn't know and has to respond by finding her and kicking her head in with steel toed boots HOURS LATER, he is the one who crossed the line. Kids are mean, it's the way it is. I was bullied terribly and although I didn't have a dead brother to make fun of, kids still said horrible shit to me. Guess what? I never kicked any of their heads in with steel toed boots.
    born to be down

Pardon me, I'd like to interject that telling someone to go suicide like their brother whose body they found is obviously not an impersonal attack. :-D

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=24661.msg1635679#msg1635679 date=1275074411]
    Pardon me, I'd like to interject that telling someone to go suicide like their brother whose body they found is obviously not an impersonal attack. :-D
    [/quote]

He couldn't even put a face to her name. She said "go hang out with your brother" AFTER his comment about her dead father. Josie probably got the dead brother ammunition from Wayne Treacy's precious 13 year old girlfriend. Sticks and stones, man.
    born to be down

Basically, the way it works is that they were both old enough to understand their actions or neither of them could predict the consequences.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I saw a lot of vicious, violent beat downs over way more trivial shit go down at 14-15. Kids don't realy have a full grasp on mortality. It doesn't excuse them but it is an argument in favor of taking age and potential emotional development into consideration.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=24661.msg1630050#msg1630050 date=1274473691]
    It is not going to be the prosecutor's job to find those conversations or proof of them. That will be the defense's position. I'm guessing they're going to offer a not guilty by mental defect excuse. And if they have the text, they will have some strength behind their argument that he was not in the right state of mind.

Prosecution can argue that he had a history of violence and is not safe on the streets.

And so on.

The real factor will be his age, in the end. Was he acting with malicious intent or with the hormonal misconception of immortality teenagers possess?
    [/quote]

This could vary from state to state but it's generally the state's responsibility to prove he's guilty. They have the burden of proof, not the defense if that makes sense.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=24661.msg1635914#msg1635914 date=1275102520]
    This could vary from state to state but it's generally the state's responsibility to prove he's guilty. They have the burden of proof, not the defense if that makes sense.
    [/quote]
    Right, that's why it would be the defense's job to bring the texts into a light that make it look like he was pushed. The prosecution will focus on the actual crime at hand.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=24661.msg1635929#msg1635929 date=1275108519]
    Right, that's why it would be the defense's job to bring the texts into a light that make it look like he was pushed. The prosecution will focus on the actual crime at hand.
    [/quote]

I guess I misunderstood you. Thought you were saying that the burden of proof would be on the defense with the evidence.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=soultosqueeze link=topic=24661.msg1635474#msg1635474 date=1275054133]
    I am not saying she is innocent either.  She obviously said some fucked up shit.  Maybe something is wrong with her brain development.  I don't think she knew the extent of what happened with her brother, just that he had died.  I don't think she knew that he had found him.  These two knew barely anything about eachother.  She knew that he was older and trying to date a 14 year old and she was trying to protect her "friend". 

Maybe she thought he knew the dad was dead.  Maybe it stung her just like it stung him.  Just sayin
    [/quote]
    You're trying to paint her as innocent.  She wasn't trying to protect her friend, she was trying to start shit.  If she knew he was dead, common sense would probably say don't mention him.  And he barely knew anything about her, but for someone who barely knew anything about him, she sure had a lot to say.

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=24661.msg1635626#msg1635626 date=1275071900]
    I disagree. She didn't even know him, she was sending stupid texts to someone she didn't know, trying to protect a friend. Even in the texts, he was the aggressor. I don't care if she had said "go hang out with your dead brother in the forest where you found him hanging and perfom some oral sex on him while you're at it." I don't care if she danced on his brother's grave in front of him. If a 15 year old can't handle mean impersonal texts from someone he doesn't know and has to respond by finding her and kicking her head in with steel toed boots HOURS LATER, he is the one who crossed the line. Kids are mean, it's the way it is. I was bullied terribly and although I didn't have a dead brother to make fun of, kids still said horrible shit to me. Guess what? I never kicked any of their heads in with steel toed boots.
    [/quote]
    Right.  Where am I defending him?  I said she's not innocent.  I hold firm to that.  That girl was NOT trying to protect anyone.  I also said she obviously didn't deserve what happened, and that he clearly is fucked up.  But both of them crossed lines.  And she was clearly an instigator in the texts initially.  If she was trying to "protect" her friend, why did she let her friend use her cell phone to text him to make plans.

Thread Information