Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayne Treacy (15) allegedly beat Josie Ratley (15) until she was comatose.

Re: Wayne Treacy (15) allegedly beat Josie Ratley (15) until she was comatose.

[quote author=GirlLoveWarrior link=topic=24661.msg1657267#msg1657267 date=1277691691]

[/quote]

woops. messed up dem quotes
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

I'd have to hear the way he actually said that before judging if he was trying to be an ass or not. I could see it being like a "Yeah, jackass, you beat her so bad now all she does is cry. Fucker." type comment, too, depending on tone vs. it being a "Haha you got her, didn't you?"
    But maybe that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=24661.msg1657270#msg1657270 date=1277692030]I'd have to hear the way he actually said that before judging if he was trying to be an ass or not. I could see it being like a "Yeah, jackass, you beat her so bad now all she does is cry. Fucker." type comment, too, depending on tone vs. it being a "Haha you got her, didn't you?"
    But maybe that's just me. [/quote]

I dunno, the article says [the stepfather] "struggles to control his own anger" [when he makes that comment] so I'm assuming they took "tone" into consideration.  Of course you know what they say about ASSumptions...

He chides Wayne about losing his temper and then struggles to control his own anger when he says "she's not giggling now, is she?"  He sounds like an asshole to me.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=24661.msg1657275#msg1657275 date=1277692392]
    I dunno, the article says [the stepfather] "struggles to control his own anger" [when he makes that comment] so I'm assuming they took "tone" into consideration.  Of course you know what they say about ASSumptions...

He chides Wayne about losing his temper and then struggles to control his own anger when he says "she's not giggling now, is she?"  He sounds like an asshole to me.
    [/quote]even if he was "struggling to control his own anger" when he said it, they're not mind readers and can't know what he was angry about. He probably is an asshole. I like to think that if, God forbid, one of my children committed suicide and another of my children was taking it especially hard, I'd have that child in therapy and be monitoring them closely enough that they wouldn't, oh, say, go off and almost beat a girl to death over a cunty comment she made in a text message. I realize it's much harder to control a teen than a younger child, but the parent is still the adult in the situation and needs to do their best to step in and care for their child when things aren't going well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

It's not really that surprising that people raised by stupid, angry adults become stupid and angry.

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=24661.msg1657270#msg1657270 date=1277692030]
    I'd have to hear the way he actually said that before judging if he was trying to be an ass or not. I could see it being like a "Yeah, jackass, you beat her so bad now all she does is cry. Fucker." type comment, too, depending on tone vs. it being a "Haha you got her, didn't you?"
    But maybe that's just me.
    [/quote]

I think they still have the audio up, and it sounds like he's being an ass. He then follows it up with how much he hates josie and her mom.
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

Wayne Treacy asks judge to set bail in teen beating case
    Lawyer argues client, too young for a life sentence, is entitled to bail

By Rafael A. Olmeda, Sun Sentinel

5:37 p.m. EDT, June 24, 2010

FORT LAUDERDALE —
    A U.S. Supreme Court ruling that juveniles who do not commit murder cannot be sentenced to life terms makes Wayne Treacy entitled to bail, his lawyer argues in a motion filed Thursday.

Treacy, 15, is charged as an adult with first-degree attempted murder in the March 17 beating of teenager Josie Lou Ratley and has been held at the Broward Main Jail without bail since he was transferred from juvenile detention in April.

At the time he was arrested, Treacy's first-degree attempted murder charge carried a maximum penalty of life in prison, and defendants in such cases are not legally entitled to bail.

Have your say. Be sure to comment on this story below.

However, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in May that juveniles who do not commit murder cannot be sentenced to life terms without possibility of parole.

Attorney Russell Williams, seizing on that decision, is arguing that Treacy no longer faces a life sentence and is asking Broward Circuit Judge David Haimes to set a reasonable bail. The judge set a court date of July 1 to hear arguments from both sides.

Treacy admits bicycling three miles from his home to Deerfield Beach Middle to confront Ratley, 15, after a contentious text message exchange that resulted in a message from her phone that told him to "go visit" his dead brother, who committed suicide.

While Treacy denies intending to harm her physically, he sent text messages to two friends threatening to kill Ratley once he caught up with her.

When another friend, Kayla Manson, 13, pointed Ratley out at a campus bus stop, Treacy approached the 15-year-old, knocked her to the ground and stomped on her head with his steel-toe boots. Manson, who is charged as an accomplice, says she did not know Treacy would become violent.

Williams has said he is preparing an insanity defense for his client, who — according to a court-appointed psychologist — suffers from post traumatic stress disorder as a result of his older brother's suicide in October.

Even if a judge were to grant bail, Williams concedes it would be difficult for his family to afford to post it.

Assistant State Attorney Maria Schneider said she believes Treacy is not entitled to bail. She said she is prepared to argue that the severity of the crime, and its legal classification as a life felony under Florida law, have not changed just because the maximum penalty has been invalidated.

Ratley was hospitalized for six weeks after the attack, spending much of that time in a medically induced coma. She is now recovering at home. Doctors have said she suffers brain damage and must relearn basic skills.

Numerous groups and individuals have held fundraisers to help pay for Ratley's medical and living expenses. The next one, "Let's Break the Cycle: A Ride for Josie," is scheduled for Sunday, June 27. Bicyclists who participate can choose a 33-mile or a 65-mile course starting at The Cove restaurant, 1756 SE Third Court in Deerfield Beach. Activities are scheduled to begin at 7 a.m.

Ratley's mother, Hilda Gotay, is tentatively scheduled to speak.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-treacy-bail-request-20100624,0,6376523.story

[quote author=GirlLoveWarrior link=topic=24661.msg1657548#msg1657548 date=1277744405]
    I think they still have the audio up, and it sounds like he's being an ass. He then follows it up with how much he hates josie and her mom.
    [/quote]

Here is a link to the audio where the stepfather said this. I remember reading about the "she ain't giggling now is she?" part
    but didn't realize after that he said something to the effect of "I have so much hatred toward her & her mother, more than you
    did the day this happened". It was hard to hear very well what they were saying at times.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/deerfield/sfl-wayne-treacy-phone-calls-mp3,0,3687617.mp3file

[quote author=lostlilgirl link=topic=24661.msg1658542#msg1658542 date=1277857314]
    Here is a link to the audio where the stepfather said this. I remember reading about the "she ain't giggling now is she?" part
    but didn't realize after that he said something to the effect of "I have so much hatred toward her & her mother, more than you
    did the day this happened". It was hard to hear very well what they were saying at times.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/deerfield/sfl-wayne-treacy-phone-calls-mp3,0,3687617.mp3file[/quote]

Okay, so I guess that answers that question.  Asshole it is... 
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

[quote author=lostlilgirl link=topic=24661.msg1658542#msg1658542 date=1277857314]

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/deerfield/sfl-wayne-treacy-phone-calls-mp3,0,3687617.mp3file
    [/quote]

How dare he be angry at Josie and her mother. Maybe the reason his child reacts that way is because he never taught him personal responsibility. Piece of shit.
    You are responsible for your emotions and reactions.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=24661.msg1658685#msg1658685 date=1277868429]
    How dare he be angry at Josie and her mother. Maybe the reason his child reacts that way is because he never taught him personal responsibility. Piece of shit.
    [/quote]
    Displaced anger isn't uncommon.  His (step)son is in jail right now because of his (completely wrong) reaction to something that Josie instigated.  I'm starting to think I'm completely wrong reading this thread because he sounds to me like someone who made an inappropriate comment, but he said it because he cares about his son.  Was he right in saying it?  No.  Do I think he seemed like a piece of trash?  No.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=24661.msg1658685#msg1658685 date=1277868429]
    [/quote]

Meh, she's responsible for her texts and hasn't been taught how to respect others either.

If my kid was going to be tried for attempted murder because she kicked the shit out of some little asshole that was shit talking in text I'd hate them, too. Has anyone on that side at any time ever accepted any responsibility for her shit talking? Nah, they say omg she would have never done such a thing.  :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24661.msg1661313#msg1661313 date=1278198154]
    Meh, she's responsible for her texts and hasn't been taught how to respect others either.

If my kid was going to be tried for attempted murder because she kicked the shit out of some little asshole that was shit talking in text I'd hate them, too. Has anyone on that side at any time ever accepted any responsibility for her shit talking? Nah, they say omg she would have never done such a thing.  :roll:
    [/quote]

I would assume you would be horrified if your child stomped someone half to death and would question your parenting that they ever got to that point. I think Wayne is very much a product of his environment and I feel this is an example of why he did what he did.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=24661.msg1661394#msg1661394 date=1278205774]
    I would assume you would be horrified if your child stomped someone half to death and would question your parenting that they ever got to that point. I think Wayne is very much a product of his environment and I feel this is an example of why he did what he did.
    [/quote]

Questioning your parenting is ridic, as I've gone into so many times before. I have three kids, all raised by me, all very, very different. It's not about nurture in my opinion.

I don't know why some think this is all his fault. I can't work up much sympathy for her at all, and I don't expect everyone to be like that, but damn, she started the whole thing.

I'll never be able to see her as the huge sympathetic figure others seem to because of the whole bully thing. If this kid would have killed himself half this board and the world would be all this over this girl, saying what a little bitch she is.

So next time there is a bullying death on the board stop and think about how you would feel if the 'victim' had stomped the shit out of the bully instead of killing him/herself.

You just can't have it both ways and sway whichever way the wind blows with your sympathy and outrage. A bully is a bully and sometimes they get what they deserve.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24661.msg1661398#msg1661398 date=1278206264]
    Questioning your parenting is ridic, as I've gone into so many times before. I have three kids, all raised by me, all very, very different. It's not about nurture in my opinion.

I don't know why some think this is all his fault. I can't work up much sympathy for her at all, and I don't expect everyone to be like that, but damn, she started the whole thing.

I'll never be able to see her as the huge sympathetic figure others seem to because of the whole bully thing. If this kid would have killed himself half this board and the world would be all this over this girl, saying what a little bitch she is.

So next time there is a bullying death on the board stop and think about how you would feel if the 'victim' had stomped the shit out of the bully instead of killing him/herself.

You just can't have it both ways and sway whichever way the wind blows with your sympathy and outrage. A bully is a bully and sometimes they get what they deserve.
    [/quote]

Yeah, not going to agree with you. And I don't think questioning your parenting when something like this happens is ridiculous. Maybe that's why so many kids don't feel responsible for their actions. Because parents are like, "Meh. I tried but it's not my fault. Everyone is their own person."

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=24661.msg1661435#msg1661435 date=1278212272]
    Yeah, not going to agree with you. And I don't think questioning your parenting when something like this happens is ridiculous. Maybe that's why so many kids don't feel responsible for their actions. Because parents are like, "Meh. I tried but it's not my fault. Everyone is their own person."
    [/quote]

What? Kids don't feel responsible for their actions because the parents won't take the blame? What?

You don't have to agree. I don't expect you to. This case isn't important in my life, just like all the cases here. It's my opinion and doesn't matter, just like yours doesn't. We're here to discuss not agree.

Treacy is denied bail in Deerfield teen beating case

A Broward circuit judge denied bail for Wayne Treacy on Thursday, July 1, 2010. (Mike Stocker/ Sun Sentinel / July 1, 2010)

By Tonya Alanez and Rafael A. Olmeda, Sun Sentinel

8:41 p.m. EDT, July 1, 2010

FORT LAUDERDALE —
    Wayne Treacy, 15, charged with attempted first-degree murder in a savage attack on a teenage girl, heard his request to be freed on bond refused Thursday by a Broward judge.

Treacy's lawyer contended a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision banning life imprisonment for juveniles convicted of anything short of homicide meant Treacy was entitled to be released on bond.

State prosecutor Maria Schneider said the alleged offense is so severe that Treacy must remain locked up until trial.

Circuit Judge David Haimes came down on Schneider's side. "Quite frankly, I think it's close, but I do agree with the state," he said.

Treacy stared into the distance. His stepfather stormed out of the courtroom. The boy's lawyer said he would appeal.

Charged as an adult, Treacy is accused of donning steel-toe boots March 17 and stomping and kicking Josie Lou Ratley, 15, into unconsciousness.

Ratley spent much of her six-week hospitalization in a medically induced coma and suffers from brain damage.

Since being held without bail at the Main Jail, Treacy's look has changed dramatically. Now thinner, wearing wire-rim glasses and his mop top shorn, he looks less defiant, more vulnerable.

Because attempted first-degree murder is punishable by a maximum life sentence, it does not carry entitlement to bail. But in May, the Supreme Court banned giving juveniles a life term with no chance for parole if they haven't killed someone.

Seizing on that ruling, attorney Russell Williams argued that because Treacy no longer can be punished by life in prison, he should be granted reasonable bail.

Schneider disagreed, saying bail is based on the charge, not the possible sentence.

"Offenses are classified upon the severity of the offense and not the possible outcome," she said.

Haimes sided with the state, and Treacy will return to jail until trial, barring a reversal by the 4th District Court of Appeal in West Palm Beach.

Treacy has conceded he rode a bicycle to Deerfield Beach Middle School to confront Ratley after receiving a text message from her phone telling him to "go visit" his dead brother.

His older brother's body was found hanging from a tree in front of a church in October.

Treacy has told psychologist Michael Brannon that when he received that hurtful text message "an explosion went off inside" and he put on his brother's pants, shirt and steel-toe boots and set off, Brannon testified Thursday.

Treacy suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of the suicide, Brannon said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/deerfield/fl-treacy-bail-request-20100701,0,2192618.story

Photo that was with the article below:

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

i dont understand why some of you lack sympathy for this girl.  im stunned.  even wayne admitted that what she said wasnt that bad, and she didnt deserve what he did to her.  jesus.  she's a kid.  she said a mean thing.  that in no way justifies what he did.  he stomped on her head with steel toed boots, for fucks sake.  :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24661.msg1661538#msg1661538 date=1278247051]
    i dont understand why some of you lack sympathy for this girl.  im stunned.  even wayne admitted that what she said wasnt that bad, and she didnt deserve what he did to her.  jesus.  she's a kid.  she said a mean thing.  that in no way justifies what he did.  he stomped on her head with steel toed boots, for fucks sake.  :|
    [/quote]

Well said.

+1

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24661.msg1661538#msg1661538 date=1278247051]
    [/quote]

I totally agree, and I don't see what she did as bullying.  I DO think this kid is a product of his environment and yes I think his family is trash.  What the step dad said is indicative of why I think Wayne reacted the way he did.

I see him as the dirty little boy with the ill-fitting clothes who has never had a break in his life. I'm all about the underdog.

It's just sad all the way around.  Both of them are children.  Both of them will never live a normal life from here on out.  Both are products of their upbringing (at least to some extent).

She seems a bit unwise and he clearly has anger issues.  And in my opinion, if the step-father is saying crap like that when he KNOWS it's being recorded, you have to wonder how he REALLY feels and what he would say behind closed doors.  I find it chilling. 

I don't get the bully feeling off of her.  I think she was trying to defend a friend and made some seriously bad choices in how she did that.  Clearly he's not some fading wallflower victim.  In addition, how do you truly bully someone you don't even know? 

Whatever the case, she is paying a high price for some poorly chosen words.  He also will pay a high price for not controlling his temper. Sad.

[/quote]
    NOBODY has said what he did was justified.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24661.msg1661572#msg1661572 date=1278255226]
    I see him as the dirty little boy with the ill-fitting clothes who has never had a break in his life. I'm all about the underdog.
    [/quote]

I agree with this too, the comment by the step father actually made me feel a wee bit sorry for Wayne, I see more poignantly than ever just WHY he felt in that moment his actions were appropriate and why he never stood a chance.

Thread Information