Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shantina Smiley and her 8-year-old son vanished March 13, 2010

Re: Shantina Smiley and her 8-year-old son vanished March 13, 2010

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24602.msg1574897#msg1574897 date=1269504533]
    If they hadn't found the son, I wouldn't think it was as weird.  You would think though that if they went into the water together, they would surface relatively close?
    [/quote]
    Their difference in body weight might have something to do with it. I mean, I don't know a whole lot about this stuff... but I would assume that it would.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

From Shantina's local paper yesterday:

[size=11pt]Investigators 'Following up Leads' in Case of Missing Silverdale Woman[/size]

Kitsap Sun staff&nbsp; &nbsp; * Posted March 23, 2010 at 7:40 a.m.

OLYMPIA — Thurston County Sheriff's detectives are still &quot;following up leads&quot; in an effort to find Shantina Smiley, but are not conducting any searches for the missing Silverdale woman.

Detective Lt. Chris Mealy said Monday that investigators are working on several tips that have come into their office. But there's still no sign of Smiley, 29, who disappeared March 13.

Smiley and her 8-year-old son, Azriel Carver, were headed from Silverdale to her stepfather’s house in Castle Rock when they vanished. The van she was driving, found the next day, was abandoned and partially submerged in water on a remote Puget Sound beach north of Olympia.

Carver's body was found Thursday on a beach on the south end of Fox Island, near Gig Harbor. The boy's death was found to be an accidental drowning.

Mealy asks anybody who has information to call the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office at (360) 786-5530, or their local law enforcement at 911.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/mar/23/investigators-following-leads-case-missing-silverd/?partner=popular#ixzz0jCIL8x04
    Websleuths has over 40 pages (spread over 3 threads) on this.&nbsp; :-o&nbsp; I am currently reading that to see if there is any interesting info we have missed.

One thing I have read in the Seattle Times is that her van was found BACKED IN on the spit as if maybe she tried to turn around.&nbsp;

&lt;snip&gt;
    Smiley called her grandfather about 10 p.m. from a house to say she was lost, but OK. She also said she'd been in an accident. Simmons (Shantina's fiance) said when he saw the van it had just a little damage to a bumper.

Smiley apparently took a wrong turn on a back road west of Olympia, Chamberlain said. She stopped to get directions, but apparently took another wrong turn.

He said she might have backed into the water while turning around and got the van stuck, but he doesn't know why she'd drive off a paved road to the beach.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Simmons said it appeared the van was backed into the water. The doors were open.[/glow]
    &lt;snip&gt;
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011351454_missing16m.html

This is curiouser and curiouser as Alice said.&nbsp;
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Olivia I think I did read his COD was accidental drowning.

I can also see her backing into the water while trying to turn around, especially if she was drunk.

I think she must be in the water somewhere and just hasn't been found yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24602.msg1575217#msg1575217 date=1269538987]
    Olivia I think I did read his COD was accidental drowning.

I can also see her backing into the water while trying to turn around, especially if she was drunk.

I think she must be in the water somewhere and just hasn't been found yet.
    [/quote]

Correct.&nbsp; They are still awaiting tox screening results though.

&lt;snip&gt;

The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy and determined the boy drowned and ruled his death accidental. A toxicology report will be conducted, which is standard procedure.

“There’s no signs of violence to the body,” Stines said after receiving a report from investigators present during the autopsy. She declined to elaborate.

&lt;snip&gt;

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/18/1176982_p2/body-of-child-washes-up-on-shores.html#ixzz0jEGVDdUN
    This article also addresses/clarifies some of the CPS visits.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I live in Kitsap County, so I hear a lot of stuff about this strange case.&nbsp; Currently they have called off search efforts for the mom.&nbsp; It was posted on the newspaper website, but it seems they have taken the article down. Maybe they got the info wrong. I don't know what to believe, if she is dead or not.&nbsp; One thing you have to understand though is where they went missing in puget sound is like a huge current.&nbsp; They found Azriel 16 miles away on an island beach.&nbsp; It's hard to say her body will ever turn up. There's a decent map (third thumbnail in) of the area.
    http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/1...ilverdale.html

And to answer the question about who would call 911 on a stuck van...Here that's the ONLY way to get ahold of police.&nbsp; 911 fields all calls, non-emergency and emergency.
    Lurker checking in.

Haven't seen anything on this in a little over a week... anyone heard anything to date regarding the mother? I looked around, but nothing I've found has been updated since March as well.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/fianc...morial-service

Fiance Robb Simmons plans memorial service in Brinnon April 17;

Still maintains slim hope that missing Washington woman , 29,&nbsp; may be found alive

No Clues in Case of Missing&nbsp; WA Mom, Son

Boy's Death Ruled Accident;&nbsp; History of CPS Probes

While&nbsp; holding out slim hope that the missing Silverdale , WA mother is still alive,&nbsp; Shantina Smiley's fiance Robb Simmons is planning a memorial service with friends and relatives this month to honor her memory.&nbsp;

Smiley's eight year old son Azriel Carver's remains were found on Fox Island in March.

The service will take place this April 17 in Brinnon,&nbsp; he has told area press.&nbsp;

Law Enforcement officials in Thurston County&nbsp; say they have no further leads in the case.&nbsp;

They are open to possibilities, but are working on the assumption that Smiley and her child were parked in the van&nbsp; at low tide along the shore,&nbsp; fell asleep,&nbsp; and&nbsp; were later surprised and swept away in the high tide while attempting to exit the vehicle.

&nbsp; This was confirmed by Lt. Chris Mealy, spokesman for the investigation headed by Thurston County's Sheriff's Office.&nbsp;

No leads,&nbsp; but questions remain for family

Smiley,&nbsp; 29,&nbsp; went missing on March 13,&nbsp; along with her eight year old son ,&nbsp; Azriel Carver,&nbsp; when the two embarked on a road trip to visit family for an overnight stay&nbsp; in the&nbsp; Castlerock area.&nbsp;

Smiley became lost in the Olympia area,&nbsp; between her Silverdale home and Castlerock.

County officials had called the disappearance of the pair &quot;highly suspicious&quot;.&nbsp;

Her partly submerged minivan was found on the shore of Olympia in Puget Sound on March 14,&nbsp; and the child's remains were found washed ashore on March 18 on Fox Island, some 16 nautical miles from the site where the van was found.&nbsp;

An autopsy ruled that the boy had died of accidental drowning.&nbsp; The 29 year old mother's body never surfaced, and she remains missing, though presumed deceased.&nbsp;

&nbsp; &nbsp; “At this point I still have all the hope in the world that she will turn up alive, I cannot do anything else,” Smiley’s fiance Robb Simmons, wrote in an e-mail to the Kitsap Sun.

&nbsp; &nbsp; But he said it was also appropriate to hold a service.

&nbsp; &nbsp; “The 17th will have been over 30 days, and if she has passed on, then that just seems that it would be the right thing to do,” Simmons wrote.

Source: kitsapsun.com

A prior service was held for eight year old Azriel in Brinnon,&nbsp; on the afternoon of March 24,&nbsp; at the Community Church.

The disappearance of Smiley and Carver had captured national media attention,&nbsp; especially when reports surfaced that she was a relapsed alcoholic,&nbsp; and surveillance footage showed her buying a 1.5 L bottle of wine.&nbsp;

The bottle, half-empty, later washed ashore, along with the child's ball and asthma inhaler, and some mismatched shoes.&nbsp;

Reports surfaced that Child Protective Services had investigated Smiley and a live in boyfriend in past incidents.&nbsp;

Smiley's family said she had returned to college, obtained honors and medical coding work, and was preparing to be a Cub Scout leader and wife.&nbsp; They have no idea why her movements became erratic and confused on the road trip.&nbsp;

Anyone with information can call the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office at (360) 786-5530
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

I think it'd be the not knowing that would kill me either way.

Thanks for the update.&nbsp; :-)

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

i'm still angry that her parents named her shantina. SHANTINA.&nbsp; :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

The theory of them being parked there and falling asleep doesn't make sense, since high tide was up 13.4 feet at 8:41pm before they got there?&nbsp; :?

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Olivia

So it's been almost&nbsp; 4 months and still no body??

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24602.msg1590933#msg1590933 date=1270776702]
    http://www.nowpublic.com/world/fianc...morial-service

Fiance Robb Simmons plans memorial service in Brinnon April 17;

Still maintains slim hope that missing Washington woman , 29,&nbsp; &nbsp;may be found alive

No Clues in Case of Missing&nbsp; WA Mom, Son

Boy's Death Ruled Accident;&nbsp; History of CPS Probes

While&nbsp; holding out slim hope that the missing Silverdale , WA mother is still alive,&nbsp; Shantina Smiley's fiance Robb Simmons is planning a memorial service with friends and relatives this month to honor her memory.&nbsp;

Smiley's eight year old son Azriel Carver's remains were found on Fox Island in March.

The service will take place this April 17 in Brinnon,&nbsp; he has told area press.&nbsp;

Law Enforcement officials in Thurston County&nbsp; say they have no further leads in the case.&nbsp;

They are open to possibilities, but are working on the assumption that Smiley and her child were parked in the van&nbsp; at low tide along the shore,&nbsp; fell asleep,&nbsp; and&nbsp; were later surprised and swept away in the high tide while attempting to exit the vehicle.

&nbsp; This was confirmed by Lt. Chris Mealy, spokesman for the investigation headed by Thurston County's Sheriff's Office.&nbsp; &nbsp;

No leads,&nbsp; but questions remain for family

Smiley,&nbsp; 29,&nbsp; went missing on March 13,&nbsp; along with her eight year old son ,&nbsp; Azriel Carver,&nbsp; when the two embarked on a road trip to visit family for an overnight stay&nbsp; in the&nbsp; Castlerock area.&nbsp;

Smiley became lost in the Olympia area,&nbsp; between her Silverdale home and Castlerock.

County officials had called the disappearance of the pair &quot;highly suspicious&quot;.&nbsp;

Her partly submerged minivan was found on the shore of Olympia in Puget Sound on March 14,&nbsp; and the child's remains were found washed ashore on March 18 on Fox Island, some 16 nautical miles from the site where the van was found.&nbsp;

An autopsy ruled that the boy had died of accidental drowning.&nbsp; The 29 year old mother's body never surfaced, and she remains missing, though presumed deceased.&nbsp;

&nbsp; &nbsp; “At this point I still have all the hope in the world that she will turn up alive, I cannot do anything else,” Smiley’s fiance Robb Simmons, wrote in an e-mail to the Kitsap Sun.

&nbsp; &nbsp; But he said it was also appropriate to hold a service.

&nbsp; &nbsp; “The 17th will have been over 30 days, and if she has passed on, then that just seems that it would be the right thing to do,” Simmons wrote.

Source: kitsapsun.com

A prior service was held for eight year old Azriel in Brinnon,&nbsp; on the afternoon of March 24,&nbsp; at the Community Church.

The disappearance of Smiley and Carver had captured national media attention,&nbsp; especially when reports surfaced that she was a relapsed alcoholic,&nbsp; and surveillance footage showed her buying a 1.5 L bottle of wine.&nbsp;

The bottle, half-empty, later washed ashore, along with the child's ball and asthma inhaler, and some mismatched shoes.&nbsp;

Reports surfaced that Child Protective Services had investigated Smiley and a live in boyfriend in past incidents.&nbsp;

Smiley's family said she had returned to college, obtained honors and medical coding work, and was preparing to be a Cub Scout leader and wife.&nbsp; They have no idea why her movements became erratic and confused on the road trip.&nbsp;

Anyone with information can call the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office at (360) 786-5530
    [/quote]

i know this is a few months old but it contains more info on the memorial service.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m4d19-Shantina-Smiley-Still-missing-family-holds-memorial-service-Saturday-fiance-still-holds-out-hope

April 19, 2010 - “Shantina made my life complete,” Robb Simmons, Shantina Smiley’s fiancé told Examiner.com Sunday. “She was taken from me and it was hard holding a memorial service for her when I still don’t know what’s happened to her.”

“I hope this is not good-bye,” Simmons said. “When you don’t have closure all you’re left with is hope.”

Shantina went missing Saturday, March 13. She planned to visit her step-father in Castle Rock, who she had not seen for years. The trip should have taken about two hours.

She forgot her cell phone and decided to stop in Olympia to call Simmons and to get her 8-year old son, Azriel, something to eat.

She had plans to meet up with Simmons at her step-father's house later that evening.&nbsp;

The next few hours turned out to be a series of events that have left police and Shantina’s family with more questions than answers.

“There are so many questions but there are zero answers. Everyone has a theory,” Simmons said. “There’s a three-hour time-span and no one can come up with a solid theory as to what happened to Shantina that night.”

She spent hours in Olympia, driving from one place to the next, her actions caught on store video. Her last stop was at the home of an elderly couple that gave her son a piece of pizza and gave Shantina directions back to the freeway.

It is a mystery why she went the complete opposite direction and ended up down a dark dirt road that led to a private beach.

“Something just doesn’t smell right,” Simmons said.

The next morning neighbors walking along the beach discovered Shantina's van partially submerged in the water and there was no sign of either Shantina or Azriel.

On March 17 items belonging to Shantina and Azriel showed up on the shore about 50 feet from the van.

Initially, it was believed the items floated out into the Sound and were washed up.

But Captain Chamberlain told Examiner.com he doesn’t believe that could have happened, and that the most likely scenario would be those items would have been in a backpack that the pair might have taken with them as they walked down the beach.

Simmons told Examiner.com Sunday he does not believe that theory because some of the items were not in the backpack but were loose in the van, including the ball that was found on shore on March 17. He said that ball had been rolling around on the floor of the van for weeks.

Simmons is hoping beyond hope that Shantina will still return to him alive. His family has been grieving the loss of Azriel, and now they try to make it from one day to the next, dealing with the unknown.

“I’m taking my kids to Seattle today to go for a walk at the Arboretum. I have to keep them busy. My son (DJ, 11) is the kind of person that will sit and dwell on something,” Simmons said. “This is the type of thing we would have done with Shantina and Azriel as a family. We miss them so much.”

Simmons said he believes investigators will be doing another dive this week in the waters of the Puget Sound, looking for Shantina or any clues into her disappearance. Police presume she drowned like her 8-year old son, Azriel.

“Shantina is a wonderful woman,” Simmons said. “I know people have said many things about her, not all good. But I believe people are allowed to change. We got together, talked about our past, worked on a future plan, stitched up that plan, and then made it even better. We planned to be together for the rest of our lives.”

When asked how he and his two children were coping, Simmons said, “The kids have a good network at school. My co-workers are very supportive. I’m trying to keep busy, to keep working on the plan we put together and still hoping she’ll come home.”

Simmons said this has been a very difficult time for both of his children. His daughter, Nicky, 15, was very close to Shantina and considered her a mom. She misses her terribly and said the two years she had with Shantina in her life were the best years of her life.

“The only way we’ll know what happened to her,” Simmons said, “is for her to show up or if someone comes forward.”

About 75 people attended the memorial service held at Brinnon Community Church.

and Olivia, i just can't wrap my head around this one. i'm split 50/50. part of me thinks she's dead and the other thinks she wanted to disappear.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Her ex says that she would never do anything to harm her son, but there have been multiple complaints and she was even driving drunk with her son. What kind of mother is she? My theory is: she was drunk to the point of falling down, and didn't know shit about where she was going, OBVIOUSLY. She either drowned the boy herself or was to drunk to know he needed help. She tried to get help (banging on neighbors house) when nobody responded she freaked out and took off. I believe she is still alive and well, probably even more drunk but more well off then her son.

RIP baby boy

I keep watching for updates on this. The only one I found was updated June 24th, 2010 at 11:56 am, still missing, but has a lot of info in a timeline type fashion.

http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/0...antina-smiley/

WHERE IS SHANTINA SMILEY?

It’s been more than three months since Shantina Smiley and her 8-year-old son Azriel Carver went missing off a beach in Washington State.&nbsp; Sadly, Azriel’s body was found shortly after they disappeared, but there’s been no sign of Shantina.&nbsp; I spoke with Lt. Chris Mealey from the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office this morning and he said, “It’s still an open case and if we get information we will move on it as quickly as we can.”&nbsp; He also said that the leads have fizzled out and there is a chance she went into the water with her son, but they have no official confirmation on that.

I confirmed with the Medical Examiner’s office in Tacoma that Azriel’s death is officially ruled an accident and drowning is the cause of death.&nbsp; The area where the child’s body was found is west of Tacoma, Washington, and about 12 miles from where he and his mom’s mini-van was found on a private beach.&nbsp; Azriel’s father flew in from Lancaster to help look for his son initially, and was near the location when Azriel was found.&nbsp; Several memorial services have been held on Grand Island in memory of the child and Shantina.

Police say Shantina and Azriel left their home in Silverdale, Washington around 5 p.m. on March 13, 2010 and were heading to her step-father’s home in Castle Rock. Shantina’s van was found early the next morning, abandoned near the North Gull Harbor, nowhere near her destination. Police say the doors were open, cash, license and a credit card were left inside, but Shantina’s purse was gone. The search continued for days to find the family. Robb Simmons, Shantina’s fiance, created a websitewith his timeline of events. Lt. Chris Mealey from the Thurston County Sheriff’s office told me investigators were initially focusing on a lead from a resident who claims someone was knocking at his door around 1 a.m. the morning after they went missing, but that lead turned into a dead end.

Lt. Mealey says his team has identified contents found on a beach. Some belong to Shantina and Azriel, and some do not. Lt. Mealey also mentions that they could have fallen out of the family mini-van because the doors and hatch were left open:

• Wine bottle (Shantina was seen purchasing this earlier in the night at the Handy Pantry around 7:55 p.m., it was found on the beach, half empty with the cap on it)

• Baseball (not identified)

• Orange ball (does belong to Azriel)

• Possibly a men’s shoe, size 13 (not identified)

• Asthma inhaler (belongs to Azriel)

• Two water bottles (unidentified)

• A woman or man’s shoe size, 9w (does belong to Shantina)

I spoke in length with Robb about Shantina. He says he and Shantina have been together for two and a half years, and they have a blended family. He has two children, and Shantina has Azriel. Robb and Shantina are both Cub Scout Leaders in the community, and active with their children. He says Shantina had a lot of exciting job interviews coming up, and they were looking forward to starting their life together as husband and wife. Robb said Shantina is a recovering alcoholic, and had a relapse last week, but he does not think the relapse contributed her disappearance. Robb says he is having some health problems, and that is what set Shantina over the edge.

This timeline is based off my conversation with Lt. Chris Mealey.

5 p.m.– Shantina and her son leave their home in Silverdale, Washington. Their destination was Castle Rock, Washington.

6:45 p.m.– Shantina stops off at an unknown location and calls her fiancé Robb Simmons. She tells him her cell phone was left at home, and she was hoping he could bring it with him on his way to Castle Rock later.

7:55 p.m.– Lt. Mealey says there is video of Shantina stopping off at the Handy Pantry, where she made a purchase and left.

9:08 p.m.– Shantina stops off at the Martin Way Diner and orders one corndog to go. This is odd because this is a sit down diner, not an establishment you order carry out from. Although she placed the corndog order, she did not pick it up. Instead, police say Shantina walked outside, tripped before getting into her van, and drove off with her son.

9:55 p.m.– Lt. Mealey says there is more surveillance video of Shantina stopping off at a local store on a rural county road. The store was closed, so she left.

10:00 p.m.– Shantina and her son stop off at a residence occupied by an elderly couple. She used the phone in the residence and called her grandfather to say she was lost, and there was an accident of sorts, but she did not elaborate. The elderly couple fed her son a slice of pizza and gave her directions to get back on the main road.

Shantina left the residence, and made a wrong turn. Somehow, she ended up about five miles away on an abandoned beach. When found, her mini-van doors were open, and it was stuck in the sand. It appears she drove far out, and tried to come back to the road. The van got stuck, and she left it there.

I confirmed that Shantina was employed with the Kitsap Medical Group in the billing department, and everyone is distraught that she is missing. Investigators are currently diving into her bank account and cell phone records. Investigators need your leads on this case.

If you have any information, please contact the Thurston Sheriff’s Office: 360-786-5500

Olivia

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-seattle/human-foot-found-on-whidbey-island-police-expand-search-of-missing-persons-outside-island-county

A human foot was found on Whidbey Island Friday - could it belong to Shantina Smiley who has been missing since March?

A vacationer found a human foot Friday morning on the east side of Central Whidbey Island. The Island County Sheriff's office has no missing persons fitting the description and are expanding their search to outside agencies.

The first missing person that comes to mind is Shantina Smiley who went missing last March (more details below.)

Shortly after Shantina and her son went missing items belonging to them washed up on shore in Puget Sound near Olympia.

One of the items was a shoe police said they believed belonged to Shantina.

Her son's body was found eight days after they went missing on Puget Sound's Fox Island.

While initial reports say the foot was likely in the water only two months, it also said the foot had no skin and that only muscle and tendon remained. It did not estimate when the foot detached from the person's body.

The foot has been sent for examination and DNA testing.

Lt. Chris Mealy of the Thurston County Sheriff's office told Examiner.com Saturday that DNA on Shantina was submitted to a national database.

DNA samples from the foot will also be sent to this national database where a match would be made if it did indeed belong to Shantina.

Over the past three years seven other feet were found on beaches in Puget Sound between Washington State and British Columbia. Each foot was encased in a shoe.

However, the foot found Saturday morning was not encased in a shoe.

Island County Sheriff's Department's Public Information Officer, Detective Ed Wallace,&nbsp; told Examiner.com in a phone interview Saturday that based on the size of the foot, it likely belonged to a woman or a 12-year-old child or older.

According to Wallace his department is checking with surrounding agencies as Island County doesn't have any missing persons cases fitting that time frame.

The Seattle PI reported that Coroner Robert Bishop said it's a mystery that will likely be solved with DNA testing, which means it could take quite a while.

He said the foot was disarticulated and there's no evidence to suggest it was purposely removed from the rest of the body.

A containment area was set up around the Cranes Landing area where the foot was found. They searched the area but found no other evidence.

Just days after Shantina Smiley went missing some items belonging to her and her son washed up on shore in Puget Sound near Olympia, Wash., close to where her vehicle was found.

One of the items was a shoe police said they believed belonged to Shantina.

Shantina Smiley has been missing since March 13.

Her 8-year-old son, Azriel Carver, was with her the night of her disappearance. His body washed up on Fox Island in Puget Sound eight days later.

Initial reports coming in about the discovered foot say police suspect it has been in the water for about two months. Shantina has been missing for five months.

When asked if he believes the foot might be Shantina’s, or if there has been any news in the case, her fiancé, Robb Simmons, told Examiner.com in an email Saturday morning, “No comment, no news”

Simmons told Examiner.com in mid-April, “Shantina made my life complete. She was taken from me and it was hard holding a memorial service for her when I still don’t know what happened to her. I hope this is not good-bye. When you don’t have closure all you’re left with is hope.” More &gt;&gt;

There has been much online speculation that Simmons had something to do with Shantina's disappearance.

However, Lt. Mealy said, &quot;He was a victim of circumstances. We do not believe he was involved.&nbsp; His alibi is strong, and we have every reason to believe he was not involved in Shantina's disappearance.&quot;

I used to live on whidbey when those feet were being found. The closest one to us was Orcas Island I think.&nbsp; So when I read about the foot, I thought that maybe, after being in the water so long, the shoe was just lost.&nbsp; Then I thought about shantina, too.&nbsp; I don't know much about the sound, but I don't think it's current goes like that, to make it possible.&nbsp; Then again, there is nothing to say that a bird didn't pick it up or something and then drop it...
    Lurker checking in.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24602.msg1705533#msg1705533 date=1283126707]
    http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-seattle/human-foot-found-on-whidbey-island-police-expand-search-of-missing-persons-outside-island-county

A human foot was found on Whidbey Island Friday - could it belong to Shantina Smiley who has been missing since March?[/quote]Well hopefully someone's family gets closure.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24602.msg1705533#msg1705533 date=1283126707]

Over the past three years seven other feet were found on beaches in Puget Sound between Washington State and British Columbia. Each foot was encased in a shoe.
    [/quote]

wtf&nbsp; Thats not normal, right?

[quote author=Hayalet link=topic=24602.msg1706069#msg1706069 date=1283201177]
    [/quote] :lol:

There is some speculation that the feet belong to bridge jumpers.&nbsp; I guess the bridge up there is notorious for people who want to end their own lives. I always wondered why they didn't find the other parts of the bodies though.&nbsp; The speculation comes from the one confirmed identity they have, a man who was known to be depressed and suicidal.&nbsp; So, I don't know....
    Lurker checking in.

[quote author=Hayalet link=topic=24602.msg1706069#msg1706069 date=1283201177]
    [/quote]

Of course it is. Now if it hadn't been found in a shoe, then it might be totally strange. j/k&nbsp; :lol:

:2huh:

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=14319.msg1706342#msg1706342

[quote author=YayMe link=topic=24602.msg1706356#msg1706356 date=1283227908]
    There is some speculation that the feet belong to bridge jumpers.&nbsp; I guess the bridge up there is notorious for people who want to end their own lives. I always wondered why they didn't find the other parts of the bodies though.&nbsp; The speculation comes from the one confirmed identity they have, a man who was known to be depressed and suicidal.&nbsp; So, I don't know....
    [/quote]

They must put nets on that bridge immediately!

[quote author=YayMe link=topic=24602.msg1706356#msg1706356 date=1283227908]
    [/quote]

I lived in the Puget Sound area for several years too (actually in Silverdale where Shantina lived) - what bridge are you speaking of?&nbsp;

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=24602.msg1706374#msg1706374 date=1283230367]
    I lived in the Puget Sound area for several years too (actually in Silverdale where Shantina lived) - what bridge are you speaking of?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

It's not a Washington bridge (Hey-I live in Bremerton!), I was talking about the 8 feet that washed up on shores, not specifically about Shantina.&nbsp; Although, Deception Pass has a lot of jumpers.&nbsp; I think the bridge I read about starts with a P.&nbsp; I'll look it up.

The Pattullo Bridge.
    Lurker checking in.

Thread Information