Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jennifer Kesse missing since January 24, 2006

This is one of the cases I would really love to see solved.

Thanks for all the updates, BWS!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This is one of the cases I would really love to see solved.

Thanks for all the updates, BWS!
    Me too. This one really gets to me.

I had some free time so I thought I'd check on updates.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-j...e-dna-evidence

Missing Jennifer Kesse's family holds out hope for possible DNA evidence

The Orlando Police Department (OPD) apparently claimed "that there wasn't ? any evidence or nothing of consequence with [her] car," said Gilmour, who recently published a book, "Aftermath of Jennifer Kesse's Abduction: An Uncle's Quest for Understanding & Inspiring Life Lessons."

"But after my sister and brother sued them and got the records from the OPD and had their own team comb through the records ? some 15-18,000 records ? it said that they collected DNA in the car, which they originally said that they did not," Gilmour explained.

The records obtained as a result of the Kesse family's lawsuit against OPD also included images of Kesse's vehicle, which had dust from the ongoing construction at her condo complex.

The images showed "signs of a struggle" against the hood of her car, he said.

"We were never aware of that either. So it's just, it's just disheartening," Gilmour explained of his family's frustrations with OPD.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement took over the case in November, and the change could allow for new testing of potential DNA evidence from Kesse's car that her family hopes still exists today. Though law enforcement has never confirmed that information to the family directly.

I wonder where her car is?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I was friends with her boyfriend in 2002 (not the bf at the time she disappeared) and she sounded like a wonderful person, just from the things he said years before her disappearance. I really hope her family gets some answers soon.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-j...e-dna-evidence

Missing Jennifer Kesse's family holds out hope for possible DNA evidence
    That is so frustrating to hear. If the car was maintained properly, there could potentially be some DNA for evidence. Of course, it doesn't sound like the police cared enough at the time to gather their own evidence.

I found this from an article earlier this year:

Only a fragment of a fingerprint and a single DNA fiber were found in the car, suggesting someone had wiped the vehicle down to remove any evidence.
    https://www.ranker.com/list/jennifer.../nathan-gibson

Quote Originally Posted by TankHill View Post
    I was friends with her boyfriend in 2002 (not the bf at the time she disappeared) and she sounded like a wonderful person, just from the things he said years before her disappearance. I really hope her family gets some answers soon.
    Me too, I really do wish there was some resolve.

WTF is with the Orlando Police Dept? They didn't seem to take any part of this case seriously.

WTF is with the Orlando Police Dept? They didn't seem to take any part of this case seriously.
    I think they blew it off from the beginning and thought it was no big deal. Then when they realized she truly was missing they just wanted to cover their asses.

I often think about her actual boyfriend at the time of her disappearance and wonder how you eventually get past that and what he is doing now.

Okay, I need to edit this bc my memory isn't as good as I thought. I just talked with my friend, and his girlfriend, also named Jennifer, wasn't Jennifer Kesse, but he did know her.

I think they blew it off from the beginning and thought it was no big deal. Then when they realized she truly was missing they just wanted to cover their asses.

I often think about her actual boyfriend at the time of her disappearance and wonder how you eventually get past that and what he is doing now.
    Right? That has to be so difficult to process and then try and continue on with your life. I hope the people he may have dated after were supportive of the trauma he would likely still be going through for years. Hopefully he's had a great therapist.

Thread Information