Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Kesse missing since January 24, 2006

Jennifer Kesse missing since January 24, 2006

http://www.myspace.com/jenniferkesse

Google earth may help find her remains.  After some one sent a tip in about a general location where she may be buried, someone used google earth's timeline photos to look for a possible burial spot. 

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2010/03/02/dig11.JPG

New effort made to find Jennifer Kesse

Six years later, Jennifer Kesse's disappearance remains unsolved, but her mother hasn't given up.

By RAY REYES | The Tampa Tribune
    Published: January 19, 2012
    TAMPA --
    When Jennifer Kesse vanished from her Orlando condominium nearly six years ago, her mother vowed not to rest until the mystery was solved and justice was done.

Joyce Kesse spearheaded the drive to raise reward money that at one point topped $1 million. She lobbied legislators and helped create a state law establishing standards for entering information about missing people into crime and other databases.

For years, she drove a gold Chevrolet Trailblazer she called "the Jen mobile." The vehicle was covered with photos of Jennifer Kesse and a phone number to call in tips.

"I'm not going to have my daughter in a shallow grave or in water somewhere for the rest of my life. That's just not in the cards," Joyce Kesse told The Tampa Tribune in 2008.

Six years later, Jennifer Kesse's disappearance remains unsolved, but her mother hasn't given up. Neither are police, who on Wednesday announced that a panel of law enforcement and crime experts has been created to review evidence in the case.

The task force's job is to "find that one needle in the haystack" in the mounds of evidence collected since Kesse, a Gaither High School graduate, vanished, Orlando Police Chief Paul Rooney said at a news conference.

Investigators found the 24-year-old's black 2004 Chevrolet Malibu at an apartment complex about a mile from her home, just south of the Orange Blossom Trail, on Jan. 24, 2006. Over the years, the trail went cold and several tips that seemed promising yielded nothing that would crack the case.

"We will never stop looking for answers," said Danny Banks of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "This cold case review allows numerous investigators to come together for the day, putting intensive focus on this investigation."

Joyce Kesse said the 19-member panel will give the investigation a "fresh pair of eyes." The task force includes criminal justice profilers, prosecutors and scientists, along with investigators who worked on the Kesse case.

Joyce Kesse said that her family, who vowed never to stop looking for her daughter, was "extremely grateful and appreciative" of investigators' efforts.

The $1 million reward expired in 2010. A $15,000 reward is still being offered.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...man-ar-349010/

They have released an age progression pic for Jennifer Kesse. She would be 33 now. I think it's a fail though, because other than her hair being a little different, she doesn't look that different from her actual photos from the time she went missing. Maybe they thought she already looked older than her actual age when she went missing, and wasn't going to age that much in 9 years due to that.

Wtf is up with her nose in the age progression?

http://www.wesh.com/news/police-give...years/37583782

Police give update on search for woman missing for nearly 10 years
    Police search for answers in Jennifer Kesse's disappearance

It's been nearly a decade since an Orlando woman disappeared, but police and her family haven't given up hope of finding her. Police offered an investigation update recently and her parents made yet another plea for help from the public.

Jennifer Kesse left her Conroy Road apartment in January 2006 and hasn't been heard from since. Investigators released new information in hopes of finding her.

Kesse's family continues to show strength in the face of anguish. She was only 24 years old when she did not show up for work in January 2006. Kesse's parents believe somebody knows what happened that morning and all they want is information that will lead them to her.

Many searches have been conducted over the years with no results. Authorities searched an area of South Florida last month, based on a tip.

Police said tips are still coming in 10 years later and they work on the case weekly, if not daily.

Items found in Kesse's car are being retested with the latest technology. Authorities are trying to identify the person who was seen walking from the area where her car was last seen.

Kesse's mother wonders if parents at the Huntington Green complex where the car was found would talk with children who might have been too young to come forward then but are young adults now.

"What might an impressionable young child, at that young age, have seen or heard while playing outside?" said Joyce Kesse.

Kesse's parents said the answer is out there, they just feel someone needs to come forward.

"It's so past time to have closure, and that's the hope that we have," Joyce Kesse said.

For the next week, billboards around the Orlando area will ask people to come forward with information about Kesse.

I remember this case. Wasn't she living in an apartment building that was going through reinovations (sp?) at the time of her disappearance? Then there was video of some guy dropping her car off somewhere?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I remember this case. Wasn't she living in an apartment building that was going through reinovations (sp?) at the time of her disappearance? Then there was video of some guy dropping her car off somewhere?
    From wiki

Jennifer Kesse was last seen on January 23, 2006, at approximately 6pm, leaving her place of employment, Westgate Resorts, in Ocoee, Florida. That evening she made calls to family and friends; the last call around 10 p.m. was to her boyfriend. Typically, Jennifer would call or text her boyfriend every morning on her drive to work to talk and wish him a good day. On the morning of January 24, Jennifer never called or sent a text message.[2] Any call to Jennifer's phone went directly to voice-mail.[2] When Jennifer failed to arrive at work that morning, her employer contacted her parents, who immediately made a two-hour drive from their home to her residence. Her parents noticed that her car was missing, but upon entering her condo, nothing looked out of the ordinary.[2] Evidence at her residence, including a wet towel and clothes laid out, indicated that Jennifer was at home the morning of January 24 and had showered and dressed for work.[2][3] Friends and family began passing out fliers of her that evening, and the Orlando Police Department began organizing search parties to scout the surrounding area on foot, horseback, boat, helicopter, and ATV.[4]

After seeing Jennifer's car on the news, a tenant at a nearby apartment complex calls police to inform them that a car matching that description had been parked outside their apartment for several days. Police arrive and confirm that it is in fact Jennifer's car. The car is photographed and hauled to the crime-lab for forensic examination. Police confiscate the local surveillance footage and discover an unidentified person parking it, walking away, and never looking back. This would turn out to be the strongest lead that the case would have and confirmed the possibility of foul play.[4][7]

"Police confiscate the local surveillance footage and discover an unidentified person parking it, walking away, and never looking back."

That line flat gave me goosebumps. I hope they find her...her momma deserves to bury her child.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Wtf is up with her nose in the age progression?
    They forgot to blend her base correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

I saw a new digital billboard on I-4 today featuring Jennifer Kesse. I guess they are trying to make a real push for the 10th anniversary to get some answers. I still think they need to look at the one co-worker she had.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I saw a new digital billboard on I-4 today featuring Jennifer Kesse. I guess they are trying to make a real push for the 10th anniversary to get some answers. I still think they need to look at the one co-worker she had.
    We must live in the same area.

i hope they find out what happened to her.

This podcast might be interesting. I have always found this particular case fascinating and sad.

http://www.insightpod.com/home-1/201...jennifer-kesse

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/...196357809.html

She disappeared 12 years ago. The reward for information just went up

It’s been exactly 12 years since Jennifer Kesse went missing from her Orlando home and still, officials are working to bring her home and are hoping raising the reward for information and dedicating a detective to her case will help.

The reward for information on the woman who has been missing since Jan. 24, 2006, has increased to up to $15,000. Her missing person poster is now plastered on the side of the bus. A picture of the person of interest, seen in surveillance footage the day of her disappearance, is also featured on the wrap.

Her father, Drew Kesse, who now lives in Bradenton, still holds on to hope that she will be found, and spoke during a news conference Wednesday morning to urge the community to cooperate and help officials find his daughter.

“I don’t know what to say or do after 12 years. We sit back and we say, ‘Well, I think we’ve done everything. How can we sit and touch someone’s heart just enough to make the call?’ Maybe this will be it, I don’t know,” Drew Kesse said, pointing to the bus parked behind him. “We’ve tried so many things.”

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I saw there was an updated post here and really hoped it was they found her/her body. Her disappearance has always been so puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I saw there was an updated post here and really hoped it was they found her/her body. Her disappearance has always been so puzzling.
    I feel the same way. I also hesitated to bump this for that reason, but then I thought it's better to keep her on people's minds until she is found. I sure wish this family could get some closure.

Sorry to double post. I just saw this.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-...ice-department

Family of missing woman plans to sue the Orlando Police Department

On the twelve-year anniversary of an Orlando woman’s disappearance, her family says they’re planning to sue the Orlando Police Department for access to the case files.
    As Chief Mina talked in front of a bus wrapped with Kesse's picture though, Jennifer’s brother Logan couldn't hide his frustration.

“It's a joke,” Logan Kesse fumed, “the only reason this is going on is because we're putting pressure on them because we have attorneys involved now and we are over it. It's been twelve years. Did they do this last year? No. The year before? No. This is a joke, this is comical. And I hope everybody can realize that.”

The Kesse family said they're planning to sue OPD for access to the case files so they can turn them over to a private investigator.

“It's time to get every resource available and we feel we have the right to, and honestly by law we do have the right. Public records are exactly that, public records,” said Jennifer’s father, Drew.
    Related Headlines

Podcast brings new leads to 2006 case
    Jennifer Kesse missing 10 years today

Chief Mina disagreed, saying it's not a cold case, and they need to keep the files confidential. “We believe that can jeopardize our investigation as well as set a precedent for future investigations.”

Again, Logan Kesse shook his head, hearing those words. “We want to control it now, we want it in our hands so we can try to find my sister - her daughter. It's common sense that everyone can read between the lines on this dog and pony show that's going on here,” Logan said.
    If they can't solve it, why not let the private investigator do it? I have read some interesting stuff that another PI for the family uncovered in the past. Let them dig and find what they can.

Interesting letter on the family's website:

http://jenniferkesse.com/

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/my...ound-in-apopka

Crews on Tuesday continue to investigate a site in Apopka after human skeletal remains were discovered there last week.

The remains were found Wednesday in the 2600 block of Marden Road, south of Keene Road near State Road 429.

Details about how the remains were found have not been released.

Buckets were stacked in one area and stakes were placed along Marden Road, but authorities have not revealed any details about their search.

Several law enforcement agencies joined the Orange County Sheriff's Office Tuesday at the scene Tuesday morning, including CSI from Orlando, Apopka and Ocoee police departments.
    Thinking this is a pretty high profile case based on the hush-hush on everything and the large LE presence from multiple departments. Also wondering about the fact that they have ruled out Michelle Parker and Tracy Ocasio, but not Jennifer Kesse.

Over on WS they said that Jennifer's mom will not answer, on her FB where she talks with people about the search, when they ask if the remains might be hers. I think we all know by now that Jennifer is gone, so I would kind of like it to be her and for them to get closure.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/hu...l-deputies-say

More remains found in the area? Reddit seems to have high hopes this could be her

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    More remains found in the area? Reddit seems to have high hopes this could be her
    reddit also thinks that any body found in Utah is Susan Powell even if the age range doesn't fit. wishful thinking mostly but would be amazing if either one were found soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Since this was never updated, both sets of remains weren't her. I read the first one was a male but I'm too tired to look for an article confirming that and (https://twitter.com/FindJennKesse/st...13535467872257) when asked about the second one the twitter acct for her said it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Since this was never updated, both sets of remains weren't her. I read the first one was a male but I'm too tired to look for an article confirming that and (https://twitter.com/FindJennKesse/st...13535467872257) when asked about the second one the twitter acct for her said it wasn't.
    The second body was found in an area that had been cleaned recently before the body was found there, and is in an area known for drugs, prostitution and homeless camps. Why anyone ever thought it was Jennifer I'll never know. I am guessing it was a drug death, or a homeless person passed away there.

Why anyone ever thought it was Jennifer I'll never know.
    Like I said, on reddit they always go to those people if it's a body found in the area. I saw someone say that it was her and someone moved her to that spot. like I'm sorry, but I dont think it's a body anymore, no one is going to go moving bones around lol

The second body was found in an area that had been cleaned recently before the body was found there, and is in an area known for drugs, prostitution and homeless camps. Why anyone ever thought it was Jennifer I'll never know. I am guessing it was a drug death, or a homeless person passed away there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Like I said, on reddit they always go to those people if it's a body found in the area. I saw someone say that it was her and someone moved her to that spot. like I'm sorry, but I dont think it's a body anymore, no one is going to go moving bones around lol
    These particular remains were identified as Rachael Leanah Jean Sharp
    https://www.clickorlando.com/news/re...year-old-woman

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/jenn...lice/932668245

Missing woman's family settles lawsuit against Orlando police

The parents of missing Orlando woman, Jennifer Kesse, settled a lawsuit against the Orlando Police Department, allowing the family to take over the case, Channel 9 reporter Shannon Butler learned Thursday.

Kesse disappeared without a trace in 2006. Her family filed a lawsuit last year, asking the court to allow a private investigator to obtain the Orlando Police Department’s records on the case.

Orlando police had argued that the information was not public.

"It's not our practice to turn over files or case notes of information to anyone in the public, and we believe that could possibly jeopardize this investigation as well as set a precedent in future investigation," former Orlando police Chief John Mina said in January 2018.

But the settlement means the Orlando Police Department must hand over the records in the case.

The family reportedly paid over $18,000 for the unredacted records

Thread Information