Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Kesse missing since January 24, 2006

Jennifer Kesse missing since January 24, 2006

http://www.myspace.com/jenniferkesse

Google earth may help find her remains.  After some one sent a tip in about a general location where she may be buried, someone used google earth's timeline photos to look for a possible burial spot. 

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2010/03/02/dig11.JPG

New effort made to find Jennifer Kesse

Six years later, Jennifer Kesse's disappearance remains unsolved, but her mother hasn't given up.

By RAY REYES | The Tampa Tribune
    Published: January 19, 2012
    TAMPA --
    When Jennifer Kesse vanished from her Orlando condominium nearly six years ago, her mother vowed not to rest until the mystery was solved and justice was done.

Joyce Kesse spearheaded the drive to raise reward money that at one point topped $1 million. She lobbied legislators and helped create a state law establishing standards for entering information about missing people into crime and other databases.

For years, she drove a gold Chevrolet Trailblazer she called "the Jen mobile." The vehicle was covered with photos of Jennifer Kesse and a phone number to call in tips.

"I'm not going to have my daughter in a shallow grave or in water somewhere for the rest of my life. That's just not in the cards," Joyce Kesse told The Tampa Tribune in 2008.

Six years later, Jennifer Kesse's disappearance remains unsolved, but her mother hasn't given up. Neither are police, who on Wednesday announced that a panel of law enforcement and crime experts has been created to review evidence in the case.

The task force's job is to "find that one needle in the haystack" in the mounds of evidence collected since Kesse, a Gaither High School graduate, vanished, Orlando Police Chief Paul Rooney said at a news conference.

Investigators found the 24-year-old's black 2004 Chevrolet Malibu at an apartment complex about a mile from her home, just south of the Orange Blossom Trail, on Jan. 24, 2006. Over the years, the trail went cold and several tips that seemed promising yielded nothing that would crack the case.

"We will never stop looking for answers," said Danny Banks of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "This cold case review allows numerous investigators to come together for the day, putting intensive focus on this investigation."

Joyce Kesse said the 19-member panel will give the investigation a "fresh pair of eyes." The task force includes criminal justice profilers, prosecutors and scientists, along with investigators who worked on the Kesse case.

Joyce Kesse said that her family, who vowed never to stop looking for her daughter, was "extremely grateful and appreciative" of investigators' efforts.

The $1 million reward expired in 2010. A $15,000 reward is still being offered.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...man-ar-349010/

Wtf is up with her nose in the age progression?

I remember this case. Wasn't she living in an apartment building that was going through reinovations (sp?) at the time of her disappearance? Then there was video of some guy dropping her car off somewhere?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I remember this case. Wasn't she living in an apartment building that was going through reinovations (sp?) at the time of her disappearance? Then there was video of some guy dropping her car off somewhere?
    From wiki

Jennifer Kesse was last seen on January 23, 2006, at approximately 6pm, leaving her place of employment, Westgate Resorts, in Ocoee, Florida. That evening she made calls to family and friends; the last call around 10 p.m. was to her boyfriend. Typically, Jennifer would call or text her boyfriend every morning on her drive to work to talk and wish him a good day. On the morning of January 24, Jennifer never called or sent a text message.[2] Any call to Jennifer's phone went directly to voice-mail.[2] When Jennifer failed to arrive at work that morning, her employer contacted her parents, who immediately made a two-hour drive from their home to her residence. Her parents noticed that her car was missing, but upon entering her condo, nothing looked out of the ordinary.[2] Evidence at her residence, including a wet towel and clothes laid out, indicated that Jennifer was at home the morning of January 24 and had showered and dressed for work.[2][3] Friends and family began passing out fliers of her that evening, and the Orlando Police Department began organizing search parties to scout the surrounding area on foot, horseback, boat, helicopter, and ATV.[4]

After seeing Jennifer's car on the news, a tenant at a nearby apartment complex calls police to inform them that a car matching that description had been parked outside their apartment for several days. Police arrive and confirm that it is in fact Jennifer's car. The car is photographed and hauled to the crime-lab for forensic examination. Police confiscate the local surveillance footage and discover an unidentified person parking it, walking away, and never looking back. This would turn out to be the strongest lead that the case would have and confirmed the possibility of foul play.[4][7]

"Police confiscate the local surveillance footage and discover an unidentified person parking it, walking away, and never looking back."

That line flat gave me goosebumps. I hope they find her...her momma deserves to bury her child.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Wtf is up with her nose in the age progression?
    They forgot to blend her base correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I saw a new digital billboard on I-4 today featuring Jennifer Kesse. I guess they are trying to make a real push for the 10th anniversary to get some answers. I still think they need to look at the one co-worker she had.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I saw a new digital billboard on I-4 today featuring Jennifer Kesse. I guess they are trying to make a real push for the 10th anniversary to get some answers. I still think they need to look at the one co-worker she had.
    We must live in the same area.

i hope they find out what happened to her.

This podcast might be interesting. I have always found this particular case fascinating and sad.

http://www.insightpod.com/home-1/201...jennifer-kesse

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I saw there was an updated post here and really hoped it was they found her/her body. Her disappearance has always been so puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I saw there was an updated post here and really hoped it was they found her/her body. Her disappearance has always been so puzzling.
    I feel the same way. I also hesitated to bump this for that reason, but then I thought it's better to keep her on people's minds until she is found. I sure wish this family could get some closure.

Interesting letter on the family's website:

http://jenniferkesse.com/

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/hu...l-deputies-say

More remains found in the area? Reddit seems to have high hopes this could be her

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    More remains found in the area? Reddit seems to have high hopes this could be her
    reddit also thinks that any body found in Utah is Susan Powell even if the age range doesn't fit. wishful thinking mostly but would be amazing if either one were found soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Since this was never updated, both sets of remains weren't her. I read the first one was a male but I'm too tired to look for an article confirming that and (https://twitter.com/FindJennKesse/st...13535467872257) when asked about the second one the twitter acct for her said it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Since this was never updated, both sets of remains weren't her. I read the first one was a male but I'm too tired to look for an article confirming that and (https://twitter.com/FindJennKesse/st...13535467872257) when asked about the second one the twitter acct for her said it wasn't.
    The second body was found in an area that had been cleaned recently before the body was found there, and is in an area known for drugs, prostitution and homeless camps. Why anyone ever thought it was Jennifer I'll never know. I am guessing it was a drug death, or a homeless person passed away there.

Why anyone ever thought it was Jennifer I'll never know.
    Like I said, on reddit they always go to those people if it's a body found in the area. I saw someone say that it was her and someone moved her to that spot. like I'm sorry, but I dont think it's a body anymore, no one is going to go moving bones around lol

The second body was found in an area that had been cleaned recently before the body was found there, and is in an area known for drugs, prostitution and homeless camps. Why anyone ever thought it was Jennifer I'll never know. I am guessing it was a drug death, or a homeless person passed away there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Like I said, on reddit they always go to those people if it's a body found in the area. I saw someone say that it was her and someone moved her to that spot. like I'm sorry, but I dont think it's a body anymore, no one is going to go moving bones around lol
    These particular remains were identified as Rachael Leanah Jean Sharp
    https://www.clickorlando.com/news/re...year-old-woman

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/jenn...lice/932668245

Missing woman's family settles lawsuit against Orlando police
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    $18,000 for those records? That's fucking crrazy!

Ugh. I hope that one day the family gets the answers they so desperately seek.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So, they had construction workers living in an empty apartment. Ten people in ONE apartment. Sounds to me like they were undocumented workers and if that's the case, they will have zero hope of ever tracking them down.

This poor family.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

How could the apartment complex not have a name for a lease or a list of tenets? Thats very shady.

Is this the case where the missing person's black honda was seen being parked, and a guy was seen walking away from it on video?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/16...-investigation

The Kesse family and Orlando Police reached an agreement outside of court
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    From January 2023:

Her family tells FOX 35 they have new leads in the case. Drew Kesse – Jennifer's father – says the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is working on the case with the family’s investigators.

After spending over $80,000 on case files from the Orlando Police Department, Kesse says they’re getting new leads. Orlando police initially investigated the case, but the family was not happy with how it was handled.

Kesse says the department botched the investigation from the moment an officer was sent out when calls were first made about her disappearance

"We went up to the condo, and they sent an officer out, officer came in, looked around for about 30 seconds, and said, ‘She probably had a fight with her boyfriend. She’ll be back,’ and he walked out."

Evidence photos obtained by Fox News suggest a violent struggle took place on the front hood of the 24-year-old woman’s car, a clue the family hopes will yield new leads in a case that has long been unsolved.

"It looked like someone was thrown down on the top of the hood – arms spread out and then dragged back almost like off the hood to the point where you can almost see fingers scribbling down the hood," said Kesse’s father at the time.

"The photos look suspicious and show what appears to be a hand mark going across the hood," added Mike Torretta, a former federal agent and private investigator hired by the Kesse family.
    Full story here: https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/je...ando-cold-case

Thread Information