Thread: The Bodies Of A Man And A Woman Were Found Tuesday In Lawai (need 1 name)

The Bodies Of A Man And A Woman Were Found Tuesday In Lawai (need 1 name)

KPD Classify Deaths Homicide-Suicide
    The Bodies Of A Man And A Woman Were Found Tuesday In Lawai

POSTED: 11:50 am HST February 24, 2010
    UPDATED: 3:28 pm HST February 24, 2010

HONOLULU -- Kauai police classified the deaths of a man and woman whose bodies were found in Lawai Tuesday as a homicide-suicide case.

Police identified the man as 38-year-old Duane Bukoski of Lawai. The woman's name and age were not released. Police said she was an acquaintance of Bukoski.

Police did not comment on how the victims died. Autopsies to determine the cause of death were to be schedule, police said.

http://www.kitv.com/news/22661365/detail.html

Possible Myspace results....

http://searchservice.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sitesearch.results&type=P eople&qry=Bukoski&g=F&loc=HONOLULU%20& amp;srchBy=All&minAge=--&maxAge=--&d=25

Re: The Bodies Of A Man And A Woman Were Found Tuesday In Lawai (need 1 name)

I hope this helps.
    http://thegardenisland.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_96c7a91a-21db-11df-aed7-001cc4c002e0.html

Font Size:Default font sizeLarger font sizeLIHU‘E — Kaua‘i Police Department investigators Wednesday morning classified the case of two bodies found in a Lawa‘i home Tuesday morning an apparent murder-suicide, a county press release states.

The dead man is Duane Bukoski, 38, of Lawa‘i. The female victim, an acquaintance of Bukoski, has been tentatively identified, but her name has not been released pending verification, the release states.

But family members and New Hope Christian Fellowship church members fear the woman is Clara Kaneshiro, 43, of Kapa‘a, who had reportedly been missing from around 11 p.m. Monday and whose truck was found around 11 a.m. Tuesday.

The KPD investigation continues, and autopsies will be scheduled to determine causes of the deaths, the release states.

Kaneshiro and Myles Shibata were appointed members of the Family Celebration Commission by Gov. Linda Lingle in 2008, and Kaneshiro was active in the Kapa‘a High School Parent Teacher Student Association.

Kaneshiro had also worked as a secretary in the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Small Business Development Center on the campus of Kaua‘i Community College, when she was Clara Oligo, and was a weekend radio personality on KUAI AM 720 when the studio was in ‘Ele‘ele Shopping Center, with the radio moniker “Sista Clara.”

Her father-in-law, Frank Kaneshiro of Kapa‘a, and a young lady who said she is the niece of Van Kaneshiro, Clara Kaneshiro’s husband, said in a telephone interview Tuesday afternoon that KPD officers told the family their investigation continued and that police would call on family members to identify the body once the investigation was completed, and that police were fairly certain the female body is Clara Kaneshiro.

As of Tuesday’s press time, police had not contacted Kaneshiro family members to identify the female body.

“Clara was a gift from God,” said Pastor Matt Higa of New Hope Christian Fellowship Kapa‘a, who said he spent most of his Wednesday counseling fellow church members coping with the apparent death of a beloved, active, involved parishioner.

“Special lady, that’s all I know, a good-hearted person,” said Higa, who said he and others in the church are praying for closure in the matter.

Higa said Kaneshiro’s truck was discovered at Bukoski’s Lawa‘i residence where both the bodies were also discovered.

Bukoski appears on the state court Web site only for his 2002 divorce from Rowena Aki-Bukoski, which appeared to be uncontested and wherein Duane Bukoski represented himself before 5th Circuit Family Court Judge Calvin Murashige.

There were no children in the marriage, and Aki-Bukoski waived her right to any interest in a cabin partly owned by Duane Bukoski, court records indicate.

“Material allegations” made by plaintiff Duane Bukoski appear to be true, according to court records, but what is not clear from the online court record is whether or not Duane Bukoski had alleged infidelity, irreconcilable differences or other factors leading to the divorce.

Murashige granted the divorce Jan. 6, 2003.

Daubert said positive identification of the female victim

http://www.thegardenisland.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_e8374fbc-22ad-11df-b10b-001cc4c002e0.html

Font Size:Default font sizeLarger font sizeLAWA‘I — An autopsy conducted Thursday confirmed that the deaths of a man and woman found in a Lawa‘i residence Tuesday were the result of a homicide and suicide, a Kaua‘i Police Department press release states.

The gunshot injuries found on the victims were consistent with a homicide-suicide scenario, and a gun was recovered at the scene that matched the caliber of the bullets recovered, the release states.

On Thursday, after days of speculation from family and friends, Kaua‘i police identified the woman as Clara Kaneshiro, 43, of Kapa‘a. A day earlier, the male victim was identified as Duane Bukoski, age 38, of Lawa‘i.

KPD announced earlier that the two were acquainted, and identified the female, now known to be Kaneshiro, as a victim in a previous release. County spokeswoman Mary Daubert said Thursday evening that KPD has not identified either Kaneshiro or Bukoski as the shooter.

Daubert declined to comment on the relationship between Kaneshiro and Bukoski or any possible motives. The investigation is continuing. For further updates, see upcoming editions of The Garden Island.

I am pretty sure this is her Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/398728716

Her facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=715444793&ref=search&sid=15 49935630.1807359024..1

Thread Information