Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Brown (12) shot and killed his father's pregnant fiance

Jordan Brown (12) shot and killed his father's pregnant fiance

On a chilly morning in February 2009, state police found 26-year-old Kenzie Houk in her bed with a bullet though her head. She was eight months pregnant.

The search for her killer ended with the most surprising murder suspect residents of Wampum, Pennsylvania, had ever seen: 11-year-old Jordan Brown, the son of the victim’s fiancé.

He is one of the youngest suspects in the country to be charged with homicide, legal experts say. There are two counts of homicide, one covering the fetus.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges in May.

In Pennsylvania, there is no lower limit for the age someone can be charged as an adult with criminal homicide. If convicted, Jordan, now 12, faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
    The question of age is being raised in the Supreme Court this year where the practice of sentencing young people younger than 14 to life in prison without parole is being challenged.

After nearly a year of silence, Jordan’s family, friends and attorney are bringing attention to the case as more court hearings loom. They say Jordan is innocent and should be tried in juvenile court. This month, they will launch the Jordan Brown Trust Fund to raise money for his defense.

A decertification hearing, at which Jordan’s attorneys will ask the judge to move the case to the juvenile system, began this month. A decision on whether the case will be tried in the juvenile system or adult courts will likely be made in March, attorneys say.

The suspect’s father has not publicly discussed the case, and CNN has been unable to reach him for comment.

“Our first step is decertification, because we feel like he is amenable to juvenile rehabilitation,” said attorney Dennis Elisco of New Castle, Pennsylvania. “Not only do I know he’s amenable, but I know he’s innocent.”

In almost half the states across the country, children can be prosecuted and tried in adult court, according to the University of Texas’ Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs. Many of the laws passed were passed during a time when juvenile crime spiked in the 1980s and 1990s.

But sentencing experts say a majority of homicide cases involving children as young as Jordan are tried in juvenile courts, where the records remain sealed and sentences are less harsh.
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

Re: Jordan Brown (12) shot and killed his father's pregnant fiance

There's a thread on this somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=18711.60

i searched but missed it i guess, so sorry!

the article was mainly addressing how he will be tried as an adult

[quote author=GirlLoveWarrior link=topic=24407.msg1552105#msg1552105 date=1267558078]
    i searched but missed it i guess, so sorry!

the article was mainly addressing how he will be tried as an adult
    [/quote]

I think he's a little young for that, but in the other thread I was clearly outvoted.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24407.msg1552108#msg1552108 date=1267558161]
    I think he's a little young for that, but in the other thread I was clearly outvoted.
    [/quote]

I think he's too young as well, but i'm sure the victim's family wants to see someone get punished to the fullest extent.

The question is do you know better than to kill someone at that age?  I say at that age I knew it was wrong and what the consequences would be.  Does it mean other kids at that age would or should know better?  It depends on their mental state, if it seemed like this woman and child were taking away the attention from him by hi dad then he would do something about it, just sayin.  I feel really bad for all involved, there goes another young life down the drain.

How are they charging homicide on the fetus?  Do they charge homicide when people get abortions?  Fucking retards

[quote author=ohai link=topic=24407.msg1561555#msg1561555 date=1268373897]
    How are they charging homicide on the fetus?  Do they charge homicide when people get abortions?  Fucking retards
    [/quote]

:-P *sigh. now that is just a whole new can of worms.
    <br />Ask Me Some Bullshit http://www.formspring.me/EightiesBaby

How are they charging homicide on the fetus?&nbsp; Do they charge homicide when people get abortions?&nbsp; Fucking retards
    [/quote]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1262271/US-boy-Jordan-Brown-tried-adult-killing-fathers-pregnant-fiance.html

A boy of 12 accused of killing his father's pregnant fiancee will be tried as an adult, a U.S. judge ruled has ruled.
    Jordan Brown, aged 11 at the time of the shooting, is charged with blasting Kenzie Marie Houk, 26, in the back of the head with a shotgun.
    Ms Houk was found dead in her bed in the family farmhouse in western Pennsylvia on February 20 last year. She was eight-and-a-half months pregnant and the unborn child died after she was shot because of a lack of oxygen.

Cynthia Orr, president of the National Association of Criminal Defence Attorneys, said she's never heard of someone as young as Brown charged with foetal homicide.
    The child's attorneys are expected to appeal.
    'It's simply inappropriate to put a 12-year-old child in the adult prison system, it won't work,' said Mrs Orr. 'It won't benefit society or this child.'
    However, Lawrence County Judge Dominick Motto, outlining his refusal to move the case to a juvenile court, said: 'This offence was an execution-style killing of a defenceless pregnant young mother. A more horrific crime is difficult to imagine.'
    Prosecutors have said they will seek a conviction on first-degree murder charges, for which Brown could face up to life in prison if convicted.

Prosecutors have suggested the boy was jealous of Ms Houk and her unborn son.
    Police had said Brown hid the weapon under a blanket so her seven-year-old daughter would not see it as he entered her mother's room.
    Later, authorities say, he threw the spent shell casing along a path on his way to a bus and went to school.
    A state trooper testified that tests showed the shell was fired from Brown's youth-model 20-gauge shotgun, the gun he is believed to have received as a Christmas present.
    Houk's body was only found when her four-year-old daughter told workers outside the house that she thought her mother was dead.
    Brown's lawyers argued that the boy was too young to realise the full import of his actions and that he would best be dealt with in juvenile court.
    Jordan Brown shortly after being charged with the murder of his father's&nbsp; fianceé. Police believe he may have been jealous of his Ms Houk and her unborn son

Chris Brown, Jordan's father, leaves the Lawrence County courthouse in Pennsylvania after a hearing earlier this month
    The boy could be convicted of anything from involuntary manslaughter to first-degree murder under Pennsylvania's homicide law.
    Prosecutors have said they will seek a conviction on first-degree murder charges, for which he could face up to life in prison if convicted.
    Brown's lawyers argued that the boy was too young to realise the full import of his actions and that he would best be dealt with in juvenile court.
    Cynthia Orr, president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, said she's never heard of someone as young as Brown charged with foetal homicide.
    The child's attorneys are expected to appeal.
    'It's simply inappropriate to put a 12-year-old child in the adult prison system, it won't work,' said Orr, a Texas attorney. 'It won't benefit society or this child.'
    Brown's attorneys, Dennis Elisco and David Acker, have argued the boy's case would best be dealt with in juvenile court, where he could receive treatment and incarceration specifically aimed at younger offenders.
    Under state law, the attorneys had to convince the judge that he was more 'amenable' to rehabilitation in the juvenile system - which would have jurisdiction only until he is 21 - than as an adult.
    But the judge said the testimony of defence psychologist Kirk Heilbrun didn't convince him that Brown was best tried as a juvenile.
    Motto focused on findings by a prosecution psychiatrist, Dr John O'Brien, who found that Brown tended to 'minimise' the allegations against him. Brown denied killing Houk when examined by both doctors.
    Kevin Harley, spokesman for the Pennsylvania attorney general, said prosecutors agree with the decision but stressed that prosecutors could still decide to move the case to juvenile court themselves if he admits he committed the crimes.
    'Our position is he isn't amenable (to juvenile court rehabilitation) because he didn't admit he did it and hasn't accepted responsibility for his actions,' Harley said.
    Orr said Harley's comments show that Pennsylvania's system is flawed if a child must, for all practical purposes, admit guilt to have a chance to be tried as a juvenile.
    'That means this whole process is inappropriate and, certainly, unconstitutional,' she said.
    Debbie Houk, the victim's mother, said she doesn't understand why there would be debate about the decision.
    'There was no reason for uncertainty in our eyes,' Houk said. 'We're pleased.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1262271/US-boy-Jordan-Brown-tried-adult-killing-fathers-pregnant-fiance.html#ixzz0jh1kDS0R
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

How are they charging homicide on the fetus?&nbsp; Do they charge homicide when people get abortions?&nbsp; Fucking retards
    [/quote]

the only thing i can think of is that she's in charge of her body. so the baby was killed against the mother's will....
    i don't know. thats a tough one.

I think it has to do with whether or not the fetus was viable, and at 8&amp;1/2 months it was.

a fetus is consider a human after 2 months pregnant so the baby was a human....
    and about abortion, those stupid girl who get abortions should go to prison too they killing an innocent who cant defend them selves..
    and about the kid who shot the women i think he should pay for what he did i dont consider him innocent whats the difference between at 12 to a 14 who shoots someone is the same, is better to teach him a lesson right now, the women did not deserve to die even worse the baby dying that way, and her little girl finding her body thats sad i dont feel sad for the boy he should pay... :2upset:

[quote author=FabiLove link=topic=24407.msg1595841#msg1595841 date=1271277593]
    and about abortion, those stupid girl who get abortions should go to prison too they killing an innocent who cant defend them selves..
    and about the kid who shot the women i think he should pay for what he did i dont consider him innocent whats the difference between at 12 to a 14 who shoots someone is the same, is better to teach him a lesson right now, the women did not deserve to die even worse the baby dying that way, and her little girl finding her body thats sad i dont feel sad for the boy he should pay... :2upset:

[/quote]

What characteristics make a fetus human after 2 months?

[quote author=FabiLove link=topic=24407.msg1595841#msg1595841 date=1271277593]

[/quote]

Punctuation. Use it.&nbsp;

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24407.msg1595857#msg1595857 date=1271278462]
    What characteristics make a fetus human after 2 months?
    [/quote]

Not much. At 2 months, isn't a foetus more or less just a little globby fart of cells that may or may not be a blood clot?

well i dont only read stuff like this, I also read other stuff, &nbsp;Baby's neural tube forms, heart begins to form, and blood begins to circulate..and if u want to know more search for stuff like this too!!! :-)

like come on she was 8 months and a half not 2 not 4.. she was eight the baby was about to be born.. Geez!

[quote author=FabiLove link=topic=24407.msg1595868#msg1595868 date=1271279006]
    well i dont only read stuff like this, I also read other stuff, &nbsp;Baby's neural tube forms, heart begins to form, and blood begins to circulate..and if u want to know more search for stuff like this too!!! :-)
    [/quote]

No thank you. I completely disagree with you. I was just curious about your thoughts.

[quote author=FabiLove link=topic=24407.msg1595870#msg1595870 date=1271279092]
    like come on she was 8 months and a half not 2 not 4.. she was eight the baby was about to be born.. Geez!
    [/quote]

You're the one who brought up the 2, not us.

haha PENDEJOS! :-)

[quote author=trepid link=topic=24407.msg1595865#msg1595865 date=1271278909]
    Punctuation. Use it.&nbsp;

Not much. At 2 months, isn't a foetus more or less just a little globby fart of cells that may or may not be a blood clot?
    [/quote]

size at 8 weeks

did i tell u to reply.. lol im free to write whatever just like u lol

[quote author=FabiLove link=topic=24407.msg1595874#msg1595874 date=1271279233]
    haha PENDEJOS! :-)
    [/quote]

Why is that? Because we don't agree with you?

http://images.3dpregnancy.com/en/3D/200/32-weeks-pregnant.jpg
    8 moth baby!!

no because u are.. and u dont have to agree.. could u imagine if everyone agreed with every one.. crazy world huh!! lol&nbsp; &nbsp; :sleep:

Thread Information