Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Get a blowjob as a juvenile, go to jail; no parole for 10 years

Re: Get a blowjob as a juvenile, go to jail; no parole for 10 years

[quote author=J link=topic=4273.msg161307#msg161307 date=1169786032]
    The real reason he is in jail is for being BLACK in GEORGIA.Â* Georgia is the #1 most racist state.

I bet the 15 year old was a white girl.
    [/quote]

Â* The Legislature and Court system here makes life oh so very interesting, though.

Well, I guess we're all going to jail over the oral sex thing.........

But, we're all smiling as we go!!!!!!!!!!!!

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=MAVEN link=topic=4273.msg161049#msg161049 date=1169773953]
    this poor guy blew his future..oh wait a minute...the skanky 15 yr old blew him and his future...what a travesty of justice.
    [/quote]

Uh, what? Giving head to guy makes a girl a skank, now? :| It's not like she even whinged to the cops. The authorities decided to prosecute him because of a tape that came into their possession (via a rape claim against Wilson and his friends, involving another girl). In fact, the 15-year-old in question testified in court that the act had been consensual. I don't think she deserves any blame - she's not responsible for the fucked-up conviction.

In fact, I'm reading about it and the whole damn thing is tragic. The jury pretty much had to convict him on a charge of &quot;aggravated child molestation&quot; (?!) because, well - there's proof, the ages were undisputed, what could you do? Apparently, the jury forewoman wept as she read the guilty verdict; some have since complained that they didn't realise the verdict would result in a minimum 10 year sentence. Worse still, Wilson will be subject to sex offender laws for the rest of his life - he's forbidden contact with his 8-year-old sister because she's &quot;at risk&quot;.

The only good thing to come out of this is that the law has since been changed and it's now just a misdemeanor. Apparently up until 1998, oral sex between a husband and wife was still punishable in Georgia by up to 20 years. *eyeroll*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genarlow_Wilson

The American South, Especially the deep south, are known to be a few decades behind the rest of the country when it comes to laws. interracial marriages were illegal until about 1996 and there are still some schools that are segregated.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Nicole link=topic=4273.msg161927#msg161927 date=1169840394]
    The American South, Especially the deep south, are known to be a few decades behind the rest of the country when it comes to laws. interracial marriages were illegal until about 1996 and there are still some schools that are segregated.
    [/quote]
    Yea, it's fucking pathetic.
    I remember watching a special on TV about a school over there that had separate proms for Black students and White students.&nbsp; :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4273.msg162104#msg162104 date=1169849620]
    Yea, it's fucking pathetic.
    I remember watching a special on TV about a school over there that had separate proms for Black students and White students.Â* :-P
    [/quote]

yeah its pretty unbelievable, especially since a little more than half of the black population of America live in the south.

[/quote]

Interracial marriages have been legal nationwide since the Supreme Court issued its decision in Loving v. Virginia in 1967.&nbsp; Whether or not they are frowned-upon by the peanut gallery or inspire cross-burnings is another story altogether.

All current (public) school segregation has to be de facto, based on residency in gerrymandered school districts, &quot;magnet&quot; schools, etc.&nbsp; No district would explicitly segregate students because 1) it is unconstitutional and 2) the ACLU or some other civil-rights organization would take them to court and kick their asses into next Sunday.
    [tt][size=17pt]Most hottest user of correct grammar and syntax.[/size][/tt]<br /><br />[quote author=waltflannigansdog]<br />...spiders fuck up everything...[/quote]

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=4273.msg162285#msg162285 date=1169867681]
    Interracial marriages have been legal nationwide since the Supreme Court issued its decision in Loving v. Virginia in 1967.Â* Whether or not they are frowned-upon by the peanut gallery or inspire cross-burnings is another story altogether.

All current (public) school segregation has to be de facto, based on residency in gerrymandered school districts, &quot;magnet&quot; schools, etc.Â* No district would explicitly segregate students because 1) it is unconstitutional and 2) the ACLU or some other civil-rights organization would take them to court and kick their asses into next Sunday.
    [/quote]

there were laws, although rarely enforced, that banned miscegenation.It wasnt until the 2000 election that Alabama, the last to have such laws, finally did away with them.

[quote author=Nicole link=topic=4273.msg162539#msg162539 date=1169919841]
    there were laws, although rarely enforced, that banned miscegenation.It wasnt until the 2000 election that Alabama, the last to have such laws, finally did away with them.
    [/quote]

There may have been laws left over from the &quot;good ol'days,&quot; but they would have been totally unenforceable (see the part in my post re: &quot;ACLU&quot; and &quot;asses kicked&quot;), and the probable reason they weren't taken off the books was that it didn't seem worth anyone's time to do so.&nbsp; They would have been, at best, in the same category as California and Oregon's medical marijuana statutes, kept on the books in a vain hope that the FBI and DoJ would be too busy with other matters to notice a blatant violation of Federal law on whatever day it was Hell froze over.
    [tt][size=17pt]Most hottest user of correct grammar and syntax.[/size][/tt]<br /><br />[quote author=waltflannigansdog]<br />...spiders fuck up everything...[/quote]

[/quote]Where do you get your information?&nbsp; Bans on interracial marriage were struck down by the US Supreme Court in 1967.&nbsp; There are also segregated schools all over the country, they are called all black schools.

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=4273.msg162285#msg162285 date=1169867681]
    Interracial marriages have been legal nationwide since the Supreme Court issued its decision in Loving v. Virginia in 1967.&nbsp; Whether or not they are frowned-upon by the peanut gallery or inspire cross-burnings is another story altogether.

All current (public) school segregation has to be de facto, based on residency in gerrymandered school districts, &quot;magnet&quot; schools, etc.&nbsp; No district would explicitly segregate students because 1) it is unconstitutional and 2) the ACLU or some other civil-rights organization would take them to court and kick their asses into next Sunday.
    [/quote]you beat me to it&nbsp; :-P

This all kinda reminds me of the movie &quot;A Time to Kill&quot;, which I first saw just a few days ago. Except there are no BJ's involved in the trial...I dont think anyway!&nbsp;
    I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.
    ― Sylvia Plath

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=FadeAway131 link=topic=4273.msg162791#msg162791 date=1169945018]
    This all kinda reminds me of the movie &quot;A Time to Kill&quot;, which I first saw just a few days ago. Except there are no BJ's involved in the trial...I dont think anyway!Â* Â*
    [/quote]

Yes they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=FadeAway131 link=topic=4273.msg162791#msg162791 date=1169945018]
    This all kinda reminds me of the movie &quot;A Time to Kill&quot;, which I first saw just a few days ago. Except there are no BJ's involved in the trial...I dont think anyway!&nbsp;
    [/quote]I love that movie.&nbsp;

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=4273.msg162806#msg162806 date=1169947213]
    I love that movie.Â*
    [/quote]

I always thought the judge had really cool hair.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=4273.msg162767#msg162767 date=1169943003]
    Where do you get your information?Â* Bans on interracial marriage were struck down by the US Supreme Court in 1967.Â* There are also segregated schools all over the country, they are called all black schools.
    [/quote]

Mmm, but I think there's a difference between that and actual segregation. Otherwise, aren't single-sex schools and schools for kids with special needs, or kids who are intellectually gifted, also &quot;segregation&quot;?

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=4273.msg163385#msg163385 date=1169978598]
    Mmm, but I think there's a difference between that and actual segregation. Otherwise, aren't single-sex schools and schools for kids with special needs, or kids who are intellectually gifted, also &quot;segregation&quot;?
    [/quote]

Any &quot;sorting&quot; is technically &quot;segregation.&quot;Â* However, the law says that you cannot discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, and the states can take that further, into territory like sexual orientation, etc.Â* Physical disability was added to the list by the ADA.Â* An interesting thing is, oftentimes denying special resources to the disadvantaged is interpreted as discrimination, hence special-needs classes, affirmative action, etc.

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=4273.msg163391#msg163391 date=1169979672]
    Any &quot;sorting&quot; is technically &quot;segregation.&quot;Â* However, the law says that you cannot discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, and the states can take that further, into territory like sexual orientation, etc.Â* Physical disability was added to the list by the ADA.Â* An interesting thing is, oftentimes denying special resources to the disadvantaged is interpreted as discrimination, hence special-needs classes, affirmative action, etc.
    [/quote]

But there are single-sex schools in America, aren't there? So I'd imagine if there's a good reason for the seperation, it's not segregation.

To me, segregation is more... something which is done to keep the disadvantaged that way (or at least, keep the advantaged kids just as advantaged and not give a sod about the rest). Seperation in the cases of single-sex schools, all-black schools, &quot;special&quot; schools etc, is intended to provide advantage and make things as equitable as possible for everyone.

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=4273.msg163397#msg163397 date=1169980228]
    But there are single-sex schools in America, aren't there? So I'd imagine if there's a good reason for the seperation, it's not segregation.

To me, segregation is more... something which is done to keep the disadvantaged that way (or at least, keep the advantaged kids just as advantaged and not give a sod about the rest). Seperation in the cases of single-sex schools, all-black schools, &quot;special&quot; schools etc, is intended to provide advantage and make things as equitable as possible for everyone.
    [/quote]

Right.&nbsp; That's the legal theory here also, and it is what allows them to continue to exist unmolested by attorneys and other professional busybodies.

Wow, cool!

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=4273.msg163398#msg163398 date=1169980418]
    Right.Â* That's the legal theory here also, and it is what allows them to continue to exist unmolested by attorneys and other professional busybodies.
    [/quote]

O.o Why did I just get mental images of paedophilic lawyers?

Affirmative action can be a good thing or a bad thing, in my opinion... but the rest, I see no problem with. I went to a senior school for gifted students and THANK GOD I did! I can't speak more highly of it. I went from hating school, to... well, still hating school, but enjoying learning, liking my teachers and having friends (as opposed to the kids I had to make friends with because they were the other &quot;smart&quot; ones).

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=4273.msg163385#msg163385 date=1169978598]
    [/quote]As long as the school is totally private and accepts no federal or state money, it can do whatever it pleases.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4273.msg162795#msg162795 date=1169945374]

Yes they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell!
    [/quote]

Very well said! I would have said the same shit!
    I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.
    ― Sylvia Plath

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=4273.msg162806#msg162806 date=1169947213]
    I love that movie.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Yeah, I thought it was awesome...its one of my favs now

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=4273.msg162810#msg162810 date=1169947334]
    I always thought the judge had really cool hair.
    [/quote]

haha , his name was Judge Noose...great name huh?!
    ― Sylvia Plath

Watched the movie last night. Great movie........

a little off subject,

If I ever meet a lawyer that looks like Matthew, there will be oral sex involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&nbsp;
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

Thread Information