Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl, 12, Taken Away in Handcuffs for Doodling on Her Desk

Re: Girl, 12, Taken Away in Handcuffs for Doodling on Her Desk

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1589469#msg1589469 date=1270676455]
    Yeah, I'm only hoping that's what happened. Sadly, I honestly doubt anything was done at all.

Just like when my son came home one day with cut out pictures from magazines of half naked chicks in his backpack. I immediately called the school and talked to his teacher about how this was inappropriate. I told the teacher what student my son got the pictures from, and she said, "Well, I can't control what they bring to school from home."

Seriously? You can't control it? So, if a child brings a gun from home, you can't control that? You bet your ass you can! After several attempts to try to get through to them, about things that were completely uncalled for, and them doing nothing - I finally took my son out of school, and have been homeschooling him for 6 months now. Much better decision for the both of us. I refuse to have my child go to a school where they don't enforce rules. Ridiculous.
    [/quote]

If the kid would have taken a Tylenol he would have been expelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24092.msg1589563#msg1589563 date=1270683901]
    If the kid would have taken a Tylenol he would have been expelled.
    [/quote]

Exactly, but because it was JUST half naked pictures, it was supposed to be okay.

I'm so fucking sick of school systems. And I am so glad I decided to homeschool when I did. That school is going to shit.

And I just don't get it, we live in a really decent neighborhood, and yet, the school, at the end of the street, is shit!

I feel so bad for that poor girl... being arrested in front of her classmates. BUT, what she did was wrong. I just think they went a tad overboard.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

If the schools had money so they wouldn't have to keep making budget cuts they woutl be able to provide paper for kids and maybe this wouldn't have had to happen.

Just wanted to let everyone know, this will be on Dr. Phil tomorrow (Thursday).
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

Yeah, I'm only hoping that's what happened. Sadly, I honestly doubt anything was done at all.

Just like when my son came home one day with cut out pictures from magazines of half naked chicks in his backpack. I immediately called the school and talked to his teacher about how this was inappropriate. I told the teacher what student my son got the pictures from, and she said, &quot;Well, I can't control what they bring to school from home.&quot;

Seriously? You can't control it? So, if a child brings a gun from home, you can't control that? You bet your ass you can! After several attempts to try to get through to them, about things that were completely uncalled for, and them doing nothing - I finally took my son out of school, and have been homeschooling him for 6 months now. Much better decision for the both of us. I refuse to have my child go to a school where they don't enforce rules. Ridiculous.
    [/quote]

I'm a teacher. Can u please tell me how the hell am I supposed to control a kid from bringing in dirty magazines or guns or whatever else that is not allowed in school?
    If I SEE the dirty mag or the gun or whatever, as a good teacher I will report it, take it, ect. But if I never see it... How can I control it.
    What if one of your kid's friends brings a dirty mag in his overnight bag to your house, you go to bed and they stay up oogling at boobies? Is that a parental fail on your part bc you didn't search the kid when he walked through your door?
    As a teacher I cannot control what a kid brings to school until I see it.

As a teen, my friend would bring her ouija board to hs, and it was a catholic hs. She brought it to my house, and if my mom had found out she wouldn't have blamed the school, or the teachers, she would have blamed my friend.
    Who u have to be outraged by is the parent that put the mag of half noody girls in a place that their child got it and brought it to school - not the teacher that more than likely never even saw it.&nbsp;

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=24092.msg1596150#msg1596150 date=1271298928]
    I'm a teacher. Can u please tell me how the hell am I supposed to control a kid from bringing in dirty magazines or guns or whatever else that is not allowed in school?
    If I SEE the dirty mag or the gun or whatever, as a good teacher I will report it, take it, ect. But if I never see it... How can I control it.
    What if one of your kid's friends brings a dirty mag in his overnight bag to your house, you go to bed and they stay up oogling at boobies? Is that a parental fail on your part bc you didn't search the kid when he walked through your door?
    As a teacher I cannot control what a kid brings to school until I see it.

As a teen, my friend would bring her ouija board to hs, and it was a catholic hs. She brought it to my house, and if my mom had found out she wouldn't have blamed the school, or the teachers, she would have blamed my friend.
    Who u have to be outraged by is the parent that put the mag of half noody girls in a place that their child got it and brought it to school - not the teacher that more than likely never even saw it.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

First of all, I didn't say all teachers... so if you're taking offense to what I said, that's your fault.

Second of all, this is a HORRIBLE school. And the reason it's a horrible school, is because the teachers don't give a damn. There are students every day that bring shit up to that school that they aren't supposed to have, and I do feel that there IS something they can do about it - they choose not to. I give it two years, TOPS, before something really damaging happens at this school.. and I hate to say it, but NUMEROUS parents at this school will be standing there to say, &quot;I told you so.&quot;

JUST ON MY STREET, 4 parents, THIS YEAR, have taken their students out of that school because of how ridiculous it is. The kids aren't learning anything, the students act HORRID, and yes, I do believe the school can do something about that. If there is a teacher who has 20 students in her class, and only 2 of them are learning something - that should tell you something. If there are students in the class that misbehave, and keep all the other ones from learning, then take that kid out of the class.

There are certain steps that I feel the school/teachers should be taking, and they aren't. So yes, I hold the school/teachers responsible.

I was LIED to about my son's reading levels, simply because they didn't want to go through the hassle of holding him back. He would come home with 2-3 hours of homework every single night, and he had NO idea how to do any of it, because they didn't go over any of it in class... and when I would work on it with him, the teacher would send it back and say it was done wrong. The teacher left the &quot;teaching&quot; up to the parents... what the hell are they getting paid for?

ETA: The teacher ADMITTED that they didn't go over the stuff in class, by the way.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1596157#msg1596157 date=1271299400]
    First of all, I didn't say all teachers... so if you're taking offense to what I said, that's your fault.
    [/quote]

Just like when my son came home one day with cut out pictures from magazines of half naked chicks in his backpack. I immediately called the school and talked to his teacher about how this was inappropriate. I told the teacher what student my son got the pictures from, and she said, &quot;Well, I can't control what they bring to school from home.&quot;
    [/quote]

If you have issues with the way teachers in your district teach, at least be honest about it. These are the contradictions that annoy people. At least have a few pages (or years) between you contradicting yourself. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=24092.msg1596163#msg1596163 date=1271299680]

If you have issues with the way teachers in your district teach, at least be honest about it. These are the contradictions that annoy people. At least have a few pages (or years) between you contradicting yourself. :-D
    [/quote]

I said &quot;the school&quot;, &quot;his teacher&quot;, &quot;the teacher&quot;

So... obviously I wasn't talking about ALL teachers. Nice try, Ron.

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1596169#msg1596169 date=1271299862]
    I said &quot;the school&quot;, &quot;his teacher&quot;, &quot;the teacher&quot;

So... obviously I wasn't talking about ALL teachers. Nice try, Ron.
    [/quote]

I could not gather from your original post how horrible his school was. You really made it sound like you took your kid out bc &quot;the teacher couldn't control what kids brought to school&quot;.
    How am I supposed to know your kid couldnt read or do his homework ect.
    So that's what I was responding to.
    You didn't take your kid out bc he came home with pics of naked girls, you took him out bc he couldn't read the articles.&nbsp;

(ok that's a jk. I know ur new around here)

Now that you made yourself clear that he was in a shit school district, u made your point, just sayin' your original post just seemed like u took him out for having the mag pics.&nbsp;

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=24092.msg1596179#msg1596179 date=1271300315]
    I could not gather from your original post how horrible his school was. You really made it sound like you took your kid out bc &quot;the teacher couldn't control what kids brought to school&quot;.
    You didn't take your kid out bc he came home with pics of naked girls, you took him out bc he couldn't read the articles.&nbsp;

Now that you made yourself clear that he was in a shit school district, u made your point, just sayin' your original post just seemed like u took him out for having the mag pics.&nbsp;
    [/quote]
    Basically. I'm pretty sure that's the impression others got too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=24092.msg1596179#msg1596179 date=1271300315]

Now that you made yourself clear that he was in a shit school district, u made your point, just sayin' your original post just seemed like u took him out for having the mag pics.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]

No, that was the billionth straw, for me, personally.
    And he's actually on a 4th grade reading level, NOW. It's pretty sad that I don't have a degree to teach, and I'm doing a better job teaching my child than the teacher was. -shrug-

I'm talking about my son's school. Well, old school. Three of my aunt's are teachers, and they do AMAZING jobs, and I had quite a few awesome teachers growing up as well. I just think that this school that my son went to, was a fucking joke. The teachers there, do not take their jobs seriously, whatsoever, and it pisses me off. They take the easy way out, because they don't give a damn about education, and it's fucking ridiculous that they get paid for the shit. Well, my opinion, of course.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1596186#msg1596186 date=1271300639]
    No, that was the billionth straw, for me, personally.
    And he's actually on a 4th grade reading level, NOW. It's pretty sad that I don't have a degree to teach, and I'm doing a better job teaching my child than the teacher was. -shrug-

I'm talking about my son's school. Well, old school. Three of my aunt's are teachers, and they do AMAZING jobs, and I had quite a few awesome teachers growing up as well. I just think that this school that my son went to, was a fucking joke. The teachers there, do not take their jobs seriously, whatsoever, and it pisses me off. They take the easy way out, because they don't give a damn about education, and it's fucking ridiculous that they get paid for the shit. Well, my opinion, of course.
    [/quote]

Where are the 18 out of 20 &quot;bad&quot; kids supposed to go?&nbsp; You say they should be removed from the class but to where?&nbsp; Furthermore, if the kids are acting &quot;horrid,&quot; that's not the teachers' fault but the fault of the kids themselves and their parents for not instilling discipline and respect.&nbsp; Walk a mile in a teacher's shoes and explain to me how a teacher is supposed to teach kids who don't want to learn.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=24092.msg1596659#msg1596659 date=1271347338]
    Where are the 18 out of 20 &quot;bad&quot; kids supposed to go?&nbsp; You say they should be removed from the class but to where?&nbsp; Furthermore, if the kids are acting &quot;horrid,&quot; that's not the teachers' fault but the fault of the kids themselves and their parents for not instilling discipline and respect.&nbsp; Walk a mile in a teacher's shoes and explain to me how a teacher is supposed to teach kids who don't want to learn.
    [/quote]

The &quot;bad&quot; kids, can go home until their parents can find an alternative school to go to. If it's the parents fault that they are acting so bad, then THEY can worry about finding somewhere else to go.

I don't have to walk a mile in a teachers shoes to know that THEIR JOB is to teach children. If they are serious about it, they will do what they have to do to get these problems resolved.

Remember, I am talking about the school that my son used to go to. There's no reason for you to get all defensive about the shit, because I'm not talking about every school in the United States, I've already clarified that. And since you don't know what the school that my son used to go to is like, I don't really feel that you can form a valid opinion about whether or not the teachers are doing all they can.

I dealt with this school for 2 years, and in my opinion, they don't give a shit.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1596662#msg1596662 date=1271347604]
    The &quot;bad&quot; kids, can go home until their parents can find an alternative school to go to. If it's the parents fault that they are acting so bad, then THEY can worry about finding somewhere else to go.

I don't have to walk a mile in a teachers shoes to know that THEIR JOB is to teach children. If they are serious about it, they will do what they have to do to get these problems resolved.

Remember, I am talking about the school that my son used to go to. There's no reason for you to get all defensive about the shit, because I'm not talking about every school in the United States, I've already clarified that. And since you don't know what the school that my son used to go to is like, I don't really feel that you can form a valid opinion about whether or not the teachers are doing all they can.

I dealt with this school for 2 years, and in my opinion, they don't give a shit.
    [/quote]

Okay, now I know you're joking.&nbsp; &quot;The 'bad' kids can go home until their parents can find an alternative school?&quot;&nbsp; What if the parents both have to work in order to keep a roof over their heads?&nbsp; What if it's a single parent household?&nbsp; I understand that you're frustrated but you're not offering any solutions to your compliants.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=24092.msg1596666#msg1596666 date=1271347921]
    Okay, now I know you're joking.&nbsp; &quot;The 'bad' kids can go home until their parents can find an alternative school?&quot;&nbsp; What if the parents both have to work in order to keep a roof over their heads?&nbsp; What if it's a single parent household?&nbsp; I understand that you're frustrated but you're not offering any solutions to your compliants.
    [/quote]

It's not my job! I don't get paid for the shit. Why should I have to sit around and come up with ideas to resolve THEIR problems, while THEY are getting paid to do nothing?!

And yes, I am angry. This is affecting SO many children that DO want to learn, and CAN'T, because the teachers can't take the time out of their day to teach the kids - instead, they have to spend every 10 minutes getting onto someone, or walking someone to the office, or explaining why that student can't act that way, or calling someone's parents, etc. And yes, I DO believe the school should stand up to the parents and say, &quot;We're going to send this student to a classroom by themselves for a week. If this student can come back after a week, and change their behavior, they can stay. If not, you're going to need to find another school for them to go to.&quot;

I'm a taxpayer, and I'm paying that teachers salary, why SHOULDN'T my kid get the education that he deserves? I've witnessed, first hand the way that these teachers do things. They IGNORE the problem students, which, you would think might make them stop... but no, it just makes it worse... and in the mean time, the teacher is spending two hours a day writing up reports and shit.

I'm just fucking irritated because this shit is getting ridiculous. They'd rather look good to the neighborhood, or the parents, than tell them, &quot;WE CAN'T TOLERATE THIS BEHAVIOR FROM THESE STUDENTS ANYMORE. IT'S KEEPING OTHER CHILDREN FROM LEARNING.&quot; They just sit back and let it happen, and keep it away from parents view, because they don't want parents like me, getting fed up with it and taking their kid out of the school.

I should edit and say SOME of the teachers ignore the students, and some of them get onto them every 10 minutes.

Example:
    My son's 1st grade teacher ignored it.
    His 2nd grade teacher gets onto someone every 10 minutes.

BOTH, seem to not be working. Obviously.

the keebler must be high.&nbsp;
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24092.msg1596677#msg1596677 date=1271348596]
    the keebler must be high.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Not high, this is just a hot topic for me. I love home-schooling my son, but it's bullshit that I had to, for the reasons I did.

Sure, I could have left him in school, but he wouldn't be anywhere NEAR where he's at academically right now.

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1596670#msg1596670 date=1271348307]
    It's not my job! I don't get paid for the shit. Why should I have to sit around and come up with ideas to resolve THEIR problems, while THEY are getting paid to do nothing?!

And yes, I am angry. This is affecting SO many children that DO want to learn, and CAN'T, because the teachers can't take the time out of their day to teach the kids - instead, they have to spend every 10 minutes getting onto someone, or walking someone to the office, or explaining why that student can't act that way, or calling someone's parents, etc. And yes, I DO believe the school should stand up to the parents and say, &quot;We're going to send this student to a classroom by themselves for a week. If this student can come back after a week, and change their behavior, they can stay. If not, you're going to need to find another school for them to go to.&quot;

I'm a taxpayer, and I'm paying that teachers salary, why SHOULDN'T my kid get the education that he deserves? I've witnessed, first hand the way that these teachers do things. They IGNORE the problem students, which, you would think might make them stop... but no, it just makes it worse... and in the mean time, the teacher is spending two hours a day writing up reports and shit.

I'm just fucking irritated because this shit is getting ridiculous. They'd rather look good to the neighborhood, or the parents, than tell them, &quot;WE CAN'T TOLERATE THIS BEHAVIOR FROM THESE STUDENTS ANYMORE. IT'S KEEPING OTHER CHILDREN FROM LEARNING.&quot; They just sit back and let it happen, and keep it away from parents view, because they don't want parents like me, getting fed up with it and taking their kid out of the school.
    [/quote]

You can't blame the teachers for the constraints of the system.

Wait a minute.&nbsp; No.&nbsp; It is up to the parents to make sure their kid isn't a total brat.&nbsp; Not just in class, but in general.&nbsp; Most people have a kid or two to deal with.&nbsp; Teachers have anywhere from 20-25.&nbsp;

Let's suppose for a minute that you were a teacher, or ran a daycare.&nbsp; If you had that many children with you that couldn't behave for shit, how the hell are you supposed to deal with it other than to discuss the behavior with the parents?&nbsp; TWENTY kids.&nbsp; Not just a couple.&nbsp; Now, despite what you try to tell them about how their acting, despite what you try to instill in them, they go home and all of that is reset because the parents aren't doing their job.&nbsp; They come back to school and it starts all over.

Now you tell me how that is the TEACHER'S problem.

People need to take responsibility for disciplining their kids and not leave it up to the teachers.

[quote author=Nocturnity link=topic=24092.msg1596738#msg1596738 date=1271352832]
    Wait a minute.&nbsp; No.&nbsp; It is up to the parents to make sure their kid isn't a total brat.&nbsp; Not just in class, but in general.&nbsp; Most people have a kid or two to deal with.&nbsp; Teachers have anywhere from 20-25.&nbsp;

Let's suppose for a minute that you were a teacher, or ran a daycare.&nbsp; If you had that many children with you that couldn't behave for shit, how the hell are you supposed to deal with it other than to discuss the behavior with the parents?&nbsp; TWENTY kids.&nbsp; Not just a couple.&nbsp; Now, despite what you try to tell them about how their acting, despite what you try to instill in them, they go home and all of that is reset because the parents aren't doing their job.&nbsp; They come back to school and it starts all over.

Now you tell me how that is the TEACHER'S problem.

People need to take responsibility for disciplining their kids and not leave it up to the teachers.
    [/quote]
    Agreed.
    Even at four, my kid knows he better be polite and respectful or he is in big trouble with mom.
    My kid= my problem.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=Monter link=topic=24092.msg1596752#msg1596752 date=1271353194]
    Agreed.
    Even at four, my kid knows he better be polite and respectful or he is in big trouble with mom.
    My kid= my problem.
    [/quote]

Mine has always been that way.&nbsp; She is creeping up onto her teen years so I hope it sticks with her. :lol:

I'm not saying there aren't shitty teachers.&nbsp; There are.&nbsp; I've dealt with them in school and I've dealt with them since I've been a parent.&nbsp; But for the most part saying that a kids behavior problems is a teacher's responsibility is fucking ridiculous.&nbsp; The teachers can only do so much.

keebler be trippin, yo.&nbsp;

step away from the stash.

mydeathspace

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1596681#msg1596681 date=1271348857]
    Not high, this is just a hot topic for me. I love home-schooling my son, but it's bullshit that I had to, for the reasons I did.

Sure, I could have left him in school, but he wouldn't be anywhere NEAR where he's at academically right now.
    [/quote]

Homeschooling is for religious nuts and nerds. Most kids that kill their mothers were home schooled.&nbsp; :lol:

Thread Information