Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl, 12, Taken Away in Handcuffs for Doodling on Her Desk

Re: Girl, 12, Taken Away in Handcuffs for Doodling on Her Desk

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=24092.msg1531821#msg1531821 date=1265674702]
    Thanks Zo! Sadly, another one off the possible job list.

[s]NBA player[/s]
    [s]Gangsta Rapper[/s]
    [s]Elvis Impersonator[/s]
    [s]Priest[/s]
    [s]"after" Hair model[/s]
    [s]Ron the Bounty Hunter[/s]
    [s]Women's shoe salesman[/s]
    [s]Teacher[/s]
    Construction worker
    Start my fashion show "Straight Eye for the Straight Guy"
    Astronaut
    Used car salesman
    "before" Hair model
    Executive producer
    Lottery winner

[/quote]

i should smite you, lottery winner isnt a jerb!!!!

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=24092.msg1531816#msg1531816 date=1265674135]
    Well I bet you she won't be doodling on any more desks.

Lesson learned. 

Lol. Listen, this was excessive. I agree with all of you out there but holy fuck, you won't believe the bullshit we teachers have to put up with.
    Kids curse and doodle and refuse to do work all fucking day. They think that they can get away with any bullshit and if you don't like it you can suck it. That is their attitude. I don't get a whole lot of it bc I do get some respect but I have kids pulling some shit in my classroom almost daily that makes me want to pull my fucking hair out.
    Just today there was a kid arguing with another kid about closing the window, the kid just didn't want to close it. I asked him nicely to leave it open a crack to circulate the air a little but it was too cold to leave it open as much as he wanted it to be open. Would you believe the kid lost his shit on me and said I was attacking him and I had no right to ask him to close the window. I sent his disrespectful ass out of my classroom. He then proceded to slam the door. Like really, imagine years of that shit... You'll want to throw kids in handcuffs too.
    The secret is to have patience and hopefully a good dose of those moments where kids remind how good it is to be a teacher.
    Middle school kids are the worst. All you parents out there sometimes just want your kid out of your face on occation, imagine day in and out with 100 of them.  It's tough man. Really tough.
    [/quote]

Wanting to throw them in handcuffs and actually doing it though are two different things.  I have nothing but respect for (most) teachers because hey, I couldn't do it.  I simply don't enjoy other people's children.  They grate on my nerves no matter how well behaved or how cute they are.  I just don't like them so I would make a horrible teacher :lol:

But as irritating, infuriating, and downright obnoxious little brats as they can be sometimes, they're just kids.  I see no reason to cuff one or threaten it with "the law" if they're not doing something that would put others in danger.

Now, threatening to staple their little asses to the wall...thats another story altogether. 

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=24092.msg1531926#msg1531926 date=1265678890]
    i should smite you, lottery winner isnt a jerb!!!!
    [/quote]
    If I can just get my foot in the door, I could show you how good I am at it.
    Sadly, I lack experience, but I'm a natural.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

The 12-year-old schoolgirl handcuffed and arrested in February for doodling on her desk plans to sue the city.

A lawyer for Alexa Gonzalez and her mother officially notified the city that they'll seek $1 million in damages for the alarming incident inside Junior High School 190 in Queens.

The legal papers describe Alexa's ordeal as an excessive use of force and a violation of her rights. "We want to stop this from happening to other young children in the future," said the family's lawyer, Joseph Rosenthal.

Using an erasable lime-green marker, Alexa scribbled the message "I love my friends Abby and Faith," Alexa's mom, Moraima Camacho, told the Daily News in February. "The whole situation has been a nightmare."

The notice filed against the city education department and the NYPD reveals Alexa was subjected to harsh treatment even before her arrest.

She was "physically dragged by a teacher and an assistant principal" to the dean's office, the legal papers claim.

School safety officers searched her by placing "their hands inside the rear and front pockets of her jeans."

Despite the fact that officers "knew, or should have known that it was a soluable, erasable marker," police officers were summoned to arrest her, the papers note.

Alexa was perp-walked out of the school in front of her classmates with her hands locked in metal handcuffs behind her back.

Alexa's mother pleaded with the officers to accompany her daughter to the police precinct, but Camacho was told to go home and wait for a call.

Officers placed Alexa in "an enclosed room" at the precinct and handcuffed her to a pole for more than two hours, the papers note.

City lawyers declined to comment, but city officials acknowledged in February the arrest was a mistake.

Alexa is not the first kid to seek justice for excessive force. The family of Chelsea Fraser, then 13, sued the city too after she was arrested for writing "okay" on her desk at Brooklyn's Intermediate School 201.

After then-5-year-old Dennis Rivera was handcuffed for throwing a fit in kindergarten, his family sued for $15 million in damages.

Their lawsuit is ongoing, as is a class-action lawsuit filed by the New York Civil Liberties Union in January on behalf of city middle- and high-school students.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010...ssive_for.html

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

oh jeez.  none of this would have happened if the little brat hadn't written on the damn desk.  like, she couldnt doodle that in her notebook? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24092.msg1585641#msg1585641 date=1270348924]
    oh jeez.  none of this would have happened if the little brat hadn't written on the damn desk.  like, she couldnt doodle that in her notebook? 
    [/quote]

I would hope my kids have more respect and manners than that. The punishment WAS extreme, and didn't fit the crime.

I'd sue them, too. There is no reason to be so extreme over stupid stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24092.msg1585716#msg1585716 date=1270353078]
    [/quote]

I agree with that, totally.
    I would just hope that my kids had the manners to not do that in the first place. EVEN if they did, it's not even an offense that warrants suspension.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

obviously, she shouldnt have been left handcuffed to a pole for a few hours.  but if her parents had taught her to have more respect for other peoples property, then this never would have happened, thats all i'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=24092.msg1585795#msg1585795 date=1270358487]
    obviously, she shouldnt have been left handcuffed to a pole for a few hours.  but if her parents had taught her to have more respect for other peoples property, then this never would have happened, thats all i'm saying.
    [/quote]

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24092.msg1585716#msg1585716 date=1270353078]
    [/quote] 

I agree with you completely!!!!!  Sounds like a lucrative lawsuit to me.  Whatever happened to detention?
    I am impervious to your mockery...

[quote author=Rainmaker link=topic=24092.msg1585815#msg1585815 date=1270360575]

I agree with you completely!!!!!  Sounds like a lucrative lawsuit to me.  Whatever happened to detention?
    [/quote]

I don't care if she writes on her desk but if she walks on my grass I'll whack her. There are lines you just don't cross.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24092.msg1585818#msg1585818 date=1270360909]
    I don't care if she writes on her desk but if she walks on my grass I'll whack her. There are lines you just don't cross.
    [/quote]

:lol:

[quote author=Rainmaker link=topic=24092.msg1585815#msg1585815 date=1270360575]

[/quote]

I like your new av so much better. 

See, DS-the one that posts least can keep that other one. 

[quote author=PunkerDuckie link=topic=24092.msg1529440#msg1529440 date=1265445514]
    when adults at the school caught her, slapped handcuffs on her and marched her to the police precinct directly across the street.

[/quote]

Why are the teachers carrying handcuffs?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=criminallyinsanejake link=topic=24092.msg1588243#msg1588243 date=1270560331]
    Why are the teachers carrying handcuffs?
    [/quote]
    You been to a school lately?  :2eyesbleed:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=24092.msg1588321#msg1588321 date=1270570431]
    You been to a school lately?  :2eyesbleed:
    [/quote]

They arrested her for doodling on a desk, but down the street from me, at the school my son used to go to before I took him out to home-school... a kid in pre-k slapped a teacher TWICE across the face for telling him to sit down.

I wouldn't believe it, if I weren't sitting three feet from them when it happened. The teacher was being as sweet as she could, and told him that if he didn't sit down, he wasn't going to get a smelly (reward) when his parents got there... he slapped her across the face. She stood up, and was shocked. I could tell she didn't know what to do. So anyway, a few seconds passed, and she leaned back down, and was holding his hands so he couldn't do it again, and she was eye level with him, and she said, "You're not going to get a smelly today. You don't hit people, that's not nice, and it hurts!" And he kind of acted like he was going to start crying, and he said, "Are you going to tell my mommy?" And she said, "I have to, that wasn't good behavior." So he yanked his hands away from her and slapped her again. But this time, another teacher saw it, and took him to the entry way to wait by himself by the front doors until his parents got there.

Shit is getting ridiculous these days. I don't know what ever came of that, and I know that a 4-5 year old can't really get in trouble criminally, especially over something like that - but SERIOUSLY - slapping a teacher? I don't know that I would have had great self control with that little fucker. :/
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

mydeathspace

She's just going to drop out by 14 anyway. She will likely have a kid by that point.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=24092.msg1588524#msg1588524 date=1270585341]
    She's just going to drop out by 14 anyway. She will likely have a kid by that point.
    [/quote]

:|
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

mydeathspace

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1588543#msg1588543 date=1270587243]
    :|
    [/quote]

Frown for truth?

Fuck her $1M lawsuit. When my sister was in middle school, there was some unfortunate young kid with a boner in her science class. A female student noticed said boner, caused a big scene, and then told the teacher. In front of the entire class, the teacher told the male student to, &quot;take that thing to the bathroom.&quot; I think that student is more deserving of $1M than this vandal.&nbsp; :lol: Kids have no respect for school property. She's just lucky it wasn't a Catholic school. Someone might have [s]diddled her[/s] doodled on her.&nbsp;

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=24092.msg1588568#msg1588568 date=1270588600]
    Frown for truth?

Fuck her $1M lawsuit. When my sister was in middle school, there was some unfortunate young kid with a boner in her science class. A female student noticed said boner, caused a big scene, and then told the teacher. In front of the entire class, the teacher told the male student to, &quot;take that thing to the bathroom.&quot; I think that student is more deserving of $1M than this vandal.&nbsp; :lol: Kids have no respect for school property. She's just lucky it wasn't a Catholic school. Someone might have [s]diddled her[/s] doodled on her.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I don't know what I'm laughing harder at. The kid with the boner, or your [s]diddled her[/s].
    Rofl. Yeah, I don't think this girl deserves a lawsuit. The bottom line is, it was a little overboard, I think the school has acknowledged that. BUT, she's gotten famous from this shit. So, she needs to take the fame, run with it, and leave the money where it belongs.

Just my opinion, of course! :)

Pretty Sure Hyper Would've Shot Her, No Questions Asked
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

[quote author=MrBoddy2005 link=topic=24092.msg1588636#msg1588636 date=1270593908]
    Pretty Sure Hyper Would've Shot Her, No Questions Asked
    [/quote]

That would certainly send a message.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=24092.msg1585822#msg1585822 date=1270361261]
    :lol:

I like your new av so much better.&nbsp;

See, DS-the one that posts least can keep that other one.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Thanx!!!!&nbsp; I must admit to being initially lazy.&nbsp; I have wanted to post for a long time, but am not as computer savvy as the rest of the group.&nbsp;

I know one thing....I will always remember to &quot;stay off the grass&quot;!&nbsp; &nbsp;
    I am impervious to your mockery...

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24092.msg1588515#msg1588515 date=1270584002]
    They arrested her for doodling on a desk, but down the street from me, at the school my son used to go to before I took him out to home-school... a kid in pre-k slapped a teacher TWICE across the face for telling him to sit down.

I wouldn't believe it, if I weren't sitting three feet from them when it happened. The teacher was being as sweet as she could, and told him that if he didn't sit down, he wasn't going to get a smelly (reward) when his parents got there... he slapped her across the face. She stood up, and was shocked. I could tell she didn't know what to do. So anyway, a few seconds passed, and she leaned back down, and was holding his hands so he couldn't do it again, and she was eye level with him, and she said, &quot;You're not going to get a smelly today. You don't hit people, that's not nice, and it hurts!&quot; And he kind of acted like he was going to start crying, and he said, &quot;Are you going to tell my mommy?&quot; And she said, &quot;I have to, that wasn't good behavior.&quot; So he yanked his hands away from her and slapped her again. But this time, another teacher saw it, and took him to the entry way to wait by himself by the front doors until his parents got there.

Shit is getting ridiculous these days. I don't know what ever came of that, and I know that a 4-5 year old can't really get in trouble criminally, especially over something like that - but SERIOUSLY - slapping a teacher? I don't know that I would have had great self control with that little fucker. :/
    [/quote]

This kid gets an extended trip home.&nbsp; &quot;Sorry mom, we don't allow children to act that way here.&nbsp; So until you can correct this behaviour, he is not allowed back.&quot;&nbsp; He needs some discipline anyway....something too few parents care enough to dole out I guess.&nbsp; It doesn't mean beating the hell out of your kid, but if ground rules are broken, there are consequences.&nbsp; This kid knows no rules.&nbsp; Potential parenting fail.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

[quote author=kevansvault link=topic=24092.msg1589466#msg1589466 date=1270676203]
    This kid gets an extended trip home.&nbsp; &quot;Sorry mom, we don't allow children to act that way here.&nbsp; So until you can correct this behaviour, he is not allowed back.&quot;&nbsp; He needs some discipline anyway....something too few parents care enough to dole out I guess.&nbsp; It doesn't mean beating the hell out of your kid, but if ground rules are broken, there are consequences.&nbsp; This kid knows no rules.&nbsp; Potential parenting fail.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I'm only hoping that's what happened. Sadly, I honestly doubt anything was done at all.

Just like when my son came home one day with cut out pictures from magazines of half naked chicks in his backpack. I immediately called the school and talked to his teacher about how this was inappropriate. I told the teacher what student my son got the pictures from, and she said, &quot;Well, I can't control what they bring to school from home.&quot;

Seriously? You can't control it? So, if a child brings a gun from home, you can't control that? You bet your ass you can! After several attempts to try to get through to them, about things that were completely uncalled for, and them doing nothing - I finally took my son out of school, and have been homeschooling him for 6 months now. Much better decision for the both of us. I refuse to have my child go to a school where they don't enforce rules. Ridiculous.

Thread Information