Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Socialite Gigi Jordan slays son, 8, in failed murder-suicide at posh NY hotel

Re: Socialite Gigi Jordan slays son, 8, in failed murder-suicide at posh NY hotel

[quote author=PunkerDuckie link=topic=24090.msg1539965#msg1539965 date=1266378249]
    :roll:
    [/quote]

She has no clue what is going on...they probably pumped her w/ so many drugs (Not that I sympathize.)

She seems just, delirious and it is OK in her layers eyes.   

Re: Socialite Gigi Jordan slays son, 8, in failed murder-suicide at posh NY hotel

[quote author=merdeath link=topic=24090.msg1539974#msg1539974 date=1266378630]
    She has no clue what is going on...they probably pumped her w/ so many drugs (Not that I sympathize.)

She seems just, delirious and it is OK in her layers eyes.   
    [/quote]

What's ok in her lawyer's eyes? You mean lawyer, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Trial started Wednesday ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1934985

Mother charged with murdering 8-year-old autistic son transferred $125,000 out of his trust fund after death: prosecutors

(Sept. 11, 2014) Wealthy pharmaceutical exec Gigi Jordan left "fresh bruises" on her doomed 8-year-old autistic son after plunging a syringe filled with a deadly cocktail into the boy, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Jordan's deadly act was "chilling and horrifying scenario" in which the non-verbal child, Jude Michael Mirra, slipped into a slow death with gradual organ failure inside a posh Manhattan hotel room, Assistant District Attorney Matthew Bogdanos argued in his opening statement.

The prosecutor told a rapt jury how little Jude slowly succumbed to the pills over several hours on Feb. 5, 2010 inside the five-star Peninsula Hotel.

"In that room were the instruments of death, not just the pills ... but a pill crusher and syringe ... the kind you use to force liquids down someone's throat," Bogdanos said during the opening statements of the long-awaited trial.

"Next to the bed were an empty bottle of Grey Goose vodka and a glass that had some of this poisonous concoction in it, the same poisonous concoction that was found in the syringe, the same poisonous concoction that killed him," Bogdanos said.

In the boy's stomach were "four undissolved pills," an indication that he was still conscious when he was forced to take them, the prosecutor added.

And there were unsettling signs of physical abuse -- "fresh bruises" on the child's body that were identified by the medical examiner.

"The evidence will tell you she got on top of him ... using enough force. And then she took that syringe and she pressed the plunger and emptied the poison into his body," the animated attorney said.

It took "hours" for the life to drain out of the boy with his mother in the high-priced hotel room beside him.

Jordan even suspiciously handled her finances, Bogdanos said -- going to her laptop to transfer $125,000 from his trust fund to her account through her adviser -- as the young boy died in the room with her.

"Clearly he would not be needing it anymore," Bogdanos said of the money.

Jordan, 54, is charged with murder.

Jordan's defense team argues she tried to end her own life while saving his, that she had been convinced that she was going to be killed by her ex-husband, Ray Mirra, while her son?s biological father, Emil Tzekov, subjected him to a life of sexual abuse.

"She brought him the peace she couldn't give him during his life. She protected him from the animals that she couldn't keep from his door before then," argued on of her attorneys Allan Brenner.

"So she sits here forever broken-hearted, stranded here," he added.

Testimony in the trial, that's expected to last into November, began Wednesday afternoon.

Jordan faces up to life in prison if convicted.

The trial is before Justice Charles Solomon.

Surveillance video shows Jordan leaving the Peninsula Hotel and at a Chase bank where she transferred money.

And this:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/...-in-nyc-hotel/

The prosecutor said Jordan, who made her fortune in the pharmaceutical business, brought with her 5,918 pills -- including Xanax, Prozac, Ambien and hydrocodone. Bogdanos said in opening arguments that "there were enough pills in that room to fill a pharmacy shelf."

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

6000 pills?!?!?!!? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea0121 View Post
    6000 pills?!?!?!!? Jesus.
    Karen Walker's dream!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Evil Ambient.

Mom Admits Killing Autistic Son
    New York (CNN) ? Former pharmaceutical executive Gigi Jordan testified that she knowingly gave a lethal concoction of drugs to her 8-year-old autistic son.
    Fighting back tears as she took the stand for the first time in her second-degree murder trial, Jordan said Wednesday that she knowingly gave herself and her son, Jude Mirra, enough drugs to kill them both. The prosecution, meanwhile, contends the killing was premeditated and Jordan expected to survive.
    When her Manhattan trial opened last month, Jordan showed no emotion as a prosecutor described to a jury a ?chilling and horrifying scenario? in which Jordan allegedly forced the autistic boy to swallow a deadly drug cocktail. Bruises on the boy?s nose, chin and chest indicated that she got on top of him and pressed the poisonous mix of painkillers and anti-inflammatories down his throat with a syringe, the prosecutor alleged.
    Looking gaunt and pale, Jordan denied that scenario on the stand Wednesday.
    ?Did you climb on top of Jude and grab his jaw and forcibly put liquid drugs down his throat,? defense lawyer Allan Brenner asked.
    ?No,? Jordan told the jury.
    ?Did you knowingly give Jude and yourself enough drugs to kill yourself and him??
    ?Yes,? she responded, tears welling in her eyes.
    Asked about a history of suicide in her family, Jordan said an aunt killed herself when Jordan was 12 and her mother tried three times.
    Brenner and the defense team are trying to convince the jury that Jordan was a desperate mother ultimately driven to kill Jude by her two former husbands: One who had allegedly threatened to kill her, a crime that would have left the boy with his biological father, who she believed had sexually abused Jude.
    On the stand Wednesday, Jordan, a former nurse who made millions in a home heath care company, also suggested that the boy was physically and sexually abused not only by his biological father but by her first husband and his wife as well as the woman who took the Jude to school. She testified that the boy was assaulted by ?a good number of people.?
    Jude was autistic and his vocabulary was limited, but one night he started screaming, according to Jordan: ? ?Dad bad. Dad bad. Dad bad.? Jude was never able to articulate the word and not clearly like he was screaming at the top of his lungs.?
    Jordan testified that she held her son as Jude gestured at his crotch. He pulled Jordan in front of him and whispered, ?Dad, butt. Finger, Finger.? He also kept saying dad, and it was clear he was talking about his dad,? she told the jury.
    She testified that the boy had been forced to eat feces and do other ?gruesome and horrible? things by his biological father.
    The boy?s father has denied the allegations and has never been charged, CNN affiliate WCBS reported.
    In court, no one has disputed the unthinkable manner in which little Jude spent his final hours on February 5, 2010. Police found his cold body after they were dispatched to the luxury Peninsula Hotel in Manhattan. The call to police came after a relative of Jordan was unable to reach her.
    At an autopsy, four of the painkillers and anti-inflammatories used to kill Jude were recovered undigested from his stomach, prosecutors said. Orange juice and vodka were used to wash down the drugs.
    ?His fate was sealed,? assistant district attorney Matt Bogdanos said in opening statements. ?He didn?t die fast. One by one, his vital organs shut down. It didn?t take minutes. It took hours to die.?
    While Jude lay dying, Bogdanos said, Jordan sent an email to a financial adviser instructing him to transfer the $125,000 trust she set up for her son to her personal account.
    Brenner said Jordan, believing she was ultimately protecting her son, brought the drugs to the hotel room with the intention of killing them both, but she survived the suicide attempt.
    The prosecution sought to show the jury that the killing was premeditated and that Jordan expected to survive.
    Bogdanos said Jordan ?went to the bank, she transferred $8 million from savings to checking. She checked in (at the hotel) without a reservation and paid cash.?
    The exact time of the boy?s death could not be determined, but Jude?s body temperature was 80 degrees, suggesting that when police arrived, he had been dead for 8 to 14 hours, Bogdanos said.
    Police found a variety of drugs, which the prosecutor enumerated for the jury: ?Xanax, 1,000 pills; Prozac, 200 pills; Ambien 400 pills; Celebrex, a pain reliever, 250 pills; Trexone, similar to morphine, 300 pills; and hydrocodone.? These were among the drugs found in the hotel room and part of the lethal mix that Jordan allegedly gave her son, according to Bogdanos.
    But Brenner has sought to show that Jordan acted out of love and desperation.
    She had been threatened by her first husband and former business partner, Brenner said. She had accused the man of raiding her bank accounts and defrauding her of millions in profits from their joint businesses. She filed a lawsuit against him in 2012, seeking damages for breach of contract and fraud.
    Defendant Gigi Jordan ?knew all the dirty deals,? Brenner said. Her first husband ?knew that Jude was her soft spot.?
    Jordan ?believed he was going to kill her, leaving a sexual predator to exercise his paternal rights,? Brenner told the jury.
    Her first husband filed a lawsuit in August 2013, claiming Jordan defamed him in interviews she gave the media in an effort to advance her defense.
    Jordan believed that if she died, Jude?s biological father, a yoga instructor, would have gained custody, according to Brenner.
    Brenner said Jordan told a therapist and local authorities about the alleged abuse but no action was taken.
    Jordan then decided to seek the help of a nationally renowned expert on child exploitation in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
    After being interviewed by him for 30 minutes, Brenner said, Jordan was accused of being unfit and delusional, taken to a medical facility and separated from her son for several months before being reunited with the boy.
    Jordan faces 15 years to life in prison if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

I'm sorry guys, I could not post a link I dont know why.
    It's from KRON4

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by missbad View Post
    I'm sorry guys, I could not post a link I dont know why.
    It's from KRON4
    It's not the same web site, but here is one similar
    http://nypost.com/2014/10/08/gigi-jo...drug-cocktail/

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I think it's incredibly sick to kill yourself, and your child too. However, when women do this, and it's mostly women who seem too; it's a cry for help. I'm not saying that she shouldn't be punished, however, I think she should. I just think that a lot of the "punishment" should require mental health treatment, instead of jail time. It's no doubt that she took enough pills to kill herself, so why argue that her motive was only murder? Women, Black, White, but all are poor, seem to get the death penalty for these types of crime all of the time. Andrea Yates is getting the help she needs, and she didn't try to commit suicide. I don't get it. There was a woman that received the death penalty, and was subsequently put to death for trying to commit a murder suicide. The state argued that she never intended to kill herself. She took the same drugs used during executions. It all just majes me sad.

Tl; dr I think we need to treat these women instead of locking them up and throwing away the key. By no means am I advocating for these women to be released, and allowed to have kids again. However, if after 20 years they show improvement....evaluate them then.

I get what you're saying Queena, but I would find it a little hard to compare GiGi's murder anything like the Yates' murder.

From everything I've read, it really sounds like Gigi murdered her little boy to get back at his dad. Then she stole the little boy's money. To me- that's makes his death all about money. She was pharmacy millionaire. I'm pretty sure she knew exactly what amounts of x would kill her and him.

Yates was found insane.
    There were many many things leading up to the murder of her boys.

I'm going to copy paste from wiki.
    In the summer of 1989, she met Russell "Rusty" Yates at the Sunscape Apartments in Houston, two months her junior. They soon moved in together and were married on April 17, 1993,[7] and they announced that they "would seek to have as many babies as nature allowed". Afterwards, they bought a four-bedroom house in Friendswood. In February 1994, their first child, Noah, was born. Shortly thereafter, Rusty accepted a job offer in Florida, so they relocated to a small trailer in Seminole. By the birth of their third son, Paul, they moved back to Houston and purchased a GMC motor home.[7]

Following the birth of their fourth son, Luke, Yates became depressed. The media alleged that her condition was influenced by the extremist sermons of Michael Peter Woroniecki, the preacher who sold them their bus.[clarification needed] Her family was concerned by the way that she was so captivated by the minister’s words.[7]

On June 16, 1999, Rusty found Andrea shaking and chewing her fingers. The next day, she attempted to commit suicide by overdosing on pills. She was admitted to the hospital, and prescribed antidepressants. Soon after her release, she begged her husband to let her die as she held a knife up to her neck. Once again hospitalized, she was given a mixture of medications including Haldol, an anti-psychotic drug. Her condition improved immediately, and she was prescribed it on her release. After that, Rusty moved the family into a small house for the sake of her health. She appeared temporarily stabilized.[7] In July 1999, she succumbed to a nervous breakdown, which culminated in two suicide attempts and two psychiatric hospitalizations that summer. She was diagnosed with postpartum psychosis.[8]

Yates' first psychiatrist, Dr. Eileen Starbranch, testified that she urged the couple not to have more children, as it would "guarantee future psychotic depression". They conceived their fifth and final child approximately 7 weeks after her discharge.[9] She stopped taking the Haldol in March 2000 and gave birth to daughter Mary on November 30 of that year. She seemed to be coping well until the death of her father on March 12, 2001.[10]

Yates then stopped taking medication, mutilated herself, and read the Bible feverishly. She also stopped feeding her youngest child, Mary.[7] She became so incapacitated that she required immediate hospitalization. On April 1, 2001, she came under the care of Dr. Mohammed Saeed. She was treated and released. On May 3, 2001, she degenerated back into a "near catatonic" state and drew a bath in the middle of the day; she would later confess to police that she had planned to drown the children that day, but had decided against doing it then. She was hospitalized the next day after a scheduled doctor visit; her psychiatrist determined she was probably suicidal and had filled the tub to drown herself.[10][11]

Yates continued under Dr. Saeed's care until June 20, 2001, when Rusty left for work, leaving her alone to watch the children against Dr. Saeed's instructions to supervise her around the clock.[12] His mother, Dora Yates, had been scheduled by him to arrive an hour later to take over for her. In the space of that hour, Andrea drowned all five children.[13] She started with John, Paul, and Luke, and after drowning them, laid them in her bed. She then drowned Mary, whom she left floating in the tub. Noah came in and asked what was wrong with Mary. He then ran, but she soon caught and drowned him. She then left him floating in the tub and laid Mary in his arms. Afterwards, she called the police. Then she called Rusty, saying only "It's time" repeatedly.[7]

I'm confused about them bringing up the $$$. Was she in financial difficulties? Doesn't it say she was the one who set up the trust fund in the first place? If she was able to transfer the lot in one hit like that she must've at least had 100% control over it wouldn't she?

Is it possible she used her own $$ to set it up for his future & after deciding neither of them were going to have need for $$ she transferred it back to her own account so that whoever was executor of her will had slightly less legal drama managing her estate

(Of course, in the likely event that I've missed a giant article discussing an ex setting up the trust for her son, just completely disregard everything I said)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/06/ny...-son.html?_r=0

Gigi Jordan Convicted of Manslaughter, Not Murder, in Son's Killing

(Nov. 6, 2014) It was, to say the least, an unusual murder defense.

Gigi Jordan admitted she poisoned her son, giving the 8-year-old a lethal dose of medications. But she said she did so only because she feared she would be murdered by her first husband, and her son, who had autism, would end up in the custody of his father, a man she suspected of committing child abuse.

Ms. Jordan's claims formed the basis of her "extreme emotional disturbance" defense, a novel twist on a strategy that experts say is normally used for murders committed in a jealous rage when infidelity is discovered, or during heated moments after someone sees a family member killed.

On Wednesday, during its fifth day of deliberations, a Manhattan jury accepted Ms. Jordan's claims and found her guilty of manslaughter, rejecting the prosecution's call for a murder conviction.

Ms. Jordan, 53, sighed deeply but showed little other emotion as the verdict was read Wednesday morning. Despite the outcome, her lawyers said she still intended to appeal the verdict. Ms. Jordan faces five to 25 years in prison when sentenced; had she been convicted of murder, she would have faced a sentence of 25 years to life.

To prove Ms. Jordan acted during an extreme emotional disturbance, defense lawyers had to show not only that her state of mind was violently transformed, but also that her emotions were reasonable and based on objective evidence.

One juror, who asked not to be identified because the judge had asked the jury not to talk about the deliberations, said the jurors did not necessarily accept Ms. Jordan's claims as fact, but that they came to agree that she believed they were true. The juror said the panel agreed Ms. Jordan's beliefs about her ex-husbands, even if incorrect or irrational, met the legal definition of extreme emotional disturbance. "Any belief, however incorrect, fit the description," the juror said. "It was clear that she believed these stories."

During four days of emotional testimony, Ms. Jordan, a wealthy medical entrepreneur, admitted she gave her son, Jude Mirra, a fatal dose of drugs at the Peninsula Hotel in February 2010. She said she asked him to wash the pills down with juice.

The killing, she said, was an act of mercy toward her son, who was autistic and did not speak. She testified that one ex-husband had threatened to kill her, and her other ex-husband -- whom she suspected of sadistically abusing the boy -- would then gain custody.

"I didn't see any way out of this situation," she testified. "I made a decision that I was going to end my life and Jude's life."

Neither of her former husbands testified at the trial, but both have strongly denied the allegations.

Ms. Jordan, a former nurse from Manhattan who became an entrepreneur and made more than $50 million with home health care companies, testified she received death threats from her first ex-husband in the days preceding her son's death, after she confronted him about money transfers out of their accounts.

Two years earlier, she testified, Jude had informed her that his father -- her second husband -- had repeatedly sodomized and tortured him. She said her son first described the abuse with a few partial words and gestures, but then, in a breakthrough three months later, learned to type on a laptop and gave a detailed account, naming several other people as well.

Ms. Jordan's lawyer, Allan L. Brenner, contended the threats from her first husband, coupled with her fear that her son would again be abused, caused an emotional maelstrom. She saw a murder-suicide as the only path out of their predicament, he said. "She did it because she loved Jude," Mr. Brenner told jurors in his summation last week.

But prosecutors presented evidence suggesting the killing of Jude was not a spur-of-the-moment act. She testified she had thought about the crime for days before she carried it out. She had not seen either of her former husbands for months, and both men had relinquished their parental rights to Jude.

More at the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/06/ny...-son.html?_r=0
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

whomp whomp

she seems like she killed him because she was sick of dealing with him and wanted his money.

If she had 6000 pills in that hotel room then why didn't she die too? It's because she didn't want to.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    If she had 6000 pills in that hotel room then why didn't she die too? It's because she didn't want to.
    Exactly. How the fuck does one get 6000 pills? Fucking christ, that is a lot of meds!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I don't agree with the juror's decision at all. She's basically going to be sentenced to 5 years, but she'll probably get out right away with time served and some parole.

Gigi Jordan gets 15 years for Killing Autistic 8-year-old Son

Gigi Jordan, a former pharmaceuticals executive and socialite convicted in the death of her autistic 8-year-old son, was sentenced Thursday to 18 years in prison, reports CBS New York. That's seven years less than the maximum she faced.

The prosecution asked Judge Charles Solomon to hit Jordan with the maximum sentence, and her defense team argued for leniency.

In a jailhouse interview with CBS New York in October, Jordan said she killed her son with a poisonous cocktail of drugs, vodka and juice in the luxury Peninsula Hotel in midtown Manhattan in February 2010 out of "a mother's love."

Jordan assembled several of the city's top attorneys who said she was in the throes of fear and panic, based on her belief that her son was the victim of emotional physical and sexual abuse, inflicted on him by predators in his life.

Those accusations were never substantiated in court, but Jordan told the station she believed her son, Jude Mirra, faced a fate worse than death should she die.

"I wanted him to be safe and at peace at any cost," Jordan said.

In the interview, she said her biggest regret was her failed suicide on the night she killed her son.

"That was my intent, was to die that night," she said. "I had no reason to live after Jude's death."

"I died the night Jude died. My soul died that night," she said.

In November, the jury accepted her claim that she acted during a state of "extreme emotional disturbance" and found her guilty of first-degree manslaughter, not the top count of murder.

The station reports that jurors spent days reviewing evidence that showed what Jordan's state of mind was at the time she killed her son Jude. The jury found that she had reason to believe that her ex-husband was going to kill her and that the boy's biological father, who she claimed sexually abused Jude for years, would gain custody of the child. She claimed she killed her son to spare him from a lifetime of "unimaginable suffering."

Trained as a nurse, Gigi Jordan went on to launch companies that administer drugs to patients in their home. After making an estimated $40 million, she left her career to travel the country seeking medical answers for her son.

Prosecutors alleged Jordan could not fix her son's autism so she killed him. But in court, Jordan insisted Jude was never a burden.

Jordan admitted on the witness stand that she gave Jude a fatal cocktail of prescription drugs in February 2010 at the Peninsula Hotel. Dr. Edward Barbieri, a forensic pharmacologist, told jurors he found extremely high levels of Xanax in the child's blood -- 19 times what an adult would take. Barbieri said Jude also was fed a lot of Prozac and another sedative that reduces blood pressure, which was given to him at a deadly level of 20 to 40 times that of an adult dosage.

Despite the fact that Jude was nonverbal, Jordan testified that the boy learned to communicate with her by typing on a laptop computer and BlackBerry. That was how, she said, he told her about the repeated abuse he endured, which had bizarre satanic elements - from being forced to drink blood and kill animals to being zapped with electricity.

The boy also typed a message saying he wanted to die, Jordan testified.

Jude's father denies the allegations of abuse and has never been charged. Her ex-husband has denied all her allegations and has sued her for slander.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york...-year-old-son/

I still think this murdering woman got off easy.

Last week, as she awaited the verdict, Jordan spoke to Dr. Phil in an exclusive interview from Rikers Island, New York and said that she saw no option but to kill her son.
    'To run would only make me more vulnerable,' she said. 'I felt completely incapable of protecting him. Whether that was rational or not, I can't say, but I don't think I'm a cold blooded murderer.'
    Dr Phil asked: 'Who gave you the right to end this child's life?'
    'I wanted him to be safe,' she responded. 'I didn't want him to be tortured anymore.'
    And when asked if she has any regrets and she said simply: 'I would have done a better job of ending my own life.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3bW7m23wG
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Speaking of gays, (yes I am new. I can't figure out this forum for the life of me fml) one of my bestfriends was murdered a week or so ago. His husband died from cancer 1 year previous and he was meeting guys online for sex. The one who killed him stapled him 74 times and slit his throat.. I wanted a thread on him but can't figure it out :((( can someone please do this for me? His name is Joseph Stanick from Southbridge MA.

TIA!! Xo
    -dee

I hate this woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

It's a bunch of hooey that this non verbal child was able to speak enough words to tell her the father was abusing him. Miracle upon miracles, he learns to communicate vie her helping hands on a laptop. Every word she speaks is a lie and the jury was pretty stupid.

She devoted her life to caring for him and had experienced having him removed from her previously for mental issues. She was fearful about losing him again to her ex, so she had the mindset of if I can't have him, no one can. She seems like a powerful force and used to having things her way. Naming the child after the ex is just so weird, it doesn't surprise me that her marriage to the kids dad didn't last. She had recent arguments with the kids dad over money being withdrawn from some accounts. I think this was her way of winning the war with her ex and wonder if the father of the kid took money from the kids account.

Millionaire pharma exec convicted of poisoning autistic son should be released from prison, appeals court order

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...3m4-story.html

A millionaire pharmaceutical executive who killed her 8-year-old autistic son should be released from prison due to a judge’s unusual decision to close the courtroom during her 2014 trial, the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled.

A Manhattan federal judge overturned Gigi Jordan’s first-degree manslaughter conviction in September, ruling that her Sixth Amendment right to a public trial had been violated. Jordan was serving 18 years in prison for administering a fatal injection of prescription drugs to her non-verbal son in the Peninsula Hotel.

The office of Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance appealed the decision. On Wednesday, the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals denied Vance’s effort to keep Jordan locked up at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility while it fought the decision.

“Jordan has already served some eleven years of her sentence, more than 70 percent of her likely provisional sentence; and the State does not argue that Jordan will pose a danger to the public if released,” the court wrote in a one-page order.

State prison records showed Thursday that Jordan, 60, is still in custody at the women’s prison in Westchester.

Her impending freedom is the result of a closed-door hearing on Oct. 1, 2014 in the midst of a nine-week trial. Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Charles Solomon briefly kicked the public out of his courtroom while discussing information Jordan posted on the internet about her case.

“The trial court’s closure of the courtroom was deliberate, over the multiple, strenuous objections of Jordan’s counsel, and was a closure that the trial court in fact acknowledged after the fact may well have been erroneous,” wrote Manhattan Federal Magistrate Judge Sarah Cave, overturning Jordan’s conviction.

Jordan will be subject to conditions set by a federal court upon release, according to filings.

“Our Office strenuously disagrees with the grant of habeus in this case, which misapprehends the applicable law, and if it becomes necessary we will re-try Ms. Jordan for the premeditated killing of Jude Mirra, her 8-year-old son,” Vance spokesman Danny Frost said.

An inquiry with the lawyer who won Jordan’s release was not returned.

“Ms. Jordan has spent 11 years behind bars without a fair trial and the 2nd circuit has recognized that. Enough is enough,” said attorney Ron Kuby, who represented Jordan in the leadup to her trial.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I was so wrong. As the mother to a semi verbal child that I think is autistic, I can't imagine killing him. If I thought that my child was being molested I would go to the police. There's no way that she had 6k pills and couldn't kill herself. My apologies everyone. I was very wrong.

I don't get it. How does having a closed courtroom hurt her?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information