Thread: Godfather used Facebook to run empire from jail

the color nine

Godfather used Facebook to run empire from jail

ONE of Britain’s most dangerous gangsters has been using Facebook to threaten and intimidate his enemies from a maximum security prison.

Colin Gunn, an underworld godfather who ordered the execution of two grandparents, has been able to correspond freely with up to 565 “friends” on the social networking site for the past two months.

Gunn, a “double-A” category inmate who is serving a 35-year sentence for conspiracy to murder, is said to be still running his drugs and organised crime cartel from jail.

He claims he was allowed to set up a Facebook account by prison governors, insisting it was his legal right.

Critics believe the authorities may have turned a blind eye out of fear of receiving a legal challenge on human rights grounds.

In one posting, Gunn, 42, said: “I will be home one day and I can’t wait to look into certain people’s eyes and see the fear of me being there.” In another message he wrote: “It’s good to have an outlet to let you know how I am, some of you will be in for a good slagging, some have let me down badly, and will be named and shamed, f****** rats.”

Gunn’s criminal empire in Nottingham was one of the main reasons why it became known as “assassination city”.

His site, which he appears to have been able to update on a daily basis, was shut down on Friday after The Sunday Times raised the alarm.

Jack Straw, the justice secretary, said that he will launch a crackdown on Facebook use by prisoners.

Straw’s department insisted that social networking sites are prohibited in jail, but Gunn is the latest — albeit the most dangerous — offender to be caught posting comments.

Last week it emerged Jade Braithwaite, one of the thugs jailed for knifing to death Ben Kinsella, 16, used Facebook to taunt his victim’s family.
    http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article7009743.ece

Re: Godfather used Facebook to run empire from jail

Mafia Wars is serious business.

the color nine

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=24034.msg1523045#msg1523045 date=1264896052]
    Mafia Wars is serious business.
    [/quote]

Just ask John and Joan Stirland, oh wait, you can't.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=24034.msg1523085#msg1523085 date=1264899518]

Just ask John and Joan Stirland, oh wait, you can't.

[/quote]
    Which one is John?

Thread Information