Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad and Angelina to Split....Have seen divorce atty to split $ and kids

Re: Brad and Angelina to Split....Have seen divorce atty to split $ and kids

Ummm he staged an intervention for Ang to get psych. help?  So why does he think it is best the kids live with her?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23954.msg1515917#msg1515917 date=1264302228]
    Actually there is no amount of time associated with it. A lot of people believe 7 years, but that's a myth.
    [/quote]

I'm common law married!  :2shocked:

I've seen this story a few times in shit waiting room magazines over here.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=23954.msg1516101#msg1516101 date=1264331200]
    I'm common law married!  :2shocked:

I've seen this story a few times in shit waiting room magazines over here.
    [/quote]

Surely it's time he made a decent woman outta you? :lol:

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=23954.msg1516117#msg1516117 date=1264339033]
    Surely it's time he made a decent woman outta you? :lol:

[/quote]

I'm already decent! And I'd rather not. Marriage wouldn't make my life any different or improve it in any way. I might consider it if I were to benefit from it.  :lol:
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

the color nine

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=23954.msg1516121#msg1516121 date=1264340643]

I'm already decent! And I'd rather not. Marriage wouldn't make my life any different or improve it in any way. I might consider it if I were to benefit from it.  :lol:
    [/quote]

I got insurance!  :2smiley:

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=23954.msg1516219#msg1516219 date=1264351629]

I got insurance!  :2smiley:
    [/quote]

We don't have that here. We've already made wills so I get everything anyway, so I have no reason to marry him. It was cheaper to make a will than have a wedding.  :2smiley:

Kudos to you missus!

the color nine

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=23954.msg1516222#msg1516222 date=1264351722]
    We don't have that here. We've already made wills so I get everything anyway, so I have no reason to marry him. It was cheaper to make a will than have a wedding.  :2smiley:

Kudos to you missus!
    [/quote]

He always moans that I married him just for the insurance and I say oh don't be silly.  

Common Law Marriage FAQ

Common Law Marriage is not recognized in the state of California.
    Learn what it is and where it's recognized.

What's Below:

* If my partner and I live together long enough, won't we have a common law marriage?
        * Which states recognize common law marriage?

If my partner and I live together long enough, won't we have a common law marriage?

Contrary to popular belief, even if two people live together for a certain number of years, if they don't intend to be married and present themselves to others as a married couple, there is no common law marriage. More particularly, a common law marriage can occur only when:

* a heterosexual couple lives together in a state that recognizes common law marriages
        * for a significant period of time (not defined in any state)
        * holding themselves out as a married couple -- typically this means using the same last name, referring to the other as "my husband" or "my wife" and filing a joint tax return, and
        * intending to be married.

Unless all four are true, there is no common law marriage. When a common law marriage exists, the couple must go through a formal divorce to end the relationship.
    (back to top)
    Which states recognize common law marriage?

Common law marriage is recognized only in the following states:

* Alabama
        * Colorado
        * District of Columbia
        * Iowa
        * Kansas
        * Montana
        * New Hampshire (for inheritance purposes only)
        * Oklahoma
        * Pennsylvania
        * Rhode Island
        * South Carolina
        * Texas
        * Utah

http://www.cadivorceonline.com/calpages/Alimony/commonlawmarriage.asp

I hate the whole Brangelina thing

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

i havent read the whole thread, but im not really believing this.  also, i dont know if its been mentioned, but i think its funny how angelina says shed never sleep with a married man, but she was knocked up with shiloh before brad was divorced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23954.msg1516668#msg1516668 date=1264374666]
    i havent read the whole thread, but im not really believing this.  also, i dont know if its been mentioned, but i think its funny how angelina says shed never sleep with a married man, but she was knocked up with shiloh before brad was divorced.
    [/quote]

agreed...

There is no truth to this whatsoever. It's a fictional blog fraught with inaccuracies reporting a story that gets told every time there's a lull in gossip.

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23954.msg1516668#msg1516668 date=1264374666]
    [/quote]
    If you calculate the time of conception it was around the time that Jennifer actually filed for divorce. So yeah he was technically married but going through the process already.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=23954.msg1516672#msg1516672 date=1264374904]
    There is no truth to this whatsoever. It's a fictional blog fraught with inaccuracies reporting a story that gets told every time there's a lull in gossip.
    [/quote]

It's going to have to be real some time. I mean, nobody believes they'll be together forever, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23954.msg1516726#msg1516726 date=1264377139]
    It's going to have to be real some time. I mean, nobody believes they'll be together forever, right?
    [/quote]
    Yeah but by that logic they should also run a headline weekly that says Angelina Jolie found dead because one day that will be true too.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=23954.msg1516753#msg1516753 date=1264378262]
    Yeah but by that logic they should also run a headline weekly that says Angelina Jolie found dead because one day that will be true too.
    [/quote]

:lol:  Well that's not actually what I meant. My point was you're so sure it's untrue, but one day you will be incorrect as it will be true.

[quote author=HeyyyMan link=topic=23954.msg1516676#msg1516676 date=1264375109]
    If you calculate the time of conception it was around the time that Jennifer actually filed for divorce. So yeah he was technically married but going through the process already.
    [/quote]

married is married. 

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23954.msg1515961#msg1515961 date=1264307782]
    I don't know if you really can, but with common law marriage, like I said the lines are blurry and I think it might come down to who has the best lawyer if you need to prove you are or are not married in court.

Like I call my ex-husband my husband here, we live together, we have joint bank accounts. But anyone who is not a stranger or needs to know for any reason is aware we're not really married. So if I ever go to court to prove I'm not married, I'm not calling anyone from MDS.  :lol: But maybe if he was aware of how to turn a computer on and wanted to prove we were married for some reason, he could use the fact that I call him my husband here.

I think it's a legal quagmire and the reason that I tell him if we split and he tries to get a dime's worth of my house I will kill him. It's just easier.
    [/quote]

wait, wut?  you're divorced but still together? 
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Feel bad for the kids.  I thought they had potential as a rare celeb couple to actually go the distance.  

Now Speidi takes over the reign. :|

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23954.msg1516758#msg1516758 date=1264378411]
    married is married.  

wait, wut?  you're divorced but still together?  
    [/quote]
    You are right ma'am.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20339066,00.html

While reports are swirling that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are headed for a split, multiple sources close to the family tell PEOPLE that the rumors are false.

"Everything is fine" with the couple, who are parents to six kids, a source says.

Another source says the split reports, which were first published in a British tabloid, are "totally false."

In recent weeks, it's been business as usual for the busy couple – movie shoots, family outings, charity work – and several observers say they saw nothing amiss.

Couple Time
    On Jan. 2, Pitt, 46, and Jolie, 34, shared a romantic dinner for two at the French restaurant Le Perigord. "You could tell they wanted to spend time alone and didn't want to be bothered by anybody else," says a source. "It was wonderful to see a couple so much in love."

Busy Work Schedules
    With filming wrapped, the two headed back to Los Angeles to work on pre-production for their upcoming movies: Jolie's The Tourist and Pitt's Lost City of Z. On Jan. 16, Pitt took their eldest son, Maddox, on a boys' trip to the New Orleans Saints' playoff game, while Jolie was spotted grocery shopping and dropping by an Apple Store in L.A. with daughters Zahara and Shiloh.

In the last few days, Jolie reportedly jetted to New York City for a Vanity Fair photo shoot, while Pitt stayed in L.A. to participate in friend George Clooney’s Hope for Haiti Now telethon. (Both Pitt and Jolie made major donations to the relief effort.) Pitt didn’t attend Saturday's Screen Actors Guild Awards, where his Inglourious Basterds picked up the award for best ensemble cast.

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23954.msg1516758#msg1516758 date=1264378411]
    married is married. 

wait, wut?  you're divorced but still together? 
    [/quote]

Yeah yeah married is married but if you're getting divorced why would it matter? And yes.

[quote author=HeyyyMan link=topic=23954.msg1516760#msg1516760 date=1264378450]
    You are right ma'am.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20339066,00.html

While reports are swirling that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are headed for a split, multiple sources close to the family tell PEOPLE that the rumors are false.

"Everything is fine" with the couple, who are parents to six kids, a source says.

Another source says the split reports, which were first published in a British tabloid, are "totally false."

In recent weeks, it's been business as usual for the busy couple – movie shoots, family outings, charity work – and several observers say they saw nothing amiss.

Couple Time
    On Jan. 2, Pitt, 46, and Jolie, 34, shared a romantic dinner for two at the French restaurant Le Perigord. "You could tell they wanted to spend time alone and didn't want to be bothered by anybody else," says a source. "It was wonderful to see a couple so much in love."

Busy Work Schedules
    With filming wrapped, the two headed back to Los Angeles to work on pre-production for their upcoming movies: Jolie's The Tourist and Pitt's Lost City of Z. On Jan. 16, Pitt took their eldest son, Maddox, on a boys' trip to the New Orleans Saints' playoff game, while Jolie was spotted grocery shopping and dropping by an Apple Store in L.A. with daughters Zahara and Shiloh.

In the last few days, Jolie reportedly jetted to New York City for a Vanity Fair photo shoot, while Pitt stayed in L.A. to participate in friend George Clooney’s Hope for Haiti Now telethon. (Both Pitt and Jolie made major donations to the relief effort.) Pitt didn’t attend Saturday's Screen Actors Guild Awards, where his Inglourious Basterds picked up the award for best ensemble cast.

[/quote]

Did you mean to quote Ms. All Knowie?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23954.msg1516770#msg1516770 date=1264378696]
    Yeah yeah married is married but if you're getting divorced why would it matter? And yes.

Did you mean to quote Ms. All Knowie?
    [/quote]
    No, I was talking about the married is married part haha.

[quote author=HeyyyMan link=topic=23954.msg1516771#msg1516771 date=1264378733]
    No, I was talking about the married is married part haha.
    [/quote]

Oh, ha you confused the old lady.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23954.msg1516770#msg1516770 date=1264378696]
    [/quote]

what was the point of getting divorced, then?    um.  if you dont want to answer, its cool. i know its a personal thing.  :-)

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23954.msg1516775#msg1516775 date=1264378849]
    what was the point of getting divorced, then?    um.  if you dont want to answer, its cool. i know its a personal thing.  :-)

[/quote]

It's complicated. And if I told the whole story it would have to be in the "I'm a shitty person" thread.  :lol:

I had no idea Brad Pitt was that old...Wonder if Angelina will be a cougar when they do break up (which we know will happen someday)?

Thread Information