Thread: Mum kills son with injection of heroin after suffering brain damage

Mum kills son with injection of heroin after suffering brain damage

May not sound that weird but he suffered the brain damage after falling out of an ambulance 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8470572.stm

A mother convicted of murdering her disabled son by injecting him with heroin at a Hertfordshire care home has been jailed for life.

Frances Inglis, 57, of Dagenham, Essex, denied murdering Thomas Inglis, 22, on 21 November 2008 and an earlier attempt to kill him on 4 September 2007.

But a jury at the Old Bailey found her guilty of both charges. She must serve a minimum of nine years.

Mr Inglis suffered brain damage when he fell out of an ambulance in July 2007.

The jury reached their verdicts by a majority of 10 to two after deliberating for more than six hours.

Alex Inglis: "All of the family and Tom's girlfriend support my mum 100%"
    There were cries of "shame on you" from the public gallery as the verdicts were read out.

Before the jury went out to deliberate, Judge Brian Barker told them "there is no concept in law of mercy killing - it is still killing".

Judge Barker said there was no doubt Ms Inglis had tried to take her son's life in September 2007 and succeeded using an "identical" method 14 months later.

In summing up, the judge said the background of "tragedy and grief" will have struck a chord with all who had heard it.

He said: "It would be extraordinary if we didn't feel empathy with the family and what Mrs Inglis had to face."

During the trial Inglis said: "For Tom to live that living hell - I couldn't leave my child like that.

"I did it with love in my heart, for Tom, so I don't see it as murder."

Inglis told the court she had started to research her son's condition on the internet within days of his accident.

She also claimed she had to beg hospital staff to give him some relief for his "terrible pain".

Detectives investigating the first incident in September 2007 found notes stored under the stairs at her home in Dagenham, east London, the Old Bailey heard.

One said: "People keep saying Tom isn't suffering. How do they know? Can they know the terror of knowing you cannot control anything anymore?

"Can they know the agony of being denied pain relief just to see his reaction?"

She later told police: "When I wrote this I was sort of off my head really," the court heard.

Neighbour Sharon Robinson said Mrs Inglis wanted to know where she could get heroin
    Inglis said she was convinced the doctor treating her son at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, was lying about his chances of recovery.

The jury heard from Inglis's other son Alex, who said his brother's injuries had driven his mother almost "insane".

Following the first murder attempt in September 2007, Mr Inglis was moved to the Gardens nursing home in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire.

His mother was not supposed to visit him as part of her bail conditions.

But on 11 November that year Inglis visited, pretending to be her sister and signing in with the name Atkins, jurors were told.

When a nurse went to Mr Inglis's room she found his mother, who told her she had HIV and threatened to spit at her before shutting the door, the court heard.

'I injected him'

The nurse went for help to get into the room but when she reached the patient it was clear he was dead, the court heard.

Ms Inglis said: "I held him, told him I loved him, told him everything was going to be fine, took the syringe, and I injected him in his thigh and his arm.

"I knew I had to help him. I asked myself what Tom would want. He wouldn't have wanted to live like this.

"I asked myself what I would want. I would want someone to love me enough to help me die.

"That's why I thought heroin - a painless, peaceful death. He went to sleep. He was at peace. I stayed with him."
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

Re: Mum kills son with injection of heroin after suffering brain damage

That's pretty damn sad.

[quote author=lulupop link=topic=23921.msg1512035#msg1512035 date=1264021667]
    May not sound that weird but he suffered the brain damage after falling out of an ambulance 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8470572.stm

[/quote]

Maybe the ambulance was driving and he went out the back. (I watch cartoons alot) I can not see any other way that you can injure yourself enough any other way.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

[quote author=krazegirl link=topic=23921.msg1512044#msg1512044 date=1264022151]
    Maybe the ambulance was driving and he went out the back. (I watch cartoons alot) I can not see any other way that you can injure yourself enough any other way.
    [/quote]
    Thats the only thing i can invisage (sp) i can't find any info on how this happened 

Tom's life ended on 7 July 2007 when he fell out of a moving ambulance. He had been injured in a fight outside a pub on a Friday, and then suffered serious head injuries after falling from the vehicle.

Police said they understood he was being taken to hospital against his wishes and that the ambulance door opened three times
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/20/mother-guilty-murder-disabled-son

[quote author=flipdizzy link=topic=23921.msg1512076#msg1512076 date=1264023808]
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/20/mother-guilty-murder-disabled-son
    [/quote]
    Bummer  :roll:

[quote author=lulupop link=topic=23921.msg1512080#msg1512080 date=1264024012]
    Bummer  :roll:
    [/quote]

guess he was fighting and then kept opening the ambulance doors to get out  :2huh:

[quote author=flipdizzy link=topic=23921.msg1512084#msg1512084 date=1264024213]
    guess he was fighting and then kept opening the ambulance doors to get out  :2huh:
    [/quote]

He would have had to land just right or well just wrong to get brain damage from that low of a fall.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

[quote author=krazegirl link=topic=23921.msg1512105#msg1512105 date=1264025393]
    He would have had to land just right or well just wrong to get brain damage from that low of a fall.

[/quote]

Or the ambulance was moving.

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=23921.msg1512123#msg1512123 date=1264026270]
    Or the ambulance was moving.
    [/quote]
    More than likely

Sid Vicious says what?

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

[quote author=Clockworx link=topic=23921.msg1512133#msg1512133 date=1264026462]
    Sid Vicious says what?
    [/quote]

:lol: I shouldn't have given you karma for that. I'm going to hell.

How did she come to the conclusion that heroin is painless? I haven't had any experience with it so I don't know how an OD feels. I would think insulin would be better for that.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=23921.msg1512149#msg1512149 date=1264026843]

How did she come to the conclusion that heroin is painless? I haven't had any experience with it so I don't know how an OD feels. I would think insulin would be better for that.
    [/quote]

Maybe she was a user? :|
    Detectives investigating the first incident in September 2007 found notes stored under the stairs at her home in Dagenham, east London, the Old Bailey heard.

One said: "People keep saying Tom isn't suffering. How do they know? Can they know the terror of knowing you cannot control anything anymore?

"Can they know the agony of being denied pain relief just to see his reaction?"

She later told police: "When I wrote this I was sort of off my head really," the court heard.
    Unless she was off her head with distress?

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=23921.msg1512149#msg1512149 date=1264026843]

[/quote]

Awww youre so sweet to be risking your afterlife because of little ole me.  

Most heads on MDS nowadays wouldnt risk their couch change for me currently so props TFD. :2smiley:

And the mom was a fucking moron plain and simple.  No other explanations.

Thread Information