Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Internet Makeup Guru Kandee Johnson Charged With Leaving Child Home Alone

Re: Internet Makeup Guru Kandee Johnson Charged With Leaving Child Home Alone

i dont know what to say. i love kandee and her videos. the kid was 12. i was left home alone all the time at 12. the bad thing was that the kid was making some kind of torch. dammit...ugh..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1507746#msg1507746 date=1263598807]
    Um...he's 12. Oh no! The horror!
    [/quote] Didn't 12 yr olds used to get paid to babysit?
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=23888.msg1511284#msg1511284 date=1263951449]
    Didn't 12 yr olds used to get paid to babysit?
    [/quote]
    Still do on planet Earth. But a few people will get their panties in a knot over it, no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1511286#msg1511286 date=1263951525]
    Still do on planet Earth. But a few people will get their panties in a knot over it, no doubt.
    [/quote]
    i dont see why. unless i thought the kid was irresponsible to be left alone. im sure kandee didnt think anything like this would happen and if she didnt trust in him, she wouldnt have left him at home alone. my ex sister-in-law leaves her 12 year old at home alone. maybe its different with every culture? i don't know. it just doesn't seem that big of a deal to me since i was always left home alone at that age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Well it's not just that she left him home alone while she was at the office for a few hours. She left him alone to take care of himself while she traveled to a completely different state.

[quote author=HeyyyMan link=topic=23888.msg1511297#msg1511297 date=1263952412]
    Well it's not just that she left him home alone while she was at the office for a few hours. She left him alone to take care of himself while she traveled to a completely different state.
    [/quote]

Hopefully something will come out of this where he was supposed to have someone pick him up and they never showed or some babysitter or something...  I really like this girl.

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=23888.msg1511322#msg1511322 date=1263953542]

Hopefully something will come out of this where he was supposed to have someone pick him up and they never showed or some babysitter or something...  I really like this girl.

[/quote]
    Probably. But everyone jumped the gun to condemn this gorgeous woman already. Poor thing.
    I hope she's OK.

meh, I like her but it's totally not cool to leave a 12 year old home alone like that. The world isn't the same place as it was when we were 12. Hell, when I was 12 I got into all sorts of shit I had a criminal record by the time I was 13  :2embarrassed:

If my parents left me home alone while they went out of town, I would probably have a 16 year old kid right now on top of many other problems.

Call me old fashioned but 12 is too young to be home alone while your parents are out of town.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=23888.msg1511338#msg1511338 date=1263954447]
    meh, I like her but it's totally not cool to leave a 12 year old home alone like that. The world isn't the same place as it was when we were 12. Hell, when I was 12 I got into all sorts of shit I had a criminal record by the time I was 13  :2embarrassed:

If my parents left me home alone while they went out of town, I would probably have a 16 year old kid right now on top of many other problems.

Call me old fashioned but 12 is too young to be home alone while your parents are out of town.
    [/quote]
    I think it depends on the kid. But for the most part, it's not a problem if someone is checking in.

Some of us may have been badasses, and reading MDS articles reminds us how stupid some teens are, but they're not all gangbangers, brawlers and arsonists. There are some genuinely good kids that will be fine if left alone for a short period.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1511345#msg1511345 date=1263954886]
    I think it depends on the kid. But for the most part, it's not a problem if someone is checking in.

Some of us may have been badasses, and reading MDS articles reminds us how stupid some teens are, but they're not all gangbangers, brawlers and arsonists. There are some genuinely good kids that will be fine if left alone for a short period.
    [/quote]

But 12 isn't even a teen and three days isn't a short time. If you go out to dinner and a movie, yes. If you leave for days, no. Plus most kids sleep like rocks. If the house caught fire while he was sleeping he'd be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23888.msg1511483#msg1511483 date=1263964053]
    But 12 isn't even a teen and three days isn't a short time. If you go out to dinner and a movie, yes. If you leave for days, no. Plus most kids sleep like rocks. If the house caught fire while he was sleeping he'd be dead.
    [/quote]
    And adults don't? :lol:

If someone is checking in, then I don't see a big deal at all. You ever hear of a latchkey kid?
    Do you have those where you're from? Not being a smartass. Honestly asking.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1511503#msg1511503 date=1263965063]

If someone is checking in, then I don't see a big deal at all. You ever hear of a latchkey kid?
    [/quote]

I thought latchkey kids came home from school and stayed alone until someone got home from work. This kid was left alone for three days. And nights.

As for adults sleeping like rocks, I dunno. I know a smoke alarm will wake me but I could see a kid sleeping through it.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23888.msg1511509#msg1511509 date=1263965257]
    I thought latchkey kids came home from school and stayed alone until someone got home from work. This kid was left alone for three days. And nights.

As for adults sleeping like rocks, I dunno. I know a smoke alarm will wake me but I could see a kid sleeping through it.
    [/quote]
    Yea, that's what they are. But I'm talking about being unsupervised for any period of time.

So during her trip, if a kid is in school at the time, then some of the 'sitting' is done for them by teachers. Having a neighbor peek their head in on a kid that is normal (not in a gang, on probation...etc) then I think it's totally normal.

And I know a few adults that can sleep through a smoke alarm. Myself included.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1511512#msg1511512 date=1263965497]
    Yea, that's what they are. But I'm talking about being unsupervised for any period of time.

So during her trip, if a kid is in school at the time, then some of the 'sitting' is done for them by teachers. Having a neighbor peek their head in on a kid that is normal (not in a gang, on probation...etc) then I think it's totally normal.

And I know a few adults that can sleep through a smoke alarm. Myself included.
    [/quote]

I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't trust a 12 year old to get himself up and ready and actually go to school, either.

I could just never be comfortable with it. I would be constantly worrying that something was going wrong.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23888.msg1511514#msg1511514 date=1263965756]
    I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't trust a 12 year old to get himself up and ready and actually go to school, either.

I could just never be comfortable with it. I would be constantly worrying that something was going wrong.
    [/quote]
    I can dig that. But it's not like leaving a 7-year old. Some 12-year olds can handle it.
    I didn't get left for days at a time, but I was left to my own devices for most of the time I was around that age. (lulz. look how I turned out!)

But I never caused the house to explode, and no one ever died.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1511518#msg1511518 date=1263966051]
    I can dig that. But it's not like leaving a 7-year old. Some 12-year olds can handle it.
    I didn't get left for days at a time, but I was left to my own devices for most of the time I was around that age. (lulz. look how I turned out!)

But I never caused the house to explode, and no one ever died.

[/quote]

I started babysitting for a little girl when I was 11. Looking back I believe this to have been a bad idea.  :lol: Anyway, I'd leave a 12 year old alone, just not overnight.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23888.msg1511523#msg1511523 date=1263966266]
    I started babysitting for a little girl when I was 11. Looking back I believe this to have been a bad idea.  :lol: Anyway, I'd leave a 12 year old alone, just not overnight.
    [/quote]
    I think the fire thing is kind of freaking you out. Since you've been through that, it's something you're extra prepared for. So in a way, you have insight that others don't. Ugh, saying that to you hurt me a little on the inside of my chest. Burning.

But yea, depending on where you live there's a different element too. (city vs. rural again, lulz)
    If you live somewhere that's a 2 hour ride from a hospital, you're in the middle of nowhere and your 12-year old (obviously) doesn't have a car, then yea that sucks. When a neighbor checking in is as easy as someone crossing the street, or even crossing the hallway, it's not as bad. It's one of the times being surrounded by people is a plus.

[/quote]

I used to pour lighter fluid on the basement floor-while my 'mother' was home. Parenting fail big time.
    I did that shit numerous times, no one cared. The one time that I did it and the entire basement blew up in an explosion of flames was the last time I tried that shit.
    Maybe it was that reason I went into fire reconstruction as career-but probably not. Less than two years before that my mother set an arson fire to our house for the ins $$. She didn't get the money, and faced serious charges. No one really knows wtf goes on in this house. A lot of shit can get hidden. In the article it even states that her house was abominable.
    I kind of feel sorry for the kids.  :|

ugh, Ron & DS I see you have both posted since I started this reply. You guys are fast.

I've always been paranoid. Now maybe I'm worse.

I got into the booze and got completely plastered once when I was about 12 or so. My parents never said anything to me about it but they knew. Being left alone is part of growing up. It's just best if your parents do what they can to make it as safe as possible.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23888.msg1511536#msg1511536 date=1263967143]
    I've always been paranoid. Now maybe I'm worse.

I got into the booze and got completely plastered once when I was about 12 or so. My parents never said anything to me about it but they knew. Being left alone is part of growing up. It's just best if your parents do what they can to make it as safe as possible.
    [/quote]I absolutely agree. With my personal experience, I try to make sure my kids have their privacy. I do my best to not be a helicopter mom. No way will I ever leave my kids to their own demise, though.

[/quote]

yeah, in like 1960.

2010, a latchkey kid is a dead kid.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=23888.msg1511591#msg1511591 date=1263971667]
    yeah, in like 1960.

2010, a latchkey kid is a dead kid.
    [/quote]
    What? Not that many households were like that in 1960.
    Nowadays people have 2 jobs and shit. There are heaps more latchkey kids than back then.

I was taking care of my infant sister when I was 8 years old.  Both parents worked and my dad's idea of "sneaking out" in the morning so he could get his work done at his business was to stuff a bunch of pillows underneath the blankets in his bed so we would think he was still there.  :lol:

I've always been home alone.  Never went do daycare or had babysitters.  Fortuntately, I spent my time reading and drawing, who knows what kind of trouble I could get in.

I think the being in charge of an infant at such a young age really deferred me from wanting children of my own.  I pretty much made up my mind I didn't want kids at that age, but look where I am now!  :lol:

I have conflicted feelings about this. While it was never for more than 12 hours, I was left alone at home and taking city buses alone by the time I was around 10.  :|

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=23888.msg1512165#msg1512165 date=1264027270]
    I have conflicted feelings about this. While it was never for more than 12 hours, I was left alone at home and taking city buses alone by the time I was around 10.  :|
    [/quote]

Well, the question here is, did you or did you not bring a flamethrower onto the bus?
    Scumbag, stop stalking me through the interwebs.

Thread Information