Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Internet Makeup Guru Kandee Johnson Charged With Leaving Child Home Alone

Internet Makeup Guru Kandee Johnson Charged With Leaving Child Home Alone

I watch her YouTube videos and read her blogs and this apparently just came to light. 

Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she's in LA

A hearing is set Feb. 3 for a 31-year-old woman who reportedly left her 12-year-old son alone in their Johnson Lane-area home while she was on a business trip to Los Angeles.

Kandee Johnson was charged with child endangerment, accused of leaving the boy unsupervised for one or more days in a house that was littered with dirty dishes and food remnants.

The criminal complaint states the boy and a 12-year-old friend had access to materials to create a “hand-held flame-thrower” from an aerosol can of hairspray.

Deputies were called to the house at 8:30 p.m. on Nov. 8 by a neighbor who observed the boy and a 12-year-old friend tossing burning materials over a fence.

The neighbor claimed the juvenile's mother was never around and the child was unsupervised.

The boy admitted the deputy to the residence and the officer noticed a heavy smell of burning chemicals.

At first, the boys told the deputy they were burning grapes.

But the officer told the children he knew they were lying and the boys finally admitted making flame-throwers with matches and cans of hairspray which they used to burn boxes.

When the friend's mother came to pick up her son, she said the boys told her Johnson was at the store which is why they were alone. She tried several times to contact Johnson on her cell phone without success.

The 12-year-old said his grandmother had left at 5:30 p.m. for Los Angeles and his mother was to be home in three days. He told the deputy a friend of his mother's whom he could not identify was supposed to check in with him, but otherwise he was alone.

He had his mother's telephone number but had been unable to reach her.

The deputy said the house was “borderline unsanitary” with sinks full of dirty dishes and counters littered with dishes and remnants of food. They were about to place the boy with Child Protective Services when he contacted his grandfather who took custody.

About 11:40 p.m., Johnson reportedly contacted the sheriff's office and was informed of the incident and the charge.

Johnson said Thursday she planned to fight the charges.

“I am so mortified for people to think I would leave my son alone. A friend who was hiking was supposed to pick him up. I absolutely feel sick over this,” she said.

“I had just spoken to my son and he said he was across the street at a neighbor's house. I didn't know he had come back home,” she said.

Her facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/kandeethemakeupartist?ref=nf

One of her blogs:  kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com

Her Myspace page:  http://www.myspace.com/kandeejohnson

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

Re: Internet Makeup Guru Kandee Johnson Charged With Leaving Child Home Alone

Ok, I read the blog, and it annoys me to no end.
    Maybe its the cough medicine...  :oops:

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Um...he's 12. Oh no! The horror!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1507746#msg1507746 date=1263598807]
    Um...he's 12. Oh no! The horror!
    [/quote]They were making flame throwing things with matches and hairspray. He's lucky he didn't do some serious damage.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=23888.msg1507750#msg1507750 date=1263599102]
    They were making flame throwing things with matches and hairspray. He's lucky he didn't do some serious damage.
    [/quote]
    Meh. I did the same shit. I'm fine.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1507758#msg1507758 date=1263599488]
    [/quote]

Debatable.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1507758#msg1507758 date=1263599488]
    [/quote]

oOoOOOOOoooooOooohhh thats why youre an only child,  i get it now.

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=23888.msg1507770#msg1507770 date=1263600132]
    Debatable.
    [/quote]
    Have all my arms, legs, fingers, toes, and teeth. Not debatable. :2smiley:

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=23888.msg1507775#msg1507775 date=1263600193]
    oOoOOOOOoooooOooohhh thats why youre an only child,  i get it now.
    [/quote]
    Started with five and yo, one couldn't take it. So now there's four 'cause the fifth couldn't make it

I would leave a 12 year old home alone, but not for days. I have a problem with this statement, though.

The criminal complaint states the boy and a 12-year-old friend had access to materials to create a “hand-held flame-thrower” from an aerosol can of hairspray.

It was hairspray and matches. OMG a 12 year old had access to hairspray and matches. 
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Are you fucking kidding me? I was just watching her Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland sneak peak video this morning. I've been to seminars with her. I liked her. 

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23888.msg1508072#msg1508072 date=1263611920]
    I would leave a 12 year old home alone, but not for days. I have a problem with this statement, though.

It was hairspray and matches. OMG a 12 year old had access to hairspray and matches. 
    [/quote]
    Yea, seriously. WTF was that about? :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1508087#msg1508087 date=1263613862]
    Yea, seriously. WTF was that about? :lol:
    [/quote]

I agree the kids should be supervised, but boys will be boys no matter how long they are left alone.

When I was about 12-13 my dad left me home all day and I was burning paper and throwing it in the sink. He came home in the middle of me doing this and basically kicked my ass. :lol:

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=23888.msg1508092#msg1508092 date=1263614055]
    I agree the kids should be supervised, but boys will be boys no matter how long they are left alone.

When I was about 12-13 my dad left me home all day and I was burning paper and throwing it in the sink. He came home in the middle of me doing this and basically kicked my ass. :lol:
    [/quote]

Yeah, matches and hair spray isn't exactly uncommon to be in houses. I would not leave a 12yr old alone for days at a time but my mom had me babysitting my brothers when I was 12 like all day and shit.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=23888.msg1508092#msg1508092 date=1263614055]

[/quote]

My brother and I did the whole hairspray torch thing.  :oops:
    But I had a cousin that lived next door that narked on us to my mom.  She whooped our asses.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California

i did the torch shit last week to kill a black widow spider.  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

My friend lets her twelve year old home alone after school from 3-5. The fire station were called because he and a friend made a fire in the driveway and thought it could be contained on concrete. It jumped to the grass, but there wasn't alot of damage just some singed grass. It goes to show that I wouldn't leave a twelve year old alone for days. He also played basketball with a friend in the house and knocked down a glass chandelier. Yes there was a rule about having friends in the house. Obviously he ignored it. She now has an older neighborhood girl check on him, which galls him to no end.

3 days is pushing it but he did say a friend of his mom's was supposed to be checking up on him and apparently his grandparents were local enoug hthat grandpa came and got him. What's th ebig deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

The thing that irks me about this is the fact that the kid didn't do it because his mom was gone for three days, he would of done this if she ran to the store for an hour or two.

I can't relate to playing with fire though, I was raised with a ton of firefighters in my family and if anyone touches the gas stove I flip shit.  :lol: They made my mother so paranoid about explosions she didn't fill her car with gas by herself until she was 23.
    Scumbag, stop stalking me through the interwebs.

http://kandeethemakeupartist.com/about.html

Kandee’s love affair with make-up began with her first application of Bonnie Bell Lip-Smackers, in strawberry. Those shinning lips and strawberry scent marked the beginning of her love that would later become her profession.

1. Dr. Pepper

2.  Shinning.

She's cute and her makeup videos are pretty awesome.  I'll have to watch more. 

I wish I had access to a bunch of different awesome makeup. 

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=23888.msg1508787#msg1508787 date=1263699546]
    She's cute and her makeup videos are pretty awesome.  I'll have to watch more. 

I wish I had access to a bunch of different awesome makeup. 
    [/quote]

Me, too.  I intend to be in line as soon as that UD Alice in Wonderland kit is available at Sephora or Ulta.  That damned thing sold out in about 12 hours at the UD website, dammit. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/m0ts1C2EE2c&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9 f&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs= 1

I want Kandee. :2huh:
    Holy shit.

[/quote]

I used to use hairspray and matches on my GI Joes.  My next door neighbors had a pool and we used to light the boats on fire in there.  We wanted to be realistic with our GI Joe sea battles, and we got in so much trouble for it.  :lol:
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=23888.msg1508936#msg1508936 date=1263743733]
    I used to use hairspray and matches on my GI Joes.  My next door neighbors had a pool and we used to light the boats on fire in there.  We wanted to be realistic with our GI Joe sea battles, and we got in so much trouble for it.  :lol:
    [/quote]
    I used to light G.I. Joe vehicles on fire and toss them off of the roof of my building. The building is 27 stories high. Shit, has the statute run out yet? No one quote this.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23888.msg1508934#msg1508934 date=1263743378]
    http://www.youtube.com/v/m0ts1C2EE2c&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9 f&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs= 1

I want Kandee. :2huh:
    Holy shit.
    [/quote]

I lol'd at the you tube screenshot. 

Thread Information