Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Gabriel Johnson 8 months old

Re: Gabriel Johnson 8 months old

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23769.msg1583743#msg1583743 date=1270237821]
    That whole Six Flags thing just boggles my mind.
    [/quote]

All this talk of it makes me want a funnel cake.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23769.msg1583743#msg1583743 date=1270237821]
    That whole Six Flags thing just boggles my mind.
    [/quote]
    I know too weird.  Drop off your baby for adoption, then hop in line for a roller coaster ride. 

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

[quote author=poppy213 link=topic=23769.msg1584064#msg1584064 date=1270256394]
    I know too weird.  Drop off your baby for adoption, then hop in line for a roller coaster ride. 
    [/quote]

Sounds like a win/win.

/sarcasm

I really wonder how long it's going to take to get answers. There are so many theories, that I am sure it makes it hard for the detectives to follow up leads.

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=23769.msg1583470#msg1583470 date=1270223936]
    WHile I also think it's more likely that the poor baby is dead, I don't agree with this. They could be scared that they'll get legally raped. They might have done the adoption this way because they didn't have the $ for a lawyer, so they wouldn't have one to cover their asses now. All they would see is "Shit. This bitch gave us the baby, now we're gonna lose the baby and who the fuck knows what else is gonna happen. Might as well keep our mouths shut." People don't think straight when they panic sometimes./
    [/quote]

Honestly I don't think it's very expensive to adopt a child.

Adopting from the U.S. foster care system is generally the least expensive type of adoption, usually involving little or no cost, and states often provide subsidies to adoptive parents. Stepparent and kinship adoptions are often not very costly. Agency and private adoptions can range from $5,000 to $40,000 or more depending on a variety of factors including services provided, travel expenses, birthmother expenses, requirements in the state, and other factors. International adoptions can range from $7,000 to $30,000.

While there may be a small fee required up front, any requirement that all fees be paid immediately following application should raise red flags. When talking with your professional, ask about the payment schedule, and about sliding scale fees if your financial resources are limited.

There are a growing number of resources to help manage the cost of adoption, including tax benefits (some of which apply to public agency adoptions as well), loans, employer benefits, and others.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=23769.msg1586380#msg1586380 date=1270426501]

[/quote]
    Sir, you own a boat. Your opinion on this is invalid. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23769.msg1586635#msg1586635 date=1270437898]
    [/quote]

I own a boat.    And I haven't been in it in 17 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23769.msg1586635#msg1586635 date=1270437898]
    [/quote]

:lol:
    I think he has 3.

I know I didn't know him, but .. damn. Its breaking my heart that he is not recovered or rescued yet. somebody HAS to know  something
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=23769.msg1586380#msg1586380 date=1270426501]

[/quote]"expensive" is in the eye of the beholder. And think of it this way- any yahoo can get pregnant and have a baby on the state's dime if they don't make enough money. But you can't adopt on the state's dime. I know a lot of people who would love at adopt a child but can't because they can't afford it. And these are people who have done months of research to see how they can reduce fees and such, not just a quick google search to get a general idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=23769.msg1592448#msg1592448 date=1270953183]
    "expensive" is in the eye of the beholder. And think of it this way- any yahoo can get pregnant and have a baby on the state's dime if they don't make enough money. But you can't adopt on the state's dime. I know a lot of people who would love at adopt a child but can't because they can't afford it. And these are people who have done months of research to see how they can reduce fees and such, not just a quick google search to get a general idea.
    [/quote]
    That's what I was thinking. Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Baby Gabriel's Mom Taken to MCSO Psychiatric Unit After Complaining About Sheriff's Controversial "Loaf Program"
    By James King, Monday, Apr. 12 2010 @ 3:59PM

​Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson, apparently wasn't playing too nice with some of the other Maricopa County jail inmates, and as a result, has been sent to the jail's psychiatric ward after refusing to eat some of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's "loaf."

Despite the sheriff's public touting of Johnson as the model inmate, Johnson assaulted two other prisoners and was placed on the sheriff's "loaf" program, Arpaio announced in a press release today.

The loaf program, according to the Sheriff's Office, was created about 10 years ago to "prevent inmates from assaulting detention officers and other inmates."

Arpaio says in the press release, "I will not tolerate prisoners abusing my officers or other inmates by throwing urine, feces, or assaulting them. For that type of behavior they will go on bread and water."

You may be asking yourself, "What the hell is loaf, and why would the sheriff think anyone would eat it?"

"Loaf," according to the MCSO, is nonfat, dry milk powder, an assortment of fruits and vegetables, chili powder, and bread dough all compacted into one solid brick-like loaf.

Yum.

The loaf program was the subject of the court case Bugoni vs. Coffman, where the plaintiffs claimed that forcing inmates to eat Joe's "loaf" was unconstitutional.

A ruling in favor of the sheriff was issued on Friday, so what better way to hype one of the sheriff's minor legal victories than using it to throw one of the county's most infamous inmates in the loony bin.

According to the Arpaio's office, Johnson gave a detention officer a document she called "My Advanced Directive's Will," in which she said she was starving by refusing to eat Joe's loaf because it was full of rotten vegetables and worms.

After reviewing the letter, officers determined Johnson needed a trip to the psych ward to be "evaluated." 

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...en_to_mcso.php

Missing kid's mom complains of jail starvation

Mike Sakal, Tribune

April 12, 2010 - 3:09PM

Elizabeth Johnson, left, and Gabriel Johnson
    Tribune File

The mother of missing 10-month-old Gabriel Johnson has been transferred to the Maricopa County Jail’s psychiatric unit so her mental state can be evaluated after she complained that she is starving.

Timeline: The search for Baby Gabriel

Elizabeth Johnson, 23, of Tempe, who allegedly assaulted two inmates last week, is refusing to eat Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s “nutra-loaf” diet, consisting of bread and water, non-fat dry milk, fruit and vegetables, chili powder and bread dough, the sheriff’s office reported Monday.

Johnson complained that the vegetables were rotten and had worms in it, according to a document she submitted to deputies titled “My Advanced Directive’s Will.".

Johnson was arrested in Miami Beach, Fla. on Dec. 30, three days after she told her estranged boyfriend and the baby’s father, Logan McQueary via text message and telephone call that she killed Gabriel, stuffed his body in a diaper bag and threw him in a dumpster in San Antonio, according to Maricopa County Superior Court documents. At the time of her arrest, Johnson told an FBI agent that she gave Gabriel to a couple at a motel in San Antonio a day after meeting them at a park there, according to a court document.

Johnson refuses to tell authorities the whereabouts of the child and remains incarcerated on a $1.1 million cash bond. She is charged with kidnapping, child abuse, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

Soon after Johnson’s extradition from Florida, she was placed in the Maricopa County Estrella Jail and isolated from the general jail population. It was not immediately known when Johnson was placed with other inmates.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/152729

MCSO: Baby Gabriel Mom Assaulted Inmates
    Elizabeth Johnson Sent To Psychiatric Unit

POSTED: 3:06 pm MST April 12, 2010
    UPDATED: 3:34 pm MST April 12, 2010

PHOENIX -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of still-missing Baby Gabriel, has become a management problem and was relocated to the psychiatric unit facility after assaulting two inmates.

Arpaio recently had said during media interviews that Johnson was a model inmate who had not created any problems.

Within the last week, however, Johnson was placed on Arpaio's controversial nutra-loaf program -- commonly referred to bread and water.

The loaves consist of nonfat dry milk powder, an assortment of fruits and vegetables, chili powder, and bread dough compacted into a brick-like loaf. The program gives inmates two loaves a day in isolation, rather than providing two regular meals consisting of a sack lunch in the morning and a hot meal in the evening.

Johnson submitted a document titled "My Advanced Directive's Will" to jail staff after several days on the loaf program and claimed she was starving because she refuses to eat the loaf, which she said was full of rotten vegetables and worms.

Jail officials said the letter prompted her transfer to the jail's psychiatric unit facility for evaluation.

The loaf program faced legal challenge in the case Bugoni vs. Coffman, which claimed it was unconstitutional punishment; however, when the federal judge granted summary judgment in favor of the Sheriff's Office on Friday, the issue was dismissed.

Arpaio said he started the loaf program 10 years ago as a means to prevent inmates from assaulting detention officers and other inmates.

"I will not tolerate prisoners abusing my officers and other inmates by throwing urine, feces or assaulting them," Arpaio said. "For that type of behavior, they will go on bread and water."

http://www.kpho.com/news/23129173/detail.html

I'm totally not feeling sorry for her, but it says they get a sack lunch in the morning, and a hot meal in the evening?

So they only eat twice a day? I mean, I guess most people would be like, "Oh, good! They don't deserve three meals!" Which, in this case, I could care less if the bitch starves to death. But, really? I'd be pretty pissed if I was in there for like, a traffic warrant, and was starved out of my mind. I HAVE to eat at least twice a day, and even then, I snack quite a bit. That just seems... mean, I guess.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=leyash link=topic=23769.msg1594388#msg1594388 date=1271125038]
    I'm totally not feeling sorry for her, but it says they get a sack lunch in the morning, and a hot meal in the evening?

So they only eat twice a day? I mean, I guess most people would be like, &quot;Oh, good! They don't deserve three meals!&quot; Which, in this case, I could care less if the bitch starves to death. But, really? I'd be pretty pissed if I was in there for like, a traffic warrant, and was starved out of my mind. I HAVE to eat at least twice a day, and even then, I snack quite a bit. That just seems... mean, I guess.
    [/quote]

It's not the Radisson. If they don't like it, they shouldn't go back.&nbsp;

Seriously. Do you know anything about the sheriff down there?&nbsp;
    Tent city, chain gangs, green bologna?

A while back he got in trouble for cutting out the cable for these guys. It's a federal law that they have to have it.&nbsp; :roll:
    Anyway, now all they get is Disney, and The Weather Channel so they know how hot it's going to be.&nbsp; :lol:
    So, recently, he has offered them local tv!!! What a sweetheart! All they have to do is power the tv up with an exercise bike.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=23769.msg1594396#msg1594396 date=1271125346]

It's not the Radisson. If they don't like it, they shouldn't go back.&nbsp;

Seriously. Do you know anything about the sheriff down there?&nbsp;
    Tent city, chain gangs, green bologna?

A while back he got in trouble for cutting out the cable for these guys. It's a federal law that they have to have it.&nbsp; :roll:
    Anyway, now all they get is Disney, and The Weather Channel so they know how hot it's going to be.&nbsp; :lol:
    So, recently, he has offered them local tv!!! What a sweetheart! All they have to do is power the tv up with an exercise bike.
    [/quote]

No, I mean, I've watched an episode of &quot;Jail&quot; in Maricopa country, but that's a 30 minute TV show.

And yeah, I agree that the people that are in there, should learn to straighten up, and not go back. I don't know, I guess it just seems kind of cold that they would only let them eat 2 times a day. They basically eat, wait 8 hours, eat, and then don't get anything again for about 15 hours. That's insane. Or, maybe they eat at 7am, and then eat again at 7pm. But still, that's going 12 hours at a time without eating. I can't even do that! If I sleep for more than 3 hours (which is rare), I have to get up and eat and go back to sleep!
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

I'm sure they couldn't get by with doing that if it weren't first ok'd by a doctor.

I kinda like the exercise bike=t.v. idea!&nbsp; :2smiley:

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=23769.msg1594508#msg1594508 date=1271132050]
    I kinda like the exercise bike=t.v. idea!&nbsp; :2smiley:
    [/quote]

:lol: He has a lot of things going on like that.

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=23805.0

My Advanced Directive’s Will

So this is the will of her advanced directive?

The loaf sounds kinds like stuff I used to make for my bird. She loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23769.msg1594579#msg1594579 date=1271136655]
    My Advanced Directive’s Will

So this is the will of her advanced directive?

The loaf sounds kinds like stuff I used to make for my bird. She loved it.
    [/quote]

:lol: I have heard all kinds of shit about the food there. NOT from tv, either. Straight from the horse's ass.&nbsp;
    Sounds like she is going to be having serious problems in there. She's on Arpaio's radar now.

[quote author=Nocturnity link=topic=23769.msg1594479#msg1594479 date=1271130724]
    I'm sure they couldn't get by with doing that if it weren't first ok'd by a doctor.
    [/quote]

Well, I know they aren't going to starve to death or anything... I just know that I get irritable, and physically hurt when I go that long without eating. :/ Meh, I guess they're better off or something, to most people &quot;they deserve it.&quot;

[quote author=leyash link=topic=23769.msg1594601#msg1594601 date=1271139846]
    Well, I know they aren't going to starve to death or anything... I just know that I get irritable, and physically hurt when I go that long without eating. :/ Meh, I guess they're better off or something, to most people &quot;they deserve it.&quot;
    [/quote]

It's all about budget cuts. He has saved the county an incredible amount of money. Inmates don't get coffee, it has no nutritional value. If they want condiments, they have to pay for them.

Besides, he needs that money for some of the lawsuits he gets.

I agree with some of the shit he does. Other things, not so much. I don't want to do a thread jack here, especially since there is another thread to discuss the pros and cons of what he does.
    BUT, Elizabeth's nutritional needs are being met. I don't feel sorry for her. I feel worry for Gabriel and Logan.
    Personal responsibility. She needs to take some.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

I'm totally doing a thread jack for a sec&nbsp; :lol:
    I feel no sympathy for Elizabeth Johnson. But the loaf program is horrible. Once again, these are people who have not been convicted of a crime in these jails.
    If Sheriff Joe wins governor, I'm moving. He has directly violated constitutional rights, both in his jails and on the streets, with a total blase attitude. We currently have a $4.3 billion deficit right now in this state. With him in power, that deficit will jump to 6 billion.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=23769.msg1594758#msg1594758 date=1271173376]
    I'm totally doing a thread jack for a sec&nbsp; :lol:
    I feel no sympathy for Elizabeth Johnson. But the loaf program is horrible. Once again, these are people who have not been convicted of a crime in these jails.
    If Sheriff Joe wins governor, I'm moving. He has directly violated constitutional rights, both in his jails and on the streets, with a total blase attitude. We currently have a $4.3 billion deficit right now in this state. With him in power, that deficit will jump to 6 billion.
    [/quote]

:hijacked2:

Wait...I thought he confirmed he wasn't running for governor?

Thread Information