View Poll Results: What is your preferred climate?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard northern...warm summers, cold winters, frequent snow.

47 26.86%
  • Hot, Hot, hot! And humid (think Florida)

25 14.29%
  • Standard Southern...Hot summers, cool winters, little to no snow

44 25.14%
  • Moderately warm, lots of rain (Pacific Northwest).

32 18.29%
  • Desert...keep it warm with little rain.

11 6.29%
  • Cold. Frozen tundra cold.

16 9.14%
Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2048

Thread: Discuss the weather here...

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I definitely underestimated Matthew The back end of that storm kicked our asses here in NC. Schools are closed here for the next three days (and prob the entire week) due to all the flooding.
    Yeah, I think it bounced back and gave NC a blow that no one was expecting at the end. I think everyone thought it had pretty much run its course by then.

My friend has 40 trees down in their yard there. They couldn't even get out of their neighborhood this weekend due to downed trees.

I'm super glad that asshole storm didn't loop back down here, and instead just died out in the Atlantic!

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I definitely underestimated Matthew The back end of that storm kicked our asses here in NC. Schools are closed here for the next three days (and prob the entire week) due to all the flooding.
    I drove Friday to my daughter's in SC. I just moved to Onslow County in August. It looks like I'm stuck another night here cuz I have a section of 95 N that is closed. I just started new with job the county school district. I'm annoyed becuz they still haven't called off school for 2moro.

Where are you at Deb?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

It took me almost 16 hours to get back to Sneads Ferry, NC. Normally it is a very simple 5 1/2 hour drive from SC. I don't think I have ever said, "FUCK!!", as much as I did yesterday. Every detour I was sent on was closed. We stopped after 8 hours to pee and there was no running water. We had to back track west 3 hours then head North and then sourheast. What a big pain in the ass, but I finally made it back home to the beach.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Prayers to our Australian friends in the path of Cyclone Debbie. I've been thru more than a few hurricanes here, so I feel your anxiety. Stay safe!

Look out you Aussies.

Category 4 Cyclone Debbie to Smash Queensland Within Hours

image: https://cdn.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a...video_icon.jpg

Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie is over 900 km wide and the eye fluctuating at 50-75km wide, with speeds recorded at up to 270+km/h offshore, approx 10km/h short of a Category 5 cyclone.

The cyclone is currently moving at approx 12km/h towards the Queensland coastline and expected to hit Midday QLD time. Hamilton Island is just off the coast of QLD and currently being hit by 180+km/h winds with the storm expected to intensify as it moves closer to the mainland.

As the storm is moving slowly, towns are expected to be hit by intense winds for up to 8-10 hours at a time. Not only have shops been cleared of food, but bottle shops (liquor outlets) have been doing a roaring trade as Queenslanders buy up beer and spirits, many for "cyclone parties"

The Bureau of Meteorology expects the storm to intensify and a tidal surge of 6-8 meters.

Read more at https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a42_...FLqhOMwRyby.99
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

It has been crappy all day here-one tornado watch after another, and we had a warning just now. KT, are you in the bad weather too? Is this essentially the bands from Cristobal?

ETA: I turned the news on and they were just saying it is the outer bands of Cristobal, and we have another tornado headed our way.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-06-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Sunny and Windy here in NorCal as June 6th

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It has been crappy all day here-one tornado watch after another, and we had a warning just now. KT, are you in the bad weather too? Is this essentially the bands from Cristobal?

ETA: I turned the news on and they were just saying it is the outer bands of Cristobal, and we have another tornado headed our way.
    We've had torrential rains all week. It actually seems to have slowed down here today. Yesterday we had high winds and sideways rain. Stay safe.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    We've had torrential rains all week. It actually seems to have slowed down here today. Yesterday we had high winds and sideways rain. Stay safe.
    Glad you guys are ok! We had a tornado touch down in our town, and another one just miss us, but it seems to be over now.

Glad you guys are ok! We had a tornado touch down in our town, and another one just miss us, but it seems to be over now.
    Hope for the best in the city you are in though.

70 miles per hour winds, baseball sized hail a few miles from here Thursday. Busted up the roof at Sam's Club did lots of damage. We had the wind, but our hail was only marble sized, but enough to make a mess. Gearing up for another night of storms. And we don't even have a hurricane...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    70 miles per hour winds, baseball sized hail a few miles from here Thursday. Busted up the roof at Sam's Club did lots of damage. We had the wind, but our hail was only marble sized, but enough to make a mess. Gearing up for another night of storms. And we don't even have a hurricane...
    Hail is super destructive! Glad you guys are ok-stay safe!

https://www.facebook.com/BBweatherma...6469156471023/

If Rapid City, S.D. manages to see measurable snowfall on Labor Day, it'll be the first time in recorded history. We're flirting with the record books both Saturday and Monday - Saturday for record heat ��, Monday & Tuesday for record cold ��. Absolutely bonkers. #sdwx #wywx
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thats crazy bipolar weather puzzld. If I lived there I'd have a migraine from the extreme change in temperature.

Im going to South Carolina in less than 2 weeks. I really hope there isnt a hurricane there then.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Weather Thread #2

There's snow outside. Had to shovel the driveway and none of you MDS creeps bothered to drive all the way to Illinois and help me shovel.
    Last edited by puke; 01-27-2021 at 09:50 PM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    There's snow outside. Had to shovel the driveway and none of you MDS creeps bothered to drive all the way to Illinois and help me shovel.
    It was 85 here yesterday. I went jetskiing all day and forgot to put on sunscreen, so now I have a wicked sunburn. I try not to ever go now to places where it is snowing. But wait till hurricane season, then I will be bitching about the weather.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-28-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    God dammit I gotta clean off my car.

I'm not shoveling the driveway. I have 4 wheel drive, I should be able to power through it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Next winter, after everyone gets the vaccine, all the snowbound MDSers can come down to my place and we'll all go jetskiing in January!

Then we're going to BB73's house for Shakey's pizza!

It was 85 here yesterday. I went jetskiing all day and forgot to put on sunscreen, so now I have a wicked sunburn. I try not to ever go now to places where it is snowing. But wait till hurricane season, then I will be bitching about the weather.
    Ugh I would love to be at the beach right now.

I am glad for this rain, but the wind yesterday blew my back fence down.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Oh no, that sucks. Do you have pets that rely on the fence being up to go outside?

Oh no, that sucks. Do you have pets that rely on the fence being up to go outside?
    See, I would totally panic over something like this, but RBW would just get out there and fix the fence. She'd have it back up before I finished reading the Google reviews of fence-fixers for hire.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thank God I have no outside pets. I do have a stray kitty that hangs out but he seemed utterly unbothered by it. I was worried because it is against an alley. I did try to prop it back up but the rain and wind and splinters made it hard. Luckily my neighbor helped me out with getting it back up for now. It was so windy here, I even looked for witches shoes under my house.
    Last edited by Deviant Toaster; 01-29-2021 at 10:08 AM. Reason: words

Where are you located? We had a really bad storm Tuesday night all through Wednesday. Our power at work was down until this morning, so I had 2 days off work!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Where are you located? We had a really bad storm Tuesday night all through Wednesday. Our power at work was down until this morning, so I had 2 days off work!
    In the middle of CA, also known as hell.

Thread Information