View Poll Results: What is your preferred climate?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard northern...warm summers, cold winters, frequent snow.

47 26.86%
  • Hot, Hot, hot! And humid (think Florida)

25 14.29%
  • Standard Southern...Hot summers, cool winters, little to no snow

44 25.14%
  • Moderately warm, lots of rain (Pacific Northwest).

32 18.29%
  • Desert...keep it warm with little rain.

11 6.29%
  • Cold. Frozen tundra cold.

16 9.14%
Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2048

Thread: Discuss the weather here...

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm still waiting on these 17 inches...
    That's what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That's what she said.
    We taught my 90yo father "that's what she said" and he howled. It was even funnier when he adopted it for his own use, proof that men never stop thinking about sex!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

That's what she said.

So it did snow a bunch, but not as much as they said it would. I was feeling a little bit of cabin fever, I'm going out tomorrow.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I had to pull over 3 times today to clean my windshield off because I couldn't see. And it's supposed to snow more tonight

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I had to pull over 3 times today to clean my windshield off because I couldn't see. And it's supposed to snow more tonight
    Wait, windshield wipers don't work on snow? I have never driven in snow so I have no idea.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Wait, windshield wipers don't work on snow? I have never driven in snow so I have no idea.
    Well, they do. But. A light, dry puffy snow is no problem, especially if your wipers are in good shape. But when the weather is really bad? :shakeshead: imagine the heaviest rain... even with the wipers sometimes it's tough to see cause it's raining so hard. Now assume that rain starts freezing and sticking to the windshield and the wipers, and they're getting heavy and stuck cause they are freezing up... Kind of like this, but his blades never froze up.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well, they do. But. A light, dry puffy snow is no problem, especially if your wipers are in good shape. But when the weather is really bad? :shakeshead: imagine the heaviest rain... even with the wipers sometimes it's tough to see cause it's raining so hard. Now assume that rain starts freezing and sticking to the windshield and the wipers, and they're getting heavy and stuck cause they are freezing up... Kind of like this, but his blades never froze up.

Oh damn, that is scary!

Nope they didn't work.

They work until the snow starts clumping up and freezes into ice and they scrape across your windshield. I freaking HATE snow. If I never saw it again in my life it would be too soon.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    They work until the snow starts clumping up and freezes into ice and they scrape across your windshield. I freaking HATE snow. If I never saw it again in my life it would be too soon.
    So, when I was looking for a video for Nic to show her what snow does to wipers i found this. And I could NOT believe anyone could find this relaxing. It's actually the opposite!

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

So, when I was looking for a video for Nic to show her what snow does to wipers i found this. And I could NOT believe anyone could find this relaxing. It's actually the opposite!

That's supposed to be relaxing?? I mean, the snow falling doesn't seem to be bad and scary, but all that snow on the narrow road...no thanks.

There have been times where I almost (and I probably should've) had to pull over because it was raining so hard and so much I could barely see. Even with my wipers on as fast as they would go.

Puzz, speaking of scary roads....driving to South Lake Tahoe is terrifying. Well, I've always been a passenger but it's even scarier because I am so close to the edge, it's so high up and scares the shit out of me. My anxiety always goes through the roof:

That's supposed to be relaxing?? I mean, the snow falling doesn't seem to be bad and scary, but all that snow on the narrow road...no thanks.

There have been times where I almost (and I probably should've) had to pull over because it was raining so hard and so much I could barely see. Even with my wipers on as fast as they would go.
    So they claim. Crazy.
    Puzz, speaking of scary roads....driving to South Lake Tahoe is terrifying. Well, I've always been a passenger but it's even scarier because I am so close to the edge, it's so high up and scares the shit out of me. My anxiety always goes through the roof:

We have roads like that. And I'm OK with them as long as we are going slow and it's not motorcycle rally time! But they can scare you if you get moving too fast.

So they claim. Crazy.

We have roads like that. And I'm OK with them as long as we are going slow and it's not motorcycle rally time! But they can scare you if you get moving too fast.

There goes my anxiety again

I would never go as fast as he is. Never.

I would never go as fast as he is. Never.
    I think the camera was sped up so the video wouldn't be as long..

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Iron Mountain Road looks like a motorcyclist's wet dream! Funnnn! Why I miss riding so much, in a nutshell.

Oh, and you wanna talk about weather? I'm thawing out under what was about 4 inches of ice and five inches of snow on top of that. In Texas.

Yeah. It's been colder here this week than in Philly. And by cold I mean "holy fuck Batman it's 7 degrees outside" cold.

I'm lucky though, no power, gas or water losses to report. But I did have to get over to Whole Foods for some organic $5/gallon milk, since everywhere else was sold out.

It's been homemade soup or quiche for dinner all week, but we're finally thawing out! Yaay!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

[QUOTE=Nic B;3810392]That's supposed to be relaxing?? I mean, the snow falling doesn't seem to be bad and scary, but all that snow on the narrow road...no thanks.

I think the camera was sped up so the video wouldn't be as long..
    Well, yeah. But some people do go way faster than I think is safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Iron Mountain Road looks like a motorcyclist's wet dream! Funnnn! Why I miss riding so much, in a nutshell.
    And they're usually on a bike. We kill a couple every August, and I'm always amazed it's not more. But yeah they do have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Oh, and you wanna talk about weather? I'm thawing out under what was about 4 inches of ice and five inches of snow on top of that. In Texas.

Yeah. It's been colder here this week than in Philly. And by cold I mean "holy fuck Batman it's 7 degrees outside" cold.

I'm lucky though, no power, gas or water losses to report. But I did have to get over to Whole Foods for some organic $5/gallon milk, since everywhere else was sold out.

It's been homemade soup or quiche for dinner all week, but we're finally thawing out! Yaay!
    Glad to hear things are getting better. You lot had way more snow than we've had all winter. But Dog allmighty it's been cold. New records -26 type cold and not above zero, dogs run and hide when you try to send them out cold. Finally in the +20s today. Can go outside and not just freeze in place.

So we're under a winter storm warning with a blizzard warning maybe 5 miles away. They are predicting 2-20 inches of snow... way to narrow it down guys. It's raining now so we'll have a nice base layer of ice when it does start to snow... Sposed to be heavy and wet so yeah.

Not calling for near as much a Colorado is expected to total, but...

So we're under a winter storm warning with a blizzard warning maybe 5 miles away. They are predicting 2-20 inches of snow... way to narrow it down guys. It's raining now so we'll have a nice base layer of ice when it does start to snow... Sposed to be heavy and wet so yeah.

Not calling for near as much a Colorado is expected to total, but...
    My husband has to fly out that way tomorrow, so I have been watching the weather closely. Luckily he doesn't have to go to Colorado, but there's still a big area of uncertainty as you mentioned. Hopefully you guys fall on the 2 inch side of the snow. Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My husband has to fly out that way tomorrow, so I have been watching the weather closely. Luckily he doesn't have to go to Colorado, but there's still a big area of uncertainty as you mentioned. Hopefully you guys fall on the 2 inch side of the snow. Stay safe!
    Ick. I don't envy him. We can and will hunker down, we're getting good at it.

Ick. I don't envy him. We can and will hunker down, we're getting good at it.
    How are things so far?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    How are things so far?

Srsly. We've had rain and drizzle off and on. It's stopped now, but the weather guy says it's "on track" to hit about noon. Still saying we could get 6-10 inches of snow and wind and...

Meanwhile, Zena is in heat, and I-80 in Nebraska is closed. https://hb.511.nebraska.gov/#cameras...layers=cameras

So could be worse, much, but the suspense...

They claim it's started snowing on the west side (higher elevation) of town as of 10 AM. Not here yet. Only 6 hours late.
    Last edited by puzzld; 03-14-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Srsly. We've had rain and drizzle off and on. It's stopped now, but the weather guy says it's "on track" to hit about noon. Still saying we could get 6-10 inches of snow and wind and...

Meanwhile, Zena is in heat, and I-80 in Nebraska is closed. https://hb.511.nebraska.gov/#cameras...layers=cameras

So could be worse, much, but the suspense...

They claim it's started snowing on the west side (higher elevation) of town as of 10 AM. Not here yet. Only 6 hours late.
    My husband got in and out of that area with only the wind and rain too.

I don't know if you already have something for Zena, but I highly recommend these:https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Parents-W...740428&sr=8-11

Here's hoping the storm and the heat cycle passes quickly!

Thread Information