View Poll Results: What is your preferred climate?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard northern...warm summers, cold winters, frequent snow.

47 26.86%
  • Hot, Hot, hot! And humid (think Florida)

25 14.29%
  • Standard Southern...Hot summers, cool winters, little to no snow

44 25.14%
  • Moderately warm, lots of rain (Pacific Northwest).

32 18.29%
  • Desert...keep it warm with little rain.

11 6.29%
  • Cold. Frozen tundra cold.

16 9.14%
Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2048

Thread: Discuss the weather here...

72 and cloudy, and my windows are open.

90 here today. Forecast for Thursday.... snow possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

the sun just came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I am losing sleep with the heat. They say it's raining in CA, BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN A DROP.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    I hate everyone. It will stay in the 90's until October. Our electricity bills have been between $300-400 since May and I have kept the ac at 80. By October, I will have paid over $1000 in electricity.

That is terrible. Right now we are at about $100 a month for the last few months, but we only have 1 wall unit in our entire apt. So if we move (which we want to) our bill will raise just based upon the fact we refuse to live with 1 wall unit AC ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar
    Every time they say "rain" I get excited. It never comes. Just humidity. Humidity and naps.

My house has been freezing in the morning, and it stays cool all day. I went out earlier, and the humidity almost knocked my socks off. I just went out in the yard for 10 minutes, and I came inside sweating.

So the Ruff Buff is getting absolutely hammered with lake effect snow right now. Like, I lived there my whole life and I don't think I remember one this bad (in November at least). Some of these pics are insane:

http://www.businessinsider.com/buffa...photos-2014-11

One of my friends from college is due in 3 days, I really hope she doesn't go into labor during this. If you see this Nomad, stay safe!!

We're finally on an uptick after being -14 last week.

I actually had a snow day at the office as a result. Or, should I say, an ice day. Car wouldn't start.

It's 42 degrees today. Actually, quite nice by comparison. :)

So yea, shit like this is happening in Buffalo right now:

My friend who lives down here is worried sick about his grandfather. No one can get to him because of the travel ban (and you can't drive anywhere anyway with 6 fucking feet of snow on the roads), his heat isn't working because the fan is blocked with snow, and he's too old to go shovel it. He's scared his roof is about to collapse under the weight of all the snow, and no one can help him. There have already been 5 deaths, I'm thinking a lot of the elderly won't make it through this one. So fucking sad.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I was going to come in here and say that it's been fucking cold lately, but I'll just shut my whore mouth. That looks terrible, deb.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

It's about that here. Some parents are bitching because schools aren't delayed or closed. The fuck? Our grandparents walked to school 6 miles barefoot in the snow uphill both ways but now they should delay school because kids will have to wait a few minutes at the bus stop. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Yeah they delayed a bunch of schools down here two hours because of the cold. It was 14. For fuck's sake, I used to go sledding when it was 14 back home. Suck it up people, it's not the arctic.

Quote Originally Posted by 48nascarfan View Post
    It's about that here. Some parents are bitching because schools aren't delayed or closed. The fuck? Our grandparents walked to school 6 miles barefoot in the snow uphill both ways but now they should delay school because kids will have to wait a few minutes at the bus stop. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yeah they delayed a bunch of schools down here two hours because of the cold. It was 14. For fuck's sake, I used to go sledding when it was 14 back home. Suck it up people, it's not the arctic.
    I'm not sure if any school systems closed around here today ... maybe some of the more northern counties. I know ours didn't. But they have a lot of problems with the buses when the temp is very low, so sometimes they close school due to extremely low temps to avoid having little ones stranded on the side of the road in the freezing cold.

(And I feel like I mentioned this before on this thread or somewhere, but the day the Challenger exploded, we were out of school because it was like 5 below. In the years I was in school, that was the only time I recall school being closed due to just the temperature ... no snow or ice.)
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I'm not sure if any school systems closed around here today ... maybe some of the more northern counties. I know ours didn't. But they have a lot of problems with the buses when the temp is very low, so sometimes they close school due to extremely low temps to avoid having little ones stranded on the side of the road in the freezing cold.

(And I feel like I mentioned this before on this thread or somewhere, but the day the Challenger exploded, we were out of school because it was like 5 below. In the years I was in school, that was the only time I recall school being closed due to just the temperature ... no snow or ice.)
    I can understand that. But these parents are like it's too cold to get out of bed, they're just kids. Really? That's when you should start teaching them about responsibility and how to be a productive member of society. My husband didn't want to get out of bed and out in the cold but we have bills and shit so he bundled his ass up and went out. It's called being an adult, fucking deal with it.

pretty stoked that it is in the double digits right now, 11. real temp got below -13 last night, yesterday the high was 0 and at one point when i checked the windchill was -29. too cold for life.

Quote Originally Posted by 48nascarfan View Post
    I can understand that. But these parents are like it's too cold to get out of bed, they're just kids. Really? That's when you should start teaching them about responsibility and how to be a productive member of society. My husband didn't want to get out of bed and out in the cold but we have bills and shit so he bundled his ass up and went out. It's called being an adult, fucking deal with it.

Haha yeah my son would've been mad as hell if I had tried to keep him home from preschool today because it's cold. He loves school.

My husband probably would've loved to stay home, but, like yours, he bundled up and went on his merry way.

We sent our nine year old to school bundled up, he's totally fine. I remember ONE time back in NY they closed school because it was cold, and there was a wind chill of like -26 or something completely absurd like that.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    We sent our nine year old to school bundled up, he's totally fine. I remember ONE time back in NY they closed school because it was cold, and there was a wind chill of like -26 or something completely absurd like that.
    people shouldn't leave their homes when its that cold. i was surprised my car started at all.

twice last year it got down to -37 with windchill. twice. coldest winter in thirty years or some bullshit.

i just checked the weather, and we have both hilton head and portland listed as locations as z's parents live in these two spots. he leaves for SC today, it's actually warmer in portland right now (36). 29 in hilton head. so maybe his mom will get some use from the cowl i made her.

I got brain freeze from the wind hitting my forehead.

I have a hard time with this weather because all I do is constantly think of the homeless people and stray dogs/cats... I can't see anything living outside surviving this.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

when i stopped for gas this morning, there was a truck giving someone a boost and by the time i got out from paying, same truck was giving someone else a boost. -26 with the wind chill.

My son lived up in North Bay, Ontario for a couple of years. They have heaters they plug into cars at night.

I've got 8 degrees right now, it was -2 last night. Brrrrr!

Today is nice. Going to be about 50, which is awesome, since my daughter has an appointment with her oral surgeon and I'm driving her there.

Yesterday we woke to freezing drizzle. I did two miles an hour to work.

Day before that? Couldn't get up the hill and out of my neighborhood. So slick.

And, tomorrow? More fucking snow.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Thread Information