Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: technical support

nvm

Is the time wrong for anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyO View Post
    Is the time wrong for anybody else?
    You can fix it in settings. I think you find general settings after you go into settings first up there ^^. There'll be lots of options & different sections in general, just keep scrolling down til you find timezone options & change it to whatever you want

Is anyone else getting a weird little pop-up stopping them posting & editing at the moment? It says my messages are too short & to please lengthen it to at least 2 characters - even though the post is always at least 2 sentences?? Adding the two characters doesn't help- it still does it. It's not happening to every post, more like 1/5 I guess?

& while I'm here, I've lost access to smilies & album posting. I use a tablet & had access to everything by clicking "switch to desktop site" - it worked fine for months, but now if I try to use either I get a giant blank pop-up screen. It stays completely white for a few seconds then tells me these features aren't available via the mobile site - even though I'm in desktop? It worked perfect before? Now I don't even have smilies?? So confused ...

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    My two cents worth, be careful of the quote you're in that you might be typing within the [quote] that you are quoting. I've done it lots of times that i now check and edit/move the BB [quote] code.

Hmm, I wonder? There's a typo I've been trying to fix for a couple of days & there is a quote in it. I'll go try again & see if that helps. Thanx !!

You were right!! I have trouble using the buttons ^^ on my tablet so a lot of the time I type the [QUOTE] etc manually. If my only typo is inside the brackets that is when I'm having the drama. THANKYOU!! that was so easy (once I knew where to look)

ETA errderr I'm pointing up to the buttons that of course are no longer visible after I post. How very unlike me.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Ok, I'm back wth the same problem. KWD was right, it is the quote brackets - but I don't understand why? I can't close off my quotes anymore because whether I do it manually or use the "quote" button, 9/10 times I get this pop-up "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to more than 2 characters & try again". Or something like it?? It doesn't matter whether it's a single sentence or 8 paragraphs & adding to it, deleting, nothing makes a difference? The only thing that gets it to post is removing the quote brackets?? Confused

If different accounts log in from the same IP address, does it mean they are the same person? Couldn't they just be in the same household? Or could they are logging in from the same motel, dorm or library? Do different computers use the same IP?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Ok, I'm back wth the same problem. KWD was right, it is the quote brackets - but I don't understand why? I can't close off my quotes anymore because whether I do it manually or use the "quote" button, 9/10 times I get this pop-up "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to more than 2 characters & try again". Or something like it?? It doesn't matter whether it's a single sentence or 8 paragraphs & adding to it, deleting, nothing makes a difference? The only thing that gets it to post is removing the quote brackets?? Confused Are you typing inside the quote bracket itself?
    Because before I typed this I was getting that message "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters." when I hit Post Quick Reply and had typed only inside the quote bubble.

vBulletin quirks, I guess.

Try clicking this to see if you get your old MDS with smilies: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/forum.php?styleid=1
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    If different accounts log in from the same IP address, does it mean they are the same person?
    More certain if they use an ISP like Comcast or RoadRunner.

Mobile phones usually don't have static IP addresses (unless you change it to use your home internet to save usage) - usually they use their proprietary broadband (like Sprint or Verizon).

Couldn't they just be in the same household? Or could they are logging in from the same motel, dorm or library?
    Same household is possible as is the motel, dorm, library theory - but really? IMO not likely.

Do different computers use the same IP?
    At my house, we have 2 desktops, 2 laptops and 2 tablets and all of them are on the same IP address (we have a static IP with Comcast). Each device has a different MAC address so a tech at the ISP could likely tell what machine accessed the internet and when.

I am NOT a computer whiz by any means and I may be wrong about some of this. Hopefully someone will correct me or expound more/better than I did on your questions.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Because before I typed this I was getting that message "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters." when I hit Post Quick Reply and had typed only inside the quote bubble.

vBulletin quirks, I guess.

Try clicking this to see if you get your old MDS with smilies: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/forum.php?styleid=1
    I've noticed when you quote, your cursor ends up inside the BB codes. So now I always check that first that my cursor outside of these BB codes. Thus your comment remains inside the quote, not outside where it counts as your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    I've noticed when you quote, your cursor ends up inside the BB codes. So now I always check that first that my cursor outside of these BB codes. Thus your comment remains inside the quote, not outside where it counts as your message.
    I have noticed the cursor issue, too!!! PITA.

It can be hard to find the end of a long quote on a tablet. It's probably better to type before the quote in that case, rather than the middle of it.

Who do I need to contact for a name change?

It can be hard to find the end of a long quote on a tablet. It's probably better to type before the quote in that case, rather than the middle of it.

Who do I need to contact for a name change?
    Either Mike or J - they are the only Admins. You can PM either/both of them or email Mike at: mydeathspace@gmail.com

I am NOT a computer whiz by any means and I may be wrong about some of this. Hopefully someone will correct me or expound more/better than I did on your questions.
    No you're right as far as it goes. If someone is in a "pool" situation, it should be obvious because they'll show up with similar but different ips. If I'm on with the same ip over and over and someone else shows up with the same ip as me? It's probably me, or someone in my house. If on the other hand I have dozens of ips, and someone else shows the same pattern? Less likely to be a sock puppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What's a socket puppet?

I have a little router, no pool. Is McDonald's a pool? I never knew people in an apt. house would have the same IP, is it the same for a complex?

Quote Originally Posted by I doubt it View Post
    What's a socket puppet?

I have a little router, no pool. Is McDonald's a pool? I never knew people in an apt. house would have the same IP, is it the same for a complex?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_%28Internet%29
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What's a socket puppet?

Still, with this?

You seem really paranoid about this. If you have that many questions, go use your best friend google - which you suggest people use for basic word definitions.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Still, with this?

You seem really paranoid about this. If you have that many questions, go use your best friend google - which you suggest people use for basic word definitions.
    Why don't you go back to the band camp thread. They're looking for you.

Why don't you go back to the band camp thread. They're looking for you.
    Why did you bounce?
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Can someone provide the link to view MDS full site? I am on my phone and click the Full Site link at the bottom and it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Can someone provide the link to view MDS full site? I am on my phone and click the Full Site link at the bottom and it doesn't work.
    This worked for me when mine said that: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/forum.php?styleid=1

Thread Information