Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: technical support

Quote Originally Posted by nothingbettertodo View Post
    Help!!! how do I start my own thread?No post button????only on others topics!
    You have to have a certain number of posts under your belt before you can PM members and start threads. Also, once you are able to start doing more (start threads, post links and pics) you still need to have them approved by a moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Yes-yes-yes....I am a stupid noobie, decided I wanted to post a photo of my old ancient kitty over in pets. So...have fiddled for hours on noobie ipad3, joined photobucket, busy reading how to post photo on MDS. Am exhausted....willing to pay someone to post a photo for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meow meow View Post
    Yes-yes-yes....I am a stupid noobie, decided I wanted to post a photo of my old ancient kitty over in pets. So...have fiddled for hours on noobie ipad3, joined photobucket, busy reading how to post photo on MDS. Am exhausted....willing to pay someone to post a photo for me!!
    If you upload the picture to photobucket, you just click to copy the link and then on mds, above the box you are typing your reply in is a little toolbar with icons. Click the one that looks like a picture (3rd from the right) and paste the link from photobucket into the box that appears

Thank you so much, leap freak. Will send large check by snail mail !

Thank you so much, leap freak. Will send large check by snail mail !
    I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of your ancient kitty!

Well, I luv you leapy, it worked.Thanks from the bottom of our ancient hearts!!

Well, I luv you leapy, it worked.Thanks from the bottom of our ancient hearts!!
    You are very welcome. I'm glad it worked

What does it mean when you try to post a pic but all that shows in your post is a little blue square with a question mark in it? I've seen it in other posts but it's never happened to me before? Today EVERY pic I try does the same thing?? I've tried different pix from different sources but they all do it?

I can't copy/paste from my tablet so I use the dropdown menu to choose desktop. To post pix & links I go to page info in the dropdown, then manually type it into my post (yes, the long ones SUCK). It's always worked before?? Last night I even (finally) figured out how to manually post vids, so why is everything going horribly wrong today?
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-28-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling ... again

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    What does it mean when you try to post a pic but all that shows in your post is a little blue square with a question mark in it? I've seen it in other posts but it's never happened to me before? Today EVERY pic I try does the same thing?? I've tried different pix from different sources but they all do it?

I can't copy/paste from my tablet so I use the dropdown menu to choose desktop. To post pix & links I go to page info in the dropdown, then manually type it into my post (yes, the long ones SUCK). It's always worked before?? Last night I even (finally) figured out how to manually post vids, so why is everything going horribly wrong today?
    I find sometimes on different mediums the links are different, what works one day doesn't the other. I know this doesn't help too much, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Help with posting ... How do I post/quote an entire article/page?

Hi all, does anyone have some time for a (hopefully) quick question? I've figured out how to manually post links from my tablet (thanks Bowie) & with a bit of messing around after discovering my new tablet DOES have the dropdown menu with the "request desktop site" option, I've also finally figured out how to post pix & vids (sadly though it hasn't helped me form shorter sentences - sorry)

So now I would like to leap the final hurdle & find out how to post/quote an entire article. I've messed round with the unidentified (to me) buttons in the advanced post option, but I haven't managed to get it to work yet?? Mind you, I have to copy the links manually, so it's quite possible I was doing exactly what I was supposed to do, but because I forgot a . or a = or a _ I might've screwed it up??

Can anyone point me to an already posted walkthrough? Or wanna post a new one?

The site seems to be running slow today, especially the Trayvon Martin thread. Last night someone commented that quotes were getting wacky.
    Is anyone else having trouble?

I only clicked once, but it doubled. Excuse me.

Site was running slow....happens during a big trial. Thanks to J/Mike. Seems to be running fine again!! Muah!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Hi all, does anyone have some time for a (hopefully) quick question? I've figured out how to manually post links from my tablet (thanks Bowie) & with a bit of messing around after discovering my new tablet DOES have the dropdown menu with the "request desktop site" option, I've also finally figured out how to post pix & vids (sadly though it hasn't helped me form shorter sentences - sorry)

So now I would like to leap the final hurdle & find out how to post/quote an entire article. I've messed round with the unidentified (to me) buttons in the advanced post option, but I haven't managed to get it to work yet?? Mind you, I have to copy the links manually, so it's quite possible I was doing exactly what I was supposed to do, but because I forgot a . or a = or a _ I might've screwed it up??

Can anyone point me to an already posted walkthrough? Or wanna post a new one?
    My Kindle Fire came with directions for all that. Check your tablet, since nobody else has answered.

Reporting site problems in this thread seems to bring quick results. Is it just a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    My Kindle Fire came with directions for all that. Check your tablet, since nobody else has answered.

Reporting site problems in this thread seems to bring quick results. Is it just a coincidence?

A genuine thankyou but I figured it out soon after & have posted a bunch of articles successfully. My tablet is a cheap nasty little Huawei & came with no instructions whatsoever. I figured it out completely by chance & did a happy dance with a cat or 2 - at which point (of course) all 3 kids announced " ohh, is THAT what you were asking about all that time? didn't you know how to do that - seriously!! " etcetc

If i want to share a youtube video, how would i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by alaina02 View Post
    If i want to share a youtube video, how would i do that?
    right click on the video and copy url. then, on mds, click the little video reel next to the image button and paste the url in the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Awesome. thanks

I'm having trouble posting visitor messages. The boxes are gray, and I can't type in them. I tried with three different people who are all on my friends/contacts list. I was able to leave one yesterday when I tried for the third time, but today I can't. Thanks.

My anti-malware is going crazy today when I'm on MDS saying "blocked access from potentially harmful website" It's only doing it on MDS & it does it if I use explorer, chrome or firefox. Am I getting something from this site or is it my computer?

I'm not wearing any pants
    I'm getting data base errors.

me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    I'm getting a pop-up that reads "This webpage wants to run the following add0on: 'Apple from Apple Inc'. What the hell is this? It won't take no for an answer.

I still can't post Visitor Messages to anyone! Does anybody know why that happens and how to fix it? I always post VM's to these members, and this just started last week.

How do I make abprofile pic from an iPad

Thread Information