Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: technical support

Puffin is also good for smart phones - you can play/watch Flash enabled stuff using it, too!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I use Firefox and Chrome on a laptop and this is the first time I've been able to read a thread in days

I usually get 3 or 4 functions...loading a page or posting or leaving rep...and then I can not do anything for about a half hr

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Has this problem resolved itself for you guys? If not, please list your browser along with the version # and let me know exactly what you are doing when the error occurs. Thanks!

FWIW, both J and I do not get ANY errors on the forum or in the death articles.

Still issues for me with chrome, firefox, IE on desktop and laptop from home and work. Works fine on safari on my phone.

It always lets me log on and look at a few pages, and then starts to become hit and miss and time out. The timeouts happen when trying to load a thread/page and also when trying to reply. This also affects the death adding page so I have been unable to add anything.

Im on firefox and haven't had any issues.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Are you guys using dial up? How is it fine for some and crappy for others? So strange. I DO want to figure this out of course!

I've contacted vBulletin Support as our server company doesn't think it's server related.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I know I use Chrome on my phone, not sure how to get the version number on a phone but I'm assuming it's the latest version since apps update regularly. It will miss a page or two or let me make a post or two and then will stop loading. If it locks up while I'm making a post, it will ask if I want to leave the page and just won't post. I'll close the app, wait a while and try again. Rinse and repeat. On some occasion it will give me an error page. Next time I get it I'll screenshot it and post it here.

Firefox on both my PC and Laptop. I'll check the version numbers in the morning.

ETA: It happened while making this post. I get this sometimes:

Then wait 15 minutes and try hitting post again. Repeat until it takes.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 02-22-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I get that all the time too BB or it just does not load.
    I use Google and the stock browser my Note 3 has installed
    Issues with both.
    Thanks....

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Not a single issue here on my end. Ok, actually once in a while I get a deadlock error message but I push refresh and it goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Not a single issue here on my end. Ok, actually once in a while I get a deadlock error message but I push refresh and it goes away.
    I used to get that all the time too, for months now and that was never a problem because you'd hit refresh and it would be fine. What's happening now is a different issue.

It's broken cuz Boston is using Comic Sans.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    It's broken cuz Boston is using Comic Sans.
    Fuck off.

It's even worse now on my PC. Latest version of Firefox. I tried Chrome too (latest version) and the same. I couldn't screenshot the error message but said "Error, page not available".

Administrator
    Help is on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by mdsadmin View Post
    Help is on the way!
    Cool. In the meantime, this is the other error message I get from time to time. Hopefully it gets resolved, because I love MDS, but there's only so much patience in a person and 3 weeks and more is enough

PS. It took two tries and half an hour to post this

vBulletin technical support spent over 10 minutes clicking around the site (while not signed in) and didn't encounter a single error.

I use google. I usually get on the site when I first log on, but after clicking on the 3rd or 4th thread, it thinks for a long time and ends up saying "webpage could not be displayed" or something like "oops! That link is not correct". Happens on anything I try to click: another page of a thread I am in, clicking "new posts", etc. I exit out completely, wait 20 minutes or so, and it will work at first and let me click a thing or two, but then I end up getting one of the same error messages.

I usually click each thread in the new posts to load as another tab, so I tend to have 8 or 10 open. If I try that, the first two or three will work and the others will all end up with that same error message. But even if I don't open multiple tabs, I will end up with the error within a few minutes of being on the site.

I hope what I am typing here will even post lol. That is why I have been posting about the issues on the FB site instead because this one is such a pain for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Nic ~ I was also using Google Chrome and continued to have issues. Once I switched to Firefox things have been fine (fingers crossed that continues).

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    vBulletin technical support spent over 10 minutes clicking around the site (while not signed in) and didn't encounter a single error.
    Well, then I guess this is adios . The site is not worth it if I have to take 3 tries and half an hour to post. It's frustrating and I'm not going to put myself through that anymore. You insist that nothing is wrong, yet the majority of us are experiencing this including Bowie. So I guess we're the crazy ones. And since it's obvious that it will never be fixed, it looks like I'll have to find a new home.

It's been real!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Well, then I guess this is adios . The site is not worth it if I have to take 3 tries and half an hour to post. It's frustrating and I'm not going to put myself through that anymore. You insist that nothing is wrong, yet the majority of us are experiencing this including Bowie. So I guess we're the crazy ones. And since it's obvious that it will never be fixed, it looks like I'll have to find a new home.

It's been real!
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been real!
    So much negativity in your post!

I don't recall insisting that nothing is wrong, but whatever helps you sleep better at night!

Not even sure this is happening to the "majority" of users/visitors. I suspect it is happening to a handful at most. Will likely work itself out sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yet she was able to post a dramatic goodbye message with no issue?

I use google. I usually get on the site when I first log on, but after clicking on the 3rd or 4th thread, it thinks for a long time and ends up saying "webpage could not be displayed" or something like "oops! That link is not correct". Happens on anything I try to click: another page of a thread I am in, clicking "new posts", etc. I exit out completely, wait 20 minutes or so, and it will work at first and let me click a thing or two, but then I end up getting one of the same error messages.

I usually click each thread in the new posts to load as another tab, so I tend to have 8 or 10 open. If I try that, the first two or three will work and the others will all end up with that same error message. But even if I don't open multiple tabs, I will end up with the error within a few minutes of being on the site.

I hope what I am typing here will even post lol. That is why I have been posting about the issues on the FB site instead because this one is such a pain for me.
    Samsies. Exactly.

It's been real!
    You can't quit us. You'll be back.

The same :(

Okay so I downloaded Firefox and am so far not having issues! Anyone having error problems, I recommend using Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information