Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: technical support

Re: technical support

can someone PLEASE tell me why my avatars that once worked no longer work?  it's only my gif files.  what's up with that?  one day they uploaded just fine...now..nada...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AND you have the best avatars on MDS

[quote author=MAVEN link=topic=4151.msg201719#msg201719 date=1172514446]
    can someone PLEASE tell me why my avatars that once worked no longer work?  it's only my gif files.  what's up with that?  one day they uploaded just fine...now..nada...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    [/quote]I can't change mine either. I want to get rid of Bert and Ernie and when I put a new one in or the link and hit update my profile or whatever I do the bert and ernie picture is still there.

HELP because I don't want Bert anymore. He scares me

i can change my avatar as long as it's not a gif file.  maybe someone will take pity and answer our questions.  bert is a scary sort isn't he??

I've got one that I cannot figure out.

I finally got my wife to quit judging me for being a member of the site. And now she wants to be an active member and get a feel for what we do.

Anyway... she started a regular account ( both of us will eventually upgrade to premium). She got her confirmation email and everything... but it will not let her sign in. Going back to her email she tried to put the code in that was provided in case of a problem, and it still doesn't work.

That night it showed her screen name as being a new member... but to no avail... she still cannot sign in.

I'm at a loss... any ideas?

The sooner that I can get her on the site... the sooner I may be able to finally get her off my ass. LOL
    "Don't take life too seriously... it isn't permanent."

[quote author=Mistergiallo link=topic=4151.msg295282#msg295282 date=1176791557]
    I've got one that I cannot figure out.

I finally got my wife to quit judging me for being a member of the site. And now she wants to be an active member and get a feel for what we do.

Anyway... she started a regular account ( both of us will eventually upgrade to premium). She got her confirmation email and everything... but it will not let her sign in. Going back to her email she tried to put the code in that was provided in case of a problem, and it still doesn't work.

That night it showed her screen name as being a new member... but to no avail... she still cannot sign in.

I'm at a loss... any ideas?

The sooner that I can get her on the site... the sooner I may be able to finally get her off my ass. LOL
    [/quote]

PM me her username.

Is it me or does the main site not work at the moment? I'm new here so I'd like to know if this is a fairly regular (if you can call it) or common occurrence...?

[quote author=Verbal Intercourse link=topic=4151.msg295868#msg295868 date=1176824350]
    Is it me or does the main site not work at the moment? I'm new here so I'd like to know if this is a fairly regular (if you can call it) or common occurrence...?
    [/quote]

I get that too.  I think we maybe getting hit harder than usual due to the Virginia Tech shooting.
    This is the first time since we changed servers that this has happened to my knowledge.

Yeah I would of thought so considering that was the reason why I was drawn to this site... I'm not really bothered by it though.

the website is getting SLAMMED because of the VA school shooting. 

it should be working now.

is it just me or when i goto latest articles it takes me back to january and i cant go to any page but that one

Hi, maybe I am missing something obvious, but I don't appear to be able to send PMs.  I received one and want to reply but there is no reply option and when I click on "New Message"  I get an error message saying I cannot send messages.

Also - how do you "applaud" and "smite" people?  (I don't see anything about it in the Help section so apologies if it already explained.)

Finally - sometimes if I click on a "smiley" (from the list available while writing a post) my entire post disappears and I am just left with the smiley.  Has happened a couple of times now.

Thanks.

You can't send PM's when you are a noob.  You need to get to 10 posts.  And try turning the spell check off, that worked for me.  Hope this helps.

[quote author=serafina link=topic=4151.msg299899#msg299899 date=1176946135]
    Hi, maybe I am missing something obvious, but I don't appear to be able to send PMs.  I received one and want to reply but there is no reply option and when I click on "New Message"  I get an error message saying I cannot send messages.

Also - how do you "applaud" and "smite" people?  (I don't see anything about it in the Help section so apologies if it already explained.)

Finally - sometimes if I click on a "smiley" (from the list available while writing a post) my entire post disappears and I am just left with the smiley.  Has happened a couple of times now.

Thanks.
    [/quote]

Noobs are not able to PM or leave karma.

Turn spelling cow off and the smiley/disappearing post issue will be solved.

Thanks to both of you for such quick replies. :-)  Looks like the smiley thing is ok now without the spell-check.

[quote author=serafina link=topic=4151.msg299922#msg299922 date=1176946922]
    Thanks to both of you for such quick replies. :-)  Looks like the smiley thing is ok now without the spell-check.

[/quote]

You are welcome. 

[quote author=serafina link=topic=4151.msg299922#msg299922 date=1176946922]

[/quote]

You can bypass waiting to get to ten posts by posting in this thread.

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=4958.0

[quote author=J link=topic=4151.msg296629#msg296629 date=1176850526]
    the website is getting SLAMMED because of the VA school shooting. 

it should be working now.
    [/quote]

J, I don't like your sig.  We don't have any "user's" that old here.  The only old people that we have here are dead.  :-P

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=4151.msg299938#msg299938 date=1176947361]
    You can bypass waiting to get to ten posts by posting in this thread.

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=4958.0

J, I don't like your sig.  We don't have any "user's" that old here.  The only old people that we have here are dead.   :-P
    [/quote]

test

Just doing some testing to see how some of this works

Did something happen to the Morgan Ingram thread?

I was catching up, clicked to go to pg 404 & got a message saying I didn't have permission to access/view? I assumed my ph was the problem when back paging did the same thing so I exited & came back into forums. I can't find the entire thread now though? I've checked all the obvious places (well, obvious to someone who's been a member all of 2 mths) but I can't find it anywhere? I even checked removed topics & some of the general discussion threads in case there was talk of removing it or something. I feel like I'm going craaaazy. Help? Is it somewhere embarassingly obvious? I'm so going to blame this on my phone if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I was catching up, clicked to go to pg 404 & got a message saying I didn't have permission to access/view? I assumed my ph was the problem when back paging did the same thing so I exited & came back into forums. I can't find the entire thread now though? I've checked all the obvious places (well, obvious to someone who's been a member all of 2 mths) but I can't find it anywhere? I even checked removed topics & some of the general discussion threads in case there was talk of removing it or something. I feel like I'm going craaaazy. Help? Is it somewhere embarassingly obvious? I'm so going to blame this on my phone if it is.
    I read in another thread that the mods are doing some cleanup in there. I'm sure it will be back soon ?
    just guessing

Thanx MJoy, that makes total sense & I can stop thinking I've lost my mind. If I'd been around longer I'd probably figured it out. Next time it happens I'll know what it means. Thanx!!

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    It was moved so that some posts could be deleted.

Thanks for answering. I finally figured out it wasn't my screwy phone &/or brain after Mjoy's post. Consider me educated in matters of disappearing threads & similar stuff. I promise to shutup & be patient in future (as I now wish I'd done yesterday). Sorry & thanks again.

Help!!! how do I start my own thread?No post button????only on others topics!

Thread Information