Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Becky Koster (24) was murdered and her body was found burning on the side of the road

Becky Koster (24) was murdered and her body was found burning on the side of the road

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/12/10/Becky_Koster_(24)_was_murdered_and_her_body_was_fo und_burning_on_the_side_of_the_road

Who ever did this is really sick
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/texts_sent_from_slain_gal_cell_to_Bbdw5S60P9Qpnsvs B4DjMM

LI killer's cruel hoax

By KIERAN CROWLEY

Last Updated: 7:28 AM, December 11, 2009

Posted: 3:52 AM, December 11, 2009
    The coldblooded killer who hacked and burned the body of a 24-year-old Long Island woman has been tormenting her family with sick text messages -- using the slain woman's missing phone.<p> </p><br> The mysterious texts -- sent in the days after the body of Rebecca Koster was found dumped in a Connecticut field last Friday -- were a cruel hoax, portrayed as a cry for help from the missing woman herself.<p> </p><br> The first message came at 11:40 p.m. Sunday and gave the family false hope she might be rescued: "Dan has me tied up in a basement somewhere in Commack."<p> </p><br> The message prompted police to rush to a home where Koster's boyfriend, Dan Mayor, 28, had been staying. He was the last person to see her before she vanished Friday. When cops got there, they found nothing.<p> </p><br> Koster's stepfather, Larry Ross, told The Post, "It was driving us crazy. We were elated that we might find her, and then we didn't. These guys are just sick and twisted."<p> </p><br> The evil game didn't end there.<p> </p><br> On Monday, Koster's mom, Barbara Ross, got another text from her daughter's phone: "Don't tell Dan, or he'll kill me."<p> </p><br> Authorities believe the second text was sent from a parking lot near the Northern State Parkway in Happauge.<p> </p><br> It renewed the family's hope they would see her alive. But they didn't know Koster's burned body had already been found in a field in North Stonington, Conn.<p> </p><br> It wasn't until 4 p.m. Wednesday that cops determined the body was Koster's, and notified her family.<p> </p><br> The news left the young woman's mom devastated.<p> </p><br> "She's my baby," Barbara Ross said yesterday, as she looked at photos of her daughter near their Medford home, and broke down in tears.<p> </p><br> She said the idea that someone had her daughter's phone and was using it to taunt her made the loss even harder to bear.<p> </p><br> "It was torture," she said, choking back tears.<p> </p><br> Koster was a home health aide who worked with the elderly and autistic children.<p> </p><br> Her last known whereabouts were inside Butcher Boys Bar and Grill in Holbrook, where she was captured on a security video standing by a jukebox at 3:20 a.m. last Friday along with her boyfriend.<p> </p><br> Larry Ross said he watched the video and said she looked as if she wanted to get out of the bar.<p> </p><br> "Becky kept telling them, 'I want to go home,' " Ross said. "On the video, you can see her waiting by the jukebox, waiting to go home."<p> </p><br> Sources said Mayor told Suffolk County cops he dropped her off at home that morning. But her family said she never returned home.<p> </p><br> In addition to the texts, Koster's phone also received a 17 minute call at 4 a.m. on the day she disappeared, according to records the stepfather had checked.<p> </p><br> Her body was found when Connecticut authorities responded to a brush fire. Her family said police told them she had been cut before she was slain.<p> </p><br> Larry Ross said he doesn't know who could have his stepdaughter's phone, or why he or they are trying to make her boyfriend look like a suspect with the series of messages. Mayor has not be named as a suspect nor charged with any crime.<p> </p><br> "I went over to see Dan and I met him," Larry Ross said. "Dan was crying. He told me, 'I loved your daughter. I would never in a million years hurt your daughter.'<p> </p><br> "I don't know why they are trying to frame Dan. And why would Dan text us saying he did it?"<p> </p><br> Anyone with information should contact Connecticut State Police at (860) 848-6500.<p> </p><br> kieran.crowley@nypost.com <p> </p><br>

The coldblooded killer who hacked and burned the body of a 24-year-old Long Island woman has been tormenting her family with sick text messages -- using the slain woman's missing phone.

The mysterious texts -- sent in the days after the body of Rebecca Koster was found dumped in a Connecticut field last Friday -- were a cruel hoax, portrayed as a cry for help from the missing woman herself.

The first message came at 11:40 p.m. Sunday and gave the family false hope she might be rescued: "Dan has me tied up in a basement somewhere in Commack."
    MYSTERY: Days after the body of 24-year-old murder victim Rebecca Koster was found in Connecticut on Friday, the killer sent text messages that tried to implicate her boyfriend, Dan Mayor.
    MYSTERY: Days after the body of 24-year-old murder victim Rebecca Koster was found in Connecticut on Friday, the killer sent text messages that tried to implicate her boyfriend, Dan Mayor.

The message prompted police to rush to a home where Koster's boyfriend, Dan Mayor, 28, had been staying. He was the last person to see her before she vanished Friday. When cops got there, they found nothing.

Koster's stepfather, Larry Ross, told The Post, "It was driving us crazy. We were elated that we might find her, and then we didn't. These guys are just sick and twisted."

The evil game didn't end there.

On Monday, Koster's mom, Barbara Ross, got another text from her daughter's phone: "Don't tell Dan, or he'll kill me."

Authorities believe the second text was sent from a parking lot near the Northern State Parkway in Happauge.

It renewed the family's hope they would see her alive. But they didn't know Koster's burned body had already been found in a field in North Stonington, Conn.

It wasn't until 4 p.m. Wednesday that cops determined the body was Koster's, and notified her family.

The news left the young woman's mom devastated.

"She's my baby," Barbara Ross said yesterday, as she looked at photos of her daughter near their Medford home, and broke down in tears.

She said the idea that someone had her daughter's phone and was using it to taunt her made the loss even harder to bear.

"It was torture," she said, choking back tears.

Koster was a home health aide who worked with the elderly and autistic children.

Her last known whereabouts were inside Butcher Boys Bar and Grill in Holbrook, where she was captured on a security video standing by a jukebox at 3:20 a.m. last Friday along with her boyfriend.

Larry Ross said he watched the video and said she looked as if she wanted to get out of the bar.

"Becky kept telling them, 'I want to go home,' " Ross said. "On the video, you can see her waiting by the jukebox, waiting to go home."

Sources said Mayor told Suffolk County cops he dropped her off at home that morning. But her family said she never returned home.

In addition to the texts, Koster's phone also received a 17 minute call at 4 a.m. on the day she disappeared, according to records the stepfather had checked.

Her body was found when Connecticut authorities responded to a brush fire. Her family said police told them she had been cut before she was slain.

Larry Ross said he doesn't know who could have his stepdaughter's phone, or why he or they are trying to make her boyfriend look like a suspect with the series of messages. Mayor has not be named as a suspect nor charged with any crime.

"I went over to see Dan and I met him," Larry Ross said. "Dan was crying. He told me, 'I loved your daughter. I would never in a million years hurt your daughter.'

"I don't know why they are trying to frame Dan. And why would Dan text us saying he did it?"

Anyone with information should contact Connecticut State Police at (860) 848-6500.

kieran.crowley@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/texts_sent_from_slain_gal_cell_to_Bbdw5S60P9Qpnsvs B4DjMM#ixzz0ZNu03a6T

Re: Becky Koster (24) was murdered and her body was found burning on the side of th

Her last known whereabouts were inside Butcher Boys Bar and Grill in Holbrook, where she was captured on a security video standing by a jukebox at 3:20 a.m. last Friday along with her boyfriend.

Larry Ross said he watched the video and said she looked as if she wanted to get out of the bar.

"Becky kept telling them, 'I want to go home,' " Ross said. "On the video, you can see her waiting by the jukebox, waiting to go home."
    Poor girl  :-(

Who is "them"? Becky and her boyfriend must of been at the bar with several other people as opposed to just the two of them.

The text messages are really pretty disturbing, whoever is sending them clearly knows Becky personally - to know who to send the text messages to and to know who her boyfriend is. What kind of twisted up bullshit is this dangerous psychopath playing at anyway? To murder, hack up and burn some poor girl's body and then precede to mock her distraught family like that, it is just absolutely horrendous.

Re: Becky Koster (24) was murdered and her body was found burning on the side of th

That is sick!! What is wrong with people?? I hope that this will get him caught. Can you find the phone pings when they are using it to send text or just when they are using it to call?

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

They said the second text message was believed to be sent from a parking lot near the Northern State Parkway in Happauge.

I hope for her family's sake that whoever is responsible for this heinous crime is brought to justice ... with a little luck these terribly brazen mind-games they are playing with her phone will indeed lead to their downfall.

SARASOTAS-FINEST

Re: Becky Koster (24) was murdered and her body was found burning on the side of the road

That's so sad i feel for her family day after day him rubbin that s*it in there face

r.i.p.becky

Re: Becky Koster (24) was murdered and her body was found burning on the side o

I'll admit it, I'm old. 

47. I'm going to sound like, 'Those kids and their crazy rock n roll!' when I post this.

A sweet girl, friends and family heartbroken. She was a healthcare worker w/geriatric patients, a job that requires empathy, patience, kindness.

Looking at her Myspace and those of her friends, it's all '$$THUGS$$, makeYRbedrock, nigga.' 

I would guess this is pop culture posturing? Something people grow out of? 

Did '23-skiddoo' and 'Oh you kid!' sound as startling, raw to older folk in the 1920s?

All zeitgeist musing aside, poor young woman, poor family, friends.  I wish there was a way to send you the strength to bear this tragedy.

[quote author=HelenSurlyFrown link=topic=23500.msg1473048#msg1473048 date=1260561863]
    I'll admit it, I'm old. 

47. I'm going to sound like, 'Those kids and their crazy rock n roll!' when I post this.

A sweet girl, friends and family heartbroken. She was a healthcare worker w/geriatric patients, a job that requires empathy, patience, kindness.

Looking at her Myspace and those of her friends, it's all '$$THUGS$$, makeYRbedrock, nigga.' 

I would guess this is pop culture posturing? Something people grow out of? 

Did '23-skiddoo' and 'Oh you kid!' sound as startling, raw to older folk in the 1920s?

All zeitgeist musing aside, poor young woman, poor family, friends.  I wish there was a way to send you the strength to bear this tragedy.

[/quote]

Yep, its kind of like those drugged out Beatles and that pervert Elvis.  I didn't see anything bad on Becky's page but I didn't take time to look at her friends either.  Anybody quoting the Get Up Kids can't be too thuggish.  :-)

This story is sad though.  I can't believe someone could be sick enough to do that to both her and her family. 

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=23500.msg1473484#msg1473484 date=1260584498]
    Yep, its kind of like those drugged out Beatles and that pervert Elvis. 
    [/quote]

Don't forget that commie Pete Seeger!

just marking my spot here.  i really want to see how this turns out.
    Team Leyash

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

Re: Becky Koster (24) was murdered and her body was found burning on the side of the road

On Friday night off a secluded road in North Stonington, police found a woman's body. She was on fire. Connecticut State Police ruled it a homicide, but for days, no one knew who the woman found on Jeremy Hill Road was.

Five days later, Suffolk County, New York police identified her as Rebecca Koster, 24, who had last been seen in Medford, on Long Island, around 3:30 a.m. on Friday -- the morning of the  day on which her remains were found across the Sound in southeastern Connecticut.

On Thursday, Connecticut state police said they have leads based on evidence found at the crime scene.

Koster's family was too distraught to say anything about their daughter's death and Koster's neighbors in Medford and friends were shocked to hear the news.

On Koster's MySpace page, friends have left messages telling Koster she will be remembered and to rest in peace. Before those posts, the messages were of concern. They told Koster to get home safe and asked where she was.

Suffolk County police say the 24-year-old had gone to the Butcher Boy Bar in Holbrook the night before she disappeared. After the bar, police believe, she was dropped off at home, but when a relative tried to wake her in the morning, she was no where to be found.

Police are still investigating the details of what happened, but they believe Koster was killed in New York then brought to Connecticut.

Connecticut State Police confirmed on Thursday that the body found was Rebecca Koster.
    hopefully, they will find this sick-fuck before he/she's able to hurt anyone else. i agree that it has to be someone close to her personally. i wonder if a scorned boyfriend or girlfriend from their past has anything to do with it.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

[quote author=libraryk link=topic=23500.msg1472502#msg1472502 date=1260536227]
    In addition to the texts, Koster's phone also received a 17 minute call at 4 a.m. on the day she disappeared, according to records the stepfather had checked.
    [/quote]

Can they not trace who called her? Odd.
    Cancer JUNE 22 - JULY 22<br />Don&#39;t let negativity win out today, even though it probably will, because you&#39;re a worthless human being who most likely doesn&#39;t deserve to be happy.

[quote author=Accidenttraffic link=topic=23500.msg1475686#msg1475686 date=1260768924]
    [/quote]That is odd. This one really bothers me. A lot. She certainly seemed well liked, and she was very beautiful, as well. It turns my stomach that someone would taunt her family with texts. I am hoping that LE has a lot more information that they are not releasing. RIP Becky.

[quote author=Accidenttraffic link=topic=23500.msg1475686#msg1475686 date=1260768924]
    [/quote]

I read elsewhere the number that called her was a prepaid phone.&nbsp; My ex is in law enforcement and went to a conference in Vegas in February . . . one of the seminars was about prepaid phones and how they are essentially impossible to trace back to someone.&nbsp; I'll have to ask him about it again
    Team Leyash

This is so tragic. I'm very curious to see how this will end up. People are so messed up.

Bunch of pics of her in bars in the my pond photo album. I wonder if this spot, Butcher Boys was her regular hang out.&nbsp; Not that it matters, but it looks like she liked to party. Lottsa of comments about drinks and blunts and whatnot.

One of the people that apparently was with her at the bar her left this:

Anthony Krempa
    Online Now!

Dec 9 2009 8:49 PM

i was one of the ppl that had the honor of spending ur last happy night with you. its a memory that will forever be etched in my mind. the good lord must have realized wut a wonderful soul there was on this earth and jus had to have you by his side. u were so loved and will always be missed. you were one of a kind. words cant express how sorry and hurt and dissappointed i am. it jus makes me lose faith in ppl. are there no decent human beings ? the world is a cruel place and all dis means is u were too good for it hea in dis place. im sorry becky. im so so sorry. i love you. goodbye angel
    RIP Becky, I hope you find justice.

[/quote]

Yes they can - go down to the mid section of the page.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Tracking-Any-Cell-Phone-Number

Sounds like the police are closing in on a suspect.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/li_murder_guy_on_grill_oZPfKT5etrj4AmS01FAUZK

LI 'murder' guy on grill
    By KIERAN CROWLEY

Last Updated: 12:13 PM, December 16, 2009
    Posted: 5:18 AM, December 16, 2009

The Post yesterday saw Suffolk County investigators remove a small box and three large bags, along with weight-lifting weights and a broom and dustpan from the unnamed man's Long Island home The person taken in for questioning was not the victim's boyfriend, Dan Mayor, 28, The Post has learned. Mayor was the last person to see Koster, 24, of Medford, before she vanished Dec. 4. Her body was found dumped in a Connecticut field that evening.

Police investigating the stabbing murder and torching of Long Island beauty Rebecca Koster yesterday took a possible suspect into custody, grilled him and then released him -- but searched his home and removed possible evidence, a law enforcement source told The Post.

The Post has been asked not to name the possible suspect or reveal his address.

The Post yesterday saw Suffolk County investigators remove a small box and three large bags, along with weight-lifting weights and a broom and dustpan from the unnamed man's Long Island home.

The person taken in for questioning was not the victim's boyfriend, Dan Mayor, 28, The Post has learned.

Mayor was the last person to see Koster, 24, of Medford, before she vanished Dec. 4. Her body was found dumped in a Connecticut field that evening.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/li_murder_guy_on_grill_oZPfKT5etrj4AmS01FAUZK#ixzz 0aPKgPfr9

Sick, sick, sick.

It takes a certain kind of person to take the life of an innocent individual.&nbsp; And it takes a much DARKER person to do it AND laugh all the way to hell.&nbsp; I hope they find the guy so her family can set HIM on fire.&nbsp;

Wow, how unbelievably awful&nbsp;

Rebecca Koster's Killer Cut Out Her Tattoo Then Sent Taunting Texts to Family, Says NY DA

Prosecutors in Long Island, N.Y. allege that Evans Ganthier cut off Rebecca Koster's fingers, toes, hair and a tattoo on her back to hide her identity, after fatally stabbing her in the stomach on December 4, 2009.&nbsp;
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/10/crimesider/entry6193552.shtml

So what's the connection between her and the killer?&nbsp;
    Team Leyash

[quote author=NotMe link=topic=23500.msg1535692#msg1535692 date=1265988984]
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/10/crimesider/entry6193552.shtml

[/quote]

What the fuck.&nbsp; :x I knew about the texts, and that was bad enough. Poor girl.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California

There are two myspaces under his name.

One is a blank one, last log in 2006, www.myspace.com/72613938&nbsp;

The other is Secrets Adult Entertainment www.myspace.com/206460020&nbsp;

Both same name, 30 year old male in Central Islip NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Wow this guy is one sick POS.&nbsp; This crime itself was heinous and his taunting afterwards is really disturbing.&nbsp; I too am wondering what the connection was between Ganthier and Becky.

RIP Becky

It sounds like there was no connection between them:

http://peach-lips.com/2010/02/09/long-island-man-charged-in-cell-taunt-slaying

Note: This is a blog that quotes the post, but I couldn't find an article on the NY Post that includes these quotes. Inside source or speculation, I'm not sure.

Long Island Man Charged In Cell-Taunt Slaying

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. — A Long Island man has been charged with murdering a missing woman and mutilating her body in an attempt to conceal her identity.

Evans Ganthier pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder Tuesday in First District Court in Central Islip. The 30-year-old was ordered held without bail.

Rebecca Koster’s burning remains were discovered in Connecticut on Dec. 4. Authorities say the 24-year-old’s body was wrapped in a blanket, her head in a plastic bag.

Prosecutors say Ganthier cut off her fingers, toes, hair and a tattoo on her back to hide her identity after fatally stabbing her in the stomach.

His lawyer said Ganthier maintains his innocence.

Police are still trying to determine how Koster wound up with the suspect early on Dec. 4 after her boyfriend, Dan Mayor, had taken her home from a bar at about 3:30 a.m.

“I don’t know who this is. No one in the family, nor her friends, know who he is,” Koster’s stepfather, Larry Ross, told The Post, from his home in Medford.

“It’s like he dropped out of the sky to kill my daughter.”

The sick killer used his victim’s cellphone to send messages to the dead girl’s family for days after the body was found in North Stonington, Conn.

Sources believe it was an attempt to implicate Mayor.

He tormented her family by using her cellphone to send text messages indicating she was still alive. In one message, the killer texted, “Dan has me tied up in a basement somewhere in Commack.”

A source told The Post that Ganthier confessed to stabbing the home health aide four times in the chest and then putting her body in the trunk of his car and taking it via ferry to Connecticut, where he set it on fire.

“We’re glad they arrested somebody. It’s been horrific, endless sleepless nights,” said Ross.

“The police did a great job and we thank them. The worst part is it won’t bring Becky back.

“But we still want to know why. No one deserves this. He sent messages to my wife blaming the boyfriend.”

Thread Information