Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eric Smith, murderer at age 13.

Re: Eric Smith, murderer at age 13.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=23432.msg1467908#msg1467908 date=1260218521]
    It's always easier in retrospect to think you would do more, but the reality is that no one really believes someone they know is capable of that.
    [/quote]

Especially a 13 year old boy.

this is totally off topic, but i went to academy yesterday and saw a mother with two kids who were redheads.  the girl was stunning, you knew she would be pretty when she got older, and the boy was a handsome little dude. there were three frat daddy wannabe douchebags who saw the kids and were making jokes almost loud enough for them to hear. fucking assholes.

anyhoo, i wish Eric could have gotten help before all of this happened.  im sure he is getting help in prison (i would think) for his issues.  has he been interviewed since the murder? does he still have that rage issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Yeah he has been interviewed.  He still comes off as if something isn't quite right about him though.  I can't remember what his sentence was...anyone know??

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23432.msg1467565#msg1467565 date=1260190167]
    i dont know about that.  his parents didnt really pay attention to what he was telling them.  if your kid has rage issues, you cant just tell them to go hit something.  they need therapy.  :|  and the murder that eric committed was sexual in nature, obviously more than just rage problems there.
    [/quote]
    Parents want the credit when their children excel, but refuse to take the blame when they do horrible shit. Fuck that, it's their fault.

You don't ever hear people thanking Marilyn Manson when their kid is good in math but it's his fault when their evil kids shoot up their school on Hitler's birthday. Fuck these blame-shifting, asshole parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23432.msg1468520#msg1468520 date=1260284970]
    Parents want the credit when their children excel, but refuse to take the blame when they do horrible shit. Fuck that, it's their fault.

You don't ever hear people thanking Marilyn Manson when their kid is good in math but it's his fault when their evil kids shoot up their school on Hitler's birthday. Fuck these blame-shifting, asshole parents.
    [/quote]

I totally just said basically this in the thread about the kid who strangled his brother because of Dexter  :lol:
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=23432.msg1468523#msg1468523 date=1260285155]
    I totally just said basically this in the thread about the kid who strangled his brother because of Dexter  :lol:
    [/quote]
    I saw that. :lol:

You're child-free, right? I think when people have children, they want a ready disclaimer, so they don't get as angry over the blame-shifting as child-free folks do.

Aaannnnnnnd it won't be long now :lol:

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=23432.msg1468532#msg1468532 date=1260285545]
    Aaannnnnnnd it won't be long now :lol:
    [/quote]

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23432.msg1468526#msg1468526 date=1260285309]
    I saw that. :lol:

You're child-free, right? I think when people have children, they want a ready disclaimer, so they don't get as angry over the blame-shifting as child-free folks do.
    [/quote]

Yes, I'm child-free but when I was growing up, I was always to blame and I had no one to blame but myself. Not these entitled little fuckers out there now. God I hope when I have children I can raise them the way I was raised.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Actually, if someone is born a sociopath, there's very little that can be done to really 'help' them.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=23432.msg1468903#msg1468903 date=1260305967]
    Actually, if someone is born a sociopath, there's very little that can be done to really 'help' them.
    [/quote]

That is true. I wasn't talking about Eric Smith necessarily but kids in general. And those people who blame media for their actions.

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=23432.msg1468945#msg1468945 date=1260309791]
    That is true. I wasn't talking about Eric Smith necessarily but kids in general. And those people who blame media for their actions.
    [/quote]
    Ditto.

It's hard to tell what makes someone a sociopath, nature or nurture and all that. Probably a mix of both. But its also possible that maybe some people are hard wired to be sociopathic, and unless the problem is identified and addressed early on, bad things can happen. I think there was more to Eric Smith's upbringing than just your normal everyday kid. A young boy wouldn't even know to sodomize someone unless he'd been exposed to that sort of thing himself. Then you have the brutal murder on top of it.

[quote author=partyguy link=topic=23432.msg1469864#msg1469864 date=1260375109]
    It's hard to tell what makes someone a sociopath, nature or nurture and all that. Probably a mix of both. But its also possible that maybe some people are hard wired to be sociopathic, and unless the problem is identified and addressed early on, bad things can happen. I think there was more to Eric Smith's upbringing than just your normal everyday kid. A young boy wouldn't even know to sodomize someone unless he'd been exposed to that sort of thing himself. Then you have the brutal murder on top of it.
    [/quote]

I don't think that's true at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

reminds me of the Adam Savage from Mythbusters....

[quote author=partyguy link=topic=23432.msg1469864#msg1469864 date=1260375109]
    A young boy wouldn't even know to sodomize someone unless he'd been exposed to that sort of thing himself.
    [/quote]I'm not so sure about that. I think it was more of a playing around with the corpse "what happens if I put a stick in his butt hurr hurr" thing than a re-enacting sexual trauma. That's just a guess, of course. I mean, how often do you hear of kids who put firecrackers up a cat's rear (which I'm not saying is funny by any means) as a joke and manage to go on with their lives without advancing to being a killer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

I could only wish that this retarded looking fuck would somehow manage to be raped up the ass by a tree. Seriously he looks like a product from incest,

RIP Baby

Just bumping with an update - Eric was denied parole again a few months ago.

& he looks a lot more explosively angry than he used to

http://www.fingerlakesdailynews.com/...OpvneM.blogger

Smith Denied Parole for 9th Time in Steuben County Child Murder

April 21, 2018 06:15 am

The man convicted of killing a 4-year-old Savona boy back in 1993 has been denied parole for a 9th time.

Eric Smith, now 38 years old, will remain in an Erie County prison, after the state parole board once again elected to keep him incarcerated.

Smith was 13 years old when he lured Derrick Robie into the woods near his home, strangled him, violated him with a stick, and beat him with a rock.

Smith was convicted and sentenced to nine years to life in prison in the murder that made national headlines.

Smith will next appear before the parole board in January of 2020.

Found some information about the anti-seizure medicine Eric Smith's mom took while pregnant.

https://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/trimethadione.html

Maybe the drug contributed to Eric being predisposed to sociopathy. I don't know much about the brain but maybe the Tridione prevented some parts of his brain from developing fully or being able to send and receive signals and information that have to do with empathy.

Combine that with what might have been happening in his home ( his sister alleges that their stepfather molested her,and the stepfather admits to having had a bad temper) and it might explain how he came out the way he did.

This kid garroted a cat to death when he was nine. NINE! That is VERY much old enough to know that you're causing pain and what you're doing can kill. And a garrote is not a fast way to die. Nor is it painless.

It's not like Eric got mad, squished a random frog and then would have taken it back if he could have. Eric watched that cat die and could have stopped what he was doing LONG before the cat died.

He just chose not to.

This cat belonged to his neighbor. Eric was familiar with it and probably knew it's name. And he designed a garrote and slowly choked it to death.

Four years later he moved up to killing a small child. This man should never be released. I can't imagine what he could possibly have to contribute to society anyway. There's no coming back from the dark places he carries.
    Last edited by pinkhair4me; 10-10-2018 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Adding info
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    https://medium.com/illumination/murd...y-f5f2a3733782

Parole denied for the 10th time, next parole hearing is October 2021.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    https://medium.com/illumination/murd...y-f5f2a3733782

Parole denied for the 10th time, next parole hearing is October 2021.
    Good. Hopefully it stays that way. That poor little boy must have been terrified.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Well, apparently not, this one says parole granted:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/now-41-ki...143242635.html

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

This guy will NEVER get assimilated back into society. I bet suicide by cop within 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Well, apparently not, this one says parole granted:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/now-41-ki...143242635.html
    God dammit which exceptional panel granted him parole?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    God dammit which exceptional panel granted him parole?
    The grandsons of the ones who gave Ed parole... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information