Thread: Kenneth McDuff

Kenneth McDuff

This guy killed three teens in 1966, was sentenced to death which was overturned and changed to life WITH the possibility of parole. He was paroled early due to prison overcrowding, in 1989 and went on to kill at least 5 more times. He was finally executed in 1998.

I don't understand at all how someone goes from a death sentence to life with the possibility of parole.

This is the wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_McDuff

This is an older story from before is execution but has a lot of info.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/112496/mcduff.htm

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Re: Kenneth McDuff

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23430.msg1466201#msg1466201 date=1259992158]
    This guy killed three teens in 1966, was sentenced to death which was overturned and changed to life WITH the possibility of parole. He was paroled early due to prison overcrowding, in 1989 and went on to kill at least 5 more times. He was finally executed in 1998.

I don't understand at all how someone goes from a death sentence to life with the possibility of parole.

This is the wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_McDuff

This is an older story from before is execution but has a lot of info.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/112496/mcduff.htm

[/quote]

I just read a chapter on this guy about a month ago. He's listed in a book called 'Talking With Serial Killers' by Christopher Berry-Dee. The authour discusses McDuff's crimes and IIRR they were just horrible and he did indeed get paroled.

Berry-Dee interviewed him in 1995, before his 1998 execution. He wrote that McDuff just whinged about the inadequacies of the prison system. He then offered to tell LE and the families of those he had killed who were still missing where they were buried, for a fee of $700 per body!  :2angry:

He said:
    "Now, lets talk about the money. Well, on this one, I'm like the man in the desert who struck gold, and can only carry out what he can carry.  I only need a few thousand dollars, like for burial expenses, and to maintain myself while I live. I will charge whomever, $700 per body.  Use an international money order or postal orders will do.  Have it sent to my inmate's trust fund in my name.  When the first amount clears, I'll give you and the law a body.  That way I don't get shafted, you know."
    Berry-Dee, C. (2003) Talking With Serial Killers  P 260-1

Unbelievable. 

The book is worth a read, the author interviewed a few serial killers including McDuff, Aileen Wournos, Harvey Louis Carignan and Michael Bruce Ross. Its chilling, but also pretty interesting if you want a handle on how these people think.

What a complete piece of garbage. That business with inmates whining about the conditions in prison always pisses me off. Prison isn't a playground. If you don't think you'll like it, don't break the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I live in Austin so this guy was a "big deal" down here for the longest time, especially since he was a suspect in the Yogurt Shop Murders which was another one of our most talked about murders. A bad thing about Texas prisons is that they start releasing inmates when the jails get to crowded. And these inmates are rapist and pedophilles and so on.

Thread Information