Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: James Bulger (2 yr old) murdered by two 10yr olds.

Re: James Bulger (2 yr old) murdered by two 10yr olds.

James' mother Denise has responded to Venables going back to jail.

The mother of murdered toddler James Bulger has said killer Jon Venables is "where he belongs behind bars".

In her first reaction to his return to custody, Denise Fergus also said on Twitter, "is this my [son's justice?]".
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/8546834.stm

I can't help but to think it would be best if both of them had been beaten to death. I am disgusted by the fact that they have been protected from the public after what they did. I am sorry but what they did is sick even if they were just 10. I hope that James is at peace and that his Mother can find peace as well.

R.I.P.
    James 

Here is a link to a website dedicated to James. It gives the story and pictures of him and the little bastards that killed him.  http://www.angelfire.com/vi/babyangels/

This makes me sick.

Can you say “yikes”? 23-year-old Robert Thompson is no normal 23-year-old. When he was 11, he and fellow truant Jon Venables went on a minor crime spree. The day ended in a major tragedy when they inexplicably and senselessly abucted 2-year-old James Bulger and beat him to death. These days, Thompson is a free man, living under an assumed identity in north England. He’s also something else: a dad. Reports have leaked out that Thompson has a child with his ex-girlfriend, and that he sees his offspring on a regular basis. That’s more than Denise Bulger, James’ mother, will ever get to do again.

Reading the story of the murder on Crime Library is heartbreaking. As one section notes, when the boys went back home after they committed the murder, they were both beaten by Venables’ mother for being out late. The two had perpetuated the circle of violence that had already ensnared them; they were victims as much as victimizers. It’s clear from the record that Thompson was the more calculating and cold-hearted of the duo. It’s no surprise, given the kid’s upbringing: an abusive dad who eventually left, a brutal alcoholic mother, and five brothers who tormented their younger siblings in turn. It’s clear that Robert was by nature a calm, non-aggressive – some may even say “girlish” – chil, but that being in that household warped him. His foremost crime was one he couldn’t control: he was born a Thompson. One has to wonder why the Thompson boys weren’t removed from their poisoned environs before it became too late to save them. Society abused the Thompsons as badly as Thompson and Venables abused James Bulger.

Still, as much as I believe people like Robert Thompson can change, I hope for his baby’s sake that the relevant authorities are keeping a very, very close eye on him.

WANTED JOHN VENABLES AND ROBERT THOMPSON 's  myspace: http://www.myspace.com/wanteddora

the color nine

Laurence Lee – Venables’ solicitor at his trial – said he was “shocked”.

He said: “If someone said to me that one of James Bulger’s killers had been returned to prison I’d have put a lot of money on it not being Jon, because he was by unanimous agreement the less evil of the two.”

His lawyer for this case said this.  :-o
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/03/james-bulger-killer-jon-venables-return-to-jail-revealed-after-inquiry-from-the-mirror-115875-22081375/

Anger is growing as the public want to know why he's back in jail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254956/James-Bulger-killer-Jon-Venables-returned-prison.html

Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=23429.msg1552960#msg1552960 date=1267638872]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254956/James-Bulger-killer-Jon-Venables-returned-prison.html

[/quote]

His wife has to have figured out by now who he is, I imagine. I wonder if he had told her. Will he need a new identity now if they let him go again? And will they have to give his wife one, too?

I hope they just keep him in prison forever. It's what they both deserved anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=23429.msg1552960#msg1552960 date=1267638872]

[/quote]

Jack Straw was just on the news saying that it's in the public interest for them not to release the reasons for him going back to prison :|

The BBC then interviewed members of the public asking what they thought and they were all saying that both killers should lose their right to anonymity

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=23429.msg1552940#msg1552940 date=1267637992]
    Laurence Lee – Venables’ solicitor at his trial – said he was “shocked”.

He said: “If someone said to me that one of James Bulger’s killers had been returned to prison I’d have put a lot of money on it not being Jon, because he was by unanimous agreement the less evil of the two.”

His lawyer for this case said this.  :-o
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/03/james-bulger-killer-jon-venables-return-to-jail-revealed-after-inquiry-from-the-mirror-115875-22081375/

[/quote]

I was going to say that my guess is that he got into a fight with someone who guessed who he actually is, but the "less evil of the two" quote has thrown me...I'm not sure if his lawyer was implying that he's done something that qualifies as "evil", which is surprising to him.  

I'm not going to go on about the rights/wrongs of releasing him in the first place/protecting their identities because it's been done to death.  However, if he has been accused of an offence serious enough to warrant him standing trial, I accept the need for silence until then.  I would not want any trial to be jeopardised by media guesswork, or another Baby P style internet campaign - I learned my lesson off that one.  I was forwarding the emails that disclosed their identities as much as anyone until I found out that Steven Barker was awaiting trial for raping a 2 year old.  The thought that anything I had done could jeopardise him being prosecuted for that was not a good feeling, and I will never do anything like it again.

If he's done something wrong, he'll go back to prison after a fair trial.  After that, I want to know EXACTLY what happened, why and how.  Then I want the professionals who established that he was a safe bet to be released into society to stand up and tell the public what they're going to learn from whatever happened, and how they can make sure it doesn't happen again.  It better not contain a whiff of "I thought my pioneering new treatment method for damaged kids was infallible, who knew???".  Fat chance, I know but I can live in hope.

[quote author=MsWeatherwax link=topic=23429.msg1553011#msg1553011 date=1267640714]
    I was going to say that my guess is that he got into a fight with someone who guessed who he actually is, but the "less evil of the two" quote has thrown me...I'm not sure if his lawyer was implying that he's done something that qualifies as "evil", which is surprising to him.  

I'm not going to go on about the rights/wrongs of releasing him in the first place/protecting their identities because it's been done to death.  However, if he has been accused of an offence serious enough to warrant him standing trial, I accept the need for silence until then.  I would not want any trial to be jeopardised by media guesswork, or another Baby P style internet campaign - I learned my lesson off that one.  I was forwarding the emails that disclosed their identities as much as anyone until I found out that Steven Barker was awaiting trial for raping a 2 year old.  The thought that anything I had done could jeopardise him being prosecuted for that was not a good feeling, and I will never do anything like it again.

If he's done something wrong, he'll go back to prison after a fair trial.  After that, I want to know EXACTLY what happened, why and how.  Then I want the professionals who established that he was a safe bet to be released into society to stand up and tell the public what they're going to learn from whatever happened, and how they can make sure it doesn't happen again.  It better not contain a whiff of "I thought my pioneering new treatment method for damaged kids was infallible, who knew???".  Fat chance, I know but I can live in hope.
    [/quote]

Pffft. I'm an American. I want my opportunity to try him before he gets to court.  :lol:

By saying he was the least evil of the two he meant he thought if either of the perps went back to prison it wouldn't be this one, it would be Thompson because Venables was less evil than Thompson.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=InTheNightWonderer link=topic=23429.msg1552747#msg1552747 date=1267613717]
    WANTED JOHN VENABLES AND ROBERT THOMPSON 's  myspace: http://www.myspace.com/wanteddora
    [/quote]

A comment from that myspace

dirty little rats!! how can these motherfukas have a better life then half the people on this planet for twha they done!!

i'd love to beat the fuck out ov these pair of pricks

By this guy

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23429.msg1553015#msg1553015 date=1267640961]
    Pffft. I'm an American. I want my opportunity to try him before he gets to court.  :lol:

By saying he was the least evil of the two he meant he thought if either of the perps went back to prison it wouldn't be this one, it would be Thompson because Venables was less evil than Thompson.
    [/quote]

LMAO - Americans don't have the monopoly on pre-trial trials, believe me!  We'd hang people for wearing hoodies, the suspicious, probably gun-toting, probably gang sign throwing, probably deviant little bastards.  Unless the person in the hoodie is my daughter, naturally.  Then none of what I just said makes sense. 

But, yeah...I read it like that at first, but then I probably read too much into it.  As in...by mentioning the fact that Jon was the less "evil" of the two boys, it was a shock that he had done whatever "this thing" is, thereby implying that whatever "this thing" is, is evil. 

I know what I'm trying to say but am also aware I'm doing a fuck-awful job of it.  It's been a looooooooooong day, lol.  Where's the melted brain emoticon when I need it? 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255274/James-Bulger-killer-Jon-Venables-sent-jail-drugs-workplace-brawl.html

One of James Bulger's killers was allegedly returned to prison after 'flipping' and grappling with a colleague at his minimum-wage job, it was revealed today.
    Sources told how Jon Venables, now 27, had been using ecstasy and cocaine since 2001 and had a violent temper.
    The claims will fuel demands for the Government to break its silence and officially reveal why he is back behind bars.
    The Bulger family are furious at the stubborn refusal to do so and have condemned ministers for putting the human rights of the murderer ahead of their own.
    Father Ralph branded the decision a 'disgrace' and said: 'It is one more kick in the teeth for James and his family.'

Last night, it was claimed the 27-year-old had been recalled after attacking a work colleague.
    Distraught: Denise Fergus, Jamie Bulger's mother, in Liverpool yesterday
    A source told the Daily Mirror that the pair grappled before others intervened and pulled them apart.
    His alleged victim is said to have made an official complaint about the attack which led to Venables's suspension from his job.
    And it was alleged that in December 2008 Venables was arrested by police after being seen taking cocaine in an alleyway with another man. It was claimed he was later let off with a caution.
    The Ministry of Justice refused to comment on the claims today.
    Gordon Brown, when pressed this morning, said he understood the public 'outrage' but insisted it was right not to lay bare the details of the recall.
    'What we are talking about is a totally abhorrent crime that happened some years ago but that still, rightly so, disgusts and offends the British people and I can rightly understand the public outrage, even after so many years,' the Prime Minister said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255274/James-Bulger-killer-Jon-Venables-sent-jail-drugs-workplace-brawl.html#ixzz0hCaF7JnJ
    Eight years of pampering, then a new life By MICHAEL SEAMARK

At the time, the decision by Jon Venables and Robert Thompson to remain voluntarily in secure children's units for an extra six months after their release order was interpreted as a fear of freedom.

But given what they were leaving behind, who would blame them for their reluctance to leave?

During their eight years of detention, they lived a life of comfort and expensive rehabilitation, cookery lessons and trips to watch Manchester United.

Coming from broken homes and dysfunctional families, they enjoyed an education far better than most of their contemporaries.

Many, not least James's family, were furious that Venables and Thompson were freed without ever spending a day in an adult prison for the shocking murder.

Draconian legal injunctions giving them anonymity for life were put in place when the pair were released in 2001.

THE £5.5M BILL
    The Bulger case is already estimated to have cost the taxpayer £5.5million. Here is the breakdown:

Police investigation: £500,000

Murder trial (prosecution and defence costs): £1million

Time killers spent in custody in secure units: £2.5million

Setting up and maintaining new identities for Venables, Thompson and families: £1.5million

Each was given a new identity, backed up passport, birth certificate, National Insurance documents and NHS records. Bank accounts and credit cards were set up under their new names.

They were coached in their cover stories and given elocution lessons to lose their Liverpool accents.

Years of preparation had gone into the boys' release, with personal tutors mentoring Venables during his stay at Red Banks Children's Home, a former approved school at Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, only 13 miles from the Bulger family home at Kirkby.

Thompson was nine miles further towards Manchester, at Barton Moss, near Eccles.

While serving his sentence, he began letters to friends: 'It's Bobby here, live from the five-star Hotel Barton Moss.'

He had his own room  -  with TV and Playstation  -  in the modern, 20-bed complex, with the use of a garden, gym, games room and computer room.

Thompson, who developed an interest in textiles and design, won praise for a beaded wedding dress he made, as well as a tapestry of a lion's head which hung in the foyer.

He passed five GCSEs and took A-levels, was taken on supervised days out to shopping centres, the Lake District and the theatre at Stratford-upon-Avon to get him used to the public.

For Venables, life at Red Bank  -  once home to child killer Mary Bell  -  was even cushier. His regime included a bigger and better room than other inmates  -  decorated with Manchester United wallpaper and complete with computer, games and a TV.

He could ride scramble motorbikes in the school grounds, enjoyed regular family visits and took trips to Wales and a swimming pool in nearby Wigan.

Every month £25 was put into his account for clothes, £6 for toiletries and £4 for a haircut. For each birthday he received £30 and for Christmas £40, rising to £60 once he was 16.

Before his release he was taken with his father to Old Trafford to watch Manchester United play  -  ostensibly to get him used to being in large crowds and try to reduce his fear of being recognised and attacked.

Since their release, the legal injunctions mean the public know little about the lifestyles of either Venables or Thompson.

When not working, both are entitled to benefits to ensure neither drifts back into crime.

Both see probation officers at least four times a year and officers are on call 24 hours a day in case either needs help or advice.

In 2003, both were reportedly treated to a holiday at taxpayers' expense to keep them safe on the tenth anniversary of the toddler's horrific death.

But Venables's attitude was so bad that frustrated police minders threw him across the bonnet of a car  -  and threatened to leave him chained to a lamp-post in Liverpool to teach him a lesson.

In 2005 there were reports that Thompson was addicted to heroin and was being prescribed the substitute methadone to wean him off his habit.

The following year, the Daily Mail revealed that he was gay and had been given permission by his probation service 'minders' to live with his homosexual lover, who was aware of his past.

In 2007 unconfirmed reports suggested Venables was to marry a pretty office worker he started dating two years earlier.

He was taken to hospital for emergency surgery after violence flared in the street when a man tried to chat up his girlfriend.

In another, unprovoked attack, he was seriously injured and reportedly went to a hospital on Merseyside for treatment  -  although he is banned from returning to the scene of his crime without permission.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255274/James-Bulger-killer-Jon-Venables-sent-jail-drugs-workplace-brawl.html#ixzz0hCamWZWq
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

Yeah i just heard that it was because of fighting from a friend who is gov at a few jails.
    There was some insane rumours for a while like he is Antony Marsh, the guy who killed his gf and baby last week (i actually think there would be riots in the streets if this was true because this is a case Britain will never forget and get over the fact they were let out) and that he had joined Army and was about to be sent to war when it came out who he was. Both are bullshit but interesting none the less.

I wouldn't want to be a late 20's liverpool male going into the jail system right now...

He'll be put in area by himself, i hear the bounty on his head is huge, even bigger than Huntleys. I hope they lock him away forever and let him rot.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=23429.msg1553972#msg1553972 date=1267709789]
    Yeah i just heard that it was because of fighting from a friend who is gov at a few jails.
    There was some insane rumours for a while like he is Antony Marsh, the guy who killed his gf and baby last week (i actually think there would be riots in the streets if this was true because this is a case Britain will never forget and get over the fact they were let out) and that he had joined Army and was about to be sent to war when it came out who he was. Both are bullshit but interesting none the less.

I wouldn't want to be a late 20's liverpool male going into the jail system right now...

He'll be put in area by himself, i hear the bounty on his head is huge, even bigger than Huntleys. I hope they lock him away forever and let him rot.
    [/quote]

He'll get top solitary treatment just like Huntley for his own protection.  When Huntley first went to prison one of my friends worked on the healthcare wing he was in.  One of her roles was to sit outside his cell as he was on 24 hour watch.  She said he was one of the nicest people she's ever met and that she had to keep reminding herself of what he had done.  The whole thing really screwed with her head.

All the articles I've read today about Venables just seems to prove that he should never have been released and was a time bomb waiting to go off

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=23429.msg1554098#msg1554098 date=1267720168]
    He'll get top solitary treatment just like Huntley for his own protection.  When Huntley first went to prison one of my friends worked on the healthcare wing he was in.  One of her roles was to sit outside his cell as he was on 24 hour watch.  She said he was one of the nicest people she's ever met and that she had to keep reminding herself of what he had done.  The whole thing really screwed with her head.

All the articles I've read today about Venables just seems to prove that he should never have been released and was a time bomb waiting to go off
    [/quote]

That must be really hard too deal with, i'm the only close family member not too work in a jail and i don't think i could do it. You can't treat them like monsters but what Huntley did you can't treat them like a nice human with out feeling a little bit repulsed.

I wonder how Robert Thompson is feeling right now... watching his back i reckon and laying low. Where these articles on the internet? I would like to read them.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=23429.msg1554128#msg1554128 date=1267720728]
    That must be really hard too deal with, i'm the only close family member not too work in a jail and i don't think i could do it. You can't treat them like monsters but what Huntley did you can't treat them like a nice human with out feeling a little bit repulsed.

I wonder how Robert Thompson is feeling right now... watching his back i reckon and laying low. Where these articles on the internet? I would like to read them.
    [/quote]

She said he's really charming and very quiet.  It was weeks before he actually spoke to her. 

I can't remember which ones I was reading.  I've looked at loads today :lol:  They all just seemed to be saying that Venables has a violent temper, a serious drug habit and has been in trouble before. 

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=23429.msg1554144#msg1554144 date=1267721503]
    She said he's really charming and very quiet.  It was weeks before he actually spoke to her. 

I can't remember which ones I was reading.  I've looked at loads today :lol:  They all just seemed to be saying that Venables has a violent temper, a serious drug habit and has been in trouble before. 
    [/quote]

I've read those too Rach. About the temper and coke use. Feelings are running high in Merseyside, and it was being discussed on This Morning.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

Why has he only just gone back to jail then? For one he should never have been let out but its seems like he should of been back behind bars years ago. Sickening.

I know people down south are pretty pissed off so i can't imagine how the feelings are up there. I'm surprised its not really on the news today.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=23429.msg1554158#msg1554158 date=1267722106]
    Why has he only just gone back to jail then? For one he should never have been let out but its seems like he should of been back behind bars years ago. Sickening.

I know people down south are pretty pissed off so i can't imagine how the feelings are up there. I'm surprised its not really on the news today.

[/quote]

No idea.  I bet Robert Thompson is lying low like you said.  Whoever got into the fight with Venables is unlikely to know who they were fighting with but it's not rocket science.  Someone is sure to blab to the tabloids soon about the fight they got in at work

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=23429.msg1554161#msg1554161 date=1267722354]
    No idea.  I bet Robert Thompson is lying low like you said.  Whoever got into the fight with Venables is unlikely to know who they were fighting with but it's not rocket science.  Someone is sure to blab to the tabloids soon about the fight they got in at work
    [/quote]

Oh i'm sure most papers and media outlets know who he is now but can't print anything. Like little Rhys Jones' killer. Everyone in the area knew who he was and sprayed his name up around the city but fuck all could be reported on. It'll come out on the net somewhere.. family member of someone who worked with him or something. And baby P's killers.

Sometimes i feel this country gives more of a shit about the killers human rights than the victim.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=23429.msg1554168#msg1554168 date=1267722783]
    Oh i'm sure most papers and media outlets know who he is now but can't print anything. Like little Rhys Jones' killer. Everyone in the area knew who he was and sprayed his name up around the city but fuck all could be reported on. It'll come out on the net somewhere.. family member of someone who worked with him or something. And baby P's killers.

Sometimes i feel this country gives more of a shit about the killers human rights than the victim.
    [/quote]

I totally forgot they can't print anything but like you say, it'll come out on the internet.

I can understand that they were only 10 years old so shouldn't have been treated by adults but I don't see where they were actually punished for what they did.  The homes they were put in have better facilities than the tiny one room I live in and I haven't killed anyone.  When were they taught that what they did was wrong??

I was talking with a friend earlier that the people in his close circle must know who he is. I couldn't imagine being able to keep my mouth shut if I knew him.
    The crime was too heinous for words.
    I'm sure I remember reading a transcript of the police interviews ages ago. Or maybe it was a snippet. I'd be interested to re-read it now.

I think it'll come out Rach, like Baby P's abusers names. 

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=23429.msg1554180#msg1554180 date=1267723513]
    I was talking with a friend earlier that the people in his close circle must know who he is. I couldn't imagine being able to keep my mouth shut if I knew him.
    The crime was too heinous for words.
    I'm sure I remember reading a transcript of the police interviews ages ago. Or maybe it was a snippet. I'd be interested to re-read it now.

I think it'll come out Rach, like Baby P's abusers names. 
    [/quote]

I read somewhere that only a few people know their real identities.  They are advised not to tell anyone who they are for their own safety.  Their parents, etc must know surely but those are the people who aren't going to be wanting to rat them out.

Thread Information