Thread: John E. Robinson, Sr: The First Internet Serial Killer

John E. Robinson, Sr: The First Internet Serial Killer

Fascinating.  I read a book about him a few years ago called "Anyone You Want Me To Be: A True Story of Sex and Death on the Internet" by John Douglas. 

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/john_robinson/index.html
    In the end, picking the wrong sex partner brought the downfall of John E. Robinson, Sr., and exposed one of the most bizarre and lengthy homicidal careers in American criminal history.

The Midwestern serial killer, whose brutal treatment of his sometimes willing victims stands in stark contrast to his benign, fleshy appearance, sits on death row in Kansas facing execution for two murders (and a life sentence for a third). The 59-year-old grandfather also admitted to five slayings in Missouri, which accepted the guilty pleas in return for taking a pass on the chance to execute him.
    The story continues on that site if you'd like to read it.  If you ever want to borrow my book, let me know.

Re: John E. Robinson, Sr: The First Internet Serial Killer

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=23409.msg1465136#msg1465136 date=1259899481]
    Fascinating.  I read a book about him a few years ago called "Anyone You Want Me To Be: A True Story of Sex and Death on the Internet" by John Douglas. 

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/john_robinson/index.html
    The story continues on that site if you'd like to read it.  If you ever want to borrow my book, let me know.

[/quote]
    I LOVE his books!!!
    Man knows his profiling shit, no lie.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=Monter link=topic=23409.msg1465137#msg1465137 date=1259899649]
    I LOVE his books!!!
    Man knows his profiling shit, no lie.
    [/quote]

Yeah, the book really kept me interested, even through more technical shit. 

That is a brilliant link, I got lost in that story and then started on more - thank you.   

This dude - what a shark, he must have really known how to talk to women.  I just wonder what the missus thought when it all came out.  To spend over thirty years with someone like that and say she stayed for the children - he can't have been that great a dad! 
    When you go in search of honey you must expect to be stung by bees.

Yeah I read that book too. That whole BDSM world is a trip.

Thread Information