Thread: Stacy Michelle Rabon (50) sentenced to life in prison for 1992 murder of her newborn daughter

Stacy Michelle Rabon (50) sentenced to life in prison for 1992 murder of her newborn daughter

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stacy-r...-cracked-case/

A 50-year-old woman was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison for killing her newborn daughter, whose stabbed body was found in a plastic bag in a South Carolina river in 1992.

A York County jury convicted Stacy Michelle Rabon of homicide by child abuse earlier this month. She was charged with her baby's death two years ago when her DNA sample taken in a 2019 drug arrest matched the DNA from the infant.

Rabon will be eligible for parole starting in 2031 because she was sentenced under the law in 1992 which allowed for shorter sentences for serious convictions.
    Mother Sentenced

Rabon told investigators she delivered the baby in a van by the Catawba River near Rock Hill, but then gave it up to a couple because she didn't want to keep her and never saw the child again.

Prosecutors said she made up that story after she was arrested. They said the infant was found wrapped in sheets inside a plastic bag in the river in August 1992 and was stabbed at least 50 times.

A coroner determined that death was the result of suffocation, and not drowning or the stabbings, CBS affiliate WBTV reported.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It is good she is finally being held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    It is good she is finally being held accountable.
    Familial DNA is causing a huge reckoning for all these crimes committed in the past that the perpetrators thought were behind them.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Familial DNA is causing a huge reckoning for all these crimes committed in the past that the perpetrators thought were behind them.
    I know!!! I love it.

Thread Information