Thread: BTK Killer - Dennis Rader

BTK Killer - Dennis Rader

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

Dennis Lynn Rader (born March 9, 1945) is an American serial killer who murdered 10 people in Sedgwick County (in and around Wichita, Kansas), between 1974 and 1991. He was known as the BTK killer (or the BTK strangler), which stands for "bind, torture and kill" and describes his modus operandi. He sent boastful letters describing the details of the killings to police and to local news outlets during the period of time in which the murders took place. After a long hiatus in the 1990s, he resumed sending letters in 2004, leading to his 2005 arrest and subsequent conviction.

The idiot probably would have gotten away with it if not for his ego and subsequent boredom.  No one heard from him for over 10 years and he started sending his letters again (guess no one was paying attention to him anymore).  He was caught within a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Re: BTK Killer - Dennis Rader

This guy creeps me out big time!

Evil BTK serial killer who tortured women before murdering them says he is working on book to HELP victim's families
    Dennis Rader, 69, is collaborating with professor on study of his mind
    He said it is to help raise funds for the families of his 10 murder victims
    Earned the name BTK because he bound, tortured and killed them
    Rader is serving 10 life sentences for 10 murders between 1974 and 1991
    Says in handwritten letter that people need to understand people like him
    He will not profit from the project due to settlement he made with families

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3FMFSDN5e
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The BTK serial killer is helping to write a book about his heinous crimes because he believes people need to know how a criminal mind works.
    Dennis Rader, 69, is currently serving 10 consecutive life sentences for 10 murders in Wichita, Kansas, between 1974 and 1991.
    He earned the moniker BTK killer as details emerged that he consistently 'bound', 'tortured', then 'killed' his victims - none of which his wife knew about until he was charged.

Now, the father-of-two and former church leader has vowed to claims he plans to help the families monetarily by assisting a University of Pennsylvania professor on a book studying his mind.
    In a handwritten open letter from his cell in El Dorado Correctional Facility, Kansas, Rader revealed the news.

'The main reason for the book idea, is to help the VF's (Victims Fund) monetarily wise; something I had hoped for years, to help them and in a way to pay my debt to them,' Rader wrote, according to Kansas News.
    'I can never replace their love ones, my deeds too 'dark' to understand, the book or movies, etc. is the only way to help them.
    'I mean to burn no bridges and hope some day to open up.
    'People like me, need to be under stood, so the criminal professional field, can better under stand, the criminal mind. That would be my way helping debt to society.'
    He adds that he cannot say very much because he is barred from making or fueling profits from his crimes, but he knows the book is 'close to a deal'.

Following his arrest, several of the victims' relatives sued Rader, and secured a settlement that agreed he can never profit from his crimes or coverage of them.
    The non-fiction book will not be sensationalist, author Katherine Ramsland insists, and Rader will not profit from it.
    'I'm trying to make this a serious effort that will have some benefit for people who study this kind of crime,' she said.
    That work involved correspondence with Rader, she explained.
    His words come after his daughter broke the family's nine-year silence to condemn a film by Stephen King allegedly inspired by Rader's secrets, as his wife never knew about the murders.
    Kerri Rawson, has said King is 'exploiting' the people her father killed and her own family with his new film, A Good Marriage.

The movie, which hit theaters on October 3, is about a woman who is unaware her husband is a serial killer.
    It is based on a short story the author wrote in 2010, which he then adapted for the screen.
    While promoting the film, King has said on programs like The View that he was inspired by the BTK killer when he came up with the idea for the story, about a man whose own family was unaware of the horrible atrocities he had committed.
    Rawson, 36, and her family were also unaware her father was a killer.
    'He’s exploiting my father’s 10 victims and their families,' Rawson told the The Kansas City Star.
    She then said of her father, 'He is not worth all the books and the news stories and all the attention.'
    Rader responded in his letter: 'I'm sorry my daughter is upset, I would be too.'
    He added that his wife Paula did not know about the crimes, adding: 'The family knew nothing about my ‘Dark Deeds.’ I carried that secret until the day I was arrested.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3FMFnhcv8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This shows 8 of his victims

I dunno, this guy is such a sadist. I think he is going to use this in a way to further stick it to the families of the victims.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I dunno, this guy is such a sadist. I think he is going to use this in a way to further stick it to the families of the victims.
    He scares the hell out of me.

And no way is he really worried about helping the families, or paying them back, or helping society in general. He is a sociopath with no empathy who wants more attention. "Study MY brain. Write about ME. People need to know how MY brain works."

If I were a family member, I would not take a penny from this.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Is it wrong that I kind of want to read it? I'd totally want to read about how his twisted mind works. I'm also gonna watch the movie A Good Marriage too.

Not to say that this guy doesn't scare the hell out of me too, because he does. Anyone that can go about their family life so well, while being a serial killer, that they have no idea...that is downright scary.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I think he is going to be extremely detailed about the last moments of his victim's lives. This will be very hurtful to the families knowing how horribly their loved ones suffered. He will be able to get his ya yas all over again from retelling everything.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Is it wrong that I kind of want to read it? I'd totally want to read about how his twisted mind works.
    No. Even though I know it's just a bid for attention and he's probably going to lie a lot, I'm curious about it as well.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I think he is going to be extremely detailed about the last moments of his victim's lives. This will be very hurtful to the families knowing how horribly their loved ones suffered. He will be able to get his ya yas all over again from retelling everything.
    I do agree with this. I think a lot of serial killers get their rocks off at retelling the dirty details. It's gross. I just love true crime books.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    No. Even though I know it's just a bid for attention and he's probably going to lie a lot, I'm curious about it as well.
    You are probably right about that! My curiosity gets the best of me...I will probably end up reading it.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/11/btk-s...ersons-kinney/

The BTK serial killer is back on police radar ...but this time we're told it's to see if he has any connection to the disappearance of an Oklahoma teenager back in 1976.
    Rader said the Osage County cops wanted to know if he was involved in the disappearance of 16-year-old Cynthia Dawn Kinney in Pawhuska, Oklahoma, on June 23, 1976. Kinney was reportedly last seen leaving Osage Laundromat and getting into a beige 1965 Plymouth Belvedere with two people under suspicious circumstances. No one has been arrested.
    My guess is no. He liked the publicity at the end and I think he has copped to all of the ones he did.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/11/btk-s...ersons-kinney/

My guess is no. He liked the publicity at the end and I think he has copped to all of the ones he did.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Unless he forgot about it because there were so many, however that's unlikely because it would have been one of his first kills and they tend to relive those ones for nostalgia reasons. He might take credit just for funsies though so I wouldn't trust him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Totally agree, RBW and Boston. He is too much of a narcissist and would have divulged if there were other victims.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

She's amazing. These families need answers and she realizes that so she is basically subjecting herself to being in the same room with her Father when she really shouldn't have to be in order to bring them that closure. I couldn't imagine having a father that was responsible for so much terror and tragedy of innocents. She is a perfect example of why people shouldn't shift blame on to families of serial killers. Unless they were directly responsible for cultivating them ie abusive parents etc.

I happened to see this so I'm sure it's connected to what his Daughter was talking about:

BTK killer's Kansas home searched in connection to unsolved missing persons and murder cases

Oklahoma authorities have named Dennis Rader, also known as the "BTK" serial killer, as the prime suspect in multiple unsolved missing persons and murder cases ? and on Wednesday, police officers searched his former residence to collect new evidence.

The Osage County Sheriff's Office announced in a news release that investigators conducted a search at Rader's former Park City, Kansas, home to collect evidence in connection with the case of Cynthia Dawn Kinney, who went missing in Pawhuska, Oklahoma, in 1976.

Ongoing investigations uncovered potential connections between Rader and other missing persons cases and unsolved murders in the Kansas and Missouri areas, authorities said.

During the search, officials recovered multiple items of interest, which will undergo examination to determine if they are relevant to the ongoing investigations, according to authorities.

"At this stage, Dennis Rader is considered a prime suspect in these unsolved cases, including the Cynthia Dawn Kinney case from Pawhuska," authorities said.

Rader terrorized Witchita, Kansas, beginning in the mid-1970s during a 17-year crime spree in which he was linked to 10 murders.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/btk-kil...-murder-cases/

It has never made sense to me that he'd just STOP. I think there are lots more victims out there.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    It has never made sense to me that he'd just STOP. I think there are lots more victims out there.
    Completely agree.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...-more-murders/

Now Rader’s own decades-old journal writings have come back to haunt him in long-unsolved Oklahoma and Missouri murders, both of which occurred within the time period of 1974 to 1991, when BTK is known to have killed a majority of victims by strangulation.

Cynthia Kinney

When 16-year-old cheerleader Cynthia Dawn Kinney vanished from a laundromat in Pawushka, Oklahoma, without a trace on June 23, 1976, Osage County authorities put out a reward for assistance in finding the 5’1″, 100-pound brunette who went by “Cindy.”

To this day, Kinney’s remains have not been found, but the Osage County Sheriff’s Office led by Sheriff Eddie Virden announced a major development Wednesday directly linking Rader to the case.

Virden said his investigators searched Rader’s former Park City home and recovered “items of interest” — like “personal effects” — which “will undergo a thorough examination to determine their potential relevance” to ongoing investigations in Oklahoma and Missouri.
    Shawna Beth Garber

Polaroid photos already in the original BTK journal file showed a red blanket that appeared to belong to Shawna Beth Garber, a 22-year-old woman murdered in 1990 and known only as “Grace Doe” until DNA technological advancements led investigators to her half-sister in 2021.
    https://toofab.com/2023/08/29/btk-ki...a-dawn-kinney/
    Sheriffs Release BTK Journal Entry Linking Serial Killer to Cold Case of Missing Teen

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/btk-s...b0fcbba8995e33
    How The BTK Serial Killer’s Own Writings Led Authorities To More Potential Victims

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...-more-murders/

https://toofab.com/2023/08/29/btk-ki...a-dawn-kinney/
    Sheriffs Release BTK Journal Entry Linking Serial Killer to Cold Case of Missing Teen

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/btk-s...b0fcbba8995e33
    How The BTK Serial Killer’s Own Writings Led Authorities To More Potential Victims
    There could be SO many if it turns out that he didn't fess up to all of his killings. I'm hoping that the families finally get some answers.

From Saturday:
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/02/us/bt...ion/index.html

Law enforcement seeks help to identify barns in BTK serial killer cold case investigations

Today's update:
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/04/us/bt...ion/index.html

A woman depicted in a drawing by the BTK serial killer has possibly been identified, sheriff says

From Saturday:
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/02/us/bt...ion/index.html

Law enforcement seeks help to identify barns in BTK serial killer cold case investigations

Today's update:
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/04/us/bt...ion/index.html

A woman depicted in a drawing by the BTK serial killer has possibly been identified, sheriff says
    Wow. That drawing is seriously creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Wow. That drawing is seriously creepy.
    I know.

I really thought since he wanted all of the attention that he had copped to all of the murders he committed, but it looks like he kept some secrets for his own enjoyment. I admire that his daughter is trying to get more info out of him and help LE and the families of missing people. I feel like he's just so fucking pleased with himself, and that makes me want to rage.

I know.

I really thought since he wanted all of the attention that he had copped to all of the murders he committed, but it looks like he kept some secrets for his own enjoyment. I admire that his daughter is trying to get more info out of him and help LE and the families of missing people. I feel like he's just so fucking pleased with himself, and that makes me want to rage.
    His daughter is absolutely amazing for all she has done and is still doing. I cannot imagine how difficult it has been for her, but she continues to push towards identifying more of his victims.

I know.

This is exactly where my thoughts were. It's infuriating to think that he held back, but he was all about control so I guess it makes sense to only fess up to some of the murders and keep others to himself. What a FUCKING asshole.

Those drawings are the shit of nightmares.

Thread Information