Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Helter Skelter: Charles Manson and the Manson murders

You know supposedly she was called squeaky because she would make squeaking noises like a chipmunk in bed.
    Last edited by puke; 01-16-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Sorry, but my youngest kid just showed me this & I have nowhere else to post it

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Sorry, but my youngest kid just showed me this & I have nowhere else to post it

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

It's terrible. Hopefully Governor Brown blocks this. Susan Atkins didn't even actively participate in the murders, had 6 months to live and wasn't granted parole.

Just merged the 'Helter Skelter' thread from 2009 with the 'Manson has been Hospitalized' thread from January 2017.

Looks like our buddy has limited time left on this planet.

Charles Manson reportedly clinging to life in California hospital

Charles Manson was rushed out of prison to a California hospital, where he’s clinging to life, according to reports Wednesday night.

The 83-year-old Manson normally makes his home inside the walls of Corcoran State Prison but he was taken to a Bakersfield hospital earlier this week, sources told TMZ.

He’s surrounded by five uniformed officers as he’s wheeled on a gurney from treatment to treatment, the celebrity website reported.

“It’s not going to get any better for him,” a source said. “It’s just a matter of time (until he finally dies).”

A rep for the state Department of Corrections declined comment.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Just merged the 'Helter Skelter' thread from 2009 with the 'Manson has been Hospitalized' thread from January 2017.

Looks like our buddy has limited time left on this planet.

Charles Manson reportedly clinging to life in California hospital

Charles Manson was rushed out of prison to a California hospital, where he’s clinging to life, according to reports Wednesday night.

The 83-year-old Manson normally makes his home inside the walls of Corcoran State Prison but he was taken to a Bakersfield hospital earlier this week, sources told TMZ.

He’s surrounded by five uniformed officers as he’s wheeled on a gurney from treatment to treatment, the celebrity website reported.

“It’s not going to get any better for him,” a source said. “It’s just a matter of time (until he finally dies).”

A rep for the state Department of Corrections declined comment.
    Hopefully you'll be soon merging it with his death thread from 2017 tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

ATWA lives on

My favorite song.SLIPPYS UNITE

Is redemption possible for Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten?

https://abc7.com/is-redemption-possi...uten-/5330632/

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten has been granted parole three different times by the state parole board.

But all three times California's governor has blocked it.

The third denial just came down from Gov. Gavin Newsom.

Former Gov. Jerry Brown denied her parole twice.

Leslie Van Houten is not getting out of prison, but should she?

How do you reconcile committing an act so vile, your name is synonymous with evil?

Do you deserve to once again taste freedom?

Two legendary reporters, with two very different experiences, give their perspectives.

It was 50 years ago this summer when a series of unsolved murders terrified LA.

They were so heinous the city lived in fear for months.

When we finally met Charles Manson, the man responsible, he coldly enjoyed the attention.

His followers who carried out his brutal orders to kill arrogantly made a spectacle of themselves each day of the trial.

It was a frightening circus.

"It was something that no one else could experience who hadn't been there," said journalist Linda Deutsch. "It was so life-altering in many ways because you saw a side of humanity that you didn't think existed."

Deutsch is a legendary reporter who retired from a long career with the Associated Press.

The Charles Manson trial was her first big assignment.

She recalls when the murders happened in August 1969.

People suddenly started to lock their doors and fear what was outside.

That "Summer of Love" died a very fast death.

She said, "There was no more 'let the sunshine in'. It was now horror and violence and killing."

Deutsch went on to become one of the most respected journalists in Los Angeles history.

By the end of her long career, the Manson trial was one of many huge stories she had covered.

But then, something spectacularly unexpected happened.

"A couple of years ago, I retired," Deutsch said. "And I got a call from Leslie's lawyer. And she asked if Leslie could write me a letter. And I said, of course."

"Leslie" was Leslie Van Houten, one of Manson's infamous murderers. During the trial, the 19-year-old's wholesome, attractive looks were a contradiction to the horrible acts she committed, admitting to stabbing Rosemary La Bianca 14 times.

Five decades later, the Leslie that Linda would come to know was very different.

Deutsch says Van Houten wrote her a letter thanking her for being fair to her all these years.

She goes on to say that Van Houten wrote: "I cannot tell you how pleased I am that you are comfortable hearing from me."

Reading from a letter, Deutsch quotes Van Houten: "You are perhaps one of the few people who have seen me at my worst and have been present at many of my most difficult moments."

Deutsch said, "She said that the coverage I had given her was not always something she liked. She said it often stung. But she said it should. She said, 'I had to face what I had done.'"

The letter would open the door for Linda to visit Leslie in prison.

"Each time out the visits have gotten longer. It's been always like three to four hours because we have so much to talk about," Deutsch said.

"And it's not just the killings and the trial. But also about how she has been transformed in the years since."

Deutsch goes onto describe Van Houten's life in prison.

"She got a bachelor's degree. She got a master's degree in prison. She wrote an incredible master's thesis, which I have read. And she took courses in counseling, so she could help other women who were in the same situation she was."

Now that Linda Deutsch has gotten to know Van Houten, she believes she should be paroled. She feels like she's served her time.

"She said to me once: 'You know I could not have lived if I did not pay for what I did.' But she said 'But I never thought that I would have to pay for this long.' It's very long. It's beyond anything that anyone has ever had to serve for murder. Any woman," Deutsch said.

There is of course, the other compelling side of the argument.

I sat down with Al Wiman, another legendary journalist who worked for Eyewitness News at the time of the Manson murders and was one of the first on the scene.

In fact, he helped solve the case by finding a key piece of evidence: the bloody clothes.

Fifty years later, what refuses to leave his mind is the shocking savagery.

"One of the defense attorneys, when he saw the pictures of the murders had to go to the restroom and throw up. I don't forget the brutality of it," Wiman said.

"And I don't get how any human being who is involved in this can just say 'I'm changed now.'"

Redemption. Should it always be attainable? Or are there special cases where it should be left out of reach?

What is undeniable is that Charles Manson and his followers changed LA forever.

Is a lifetime enough to forgive that?

"Manson is remembered for many reasons but one of them is that he changed the culture," Deutsch said.

"What was beautiful and young and innocent had been wiped out by something so vicious and gross and horrible and with no reason."

In Gov. Newsom's denial, he said he was "concerned about her role in these killings and her potential for future violence."

In the meantime, Van Houten and fellow Manson family member Patricia Krenwinkel are two of the longest-serving women in the California prison system.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I know I am going to be in the minority on this one, but I think it is good she is released. She has served 53 years longer than most who murder. Yep, I said it and am willing to stand behind that statement.

Manson family killer Leslie Van Houten, 73, is released from prison after serving 53 years of a life sentence

Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten walked out of a California prison Tuesday after serving 53 years of a life sentence for her participation in the infamous murders.

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said Van Houten 'was released to parole supervision.'

Her release comes days after Gov. Gavin Newsom announced he would not fight a state appeals court ruling that Van Houten should be granted parole.

Houten, now in her 70s, received a life sentence for helping Manson?s followers carry out the 1969 killings of Leno LaBianca, a grocer in Los Angeles, and his wife, Rosemary.

She was released from prison in the early morning hours and driven to transitional housing, her attorney Nancy Tetreault said.
    Full story here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I know I am going to be in the minority on this one, but I think it is good she is released. She has served 53 years longer than most who murder. Yep, I said it and am willing to stand behind that statement.

Normally I'm pretty harsh in the way I feel about convicted murderers, but in this case I'm good with this for some reason. She was brainwashed and manipulated - and while that doesn't excuse her or make her innocent, I'm willing to give her a chance to have some sort of like with what she has left of hers.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

I agree, 53 years is a long time. We see killers get 25 years or less.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Normally I'm pretty harsh in the way I feel about convicted murderers, but in this case I'm good with this for some reason. She was brainwashed and manipulated - and while that doesn't excuse her or make her innocent, I'm willing to give her a chance to have some sort of life with the time she has left.

I'm in agreement w/ you on this one
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I think on Orange is The New Black it was called Compassionate Release when they let the sick nun out of jail. I wonder if its a real thing and the case here?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

No, I agree. If she wasn't involved with the name Charlie Manson she would've been out already.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    No, I agree. If she wasn't involved with the name Charlie Manson she would've been out already.
    This is exactly it right here. And you should see all of the posts from people claiming that she is a monster for what she did to Sharon Tate. Except she wasn't there during Tate's murder. Maybe people should actually be educated on her involvement in the crime before claiming that she shouldn't be released.

She was 19 years old, being groomed and controlled by a maniac and has spent her entire life since in jail. She's earned two degrees, done charity work and has been a model prisoner in that time. She's paid her debt to humanity in my honest opinion and should be let go.

Meanwhile, where is the outrage for rapists being let out in months if not never even getting time in jail? That rich fucker Brock whatshisface is a million times more dangerous than Leslie.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This is exactly it right here. And you should see all of the posts from people claiming that she is a monster for what she did to Sharon Tate. Except she wasn't there during Tate's murder. Maybe people should actually be educated on her involvement in the crime before claiming that she shouldn't be released.

She was 19 years old, being groomed and controlled by a maniac and has spent her entire life since in jail. She's earned two degrees, done charity work and has been a model prisoner in that time. She's paid her debt to humanity in my honest opinion and should be let go.

Meanwhile, where is the outrage for rapists being let out in months if not never even getting time in jail? That rich fucker Brock whatshisface is a million times more dangerous than Leslie.
    Yes. This.

That Brock asshole wasn't really even held accountable for what he did. She's served 50 years. Let her out and lock him up in her place.

Exactly!!

Well said.

Gee whiz.

This poor woman is just going to get hounded to death. She's not out of prison. She just switched up the scenery.

It's all for getting attention and they'll just drum up faux outrage from everyone that just wants on the bandwagon. The issue is there are nutcases out there.

I give her about a year before someone offs her because they think she killed Sharon.

This poor woman is just going to get hounded to death. She's not out of prison. She just switched up the scenery.

It's all for getting attention and they'll just drum up faux outrage from everyone that just wants on the bandwagon. The issue is there are nutcases out there.

I give her about a year before someone offs her because they think she killed Sharon.
    Yeah, they really need to make sure she is protected. Though I doubt the CA legal system is going to provide her any sort of protection. It's like they just pushed her out to the wolves.

Thread Information