Thread: John List: murdering a family is so much easier than divorce

John List: murdering a family is so much easier than divorce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_List

Basically, John List murdered his mother and his entire family over the course of a day. He was a weirdo and they lived in this huge Victorian mansion, and after killing them he dragged their bodies to the ballroom and laid them out.

No one knew why exactly he did it, although he was very religious and said he didn't commit suicide at the time because he wanted to be able to get to heaven and rejoin his family. He was in financial straights and the reason for their huge house was presumably his wife's money, from what I recall. He actually went so far as to pick his son up from a soccer game in order to take him home and shoot him

He'd already alerted the school that he was pulling the kids out for a family vacation, and canceled their mail, so it was quite a while before they found the bodies.

He was wanted for seventeen years before New Jersey police asked America's Most Wanted to air his story. He was spotted living with a new family in Arizona and arrested, finally sentenced for his crimes. He never really seemed to regret it.

This was a very famous case that brought a spotlight on family annihilators.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

Re: John List: murdering a family is so much easier than divorce

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=23397.msg1464883#msg1464883 date=1259892225]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_List

Basically, John List murdered his mother and his entire family over the course of a day. He was a weirdo and they lived in this huge Victorian mansion, and after killing them he dragged their bodies to the ballroom and laid them out.

No one knew why exactly he did it, although he was very religious and said he didn't commit suicide at the time because he wanted to be able to get to heaven and rejoin his family. He was in financial straights and the reason for their huge house was presumably his wife's money, from what I recall. He actually went so far as to pick his son up from a soccer game in order to take him home and shoot him

He'd already alerted the school that he was pulling the kids out for a family vacation, and canceled their mail, so it was quite a while before they found the bodies.

He was wanted for seventeen years before New Jersey police asked America's Most Wanted to air his story. He was spotted living with a new family in Arizona and arrested, finally sentenced for his crimes. He never really seemed to regret it.

This was a very famous case that brought a spotlight on family annihilators.
    [/quote]

i love how they caught him....because of an age progression that was done.  it was done by a sculptor, right?  or was it a drawing?

did he have more kids with his second wife, or were they hers by another relationship?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23397.msg1464918#msg1464918 date=1259892867]
    i love how they caught him....because of an age progression that was done.  it was done by a sculptor, right?  or was it a drawing?

did he have more kids with his second wife, or were they hers by another relationship?
    [/quote]
    It was a sculpture, and it looked just like him!

I think he had kids with her. I mean, they were together almost 20 years. Imagine finding that out. So horrible.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=23397.msg1464921#msg1464921 date=1259892914]
    It was a sculpture, and it looked just like him!

I think he had kids with her. I mean, they were together almost 20 years. Imagine finding that out. So horrible.
    [/quote]

oh, thats right, it was a sculpture.  i couldnt remember if there was a sketch first or not. 

really amazing how precise it was.

and his poor wife.  (well, both of them)  i cant imagine finding out something like that.  i wonder if she had any clue that something was amiss.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdJEQyPUX4

I watched this not that long ago, what a weirdo.

The sculpture of the age progressed bust was done by a very talented artist called Frank Bender.

I just finished a book about him and John List was one of the many cases he worked on with local police/FBI.

Back to topic..

"Don't worry, I'm quite the screamer - now there's a spoiler for you..."

[quote author=death.becomes.her8701 link=topic=23397.msg1465628#msg1465628 date=1259957146]
    The sculpture of the age progressed bust was done by a very talented artist called Frank Bender.

I just finished a book about him and John List was one of the many cases he worked on with local police/FBI.

Back to topic..

[/quote]

frank bender....i think he's the forensics dude thats from philly, right? 

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=23397.msg1465748#msg1465748 date=1259961908]
    frank bender....i think he's the forensics dude thats from philly, right? 
    [/quote]

That's him!

"Don't worry, I'm quite the screamer - now there's a spoiler for you..."

List  is an infamous example of a family annihilator - all consuming narcissism and rigidity that says the family is "better" dead
    than shamed by a loss of status or lifestyle. Interestingly, they themselves are not better dead, and usually recreate the pattern elsewhere.
    So, so interesting.

http://neurologicalcorrelates.com/wordpress/2008/05/15/why-do-men-kill-their-family/
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I just found out that he died while he was in prison.

Whoa, I didn't know he had died.  They arrested him right in my town about a mile from my house...  I would have thought his death would have been big news here.  Hmm.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=23397.msg1465575#msg1465575 date=1259954103]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdJEQyPUX4

I watched this not that long ago, what a weirdo.
    [/quote]

Look at you repping American Justice.

And yea List is a real piece of shit but the same can be said for anyone who mass murders their entire family, like that dude from Amityville.

[quote author=Clockworx link=topic=23397.msg1470599#msg1470599 date=1260418164]
    Look at you repping American Justice.

And yea List is a real piece of shit but the same can be said for anyone who mass murders their entire family, like that dude from Amityville.
    [/quote]

TC9 sent me a list of american crime shows, i have since been hooked!

Thread Information