Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ginger Boyle (39) was charged with involuntary manslaughter, after her son Ke

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Ginger Boyle (39) was charged with involuntary manslaughter, after her son Ke

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23131.msg1445987#msg1445987 date=1258149151]
    Meh, I'll continue to trust until I have reason not to. If that makes me a fail, so be it. Agreeing with Necro would be so much more fail that I can't take the risk.
    [/quote]
    I don't understand why trusting your child is a fail. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Re: Ginger Boyle (39) was charged with involuntary manslaughter, after her son Ke

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=23131.msg1446037#msg1446037 date=1258152994]
    I don't understand why trusting your child is a fail. :lol:

[/quote]

I don't either. We hear about this happening but we don't hear about the many, many, many more kids who don't steal their parents' drugs. I think to assume the worst based on something a few (comparatively) other kids do is kinda stupid.

Kids drink and drive or drive dangerously and are killed in accidents. Perhaps I should hide her car.

Kids huff. Perhaps I should flip out if she cleans her computer.

Kids do a lot of shit. Maybe I should just tie her ass up and not let her out of her room.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23131.msg1446041#msg1446041 date=1258153529]
    I don't either. We hear about this happening but we don't hear about the many, many, many more kids who don't steal their parents' drugs. I think to assume the worst based on something a few (comparatively) other kids do is kinda stupid.

Kids drink and drive or drive dangerously and are killed in accidents. Perhaps I should hide her car.

Kids huff. Perhaps I should flip out if she cleans her computer.

Kids do a lot of shit. Maybe I should just tie her ass up and not let her out of her room.
    [/quote]

You're on a roll!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Her son's father died, then her son died, now she's being faced with criminal charges.
    I, for one, kind of feel sorry for her.
    A lot of people face unfortunate consequences for not being able to see past the ends of their noses.
    Sad, really. One hell of a lapse in judgment that will haunt her emotionally, and possibly legally, for the rest of her life.

MARSHALLS CREEK — Ginger Lee Boyle of East Stroudsburg, said she didn't mean for her apparently suicidal 13-year-old son to get hold of her pain-killers and overdose on them in April in their home, according to defense attorney Brett Riegel.

Boyle, 39, who uses legally prescribed methadone pills as pain-killers, is charged with involuntary manslaughter in her son's death. She is expected to plead guilty to avoid a prison sentence.

She said the pills were in a locked box that was stored in what should have been a secure place, but that her son somehow gained access, according to Riegel.

She said she did not call 911 or take her son to the hospital because the boy seemed fine at the time. He died five hours after taking the pills.

"Certainly, there were better ways in which this situation could have been handled, but it's important to remember that the cause of death was suicide," Riegel said Wednesday, appearing with Boyle in Marshalls Creek District Court.

"The young man unfortunately was intent on killing himself, and there wasn't much his mother could have done to stop him."

Boyle waived her right to a preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge Brian Germano.

She plans to plead guilty in Monroe County Court to involuntary manslaughter. If she complies with treatment and counseling requirements for her methadone use, she would be eligible to apply for a probationary sentence as someone with no prior felonies on her criminal record, Riegel said.

Boyle was free on unsecured bail as of Wednesday and will appear in county court at a future date.

A police affidavit gives the following account:

State and Stroud Area Regional Police were called to the Boyle residence around 10:15 a.m. April 1. Boyle's son was lying on the bathroom floor, unresponsive and not breathing.

He was rushed to Pocono Medical Center and pronounced dead at 10:47 a.m.

When interviewed, Boyle told police she woke up to take her prescription methadone, found her pills missing and then found her son on the bathroom floor.

In another interview with police later that afternoon, Boyle said she had last spoken to her son around 4 or 5 a.m. When she found her pill box missing, her son said he had not taken the pills, but then admitted to taking two pills "because he was so sad," she told police.

"He didn't show any signs that he was overdosing, but he wouldn't tell me where the rest of the pills were," she said. "I looked everywhere for the pills before I fell asleep, but I could not find them anywhere. He must have taken the rest, because I looked everywhere for the pills and I could not find them."

Autopsy results later showed the 13-year-old died from mixed drug toxicity, including methadone, in his system. Forensic pathologist Isidore Mihalakis opined that the boy's life could have been saved had Boyle called 911 as soon as she discovered her pills missing, even though she thought her son seemed fine at the time.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091224/NEWS/912240325/-1/NEWS0502
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Wait I thought methadone was passed out to heroin addicts so they can take it with  benzos so they can feel like they are on heroin.....oops I mean I thought methadone was passed out so heroin addicts can become methadone addicts...no thats not right....methadone is passed out so pharmaceutical companies get paid.. thats it.

R.I.P. to the boy and father.....  all i can say to the mother is sorry you got played.
    If I was on death row and given one last meal I would ask for a fortune cookie. "Come on 'long prosperous life!'"-Mitch Hedberg

Thread Information