Thread: Dorking's famous albino squirrel dead

Dorking's famous albino squirrel dead

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/news/Dorking-s-famous-albino-squirrel-dead/article-1458385-detail/article.html

A much-loved white squirrel was killed after he was hit by a car in Dorking.
    The squirrel was killed as he crossed Mill Lane just after 3pm on Tuesday, October 27, and has been buried close to nearby St Martin’s Church, where he was most often spotted.
    Lou Gardey, from Brockham Green, was one of the first on the scene after the accident.
    She said: "I was coming up the hill at St Martin’s Walk car park and I came around the corner and he was just squashed in the road.
    "Someone had just run over it and then left it lying in the road.
    "I went to Aromantica to get a bag for him and found a sweeper and borrowed his spade.
    "We made a little grave for him with a little wooden cross.
    "He was very special to Dorking – people are just shocked and devastated.
    "People used to come everyday to leave nuts for him. He was so special – I thought he was something out of a fairytale.
    "I think it would be nice if people got together to do a plaque for him and give him a name. I think Snowy would be nice."
    Elaine Wilson, 49, from North Holmwood, was in Aromantica, in St Martin’s Walk, when she was told the squirrel was dead.
    She said: "He used to love running around the church ground so that’s why we buried him there.
    "Just as we were burying him a woman with two children walked past and said ‘we might see him’ and I felt bad telling her the bad news.
    "Everyone knows who he is and I can’t believe he has gone. I think a lot of people will be sad about this."
    Maggie Chaplin, who works in Aromantica, added: "I’m so angry about it – who killed him?
    "He used to run past the shop everyday and I was going to get him some Brazil nuts. There are going to be so many people sad about this. I started crying straight away when I found out."
    The Revd. Stuart Peace, of St Martin’s Church, said: "I would think he is about five years old.
    "We had a picture of him in the church vestibule."

:lol:  You have to read the comments below the article for full effect.  :lol:

Re: Dorking's famous albino squirrel dead

rip squirrel.

may the pathetic bastard who ran you over incur the wrath of millions of fire ants on his crotch and may his arms be too short to scratch.

[quote author=ichy link=topic=23116.msg1441966#msg1441966 date=1257792860]
    rip squirrel.

may the pathetic bastard who ran you over incur the wrath of millions of fire ants on his crotch and may his arms be too short to scratch.

[/quote]
    :lol:

SNOWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Squirrel of the Virgin Mary....I wish my picture could be put up in a church, too.

RIP Snowy.

You were so cute, white and furry.

In the defense of the person who ran him over. Squirrels have suicidal tendancies. RIP Snowy and may you find many nuts and albino female squirrels.  :2sad: He is in a better place now.

Thread Information