Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: NETFLIX/HULU/MAX JUNKIES UNITE!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/39887833/m...-court-records

Murder Mountain is coming to Netflix

Spoiler alert: This report reveals details in the “Murder Mountain" documentary series on Netflix.)

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (NEWS 8) -- Information in court records has identified a person of interest in the 2013 shooting death of Ocean Beach resident Garret Rodriguez.

The unsolved murder is getting national attention on Netflix in the six-part documentary series entitled Murder Mountain.

Rodriguez, 29, was working on a medical marijuana farm in Humboldt County in early 2013 when he suddenly went missing.

His body was discovered months later in a shallow grave near the rural town of Alderpoint in Humboldt County.

A vigilante posse of armed men allegedly shot and wounded a man and then forced him to lead the posse to where Rodriguez’s body was buried.

Multiple court records point to 30-year-old Quentin Lenig as the man who led the vigilante posse to Rodriguez’s grave in November 2013.

At that time, Lenig became a person of interest in the homicide investigation, according to court records, a 2013 Humboldt County search warrant obtained by KFMB News 8, and a 2013 news release issued by the family's private investigation firm, Cook & Associates.

The Humboldt County District Attorney has declined to file criminal charges in the case, according to a statement from the Humboldt County Sheriff.

The search warrant signed on November 29, 2013 by Humboldt County magistrate Marilyn Miles included a statement of probable cause, which named Lenig as the man who was shot by the vigilante posse.

It states that the posse of “suspects put Lenig into a truck and drove off the property.”

A portion of the search warrant remains sealed by court order because of the ongoing homicide investigation.

Lenig's ex-girlfriend – who is the mother of his 2-year old son – has an active restraining order against Lenig in San Diego as part of a custody battle in family court.

In May 2018, the ex-girlfriend filed a declaration in the case under penalty of perjury.

“Father was involved in a shooting incident in Humboldt county in November 2013 and was shot... I have seen the gunshot wounds," the declaration stated.

"I have been contacted by law enforcement multiple times asking if I have any information with regards to father's involvement in an open murder investigation,” according to the ex-girlfriend’s declaration.

Additionally, KFMB News 8 reviewed a California appeals court ruling in People v. Brown (Nov. 15, 2016), detailing the facts of a criminal conviction against a defendant named Matthew Aaron Brown.

During the associated criminal case, Brown testified seeing men “in a car with a blindfolded person who he was told was Quentin” in November 2013.

The men told Brown that they had “kidnapped Quentin to force him to show them the location of the body of someone named Garrett (sic) Rodriguez,” according to the appellate ruling.

The Rodriguez family is all too familiar with the name Quentin Lenig.

Val “Buzz” Rodriguez is Garret’s father.

“We found out Garret was shot through the mouth and it went directly through his spinal cord and he died instantly,” the father said in the Murder Mountain documentary.

The victim's father also said he was thankful the posse of armed men had found his son's body, call them vigilantes or not.

“They're heroes to me. They're heroes to me. I don’t care what the law says,” the father said in the documentary.

On January 4, 2018, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office posted a statement on Facebook about the Murder Mountain documentary and the Sheriff's ongoing investigation into the murder of Garret Rodriguez.

“Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office investigators forwarded this case to the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office for review. The District Attorney’s Office determined that it would not file charges at that time due to the lack of evidence,” according to the Sheriff’s statement.

The statement also indicated the Sheriff’s office was having difficulty “securing witnesses to testify” in the homicide case.

The Rodriguez family recently released a response to the Humboldt Sheriff’s statement.

“Garret’s alleged murderer is still at large, and the (Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office) has not conducted this investigation in a way that is satisfying to the family of the deceased,” the family statement said.

Currently, Lenig is living in Indiana, according to family court records.

Again, he has not been charged in connection with the Rodriguez murder and the Sheriff has not named Lenig as a suspect.

His ex-girlfriend is living with their child in Southern California.

In her 2018 declaration, the ex-girlfriend claimed Lenig has repeatedly violated the court's restraining order by sending "harassing and abusive text messages" and "death threat voicemails."

The ex-girlfriend – who KFMB News 8 is not identifying because she is an alleged victim of domestic violence – recently filed a criminal complaint with the San Diego Police Department alleging violations of the restraining order by Lenig.

For his side, Lenig filed his own declaration in San Diego family court in September 2018 denying all allegations and accusing his ex-girlfriend of preventing him from seeing his son.

"Everything (mother) has said about me as a parent is a lie... Bottom line is that I am a great father who is being denied being a father by lies,” Lenig’s declaration stated.

KFMB News 8 reached out to Lenig through his attorneys in both San Diego and Knox, Indiana.

The attorneys declined to comment and Lenig did not respond to News 8’s request to interview him on camera.

The Rodriguez family has set up a GoFundMe account to help pay for the private investigator working in Humboldt County to identify witnesses and uncover evidence in the case.

The newest season of Stranger Things is out now

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Dbl

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I just watched “Don’t F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer” and it was very good. I definitely recommend it.

ETA: I didn’t watch any of the videos. Can’t stomach it.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 12-22-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I just watched “Don’t F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer” and it was very good. I definitely recommend it.

ETA: I didn’t watch any of the videos. Can’t stomach it.
    I'm listening to the Sword and Scale podcast now (episode 33 & 34) about Luka and then will watch the Netflix series
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Hey what podcast do you use?
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I use Google Play

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I just watched ?Don?t F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer? and it was very good. I definitely recommend it.

ETA: I didn?t watch any of the videos. Can?t stomach it.
    It looks awesome. I am going to watch it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I'm listening to the Sword and Scale podcast now (episode 33 & 34) about Luka and then will watch the Netflix series
    Is that the one that the crazy woman from WS hosts now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg View Post

Is that the one that the crazy woman from WS hosts now?
    Haha, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Haha, yes.
    Wait, really? There's always a guy hosting the ones I've listened to. Definitely wont be listening to any with her.

Wait, really? There's always a guy hosting the ones I've listened to. Definitely wont be listening to any with her.
    Yeah, he was run off and she took over. There was a huge controversy about him. https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/sword...dery-cut-ties/

Yeah, he was run off and she took over. There was a huge controversy about him. https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/sword...dery-cut-ties/
    Ahh ok, he's back and re-recorded the episodes she hosted. I don't follow any of the social media's but I do like how he presents the info so I'm gonna keep listening.

I tried some other podcasts but I don't like the back and forth chit chat stuff.

Ahh ok, he's back and re-recorded the episodes she hosted. I don't follow any of the social media's but I do like how he presents the info so I'm gonna keep listening.

I tried some other podcasts but I don't like the back and forth chit chat stuff.
    I've never listened to any of these podcasts, but I remember when all of that was happening. I remember discussing it over in Trisha's thread http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...er-bills/page2 BB73 also did a youtube about it.

So I guess they kicked Trisha to the curb?

Oh, I am so happy that he is back! I loved that podcast and I stopped listening when she took over. Now I can catch up
    For some reason I always get Sword and Scale mixed up with Generation Why, which is why I asked. I have no clue why I get them confused.

Apostle

Tiger King is really good. It's all sorts of fucked that it almost sounds made up.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Tiger King is really good. It's all sorts of fucked that it almost sounds made up.
    I have been too afraid to watch it. Big cats are one of my soft spots and I have worked with Big Cat Rescue to raise money and try to change legislation in the past. I didn't realize this was about that case and the situation around BCR until today. I just thought it was about some idiot and his pet cats.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I have been too afraid to watch it. Big cats are one of my soft spots and I have worked with Big Cat Rescue to raise money and try to change legislation in the past. I didn't realize this was about that case and the situation around BCR until today. I just thought it was about some idiot and his pet cats.
    If that's the case, DON'T. I got two episodes in and the only thing I could focus on was how livid I was about the cats. I refuse to give it my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The Decline and Blood Father.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Tiger King is our new guilty pleasure. Joe Exotic is one strange motherfucker, but Carol, that woman is even worse.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

1. I think Joe Exotic was set up and 2. I'm not sure who is the asshole in his husband situations. Do I think they were truly gay, no but I don't think they were drugged to be with him.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Tiger King is our new guilty pleasure. Joe Exotic is one strange motherfucker, but Carol, that woman is even worse.
    It's an awesome crazy fest that has perked up these Covid 19 lockdown days.
    To be honest, none of them come out of it well...but when the ex-cocaine dealer is looking the safest & most honourable that says a lot! ��

Love this movie..

Today, the first day of April, is April Fools’ Day, but we’re honestly just not feeling that cheerful this year. For obvious reasons, we figured today would be a particularly cruel time to try and play some sort of dumb prank on you guys. But that doesn’t mean we can’t have a little bit of fun with a day like today. And what better way to celebrate than with a horror-comedy gem?

Perfectly timed to April Fools’ Day, the Chiodo Brothers‘ 1988 horror-comedy classic Killer Klowns from Outer Space just crash-landed on Netflix, available today for instant streaming!

In the Stephen Chiodo-directed film, written by Charles Chiodo and Stephen Chiodo, “Aliens who look like clowns come from outer space and terrorize a small town.”

Killer Klowns is horror-comedy perfection, a wild and wacky good time that’s as fun the 50th time you watch it as it was the first time you discovered it. I’m pretty sure most of you guys reading this right now are intimately familiar with this one by now, but at a time when we could all use some fun escapism, I can’t think of a better movie to turn to and seek comfort in.

FUN FACT: Did you know the Chiodo Brothers re-used some of the Klowns for Ernest Scared Stupid, which was released just a few years later? I know it’s April Fools’, but I’m not kidding!
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...netflix-today/

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    If that's the case, DON'T. I got two episodes in and the only thing I could focus on was how livid I was about the cats. I refuse to give it my time.
    Here's a good article about this BS show

https://www.outsideonline.com/241141...=pocket-newtab

'Tiger King' Is a Wild Ride. And Largely Misleading.
    The hugely popular Netflix docuseries leaves out crucial facts about America's big-cat industry and the people trying to stop it

Thread Information