-the brandon teena story
    -who killed the electric car?
    -my kid could paint that
    -who the #$&% is jackson pollock?
    -forgiving dr. mengele
    -nefertiti resurrected
    -i like killing flies
    -soldiers in the army of god

oh!  and i almost forgot to mention Stevie.  we live fairly close to Pomona, so we drove out there after watching that documentary.  aaaannd it was just like it was in the documentary.  there is absolutely nothing to see there (other than the pomona natural bridge).  it was fun driving around though, trying to guess where the "brotherhood" (as that guy in the story put it) met at.  haha.

Re: NETFLIX JUNKIES UNITE!

Best docs?

Auschwitz, Inside The Nazi State
    Ken Burns The War
    Ken Burns The Civil War

[quote author=portia link=topic=23115.msg1704529#msg1704529 date=1282994184]
    some of the documentaries i've seen off netflix and loved are:

-the death of emmett till
    -the larry davis story
    -the brandon teena story
    -who killed the electric car?
    -my kid could paint that
    -who the #$&% is jackson pollock?
    -forgiving dr. mengele
    -nefertiti resurrected
    -i like killing flies
    -soldiers in the army of god

oh!  and i almost forgot to mention Stevie.  we live fairly close to Pomona, so we drove out there after watching that documentary.  aaaannd it was just like it was in the documentary.  there is absolutely nothing to see there (other than the pomona natural bridge).  it was fun driving around though, trying to guess where the "brotherhood" (as that guy in the story put it) met at.  haha.
    [/quote]

Thanks for those suggestions. I didn't know that there was a documentary on Brandon Teena. I have heard good things about the Emmett Till one. I have seen Stevie. I read on IMDB that he was recently released from prison and there was a poster on the IMDB boards that said he or she was in contact with Steve and that he claimed he joined the Aryan Brotherhood.  I have seen Soldiers in the Army of God. I'm curious to see Forgiving Dr. Mengele and Nefertiti Resurrected.

[quote author=browneyes106 link=topic=23115.msg1705101#msg1705101 date=1283059279]
    Thanks for those suggestions. I didn't know that there was a documentary on Brandon Teena. I have heard good things about the Emmett Till one. I have seen Stevie. I read on IMDB that he was recently released from prison and there was a poster on the IMDB boards that said he or she was in contact with Steve and that he claimed he joined the Aryan Brotherhood.  I have seen Soldiers in the Army of God. I'm curious to see Forgiving Dr. Mengele and Nefertiti Resurrected.
    [/quote]

Steve is out.  He's was living in Murphysboro.  We saw him not long ago walking down the street.

the Illinois Sex Offender Registry says he has fled:

Child Sex Offender Information 
    Name: STEPHEN D FIELDING
    Date of Birth: 3/18/1971
    Height: 5 ft. 07 in. Weight: 180 lbs. Sex: M Race: W
    Address: ADDRESS UNKNOWN
      MURPHYSBORO , IL 62966
    Sexual Predator

Crime Information 
    Victim was 8 years of age
    Offender was 26 at the time of the offense
    Crimes:
    PREDATORY CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT (2 Counts)
    County of Conviction: Jackson

Location Unknown
    Offender has fled the address given on registration records without notification.
    this was him in 2008:

[quote author=portia link=topic=23115.msg1705142#msg1705142 date=1283084254]
    Steve is out.  He's was living in Murphysboro.  We saw him not long ago walking down the street.

the Illinois Sex Offender Registry says he has fled:

[/quote]

Thanks for the update. Stevie was one of the first Netflix movies I got! I always wondered what happened to him.

I first watched Stevie on IFC of Sundance a few years ago. I have checked iMDB and other sites about the Stevie and the family. I kind of remember reading somewhere that the step-grandmother died.

Lots of bigger movies on Netflix today.  Iron Man, The Haunting in Connecticut, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Crank 2, Astro Boy, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Star Trek(2009), and The Godfather.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=23115.msg1707381#msg1707381 date=1283361095]
    Lots of bigger movies on Netflix today.  Iron Man, The Haunting in Connecticut, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Crank 2, Astro Boy, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Star Trek(2009), and The Godfather.
    [/quote]

Cool, thank you. For some reason V and I are hooked on Friday Night Lights.  :lol:

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=23115.msg1707389#msg1707389 date=1283361664]
    Cool, thank you. For some reason V and I are hooked on Friday Night Lights.  :lol:
    [/quote]I'm finishing up the last few episodes of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.  It's not a terrible show and Summer Glau is a hot skinny chick.

Damn.. now I added like 10 more instant movies. I never watch them anymore though... I barely have enough time in my week to watch the DVD movies i get. :x

Just watched The Cove. Documentary about the dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan and the people who are trying to stop it. It made me teary eyed! gah!

I had to watch Stevie again. Such a sad story..

I also watched A Certain Kind of Death It's about what happens when a person dies without any next of kin. It's pretty interesting, although it was a bit graphic at times. It showed the bodies and death scenes. I never knew what the process was in cases like these, so it was informative at least!

I'm such a docu-nerd and my husband hates it. So I try to get all my documentaries watched while he's out of town. Only 3 more days until he gets back! Gotta find more to watch!  :lol:

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=23115.msg1707390#msg1707390 date=1283361733]
    I'm finishing up the last few episodes of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.  It's not a terrible show and Summer Glau is a hot skinny chick.
    [/quote]

It wasn't a bad show at all. Too bad Fox canned it.

Well, It's official... Netflix has removed the friends feature (and all other "community" features) from the site.  :-(

How stupid.

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=23115.msg1708966#msg1708966 date=1283569703]
    Well, It's official... Netflix has removed the friends feature (and all other "community" features) from the site.  :-(

How stupid.
    [/quote]

ugh! How lame!!

Thanks for the link to the movie, I just added it to my queue.  My husband isn't down with documentaries either, he thinks they're boring.  So now I have something to watch before he gets home from work this afternoon, thanks!  :-D  +1
    xox

[quote author=Trahnse link=topic=23115.msg1707900#msg1707900 date=1283414222]

I also watched A Certain Kind of Death It's about what happens when a person dies without any next of kin. It's pretty interesting, although it was a bit graphic at times. It showed the bodies and death scenes. I never knew what the process was in cases like these, so it was informative at least!

[/quote]
    Play em' off keyboard cat.

[quote author=Trahnse link=topic=23115.msg1707900#msg1707900 date=1283414222]
    Just watched The Cove. Documentary about the dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan and the people who are trying to stop it. It made me teary eyed! gah!

I had to watch Stevie again. Such a sad story..

I'm such a docu-nerd and my husband hates it. So I try to get all my documentaries watched while he's out of town. Only 3 more days until he gets back! Gotta find more to watch!  :lol:
    [/quote]

That one was so sad.  Made me think I should push out a spawn just so someone could deal with my remains.

We watched Bangkok Girl which was absolutely fascinating and very sad.  It's about prostitution in Bangkok.  Another documentary we recently watched was Hoop Dreams.  And Mary and Max which is kind of a documentary and kind of an animated movie.  Very sad.

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=23115.msg1711491#msg1711491 date=1284043941]
    That one was so sad.  Made me think I should push out a spawn just so someone could deal with my remains.

We watched Bangkok Girl which was absolutely fascinating and very sad.   It's about prostitution in Bangkok.   Another documentary we recently watched was Hoop Dreams.  And Mary and Max which is kind of a documentary and kind of an animated movie.  Very sad.
    [/quote]

Totally! I was thinking.. that could be me!! 

Added Bangkok Girl and Mary and Max to my streaming. Those two sound pretty interesting! :)

The Cove was really good, but made me really angry. 

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=23115.msg1711534#msg1711534 date=1284049316]
    The Cove was really good, but made me really angry. 
    [/quote]

I saw a video of a Japanese dolphin slaughter online awhile back that made The Cove look like a walk in the park. It was absolutely horrendous. The whole time I watched the Cove I was praying that the footage I saw wouldn't be on this doc. That's how bad it was. 

I watched Bangkok Girl today.. it was good. I had to laugh at the lady-boys! "You take my picture, I take your cock!"  /scene ends abruptly!  :lol:

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=23115.msg1711491#msg1711491 date=1284043941]

We watched Bangkok Girl which was absolutely fascinating and very sad.   It's about prostitution in Bangkok.   Another documentary we recently watched was Hoop Dreams.  And Mary and Max which is kind of a documentary and kind of an animated movie.  Very sad.
    [/quote]

I had to watch Hoop Dreams in high school, it's a favorite of mine.

Last night I watched the docos Crazy Love and Crumb.  I love love loved Crumb.

Today, the bf and I have spent the day watching Season One of Friday Night Lights.  He's never seen it, and I haven't seen it since it first aired.  Such an amazing show, and I haaaate football.

[quote author=Trahnse link=topic=23115.msg1711880#msg1711880 date=1284075991]
    I saw a video of a Japanese dolphin slaughter online awhile back that made The Cove look like a walk in the park. It was absolutely horrendous. The whole time I watched the Cove I was praying that the footage I saw wouldn't be on this doc. That's how bad it was. 

I watched Bangkok Girl today.. it was good. I had to laugh at the lady-boys! "You take my picture, I take your cock!"  /scene ends abruptly!  :lol:
    [/quote]

The lady-boys were something else.  The film maker was so in love with his subject that it was actually kinda painful to watch.  And the falang were so disgusting! 

Mary and Max was wonderful!! It's something I probably never would have picked, so thanks for posting it! I loved it so much!

We finally watched Legion and The Book of Eli this weekend. Legion was okay.. I actually started playing WoW about halfway through, so obviously it didn't hold my interest as much as I hoped.  Book of Eli was pretty good. I had to watch it again myself. I fell asleep about 10 minutes into it after working all night and spending all day cooking for a friend's going away party. 

I noticed The Human Centipede is coming out 5 Oct. It's at the top of my list already. Hope I get it quick!  :lol:

I watched this movie today: http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Weirdsville/70080622?trkid=226870

I thought it was going to be lame, but it turned out to be really good. Made me laugh my ass off multiple times. :lol:

[quote author=Trahnse link=topic=23115.msg1711880#msg1711880 date=1284075991]

[/quote]

The captions on Bangkok Girl were cut in half on my screen so I killed it about half way through. It also struck me as poorly made. I guess I'm spoiled by the Ken Burns stuff.

[quote author=angelaiscaustic link=topic=23115.msg1711990#msg1711990 date=1284085692]
    I had to watch Hoop Dreams in high school, it's a favorite of mine.

Last night I watched the docos Crazy Love and Crumb.  I love love loved Crumb.

Today, the bf and I have spent the day watching Season One of Friday Night Lights.  He's never seen it, and I haven't seen it since it first aired.  Such an amazing show, and I haaaate football.
    [/quote]

Yeah we just went through everything on Netflx for FNL, good shit.

I watched "The Man With The Screaming Brain" last night.  I really fucking love Bruce Campbell.

Also if anyone shares my love of Bruce and has not yet seen it, watch "They Call Me Bruce."  It's on Netflix instant right now.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Thread Information