Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: NETFLIX/HULU/MAX JUNKIES UNITE!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Here's a good article about this BS show

https://www.outsideonline.com/241141...=pocket-newtab

'Tiger King' Is a Wild Ride. And Largely Misleading.
    The hugely popular Netflix docuseries leaves out crucial facts about America's big-cat industry and the people trying to stop it
    Fun fact: someone in my family met the "Tiger King". She took their picture with the cats. she said he was a fucking weirdo.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Fun fact: someone in my family met the "Tiger King". She took their picture with the cats. she said he was a fucking weirdo.
    Big Cat Rescue is a reputable organization that does a lot of good, and only gets involved at the behest of law enforcement. Sadly though, they are losing a lot of charitable funding over all of this nonsense, and the cats will suffer because of it.

Big Cat Rescue is a reputable organization that does a lot of good, and only gets involved at the behest of law enforcement. Sadly though, they are losing a lot of charitable funding over all of this nonsense, and the cats will suffer because of it.
    Thats sad as fuck. I love big cats.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The Endless was really good. 6.5/10

As kids, they escaped a UFO death cult. Now, two adult brothers seek answers after an old videotape surfaces and brings them back to where they began.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3986820/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I've been binging a lot of Netflix original shows.
    I loved AJ and The Queen. Now, I'm watching Never Have I Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I've been watching a lot more Netflix lately too. Some that have actually been pretty good are: On My Block, Skin Wars, Shot In The Dark, Chambers, The Innocence File and Spenser Confidential
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    The Endless was really good. 6.5/10

As kids, they escaped a UFO death cult. Now, two adult brothers seek answers after an old videotape surfaces and brings them back to where they began.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3986820/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    This sounds intriguing.

Just finished Tiger King. I have never in my life seen such a collection of WTF People all together in one group like that. It was like the Island of Misfit Toys. I think all of them, including the BCR lady, are psychopathic. Interesting that the people in this doc who engage in the exotic animal trade, including Carole Baskin, are like predators who take advantage of the folks who have no where to go. Predators who breed and trade the ultimate predator.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 04-29-2020 at 06:35 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This sounds intriguing.

Just finished Tiger King. I have never in my life seen such a collection of WTF People all together in one group like that. It was like the Island of Misfit Toys. I think all of them, including the BCR lady, are psychopathic. Interesting that the people in this doc who engage in the exotic animal trade, including Carole Baskin, are like predators who take advantage of the folks who have no where to go. Predators who breed and trade the ultimate predator.
    I'm watching it now and I really like it, despite the circumstances. It's never about the Tigers, just the fucked up people I suspect are all on drugs and have mental problems. I do not care for that Carole chick, or that Jeff guy. I feel like the Jeff guy doesn't care about the animals at all.

I don't want to believe Joe killed the Tigers for no reason

What is up with the "sanctuary" owners being total man whores?

I'm watching it now and I really like it, despite the circumstances. It's never about the Tigers, just the fucked up people I suspect are all on drugs and have mental problems. I do not care for that Carole chick, or that Jeff guy. I feel like the Jeff guy doesn't care about the animals at all.

I don't want to believe Joe killed the Tigers for no reason

What is up with the "sanctuary" owners being total man whores?
    Pretty interesting. After I did my own research, however, I view it through a totally different lens. We'll chat after you watch it, don't want to spoil anything for you. Because you think you've seen it all, but it gets crazier every episode.

man whores.....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Pretty interesting. After I did my own research, however, I view it through a totally different lens. We'll chat after you watch it, don't want to spoil anything for you. Because you think you've seen it all, but it gets crazier every episode.

man whores.....
    I finished the series and my opinion hasn't changed much, but I haven't done my own research. Care to enlighten me?

Found this randomly

Im watching Unbelievable now. Its got Merritt Weaver in it and I love her.

Im watching Unbelievable now. Its got Merritt Weaver in it and I love her.
    I don't have Netflix anymore, so I can't watch all the things you guys are watching. I have been binge watching a serial killer show all day on our local True Crime channel.

I don't have Netflix anymore, so I can't watch all the things you guys are watching. I have been binge watching a serial killer show all day on our local True Crime channel.
    I dont think we have anything cool like that here

this show is triggering me. i feel so bad for this poor girl. Sometimes the police should go fuck themselves.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 05-16-2020 at 05:55 PM.

I finished the series and my opinion hasn't changed much, but I haven't done my own research. Care to enlighten me?
    Well for starters, I went to the Big Cat Rescue rebuttal page to hear the other side of the story and I have to say, I don't hate that bitch Carole Baskins anymore. I actually feel badly for her. She does good work, and she was clearly deceived by the director/producers of this show. She thought she was signing up for the big cat version of "Blackfish," and it's clear they never intended to be a serious documentary. This documentary wasn't about the cats at all - it was about Carole and Joe and all of the other WTF people they surround themselves with. It was a freak show, that emphasized the sensational with little to no focus on the plight of the cats. I fear Carole's Big Cat Rescue will suffer because of it. I'm not even convinced Carole killed Don anymore. She has posted legal documents on her rebuttal page that support her contention that Don was showing signs of dementia before he disappeared. She posted a lot of legal documents on the rebuttal page, she's pretty transparent from where I'm standing.

Well for starters, I went to the Big Cat Rescue rebuttal page to hear the other side of the story and I have to say, I don't hate that bitch Carole Baskins anymore. I actually feel badly for her. She does good work, and she was clearly deceived by the director/producers of this show. She thought she was signing up for the big cat version of "Blackfish," and it's clear they never intended to be a serious documentary. This documentary wasn't about the cats at all - it was about Carole and Joe and all of the other WTF people they surround themselves with. It was a freak show, that emphasized the sensational with little to no focus on the plight of the cats. I fear Carole's Big Cat Rescue will suffer because of it. I'm not even convinced Carole killed Don anymore. She has posted legal documents on her rebuttal page that support her contention that Don was showing signs of dementia before he disappeared. She posted a lot of legal documents on the rebuttal page, she's pretty transparent from where I'm standing.
    Interesting...I don't hate Carole Baskins, I hate that Jeff guy. I posted the video because I thought the guy singing it was funny.

I agree the documentary/series did not make her look good. As long as she's taking care of the cats, I'm fine with her.

As I mentioned upthread, I have been to the BCR, and I have helped with fundraising for them for about the last decade. I think Carole is truly trying to help the cats. I definitely think all of this will cause BCR to suffer and lose funding, and I hate that.

As I mentioned upthread, I have been to the BCR, and I have helped with fundraising for them for about the last decade. I think Carole is truly trying to help the cats. I definitely think all of this will cause BCR to suffer and lose funding, and I hate that.
    They didn't really show that much of the BCR in the series, I'm curious as to what it's like?

Interesting...I don't hate Carole Baskins, I hate that Jeff guy. I posted the video because I thought the guy singing it was funny.

I agree the documentary/series did not make her look good. As long as she's taking care of the cats, I'm fine with her.
    I think she is taking excellent care of the cats. I thought the video was hilarious. Carole's reaction to this prank video where the guys pretended they were from the Jimmy Fallon Show speaks volumes about Carole B in my humble opinion:

I must have missed that post, RBW - didn't realize you've helped with fundraising (good for you, BTW). I'm afraid it will cause BCR to lose funding as well, so I sent a nice donation (1) as penance* for watching "Tiger King" in the first place; and (2) for initially believing their version of Carole B.

*That Catholicism habit is hard to break.

They didn't really show that much of the BCR in the series, I'm curious as to what it's like?
    It's in the middle of Tampa...you would never expect to stumble on it if you didn't know it was there. There are hotels, restaurants, businesses all around, then you go down this long dirt road and come to this little building, and back behind the building it opens up into a park like setting that is on a river. Their habitats aren't HUGE, think zoo like, but they have lots of enrichment things for them and they seem happy. Some of them are alone, and some are together in their habitat....depending on how they came into the rescue and what they like. There are lots of volunteers around all the time, a lot of them college age kids, but everyone seems genuinely devoted to the cats.

They run tours everyday, one of the main ways they fund feeding the cats, and I have seen people from all over the world come to the tours. They have a gift shop with all kinds of merchandise for sale (We have tote bags, shirts, mugs, insulated cool cups-we are suckers) and they sell it online. They do a lot of fundraising things throughout the year (I can't imagine how expensive it is to feed that many big cats) and are well thought of in the community.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...masks-70741077

Are you a cool cat or kitten? There’s now a coronavirus mask out there for you.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that Big Cat Rescue founder Carole Baskin, prominently featured in Netflix’s “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness," started selling face masks with her oft-quoted catchphrase Saturday.

The dual-layered tie masks feature the words “Hey all you cool cats and kittens” above a whiskered feline smile. Viewers of the popular docu-series know that's Baskin's catchphrase.

Masks cost $11 each and come in black or leopard print. The masks are being sold to raise money to help big cats. Portions of the proceeds also support first responders.

Big Cat Rescue is closed to the public due to the coronavirus outbreak. A post on bigcatrescue.com said the animal rescue is losing $160,000 a month in tour revenue.

Big Cat Rescue is closed to the public due to the coronavirus outbreak. A post on bigcatrescue.com said the animal rescue is losing $160,000 a month in tour revenue.

Not netflix but Hulu...has anyone seen the series Castle Rock? Is it any good?

On cell.

Short version: guy tries to kill girl, girl gains control of his zoo, and he has coronavirus.

https://people.com/tv/tiger-king-car...erty/?amp=true

That Bitch Carole Baskins got control of the Tiger King's zoo!

Justice.

ETA: Did I miss the part where someone has COVID19?
    Last edited by KimTisha; 06-02-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Thread Information