Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NETFLIX/HULU/MAX JUNKIES UNITE!

NETFLIX/HULU/MAX JUNKIES UNITE!

I love netflix. I currently have the 3 disk at a time plan, upgraded for Blue Ray for $4 more a month. I also have a ROKU box for the instant streaming. best $99 I've ever spent, since I don't have a X BOX 360. If you're not using the "Watch Instantly" you're missing out. I especially like it because it lets you try out movies and TV series without wasting a mailing. I used instant to try out Californication, Dexter and Heros.

Anyways, there is a friends deal on netflix where you can see what's in your friend's queues, see how they rated movies and compare ratings. We should all friend up so we can reccomend good movies to eachother etc.

CLICK THE LINK TO ADD ME!

http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/PB1jKjliCWpq4rqoocj8  

Reviewer Rank:

Nickname: PCP777
    Ratings
    777 ratings :2thescream:
    Reviews & Lists
    0 reviews, 0 lists
    Friends & Faves
    4 Friends, 0 Faves
    Notebook
    5 new notes (24 total)
    Community Home

Re: NETFLIX JUNKIES UNITE!

I am totally adding you.  I feel like Billy Madison everytime I see the red envelope in my mailbox...
    NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY!!

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

I'm sure I'll be a junkie here before too long. I already have a helluva long queue.  :lol: You have my email for the netflix stuff. If you have anything pervy, my hubby will want to look at whomever's list has it. haha

[quote author=Cat Pajamas link=topic=23115.msg1441838#msg1441838 date=1257783281]
    I am totally adding you.  I feel like Billy Madison everytime I see the red envelope in my mailbox...
    NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY!!
    [/quote]

I feel like that when my HUSTLER comes in the mail, and me and my husband get into grab matches over it too haha! Ok, so I should have one coming tomorrow, if I queued on Sunday right?

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=23115.msg1441839#msg1441839 date=1257783291]
    I'm sure I'll be a junkie here before too long. I already have a helluva long queue.  :lol: You have my email for the netflix stuff. If you have anything pervy, my hubby will want to look at whomever's list has it. haha
    [/quote]

I've sent you an invite. Netflix rocks. I used to go to blockbuster and buy three movies for $24 and they all usually sucked. I rarely want to watch the same movie over again anyways. This has actually save me a bunch of money.

Right now I'm on a big Battle Star Galactica kick.  :lol:  The 2003 remake is actually really good, if you liked Star Trek or Star Wars, you should check it out. I'm surprised none of it's on instant view though.....

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=23115.msg1441844#msg1441844 date=1257783667]

I've sent you an invite. Netflix rocks. I used to go to blockbuster and buy three movies for $24 and they all usually sucked. I rarely want to watch the same movie over again anyways. This has actually save me a bunch of money.

Right now I'm on a big Battle Star Galactica kick.  :lol:  The 2003 remake is actually really good, if you liked Star Trek or Star Wars, you should check it out. I'm surprised none of it's on instant view though.....
    [/quote]

I see the Battlestar thing haha! I'm adding a lot of stuff from your queue. You like Mike Tyson! I queued that, then I'm now queing a whole bunch of other fighters now. I'll be on here all day. 

I can't upload a pic there, is that normal? Or did my pic break the thing?  You have some super great documentaries Pete, I love documentaries. I've got The Neverending Story and Labyrinth on queue to watch when the kids get home. Sky especially wantsond  to see it.

How I lived without netflix is beyond me fo realz.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=23115.msg1441856#msg1441856 date=1257784429]
    I see the Battlestar thing haha! I'm adding a lot of stuff from your queue. You like Mike Tyson! I queued that, then I'm now queing a whole bunch of other fighters now. I'll be on here all day. 
    [/quote]

LOL, I will warn you, sometimes our 15 YO or V will rate some stuff, and the kid stuff is for Jack. Pretty much all Sam watches are the cheesy horror movies.Most of it should be accurate. I haven't seen the Tyson flick, it must be on instant. I'm surprised either of them watched it.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=23115.msg1441867#msg1441867 date=1257785341]
    I can't upload a pic there, is that normal? Or did my pic break the thing?  You have some super great documentaries Pete, I love documentaries. I've got The Neverending Story and Labyrinth on queue to watch when the kids get home. Sky especially wantsond  to see it.

How I lived without netflix is beyond me fo realz.
    [/quote]

The documentaries are terrific, there's a bunch on the instant view. You'll also see stuff that shows watched and unrated which is all from the instant view. If you watch even 5 minutes of something and then pause it it asks you to rate it. I do rate everything that we watch all the way through OR that we delete because it sucked so bad. If it doesn't have a rating, it's a kid's show or we haven't finished it.

I've got a Netflix account and canceled my cable subscription.  I like Netflix because you don't have any commercials, I can stream a lot of movies/documentaries and they can give some good movie suggestions based on your past movie ratings. 

The best part in my opinion is being able to watch a whole season of a tv show by getting 4 or 5 discs and not having to wait each week for the show to come out.

[quote author=dzovi link=topic=23115.msg1441886#msg1441886 date=1257786212]
    I've got a Netflix account and canceled my cable subscription.  I like Netflix because you don't have any commercials, I can stream a lot of movies/documentaries and they can give some good movie suggestions based on your past movie ratings. 

The best part in my opinion is being able to watch a whole season of a tv show by getting 4 or 5 discs and not having to wait each week for the show to come out.
    [/quote]

Absolutely. We really like Heros. Instead of watching it when the new show airs on Monday, we wait and watch it commercial free on Tuesday or Wednesday on instant view. It's one of the few that we know of that did that though. I'd still rather wait and catch TV/cable series after the fact without commercials or without trying to watch it one time every week. I like to go through multiple episodes at a time, not wait on the cliff hangers and my schedule is too chaotic.

I just renewed my netflix account today.

http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/PQNltyHZsqKLDmc6WNwM

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar

Mine just got shut down today because the bank canceled my debit card without telling me  :2angry:

We are such Netflix addicts that we bought the Roku so we could watch instantly on our tv!

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=23115.msg1442193#msg1442193 date=1257802866]
    We are such Netflix addicts that we bought the Roku so we could watch instantly on our tv!
    [/quote]

We LOVE our ROKU!

I had Netflix while I was in Japan, and I was surprised at how quickly the movies got there haha.  I cancelled, but then got it again here in Hawaii.  Then I didn't have time to watch movies so I cancelled again, but I'm going to reactivate once I move back to Buffalo.

There's a community on Livejournal where people post stills from different movies. It's got a good representation of all genres and languages. Kinda gives me some eclectic ideas to put in my queue. http://film_stills.livejournal.com

http://www.hackingnetflix.com/ is a helpful resource for upcoming and new releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

PS3's now have the free streaming.

To activate your PS3 device, click here....

http://www.netflix.com/InstantStreamingDisc

[quote author=songbirdsong link=topic=23115.msg1442831#msg1442831 date=1257834882]
    There's a community on Livejournal where people post stills from different movies. It's got a good representation of all genres and languages. Kinda gives me some eclectic ideas to put in my queue. http://film_stills.livejournal.com

http://www.hackingnetflix.com/ is a helpful resource for upcoming and new releases.
    [/quote]

Great link, thank you.

I LOVE Netflix! We used to buy DVD's indiscriminately and wasted so much money on shitty ones. We totally stopped buying DVD's once we got Netflix. I have a massive huge queue.. my husband was so glad when they introduced multiple queues. Now I have mine that's 350+ movies and he has his that is like 10 movies long. The only thing that sucks is when he rates his silly sci-fi movies, it shows up on my Facebook that I rated it! I'm not a nerd!!  :lol:

[quote author=Trahnse link=topic=23115.msg1443026#msg1443026 date=1257874749]
    I LOVE Netflix! We used to buy DVD's indiscriminately and wasted so much money on shitty ones. We totally stopped buying DVD's once we got Netflix. I have a massive huge queue.. my husband was so glad when they introduced multiple queues. Now I have mine that's 350+ movies and he has his that is like 10 movies long. The only thing that sucks is when he rates his silly sci-fi movies, it shows up on my Facebook that I rated it! I'm not a nerd!!  :lol:

[/quote]

Pretty much exactly. I did the same thing at Blockbuster and end up with all this lame crap.

For a while Netflix would sell DVDs for like $5 or $7 bucks with case and I'd pick up one now and then after I'd watched it if it was something I REALLY liked. They stopped doing that about a year ago. So now I hardly ever buy a DVD. I have 215 in the queue and 156 on instant.

Peter talked me into putting my friendship on blast.

http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/P7iW1lY6hrCf0mWubJWC 

I got my DVDs today!!! I got Freaks and Hotel for Dogs for the kids. Now I cant find the remote for the dvd player, FUUUUU!!! I will find that damn thing in time.

They're pretty quicklike

Love Netflix!!!!  And yes, the documentaries available for streaming are amazing.  We have stream to the XBox but I'm thinking of getting a Roku for my mum for xmas.

Here's me and hubby:

http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/PZpfVkxCMeiWssgGHRQC 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

netflix, tivo, gamefly, sirius satellite radio. Things I cannot live without.

I watch lots of random crap on netflix.  I have like 130 discs in my que, and 75 on my instant que.

Thread Information